AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-15, 04:28   Link #121
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
Eh, you just made a few "billion dollar" questions

Let's say that the Author makes books, not mangas. And yes, there are several books already published that can be animated anytime. And yes, we all hope there will be a lot more of FMP anime but nobody knows for sure, as things are now.

My personal opinion is that there will be more fmp anime, because there is a lot of material ready to be used for it, and the first series went pretty well also abroad (I speak for Italy) and people is just like you and me: wanting more of FMP
aah sry my bad. I meant Novels.

I think FMP really has everything in it:
romance
fighting
comic

cute girls
a hero
a dumbass (same person as the hero ^^ )
lots and lost of cool people!
action all the way.

it's just a complete package

Old 2007-02-25, 08:03   Link #122
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

IMHO TSR has the most romantic ChidoriXSagara moment , the haircut scene . Chidori goes to kiss Sagara she cant resists so she does the next best thing and wakes him . It was cute sweet and funny at the same time
Old 2007-02-25, 11:18   Link #123
pothead21
Davisanddroz.com

Send a message via AIM to pothead21
woah, i almost forgot to use spoiler tags. lol, if i hadnt read one of my previous posts...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-25, 11:52   Link #124
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
IMHO TSR has the most romantic ChidoriXSagara moment , the haircut scene . Chidori goes to kiss Sagara she cant resists so she does the next best thing and wakes him . It was cute sweet and funny at the same time
rolf, half the time she was playing with his hair, and i was laughing

thats probably why it took so long and souske fell asleep

on an side note i thought it was goign pretty well for them up to that point seeing as how chidori started to open up and someone was at least taking steps
Old 2007-02-26, 01:15   Link #125
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah that scene is followed by another kodak moment . Sagara is at Kana's door and he tells her her he will repay the favor by giving her a haircut sometime .... Kana first goes to smack him than she realises Sagara just wants to the repay the favor/thank her . The smile she put on after she realised it was cute , but alas our Gunso never got it
Old 2007-02-26, 09:47   Link #126
velvet nightmare

not to mention "maybe next time i could pick his clothes" after she closed the door
Old 2008-01-21, 21:38   Link #127
X10A_Freedom

I would have to say very well done to Kyoto Animation for making such an accurate representation of Hong Kong (at times).

I've lived in Mid-Levels so when Hunter the information person gave his briefing, the accuracy of the 4 still drawings played during the briefing was astounding. I visited the 7-11 convenience store once a week on my walk back from choir practice for ice cream. The bus stop...I can clearly see 93/93A in the information board. Correct numbers - morning only commuter student routes.

When Sousuke and Mao took the car out, I knew the roads Sousuke picked for his journey until the tunnel. The roads were fairly accurately represented*. Funny he used the bus-only "queue-jumping" route into the Cross Harbour Tunnel. The CGI of the tunnel interior was a very accurate rendition and Mao's talk about the tunnel being endlessly congested in normal circumstancesis also very true! Shame the other side of the tunnel isn't "local" for me so I lost the trail there.

Other minor details include the accurate (at times) rendition of the red Toyota Crown Comfort taxi, complete with all the external stickers. "Taxi 5 seats" and the flower stickers representing that the taxi runs on LPG.

Again...some amazing work by Kyoto Animation. Although the art was rather inconsistent, they've done tremendous research.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-22, 02:13   Link #128
masterwok

you mean that actually have a tunnel sturcture that looks like you can get lost in, from what i saw in the mithril briefing room.
Old 2008-01-22, 07:41   Link #129
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
you mean that actually have a tunnel sturcture that looks like you can get lost in, from what i saw in the mithril briefing room.
Wasn't that the Nanjing mission?
Old 2008-01-22, 17:27   Link #130
Sukidesu

lol I love all of FMP series but this one has romance in it. It shows their development. It's funny and sad and intense. Sousuke's character developed a lot from emotional point of view. He improved and finally thinking about his future outside of being a soldier. Though he still dense about his emotion, we as the audience know he developed. So I hope he will finally get use to living as a normal person. lol But so much has been going so it would hard for him.

This anime is great.
Old 2008-01-22, 23:54   Link #131
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Wasn't that the Nanjing mission?
im not sure what the mission was called but it was to return north and south china back to peaceful terms.
Old 2008-01-24, 06:27   Link #132
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
im not sure what the mission was called but it was to return north and south china back to peaceful terms.
I'm still confused!

Nanjing mission was a hostage rescue mission from terroristswith an added twist due to a betrayer from the intelligence department of Mythril leaking information.

Hong Kong mission was to find and eliminate the Venom which had been causing random havoc.
(The resolvance of this by Mythril also happened to lead to the ceasefire of North and South China).

If I recall the Mythril briefing room, the Nanjing mission had a huge complex set of tunnels on the screen while the Hong Kong mission had an accurate map of Hong Kong!
Old 2008-01-24, 11:05   Link #133
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
I'm still confused!

Nanjing mission was a hostage rescue mission from terroristswith an added twist due to a betrayer from the intelligence department of Mythril leaking information.

Hong Kong mission was to find and eliminate the Venom which had been causing random havoc.
(The resolvance of this by Mythril also happened to lead to the ceasefire of North and South China).

If I recall the Mythril briefing room, the Nanjing mission had a huge complex set of tunnels on the screen while the Hong Kong mission had an accurate map of Hong Kong!
so the complex set of tunnels exist in real life in hong kong?
Old 2008-01-24, 11:44   Link #134
X10A_Freedom

The tunnel complex is the Nanjing arc.

This is the tunnel that I referred to in Hong Kong.
Old 2008-01-26, 13:28   Link #135
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Wow, cool, to actually have some RL reference points!! that makes the story seem all the more real <G> Thanks.
Old 2008-01-29, 00:13   Link #136
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
LOL i just got done watching that scene no more than five minutes ago xD

also the fact he actually checks out her cleavage.... who would have thought BOOBS??? he seemed nervous and like "hmmm boobs they look nice" LOL who would have thought sousuke liked boobs... i didnt xD

but seriously great scene, wish they kissed blah blah T_T

DAMN YOU MR. SILVER U PIECE OF ****, HOW DARE YOU KISS KANAME BEFORE SOUSUKE!!!!!!!!!!!! *hulk smash* ..... i really hate tessa's bro he is a mother fudging dlfkjakldfjklasjdflkajsldkfjlfjaslkdjflaksdj
Old 2008-01-29, 03:15   Link #137
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG IM SO SORRY BUT I HAVE TO POST AGAIN.... FINISHED TSR FOR LIKE THE 100TH TIME AND IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER!!!!!!!!

THE ACTION, DRAMA, AND ROMANCE!!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHH IT IS SOOO GOOD, LAUGHED, CRIED, STAYED UP ALL ****IN NIGHT DJFLAKJDFKLAJDFLKJADLFKJALKJ THE FINAL ENDING SCENE, OMG OMG IM LIKE A LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL RIGHT NOW, LOL i have lost all respect from people on this forum but im just so obsessed with this series!!!!! im still a man, im still a man!!!!!!

THE BEST ANIME EVERY CREATED BY FAR...

but down to business, i have always thought about this but was never able to get an answer, who the heck is "wraith"? im not sure if this was discussed in another thread, if so pls link it.
as of now it just seems like a new character that will be introduced in a later series which will be created. Was this mentioned in any of the novel and is wraith closely related to anyone apart of mithril? (maybe mao's sis? same eyes colour and type of hair, just a thought oO )
Old 2008-01-29, 04:15   Link #138
masterwok

but down to business, i have always thought about this but was never able to get an answer, who the heck is "wraith"? im not sure if this was discussed in another thread, if so pls link it.
as of now it just seems like a new character that will be introduced in a later series which will be created. Was this mentioned in any of the novel and is wraith closely related to anyone apart of mithril? (maybe mao's sis? same eyes colour and type of hair, just a thought oO )[/QUOTE]

wraith is part of mithril, but works in a different branch than mao. i think wraith works for the intelligence branch i think thats what they call it, but wraith is a second bodyguard that was assign to chidori.
Old 2008-01-29, 09:54   Link #139
Tabasco

Wraith is Mithril Intelligence division's guard on Kaname. How effective at it she is
is open to debate.
Old 2008-01-29, 11:27   Link #140
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Wraith is Mithril Intelligence division's guard on Kaname. How effective at it she is
is open to debate.
yes yes i know this, but i want to know her identity, as in origin, looks, relations etc. i know about watching kaname and being apart of mithril....

Last edited by Sobresaliente; 2008-01-29 at 12:15.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, kadokawa, mecha, school life, shounen