AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 15:18   Link #3021
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

You know, when you get used to getting blown out while averaging 9 point a game like I was with the Panthers last year, you become numb.

However, to continue to lose these close games where the Panthers had multiple opportunities put a strangle hold on the opposing team. . . it hurts, it hurts really bad.

Legedu Naanee sucks.

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-10-02 at 15:28. Reason: Epic Freudian Slip
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:29   Link #3022
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Okay...Andy Reid has got to go. McNabb might have not been the one, but this is ridiculous. The coaching personnel on the Eagles is beyond subpar.

Fuck cancer. If Good 'Ol Jim Johnson had this defensive corps, we'd be 4-0 by now. Maclin's also had his name on the critical plays which cost us games in Atlanta and now against San Francisco. Seriously, JMac needs to take some medicine, because it seems he's come down with a moderately strong case of the bads.
Old 2011-10-02, 19:09   Link #3023
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

I'm enjoying the fact the Niners managed to win again…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 00:02   Link #3024
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Dallas managed to beat themselves while exposing the Lions at the same time...I'm in utter disbelief...this was a complete breakdown on all sides of the field, Romo's 3 interceptions, 2 of which were returned for TDs, 2 missed opportunities for points (this pissed me off the most, you have a giant lead on the opposition, should have settled for field goals if you couldn't get the TD, it's like they didn't have a FG Kicker that wasn't 6 for 6 last week...), and that critical defensive holding call that gave the Lions a fresh set of downs that ultimately cost Dallas the game.

I can only find comfort in the fact that the Eagles lost.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2011-10-03 at 07:10.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 07:36   Link #3025
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I'm enjoying the fact the Niners managed to win again…
WIN MORE Please, I'm dedicated to my teams current suck for luck bid, holy crap thank you niners.

@dilla

man I feel you, when your acustomed to winning by double digits and only single digits on a bad day, and then open up the season 0-3 becuase you football god is having neck surgery and rubbing stemcells on it between surgeries it can be jarring especially since his window is shrinking rapidly. Honestly though carolina's woes are definitely from the lack of running game, I mean cam is a stud, definitely the right number 1 this year, blame deangelo and your entire running back core.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 10:29   Link #3026
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
WIN MORE Please, I'm dedicated to my teams current suck for luck bid, holy crap thank you niners.
They're just tenacious aren't they?
Old 2011-10-03, 14:02   Link #3027
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
They're just tenacious aren't they?
This season... It is killing me, what's the point of winning, we are just hurting out future and without manning we might as well be strategic... OH WAIT Jim Caldwell is the coach and just like he squandered the Playoff game against the jets last year he'll drop our team in the toilet. It's obvious, the colts are nothing without manning, what better way to start next season is with a big fat insurance policy that is Andrew Luck? Considering how the season is playing out and the fact that both houston and tennesse are 3-1 means that our hopes at a Painter led playoff run are practically zero and that's if we win out, so why risk it when the vikings could really go 0-16 cuz fatty mcnabb is a bum?
Old 2011-10-03, 14:04   Link #3028
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Vikings drafted Christian Ponder no. 12 overall last year, they're not going to draft another QB this year.
Old 2011-10-03, 14:08   Link #3029
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Vikings drafted Christian Ponder no. 12 overall last year, they're not going to draft another QB this year.
they could especially if fatty mcnabb turns out bad and ponder doesn't pan out when they inevitabily start him, considering Tebow's predicament and the power and studdliness that is Cam Newton I would see that franchise doing something desperate if ponder doesn't pan out. I mean Cam newton has changed the life for the carolina fan base, they actually believe they can win every game their in, it's hope, and unfortunately Vikes need it, because if they don't it could be the catalyst for the move to LA.

god i feel like i'm talking about a dorama and not the nfl.
Old 2011-10-03, 18:34   Link #3030
solomon

No more "Are you Ready"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g.html?hpid=z3

Hank Williams is out of MNF after calling Obama Hitler.

Make no mistake that is a tremendously douchey move but I'll miss those openings.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 20:07   Link #3031
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I don't think douchey covers it...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 21:24   Link #3032
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I don't think douchey covers it...
But obama is a secret muslim, terrorist hitler fascist communist out to destroy the united states/sic
what ever when it comes to these things, it's up to the networks discretion, but then again when they hire herm edwards as an "analyst" it's hard to buy into their credibility. Also trent dilfer... really? Dude just didn't toss the game for the raven and he has a ring and suddenly he's a smartest guy off the field. I'm pretty sure he was raggin on Cam before he got drafted, saying his game wouldn't translate to the pros. My point is espn sucks when it comes to their serious analysis at least they get the banter right with Grand wizard Skip bayless.

Na I think their commentary is sometimes good FF Focus is good, Sportsguy, Dj Gallow, King are great but the other talking heads for tv... eh not so much.
Old 2011-10-03, 21:43   Link #3033
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Okay...Andy Reid has got to go. McNabb might have not been the one, but this is ridiculous. The coaching personnel on the Eagles is beyond subpar.

Fuck cancer. If Good 'Ol Jim Johnson had this defensive corps, we'd be 4-0 by now. Maclin's also had his name on the critical plays which cost us games in Atlanta and now against San Francisco. Seriously, JMac needs to take some medicine, because it seems he's come down with a moderately strong case of the bads.
F*** cancer? Really xD...

Wow, while I have a few gripes about my Saints (Namely their average D-end pass rush and refusal to run the ball when up by double digits), after seeing the Eagles bomb and Atlanta revealed to be pretenders...We're clearly the 2nd best team in the NFC, and probably the NFL right now (Our D is much better than the Pats and we have as good an offense)...So I'm feeling good right now...

Detroit looks scary, but if you get top 10 picks for like 20 straight years you should be damn good by now, and they are...Wouldn't want to play them on a wild card weekend...

Eagles v. Bills is gonna be the ticket this weekend...Philly loses this one...It's "Oh $hit" time...

@Nosauz - ESPN (every big network really) has a ton of $hit analyst, but I'd say Trent Dilfer is one of the best of the neophytes, by far...He actually makes strong controversial points without becoming a cartoon character...For ESPN that's Rembrandt level stuff...
Old 2011-10-04, 00:55   Link #3034
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
This season... It is killing me, what's the point of winning, we are just hurting out future and without manning we might as well be strategic... OH WAIT Jim Caldwell is the coach and just like he squandered the Playoff game against the jets last year he'll drop our team in the toilet. It's obvious, the colts are nothing without manning, what better way to start next season is with a big fat insurance policy that is Andrew Luck? Considering how the season is playing out and the fact that both houston and tennesse are 3-1 means that our hopes at a Painter led playoff run are practically zero and that's if we win out, so why risk it when the vikings could really go 0-16 cuz fatty mcnabb is a bum?
I'm talking about the 49ers and the way they just destroyed Philly in those twin 3rd quarter drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
F*** cancer? Really xD...

Wow, while I have a few gripes about my Saints (Namely their average D-end pass rush and refusal to run the ball when up by double digits), after seeing the Eagles bomb and Atlanta revealed to be pretenders...We're clearly the 2nd best team in the NFC, and probably the NFL right now (Our D is much better than the Pats and we have as good an offense)...So I'm feeling good right now...

Detroit looks scary, but if you get top 10 picks for like 20 straight years you should be damn good by now, and they are...Wouldn't want to play them on a wild card weekend...
I think that if the Niners beat the Bucs next week, they can realistically be considered one the elite teams in the NFC again as well. Even if they don't, the ninerss schedule after the bye isn't that hard, so they should get into the playoffs regardless (Save for a disastrous blowup).
Old 2011-10-04, 07:32   Link #3035
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The only way the 49ers don't win their division this time is if Harbaugh gets assaulted. The guy knows how to make his team play within themselves. They don't win pretty but they win. All that matters.

Seriously, how does Buffalo go from beating New England to lossing to freaking Cincinatti?! Oh wait, they don't have defense. Buffalo is going to have to score like a boss to keep winning.

The whole league seems offense-oriented this year. Leads don't matter. Comebacks are all over the place. This was the worst year for the Colts to have Manning injured.

And the quagmire of a tanking race to get Andrew Luck just gets bigger! Problem is, will Petersen be patient enough to wait that long?
Old 2011-10-04, 07:46   Link #3036
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Seriously, how does Buffalo go from beating New England to lossing to freaking Cincinatti?! Oh wait, they don't have defense. Buffalo is going to have to score like a boss to keep winning.
It's their special x-factor: inconsistency and the ability to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. It's why I never feel confident in any lead until the game is over. Some of my friends are blaming blown calls but I find that pretty ridiculous because if they'd played better to begin with and not squandered their lead, those calls wouldn't have made a difference.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 08:25   Link #3037
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

The whole league seems offense-oriented this year. Leads don't matter. Comebacks are all over the place. This was the worst year for the Colts to have Manning injured.

And the quagmire of a tanking race to get Andrew Luck just gets bigger! Problem is, will Petersen be patient enough to wait that long?
The offense oriented team trend seems to be true barring a few exceptions like Baltimore.

It's especially true for the Pats. New England has the worst defense in the NFL. The absolute worst. The reason they win games is because they have an amazing offense revolved around Tom Brady. But when Tom Brady throws 4 interceptions, then yeah, they can expect to lose that game to another high-scoring team like Buffalo.

In a season where Detroit 4-0, I think we'll continue to see a lot of surprises.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 16:31   Link #3038
Kyuu
=^^=

Just something of interest:

Quote:
Homecoming Queen Kicks Winning Field Goal

Brianna Amat didn’t wear a sparkly gown when she was crowned homecoming queen. Instead, the Pinckney, Mich., high school senior wore her bulky No. 12 football uniform.

The senior, who had beaten two boys out for the position of kicker on the Pinckney Community High School football team, was sitting in the locker room at halftime during the school’s homecoming game. Although she was nominated for homecoming queen, Amat “just didn’t see it in her future,” said Jim Darga, the school’s principal. “Brianna is a very humble person.”
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ng-field-goal/
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 17:50   Link #3039
Nosauz

Sorry but you 49ers fans are delusional, look at the schedule the Niners have played, then look at the fact that Gore was averaging under 2 yards a carry prior to his 10 per carry against the eagles, there is no way that the niners can be considered elite, will they make the playoffs? probably just look at that shit division, they get to play the worst pass defense that is the Cardinals, they get to play the inept seahawks led by tavaris, I mean alex smith is no trophy but that division is just PURE garbage. I just don't see the niners beating any good teams, maybe some fakers but no really good teams thus a quick exit in the playoffs, I will give you guys one thing, your at least going to make the playoffs unlike my sorry Colts, if management plays him this year..... I will lose my freaking mind.

Not gonna lie the best team in the league are the packers, although their run game needs work, the bears are fakers, and john fox has effectively nuetered orton from a 400yd a game guy to a 200yd a game guy, cam newton must be thanking god Fox is gone from carolina.
Old 2011-10-04, 17:55   Link #3040
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

If John Fox was still the coach, then Newton wouldn't be Panther. I'm 99.9% sure that Fox would have drafted Marcell Dareus.

Tags
american football, sports