AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-17, 15:36   Link #1881
Ichigo81
*Fansubber

Group: AniSubs
Positions: Translators, Translation Checkers, Karaoke, Timers
Current/Past Projects: Night Wizard, some other stuff
Future Projects: Whatever you want
Contacts: Any OP in channel
IRC Channel: #AniSubs@irc.rizon.net or #AniRecruit@irc.rizon.net
Email: recruit@anisubs.com

We pretty much really need a translator mostly so we can begin on fansubs rather than doing DVD rips. If you are a translator you can choose the show you want to sub and we will handle the rest. If you don't want to work on current shows this season then past shows/DVD's aren't a problem either.

As for the other positions... we recently lost or top guy due to an unfortunate misunderstanding, so we need help in other areas now also. Feel free to apply for any position you'd like.

Joints are cool too btw
Old 2008-04-18, 08:27   Link #1882
kaisou

Group: Reflection Subs

CURRENT PROJECTS (need Translator): Junjou Romantica

Looking for Translators interested in Translating any Spring or upcoming Summer anime.

OPEN POSITIONS: (all positions require a test)
Translator
Translation Checker
Timer
Editors
Karaoke FX
Quality Checkers
Typesetters (.ass and AFX)Encoders (MKV or AVI)

IRC: #reflection-subs @ irc.rizon.net
http://reflection-subs.org/
Old 2008-04-19, 12:26   Link #1883
Amaranthyl
Deus sive Natura

Looking for experienced freelancers for KnK

As a recently won-over Type-Moon fan (and an unemployed student with idle time) I've had the pleasure to delve into many of Nasu & Co.'s overly-intricate, yet nonetheless, breath-taking works in the past few years. From the captivating visual novels, to the various manga spin-offs, and ultimately to its final, most wide-spread form: an adapted animated series. Yet, so far, the animated mediums have proven to be sober at best; its flair and hook pale in comparison to their source material, and in short, they ended up being nothing spectacular. With the announcement of plans for a Kara no Kyoukai movie series, I was hesitant at first, but as soon as the trailers emerged, I had a change of heart. So let me start with a brief review...

(I will rant from hereon out, so ctrl+f IV. if you just want the details. TL;DR ~_~)

I.
Visuals: First off... The visuals were beautiful. Crisp hues of various colors blend into the night's cityscape, translucent buildings lay silent under moonlit rays, as well as those gorgeous character designs of main heroine, Ryougi, who all the while silently roams the darkness in her illuminated crimson attire. The action scenes, as you may imagine, were also quite spectacular.

Sounds: The music? If you're familiar with Yuki Kajiura, then you can figure this out for yourself. Also, if you have ever wondered what vocal sex feels like, the Ending Theme "oblivious" by Kalafina is exactly that and possibly more. o.ob

Production Staff: Although this isn't a waiver of what to expect in terms of quality, we do have the animation director of Death Note making his appearance as well, who did an amazing job for the series. Also, there are quite a number of popular voice actors with major roles in this movie. Maaya Sakamoto for one, shall be cast as the main character, Ryougi, and shall be accompanied by other talented voice actors which include: Mamiko Noto, Rie Tanaka, Yuji Ueda, and a few others.

II.
Now that I've explained why Kara no Kyoukai will be worth your time, I would like to ask if anyone else would likewise be interested in creating a fansub on par with this high-quality production. I do not, however, come empty handed in this offer with just my fanboyism. A Japanese Translator with many years of experience to clout, JLPT1 certified and a native with just as much knowledge and proficiency in English as Japanese- he will be localizing the DVDs for our viewers in a timely and professional manner, as this is some pretty serious business. ^_^ Besides the aforementioned Japanese translator, I am shot dry on every other essential aspect of successfully creating a final product. I do know quite a few talented fansubbers, but 1.) I have no idea as to what various groups are planning at the time being and 2.) asking them all individually is a task I'm not quite motivated to do at the moment. So, as a means of trying to assemble those few individuals who truly want to work on this, rather than trying to convince their entire group to pick it up, I offer you a position in this one time affair to create some awesome subs. Your compensation? Nothing. Your workload? Most likely a handful. So why should you do this? For the fun of it. My only guarantees are that: You will get to work on a great movie, you will have a willing translator working on the project, and hell... I might even buy the movies which would probably be delivered as soon as the DVD comes out.

III.
This isn't an "official" group, this is only a side project in which once a month we all gather to release the Kara no Kyoukai movies (However, there may be room for doing an actual series in the near future). It won't be competitive as it is a DVD release, but punctuality won't become so bad that a release couldn't be done in a week or less. The pace will indeed be lax with no deadlines. No one will have to motivate you to work- the decision is entirely yours. Therefore, if you do consider yourself busy, once a month shouldn't be a burden, plus you work at your own pace throughout the entire project. Though, this is why I invited people who wanted to do the series.

IV.
So to all you die-hard Type-Moon fans who love Nasu's works, and to all you experienced fansubbing whores out there who enjoyed Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night, maybe even worked on it, which would like to be apart of a team that shall bring Kara no Kyoukai to a vast audience: if you consider yourself an experienced and well-versed (Timer spot is filled): Translator, Translation Checker, Typesetter, or Quality Checker, please feel free to contact me here through a pm or via email at amaranthyl@gmail.com with any further inquiries, comments, or even simply to cyber. I'll be more than glad to get back to you promptly. Thank you for your time, and I hope to meet your acquaintance in the near future.

- ama

PS.

Oversubbing is a cancer. We should all give in to massive orgies instead.

Last edited by Amaranthyl; 2008-04-20 at 18:42.
Old 2008-04-20, 23:55   Link #1884
wakuwaku056

Group: MyA Subs
Projects: Toshokan Sensou
Positions Needed: Translator
Other Positions: Karaoke, Typesetter
IRC: #myasubs@irc.rizon.net
Others: Originally a malay only fansub group, we decided to jump into the english fansubbing scene due to the lack of any groups doing Toshokan Sensou a.k.a Library Wars. Currently we need only a translator, episode 1 is already roughly timed and read to go. Other positions also available.
Old 2008-04-22, 03:59   Link #1885
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Looking for translator, timer and raw provider to do Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro 2007-2008 season or Dead Girls OVA.

Contact CelesAurivern or johnsmith on the rizon network.
Old 2008-04-22, 05:59   Link #1886
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Group: Yoroshiku Fansubs
Positions: LaserDisc / VHS Capper
Projects: Various
IRC: #Yoroshiku@irc.rizon.net
Email: yoroshikufansubs [ a t ] yahoo .com

We are currently looking at doing a few neglected older series, but in order to do some of these we could really use a Japan-based LD/VHS capper. Some of the older greats only come in these formats and it would be a shame to leave them un-subbed simply because the sources don't have the same 'sparkle' as DVD.

If you can help and are Japan-based, please do get in contact!
Old 2008-04-22, 16:31   Link #1887
LostAnimeFan

Join If You're Interested In Contributing ^_^

Group: Nisemono-Fansubs
Positions Needed: TLCers, Karaokers, Typesetters, and Encoders
IRC Channel: #Nisemono-Fansubs @ irc.rizon.net
Site: http://nisemono.digusnotgold.com
Contact: MurderousAngel on irc.rizon.net or leave me a message here
Email Contact: princessofdeath3904@yahoo.com
Projects: Kure-nai and Himawari 2

Here at Nisemono-Fansubs we strive to put our best foot forward into to release quality subs at a steady pace. The project we are currently doing for spring are Kure-nai, although Himawari 2 as taken our interested and we are hoping to get a release out for it soon. If any of these positions interest you please feel free to stop by the channel and leave a message.

We are looking for Translation Checkers who are of course fluent in both the japanese and english languages well enough to be able to correct any mistakes that the translator may have made during the translation progress.

Editors are there to correct the english errors and make sure that there is proper grammar and sentence structure. The sentences must flow as well as sound and look correct when read.

The timers that we are looking for must be experienced at fine timing, which consists of splitting lines, adding lead in and lead out, scene timing and making sure that all the lines are timed at the right place.

Lastly is Encoders. Encoders are here to encode all of the scripts together to help create the finishing project. They are just another important step to producing quality anime. To be an encoder you must be familiar with all the latest codecs; XVID, h264, among others and be able to encode in .mkv and avi format.

Last edited by LostAnimeFan; 2008-04-23 at 11:32.
Old 2008-04-23, 22:11   Link #1888
Kana?
Timer..erer?

Group: Melancholy
Positions needed: Translator, raw getter dude
Project: Junjou romantica

Yep. Generally just interested in getting this subbed.
Old 2008-04-26, 05:15   Link #1889
Nyuuka

Manga transalators is needed

Hey everyone , I am currently looking at starting my own translation Manga group for nihonomaru.com but I don't have any translators yet. It is currently a new field for us. But I like it and had it in my mind for a while

If you can translate from japanese/chinese/korean to English , its not really a hard work, i think, i tried to do some of my own translation for fun :0) . If you think u can help me with this request and become part of nihonomaru translation staff, u can pm me here or on my forum.

Click

1- So we need ppl that are good in translating.
2- ppl that suggest which manga are we going to translate.

Needed

1. Editor
2. Translator
3. Cleaner/Typesetter
4. QC

Plz refer to this topic for more detail ::
Transalators needed

Last edited by Nyuuka; 2008-04-26 at 06:15.
Old 2008-04-26, 05:42   Link #1890
Cpl_Crud

Group: WinD
Project: Higurashi Kai DVD version

Positions Vacant: Typesetter

Contact: #wind-recruits @ rizon, or www.windfs.com/forums (PM cpl_crud)

We've got a full compliment of Translators/TL Checkers once more, but all of of Typesetters are afraid of doing the DVD reversioning.

Thanks all.
Old 2008-04-27, 07:03   Link #1891
Gentatsu
Ala~? Alalala~
*Fansubber

Group - Onibaku-Fansubs
Position - TLC, Backup Encoders, Backup Timers.
Anime - (Not sure if these are licensed or not~) Rave(TLC), Young GTO(Ep 5)(TLC), D Gray man(TLC, Backup Timer)
Contact - #Onibaku@ic.rizon.net
Person to Contact~ Gentatsu ~
~!~!
Old 2008-04-27, 07:06   Link #1892
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
Position: Wordpress Template Designer
Group: Ureshii
IRC: #ureshii @ irc.rizon.net
URL: http://www.ureshii-fansub.org

Description:
Check our site, it is calling out for a new dress this spring ^_^. My vision would be a Kaiba template, because that show
[@Rathann] ZOMG this series gets into your brain and twists it inside out o_O
and so many felt the same way too ^_^.
Waiting to hear from a kaiba fan who happens to be a designer too
Old 2008-04-27, 14:44   Link #1893
a_v

Saya no Uta Translation - Looking for Translators

The translation of Saya no Uta, a darker themed visual novel/eroge is currently stalled from lack of a translator.

The group is still working on a partial patch for what material they do have.

For anyone who is interested in assisting helping them complete this project:
http://saya.mirrormoon.org

Saya no Uta Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saya_no_Uta

Saya no Uta Promo Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAdrR8I_DXg

General Plot Outline (Source: http://browse.minitokyo.net/32/saya-no-uta )

Fuminori Sakisaka was in a car accident and his life was saved by breakthroughs in medical science. However, his perception of the world has been Instead of seeing everyday people, buildings and food, all he sees are clumps of meat, blood and gore. Hiding his condition Fuminori contemplates suicide, but then meets a girl who isn't distorted by his vision. With nothing else in the world worth living for, Fuminori asks her to live with him. Her name is Saya and she accepts.
Old 2008-05-01, 13:00   Link #1894
oli

Position - Raw Provider (DVDISO's)
Contact - just pm me

Basicaly, we're looking for a raw provider who can find us dvdisos of some series.
Since we know that its time consuming and that winny/share etc aren't always easy to use, we wll reward you for your work (we'll pay $$ per volume, seems fair). We think that's the best reward we can offer at this point.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited by oli; 2008-05-11 at 11:35.
Old 2008-05-02, 03:26   Link #1895
pichu
*Fansubber

Useless Typesetter for lolis!

Yes, I'm a useless typesetter (mainly After-Effects), looking to sub anything that's extremely moe. (i.e., more moe than moetan) Don't know about me? Please PM me here or pichu on irc.rizon.net (can't find me there? look for me on #pichu)

Also, don't private me without having/wanting me to interview your encoder. And, if you had bad experience with me before or if you don't have/do that kind of series/ova/movie, don't bother PMing me.
Old 2008-05-02, 19:46   Link #1896
himefansub

Position: translators
Group: Hime fan sub
Project(s): Sugar Suar Rune, Kirarin Revolution, Naisho no Tsubomi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki and many more
site: http://himefansub.wordpress.com
PM me or
email me: hung@tokyomanga.com

I made an offer to a fansub that I am willing to be a timer to 3 of their project if they can get their translators to work on 1 of my project. then I got kick out of the IRC.

I am willing to do a trade off with anyone who need a timer, encoder, karaoke or a typesetter. Or I host your DDL too.

Last edited by himefansub; 2008-05-04 at 08:40.
Old 2008-05-02, 20:21   Link #1897
Meltingice
Klipsch

Group: Nuke Fansubs
Position: Distro (Mainly Bots)
IRC Channel: #Nuke@irc.rizon.net and/or #Nuke-Recruit@irc.rizon.net
Site: http://www.nuke-fansubs.com

Yeah, we lack bot distro. Thanks.

Last edited by Meltingice; 2008-05-07 at 02:34.
Old 2008-05-03, 10:24   Link #1898
日本ひきこもり協会
awarpsharp is good

found a group

Last edited by 日本ひきこもり協会; 2008-05-05 at 07:52.
Old 2008-05-04, 07:49   Link #1899
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Group: Formula
Position: Timer
Projects: Allison & Lillia, Hitman Reborn!, Shugo Chara
IRC: #formula-recruits@irc.rizon.net
Contacts: Merines, martino, Lykos
Email: formula.sub@gmail.com

Our current timer is feeling burnt out, and I'm currently a bit overworked (understatement). Anyone applying should have previous experience and will be expected to provide some kind of example of his/her work. We'd prefer someone who doesn't have too many other groups/responsibilities and who doesn't rely on the TPP. Work would be split between you, myself and our timer at first, with more workload as time passes. You will be tested with an episode of Reborn or Shugo Chara (both are usually around 400-450 lines per episode). We don't set schedules for any of our projects, but you'd be expected to get the episode timed relatively quickly after a script is ready -- 24-36 hours, usually.

Obviously, if you like the projects you'd be working on, that helps too. It sucks working on a series you have no interest in. So if, for example, you're only interested in timing SC, we could probably work something out.

Last edited by the.Merines; 2008-05-11 at 18:07.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:46   Link #1900
fireboy88

Group: ainex
Position: Translator, Translation checker(JAPANESE MUST BE GOOD), editor, encoder, typesetter
Projects: Persona -Trinity Soul-, Monochrome Factor, Nabari No Ou
IRC: #ainex@irc.rizon.net
Contacts: xenia or any Ops alive at that time.

We need more help else everything will be stalled...>_<
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator