Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-29, 03:05   Link #41
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurai View Post
Yeah which is why i doubt that urahara's zanpaktou ability is cero. This guy juz has many skills, i dont think it will be something so common as cero. He probably has his own special skills.
Kinda like how yourichi has her own techniques and so so does byakuya.
You have apparently forgotten that Urahara is the most brilliant scientis in Bleach as far as we know...I am not saying cero is his only ability, but it is there. The basis for my reasoning is manga based so don't click if you haven't read it...

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-05-10, 01:24   Link #42
astrallionheart

Well if you think about it, any sort of projectile attack would be a cero negation.
Old 2008-05-12, 09:35   Link #43
Dnous
wut

I think the part in SS where Unohana healed the people with her "shikai" was just the materialized form of her zanpakutou. I seriously doubt that is her shikai.
Old 2008-06-01, 16:21   Link #44
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
hmm do you know tsunade from naruto anime? she had this ability to heal...I mean she activeted seal on her forehead and then all her wounds were healed no matter how serious they were...so unohana's bankai could have similar abilities
Old 2009-05-31, 23:36   Link #45
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Just wanted to ask the question how many people think Ichigo's mastered his bankai form or at least to the stage of Byakuya's mastery?

Do you think hes actually going to develop any more moves...Hitsu has proven time and time again you can develop more techniques with your bankai. Personally Im kind of tired of seeing Ichigo relying on his hollow powers again and again.

While they say bankai is the epitome of Shingami powers, just because you have achieved it theres no reason for you be capped at that level. Many of the senior captains have yet to show their bankai but many expect that when they do it wont be any less than say an Espada Number 4/5 release.

The next training session for Ichigo needs to concentrate back to his Shinigami roots I think.
Old 2009-06-01, 00:08   Link #46
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ulquiorra: Use Getsuga Tenshou, it's your strongest move...
Ichigo (not rly just me): It's my ONLY move, what did you expect?!
Cheapshot Ichigo getting closer to mastering bankai? Not even close, he's basically an apprentice, other than the fact that he got to know his bankai's name and GT, the only thing he has learned is that he can use GT from point blank.
Quote:
The next training session for Ichigo needs to concentrate back to his Shinigami roots I think.
All the way man, all the way...
Old 2009-06-01, 02:35   Link #47
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Ulquiorra: Use Getsuga Tenshou, it's your strongest move...
Ichigo (not rly just me): It's my ONLY move, what did you expect?!
Cheapshot Ichigo getting closer to mastering bankai? Not even close, he's basically an apprentice, other than the fact that he got to know his bankai's name and GT, the only thing he has learned is that he can use GT from point blank.

All the way man, all the way...
ROFL..."It's my ONLY move, what did you expect?!"...man that is soo true. maybe they should take away some moves from hitsuguya and give to ichigo.
Old 2009-06-01, 03:03   Link #48
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

I would give MAJOR POINTS to Kubo if I see Ichigo with his shades on before the HM/Espada invasion is through. It seems only natural for Ichigo to develop his look to signify a better master of his powers.

His zanpaktou already gave Ichigo his coat, he better be soon giving him those shades. Just like Hitsugaya got Ice Talons on his feet with his new mastery of his bankai. Ichigos bankai being based on speed the use of shades makes sense to not distort your vision with the wind resistance etc.

Ironic how the artist drew Ichigo amongst the Captains that we know of who have the most variety in techniques from their bankai. While Ichigo is basically still the one-trick pony.

Kubo do you have something like this in mind, or are you content with just drawing some new mask variations for your Ichigo?
Old 2009-06-01, 05:46   Link #49
kitten320

For me Ichigo's bankai is the most pathefic out of all
All it gives him is speed which at first looked amazing but now after everyone had running leesons, his speed is nothing...

His attack Tenshou Zangetsu is not only in bankai but also in shikai state
Or his sword is really that pathefic or it is Ichigo who is damn pathefic who can't use it properly...

I guess that's what you get when trying to get bankai in 3 days instead of years
Old 2009-06-01, 06:29   Link #50
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

yeap. speed and somewhat strength boost...what i don't get is how he was able to defeat byakuya with that speed (or tie...) but zommari was so easily beaten...i mean i know he wasn't that strong but the guys sonido was pretty extreme.
Old 2009-06-01, 06:36   Link #51
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
yeap. speed and somewhat strength boost...what i don't get is how he was able to defeat byakuya with that speed (or tie...) but zommari was so easily beaten...i mean i know he wasn't that strong but the guys sonido was pretty extreme.
For me the whole SS arc with Ichigo was a complete lie He won because he is main character, I don't see any other excuses there

Spoiler for manga:

His strengh dramaticly fell after that arc... I guess Aizen did more then just almost cut him in half with one finger
Old 2009-06-01, 07:30   Link #52
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

lol...on the front aizen is "awesome, this is exactly what i planned"...on the inside he's like "OMG WTF HOLY F*N S*I...YOU HAVE SOMEONE LIKE THAT AND IM EVIL???!!!"
Old 2009-06-01, 08:30   Link #53
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
For me the whole SS arc with Ichigo was a complete lie He won because he is main character, I don't see any other excuses there

Spoiler for manga:

His strengh dramaticly fell after that arc... I guess Aizen did more then just almost cut him in half with one finger
What I believe is that his upper hand against Byakuya was not because a complete mastery of his bankai, but because of its advantageous nature towards Byakuya. Ichigo's increase speed was the great counter to his numerous petals and the power suppression meant he could maintain it for much longer then bankai rookies like Rengi which required a greater output power. But surely, there should be more to Ichigos bankai than that right...?

Its not that Ichigo got weaker but versing neutral opponents or opponents that literally stripped him of the speed advantage you finally realize the limited mastery Ichigo actually had over his bankai form.
Old 2009-06-01, 09:53   Link #54
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
What I believe is that his upper hand against Byakuya was not because a complete mastery of his bankai, but because of its advantageous nature towards Byakuya. Ichigo's increase speed was the great counter to his numerous petals and the power suppression meant he could maintain it for much longer then bankai rookies like Rengi which required a greater output power. But surely, there should be more to Ichigos bankai than that right...?

Its not that Ichigo got weaker but versing neutral opponents or opponents that literally stripped him of the speed advantage you finally realize the limited mastery Ichigo actually had over his bankai form.
Nah, it's just everyone had running lessons
Old 2009-06-01, 17:05   Link #55
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Ichigo is a neat main character, I mean let's face it, there could have been horible. What I probably want to see in his fights is a fair battle, example : Fight equally without any kind of sudden power up and bring the fight to an end by proving who can last longer in an equal fight. That is the thing I want to see not the whole ''I've become stronger! I'm gonna beat you with one move now!'' kinda crap.

Also, I'm really dying to see Ukitake's Shikai ability and Bankai. =)
Old 2009-06-01, 17:20   Link #56
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Ichigo is a neat main character, I mean let's face it, there could have been horible. What I probably want to see in his fights is a fair battle, example : Fight equally without any kind of sudden power up and bring the fight to an end by proving who can last longer in an equal fight. That is the thing I want to see not the whole ''I've become stronger! I'm gonna beat you with one move now!'' kinda crap.

Also, I'm really dying to see Ukitake's Shikai ability and Bankai. =)
ty, you just made my day, he should be the next one to unveil his bankai in my opinion
Old 2009-06-01, 17:51   Link #57
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Lord View Post
ty, you just made my day, he should be the next one to unveil his bankai in my opinion
I don't really see a reason for him to do it right now
Shunsui is much more believable candidate...

P.S. Wouldn't it be better to make this thread Manga thread since a lot of bankai will appear there soon...
Old 2009-06-02, 11:29   Link #58
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Just wondering is Komamura's Bankai colour in the anime the same as it is in the manga?

In the anime its purplish-blue but I remember a coloured manga scan of the armor more a of a brownish-red colour. Dont remember if that was simply a fan coloring or an official coloured page by Kubo.
Old 2009-06-02, 11:42   Link #59
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Really? I think it leans more to red in the anime, they just chose a specific effect that rends its edges white-y...or something.... (colour-blind dude speaking)
Old 2009-06-04, 12:52   Link #60
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Just thinking Zanpaktou that center on a particular element...would that be considered as a kido-based zanpaktou?
Closed Thread