AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 259 45.52%
Haruka, and respondent is female 54 9.49%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 37.96%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.03%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-24, 12:36   Link #261
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Special cases for everyone it seems...

But I can't say selfish is a good word to use for mitsuki...seriously...
If what she did was steal taka while haruka was still fit and well then I would have bashed her like no tomorrow - but the fact that she only did what she did to save the sad bum is another matter. She cared for him like no other person would. If it wasn't for her - he would be a dead man by now (probably starvation).

She liked taka yet "gave" him to haruka...and all she wanted was something to remember him by, which resulted in the accident. It was noone's fault imo - an act of god perhaps.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 20:22   Link #262
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviathanX View Post
Even if, then not THAT selfish

and btw. I won't tell you how I grew up.. but I just say this: every selfish thought was bashed out of me by the person called mother.. and you can take this by word ...

I might envy people but I just swallow my thoughts and pass by.
human being in nature is selfish, the degree is measured differently by each person, you might not know it but it is there...being selfish is a basic instinct of survival

for one to live another must die(sounds really barbaric but there is a hidden meaning)
example1: when we eat an apple, apple must die for us to absorb its nutrient..
exmaple2: when people download scanlations and dont take the time to learn japanese appropriately so they can go purchase the original japanese manga to support the actually mangaka, they are ignoring the issue therefore making it a selfish act by freeloading (this is very prominent and accepted - therefore it is not a big issue among a lot of people but you cant ignore the fact that it is a selfish act)
dealing with selfishness in a healthy or unhealthy way is the real issue

it not always clear and exact when dealing with human beings but if u look closer......

btw the characters acted very realistically and i found what each character did what they had to do to move on with their lives in that situation....yes some decisions pissed me off.... and that is what made this such an amazing show because the writers didnt make everything extra convient

only complaint is shinji wasnt punish enough

Last edited by bbduece; 2007-12-24 at 20:55.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 14:08   Link #263
Shiori Zuhon

Send a message via Yahoo to Shiori Zuhon
I'm a female and I voted for Haruka and I wanted her to be with Takayuki so much, up till the end. But when Haruka finally braved herself to 'let go' of Takayuki, I realised that all was for the best and besides the fact that she deserves someone better, the fact is things could never be the same again between the 3 of them. Her best friend and boyfriend betrayed her - that is a fact which I don't think anyone can or should accept or forgive. A betrayal is a betrayal, no matter what the cause is or under what circumstances, Takayuki and Mitsuki is clearly the person in the wrong here. She did the right thing - to say goodbye to those that betrayed her and to go on with her own life. Therefore, I admire her courage and resolution. Truly, she was not really that weak-minded despite her outward timidity. She's the truest with her feelings, I would say.

By the way, I like the character of Ayane - she scolded Takayuki and Mitsuki well and Mitsuki so deserved the slap that Haruka gave her. In reality, I don't want Haruka to take back the man who has slept with her so-called best friend while she was in a coma. Nobody should.
Shiori Zuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 13:31   Link #264
Shiori Zuhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Male - Voted for Haruka.
I won't talk about Mitsuki here, because that would just get me angry. Instead, I'll just focus on my choice. Haruka is, in my opinion, the best thing to ever happen to fiction. She is as sweet as sugar, yet very strong emotionally (definitely the strongest character in KimiNozo). Think about what happened to her. Her life was completely destroyed. In the end, she could only correct it by starting an entirely new life. 3 years gone, her boyfriend is not the same person she knew. She even stops seeing him completely, just for Mitsuki's sake. I would have applauded her actions had I not been crushed under the weight of despair that KimiNozo's ending cast on me. In my opinion, Takayuki doesn't even deserve someone like Haruka, but that still didn't keep me from hoping all the way up to episode 14. Such a shame. Good thing for the OVA.
I agree so much with you except for the part about Haruka stops seeing Takayuki, for Mitsuki's sake. It was more because she knew "Takayuki is no longer the same boy that she chased 3 years ago." Things would never go back as if 3 years before so she needs to move on. In reality what Haruka did is correct. To sever all ties with those that betrayed you, one just can't forgive them. If she still insist to be together with Takayuki, it would only bring more hurt to herself and to the one she loves ever since childhood. In the end, she is the only one who truly understands the meaning of LOVE. Sometimes LOVE also means knowing when to let go.
Old 2008-01-02, 18:42   Link #265
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori Zuhon View Post
In reality what Haruka did is correct. To sever all ties with those that betrayed you, one just can't forgive them. If she still insist to be together with Takayuki, it would only bring more hurt to herself and to the one she loves ever since childhood. In the end, she is the only one who truly understands the meaning of LOVE. Sometimes LOVE also means knowing when to let go.
Except she didn't sever all ties, nor did she not forgive them (albeit there was nothing to forgive)...the ending clearly paints that picture. And you're right, the meaning of love is to know when to let go, but you are dismissing the whole part of Takayuki's acceptance of being separated from Haruka by her family.
Old 2008-01-04, 09:03   Link #266
Shiori Zuhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
Except she didn't sever all ties, nor did she not forgive them (albeit there was nothing to forgive)...the ending clearly paints that picture. And you're right, the meaning of love is to know when to let go, but you are dismissing the whole part of Takayuki's acceptance of being separated from Haruka by her family.
You and I clearly has very different views on KGNE. It could probably be due to the vast difference of our culture or background - you opined that there was nothing to forgive because there are no betrayal and etc etc but the fact is you can't deny that there are many others who will agree that betrayal IS an essential catalyst of KGNE - that both Mitsuki and Takayuki did betray Haruka. I will not argue with you anymore and I hope the same goes for you. If you can't even respect another person's point of view then let's just agree to disagree. You are entitled to your opinions while I am very sure of my own so both of us will not be able to affect each other's view.
Old 2008-01-04, 13:03   Link #267
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
You and I clearly has very different views on KGNE. It could probably be due to the vast difference of our culture or background - you opined that there was nothing to forgive because there are no betrayal and etc etc but the fact is you can't deny that there are many others who will agree that betrayal IS an essential catalyst of KGNE - that both Mitsuki and Takayuki did betray Haruka. I will not argue with you anymore and I hope the same goes for you. If you can't even respect another person's point of view then let's just agree to disagree. You are entitled to your opinions while I am very sure of my own so both of us will not be able to affect each other's view.
Point of view is one thing, but when things happen a certain way and you state that they didn't, that's not a point of view, that's just saying the wrong thing.
Old 2008-01-04, 15:55   Link #268
Shiori Zuhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
Point of view is one thing, but when things happen a certain way and you state that they didn't, that's not a point of view, that's just saying the wrong thing.
Gosh...you are so argumentative...even now. *sigh* Again, you are free to believe your own interpretations. And I am steadfast to what I believe because I have people who agrees with me (in another forum) and one of them is a therapist. You really have no right to say someone's wrong, you know. You may disagree but you can't say someone is wrong and insists that yours is correct because I can also say that you are not. This is just how people interprets something. I can respect that. Can you? Regardless, thanks for your feedback.

Last edited by Shiori Zuhon; 2008-01-04 at 16:38.
Old 2008-01-04, 18:27   Link #269
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Gosh...you are so argumentative...even now. *sigh* Again, you are free to believe your own interpretations. And I am steadfast to what I believe because I have people who agrees with me (in another forum) and one of them is a therapist. You really have no right to say someone's wrong, you know. You may disagree but you can't say someone is wrong and insists that yours is correct because I can also say that you are not. This is just how people interprets something. I can respect that. Can you? Regardless, thanks for your feedback.
Ok, care to explain the picture book Haruka wrote and published? How about the fact that final scene of the anime consisted of Haruka on the hill under the tree, and right as they stated that she desired for them to all be together again, that she turns around gets a surprised look on her face, smiles, and then starts to cry? Am I to assume that she turned around, saw absolutely no one because she severed all ties to them?

You can interpret any way you wish to, however, when it is a glaringly obvious assessment then there is little in the way of interpreting and more in the way of stating what took place.

It's not that I am argumentative, I am just steadfast on subjects that I have a fairly sizable amount of knowledge on...in the case of KimiNozo, I would produce that collecting it for almost ten years is a pretty sizable amount of knowledge.
Old 2008-01-07, 01:58   Link #270
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Special cases for everyone it seems...

But I can't say selfish is a good word to use for mitsuki...seriously...
If what she did was steal taka while haruka was still fit and well then I would have bashed her like no tomorrow - but the fact that she only did what she did to save the sad bum is another matter. She cared for him like no other person would. If it wasn't for her - he would be a dead man by now (probably starvation).

She liked taka yet "gave" him to haruka...and all she wanted was something to remember him by, which resulted in the accident. It was noone's fault imo - an act of god perhaps.
Totally agree with you,lol exactly my thoughts on this case she loved him that's why she did what she did,because she liked the guy (forgot his name)and still she sort of gave up on him for Haruka,and now because of this incident he was suffering,and you can't just watch someone you love suffering like that,cuz your suffering yourself then.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 10:09   Link #271
Faust87
Clannad Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
human being in nature is selfish, the degree is measured differently by each person, you might not know it but it is there...being selfish is a basic instinct of survival

for one to live another must die(sounds really barbaric but there is a hidden meaning)
example1: when we eat an apple, apple must die for us to absorb its nutrient..
exmaple2: when people download scanlations and dont take the time to learn japanese appropriately so they can go purchase the original japanese manga to support the actually mangaka, they are ignoring the issue therefore making it a selfish act by freeloading (this is very prominent and accepted - therefore it is not a big issue among a lot of people but you cant ignore the fact that it is a selfish act)
dealing with selfishness in a healthy or unhealthy way is the real issue

it not always clear and exact when dealing with human beings but if u look closer......

btw the characters acted very realistically and i found what each character did what they had to do to move on with their lives in that situation....yes some decisions pissed me off.... and that is what made this such an amazing show because the writers didnt make everything extra convient

only complaint is shinji wasnt punish enough
Agree!!!!
At the beginning Mitsuki has been selfish? maybe, but she was in love
Why all you blame her? She take care of Takayuki for 3 years, despite he never considered her a lot...
She suffered so much... but people prefer that "sleeping beauty" =_= Years are passed, she couldn't pretend to have all back...

(I'm sorry i can't explain better, I'm a little angy for what I read)
Faust87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 10:35   Link #272
Tabris

I voted Haruka, because well, I've always preferred Haruka.

I used to hate Mitsuki's character, but now when I think about it, she gave up everything to keep Takayuki going and he was only really staying by Haruka's side because he felt obliged to and felt guilty over her accident. I still think she's a bit of a skank, but I'll always think that. Though now I think I have a good understanding of it all and don't really mind as much.

Last edited by Tabris; 2008-01-13 at 17:23.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 13:18   Link #273
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ Finally, at least one haruka fan understands ;__;
All it takes is to think about her position if you were in her shoes...now lets shake hands :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 15:42   Link #274
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Mitsuki, and respondent is male

People think mitsuki is selfish but she is just a normal girl who is in love with a guy.
She gave up everything even her dreams to take care of him. Also takayuki only stayed with haruka because he felt that the accident was his fault.
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 16:04   Link #275
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

the fact that Takayuki had short romantic relationship with Haruka and the extent of how far that relationship actually develop makes the betrayal very arguable....given the situtation i dont think Mitsuki was a 'total boyfriend stealer' and without Mitsuki, poor Takayuki would have died from starvation or guilt
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 00:10   Link #276
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
Mitsuki, and respondent is male

People think mitsuki is selfish but she is just a normal girl who is in love with a guy.
She gave up everything even her dreams to take care of him. Also takayuki only stayed with haruka because he felt that the accident was his fault.
I wouldn't state that Takayuki's sticking with Haruka to be totally out of guilt, there were very deep feelings between him and Haruka...some that he couldn't even fathom understanding himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
the fact that Takayuki had short romantic relationship with Haruka and the extent of how far that relationship actually develop makes the betrayal very arguable....given the situtation i dont think Mitsuki was a 'total boyfriend stealer' and without Mitsuki, poor Takayuki would have died from starvation or guilt
I know I've said this in at least 6 other threads...the perception of time in Takayuki and Haruka's relationship in the anime was, at best, condensed and, at worst, completely inaccurate.

The anime doesn't portray the passage of time as well as the game simply because it would create a bit more empty space in the story. The game, on the other hand, allowed this to be shown at a deeper degree simply because of the nature of visual novels.

Suffice to say, while the anime made it feel like that maybe a few weeks have passed, it's closer to about a few months between the confession and the accident.
Old 2008-01-14, 04:38   Link #277
CooKie D.

*Sigh* It's been several years, but Kiminozo is STILL the series with the most divided fanbase. Amazing.

Personally, I thought both girls deserved Taka, though obviously he had to choose only one... I voted for Haruka, but I do respect his choosing Mitsuki, just don't expect me to like it too much.

I guess the series really showed how our mileages really vary in how we interpreted the events that happened... Maybe someday all of fans on both sides can come to that understanding... or maybe not
CooKie D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 11:19   Link #278
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

This was a tough one for me because both have their kindness for the person they love. I admire both of them for these reasons:

Haruka was a sweet and innocent girl who was in love AND was able to get loved back. Even after her accident and she continued to be an innocent girl to the very end despite the happiness she had with him. She was a very strong person in mind and body.

Mitsuki helped her friend get into the relationship depsite the fact she loved him, she wasn't thinking of herself. Then after the accident, she helped aid Takayuki day and night because without her would lead to his own hospitality and/or most likely death. She gave up her dreams for love. So it wasn't for revenge or anything of the sort. So I can't 100% blame her for going out with him. Takaykui also had the opportunity to stop her from doing what she did (although still was pretty wrecked) can't really blame him 100% either.

In the end everyone moved on and thats what really counts... right?

(hope he doesn't get hated by people)
Wirbelwind8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 15:59   Link #279
mochimochi

Haruka, respondent female.

Mitsuki is a great character , I have nothing against her. It's just that I don't agree with the "method" she used to snap Takayuki out of his depressed state. Honestly, if they had started the relationship in any other way and then progressed to sex, I would have accepted it.

Haruka, in my opinion, is a stronger character than Mitsuki. When Mitsuki found out that there's a possibility that Takayuki might get back together with Haruka, she went out, got drunk, and had sex with Takayuki's friend. When Haruka found out about Takayuki and Mitsuki, she cried in a room all by herself, but she wiped herself up and did her best to get better.

It's interesting how Haruka was able to let go of Takayuki when she found out about him and Mitsuki, and yet, when Mitsuki realized that Takayuki might get back with Haruka, she completely broke down. It's almost as if she's...completely dependent on him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but another thing to consider is that the producers made it seem as if Mitsuki had no one there for her, no friends or anything, they were just "conveniently" left out, and the only one there for her took advantage of her drunken state and had sex with her. I guess this could be one of those things that tend to sway the audience subconsciously.

Please don't say that Mitsuki really did have no friends as a counterargument, that's just...sad.
mochimochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 16:28   Link #280
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimochi View Post
Haruka, respondent female.

Mitsuki is a great character , I have nothing against her. It's just that I don't agree with the "method" she used to snap Takayuki out of his depressed state. Honestly, if they had started the relationship in any other way and then progressed to sex, I would have accepted it.
It's been stated, the sex was used as a direct shock to Takayuki and a display of how far Mitsuki really went for him. It's not a carnal instinctual thing that she did, it was more of a sublime and very strong sentiment.

Quote:
Haruka, in my opinion, is a stronger character than Mitsuki. When Mitsuki found out that there's a possibility that Takayuki might get back together with Haruka, she went out, got drunk, and had sex with Takayuki's friend. When Haruka found out about Takayuki and Mitsuki, she cried in a room all by herself, but she wiped herself up and did her best to get better.
The thing about the hook-up she got with Shinji wasn't because Mitsuki thought Takayuki might get back with Haruka, it was meant to discover if she could move on from him and accept another person. Of course, a good portion of the blame could be thrusted onto Shinji's shoulders simply because he took advantage of the moment knowing full well Mitsuki's situation. Matter of fact, the whole prior knowledge of her situation should've raised many red flags in his head.

Quote:
It's interesting how Haruka was able to let go of Takayuki when she found out about him and Mitsuki, and yet, when Mitsuki realized that Takayuki might get back with Haruka, she completely broke down. It's almost as if she's...completely dependent on him.
That's the difference between the two. You have one who is perpetually 3 years younger than her circle of friends. She understands that after 3 years a lot of things can, and will, happen to everyone she knows and she has had the unfortunate experience to not keep up with them. She also knows that 3 years is a long time to ask for someone to wait for them no matter how strong her feelings still are for that person.

The other side of the coin is Mitsuki, the constant companion and lover for 3 years. Day in and day out she took care of Takayuki, spending almost every waking, and many non-waking, moments with him over the course. Pushed him to better himself and live his life for the now and not the past.

One of the things about the story is the subtle changes between Haruka and Mitsuki. From the beginning Haruka was taken as a docile and quiet person, afraid of much of the surrounding world. Mitsuki was the brash and sometimes overaggressive person, easily challenging all in her path. By the time the story completed you saw an almost complete 180 on each of the characters...Haruka learned to live for herself and take a stand in her life, while Mitsuki learned to step back and let someone else take the lead for a change. These are some strong character changes made and are often overlooked in the whole process of the anime simply because most don't take the sociological and psychological impressions to mind and simply go with their gut feelings.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but another thing to consider is that the producers made it seem as if Mitsuki had no one there for her, no friends or anything, they were just "conveniently" left out, and the only one there for her took advantage of her drunken state and had sex with her. I guess this could be one of those things that tend to sway the audience subconsciously.
Matter of fact, she had no friends outside of Takayuki, Shinji, and Haruka after high school. From the moment of the accident she focused all aspects of her attention on supporting and helping Takayuki, which limited her social time. She had a co-worker whom she associated with quite often and she'd occasionally bump into Ayu and Mayu while waiting for Takayuki, but beyond that, she didn't use any of her free time to socialize, she used it to rehabilitate Takayuki.

Quote:
Please don't say that Mitsuki really did have no friends as a counterargument, that's just...sad.
Sad or not, still the truth.