AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-08-28, 17:41   Link #361
FireChick

I FINALLY watched the whole movie! I loved it!!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:50   Link #362
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
However, the movie wasn't that bad. It was as good as can be expected from an impossible project, distilling Clannad to 90 minutes. But don't see it unless you've already read the entire visual novel, lest you spoil yourself.
I agree. I didn't dislike the movie or anything, but having already seen the TV-series, I can easily say that the movie is inferior in every possible way. It DID, however, increase my anticipation for After Story, as I did find the last 30 minutes of the movie pretty touching, and I can only assume that the TV-series will do an even better job with it.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:25   Link #363
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
I just seen the movie well it could have been done better but this is alright enough for me since it gives some insights that the anime doesn't have.

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 12:27   Link #364
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Just wait for the AS and you will see the real mindblowing story.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 16:58   Link #365
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Just wait for the AS and you will see the real mindblowing story.
I seen it before in the game.

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 10:57   Link #366
Eddward

Send a message via MSN to Eddward
I saw the movie yesterday, Prolly what I shouldn't have done. I feel like I've been totaly f*cked of spoiling.

Spoiler for Don't wanna say to much in general!:

Spoiler for WARNING UBER SPOILER:

Spoiler for Don't wanna say to much in general!:
Eddward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 17:00   Link #367
Beo
where's the snow?

Think of the movie as sort of a preview. A lot of it came from pieces from the series but there were certain alteration to the story line to make the movie fit together.

Spoiler for About the other world:

But now you will have to figure out what pieces were used from the series and which are the unique ones for the movie only. Surprises are still to be had.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 07:19   Link #368
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So in the end of the movie Nagisa die ? and do she give birth a baby ? what Tomoya do ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 11:04   Link #369
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If you are watching he episodic Clannad After Story...The movie ends about at the same place as AS episode 18. It is in no way the same...but the resolution aspect of the story from the film ends at that point.

It isn't a bad movie. The elder Ibuki is rather bad ass in the movie.
It just isn't as good as the full length version currently on the air...because it is rather hard to condense a 90 hour VN into 90 minutes. KyoAni has managed so far to do a fair job with the 18 hours or so they have to present all of Clannad.
Old 2009-03-07, 20:54   Link #370
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

Is it better to watch the end of Clannad After Story first? Episode 21 was another heart breaker.
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 22:20   Link #371
Jimmy C

If you've waited this long, you can wait another 7 days
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 00:22   Link #372
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As noted slightly earlier, the movies ending ends earlier in the story than the current After Story. If you have seen up to After Story episode 21 you have seen more story than what is in the Movie.
Old 2009-03-08, 16:03   Link #373
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

Thanks, I'll go ahead and finish the movie. I watched up to where Nagisa first brings Tomoya to her home, to discuss the drama club. The art and animation are excellent, but I prefer the seiyu they had for Tomoya in Clannad and After Story. It's funny how they had all of the other voices, except for his.
Old 2009-03-08, 19:11   Link #374
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

I just watched the movie. Very nice, but I still don't like the seiyu they used for Tomoya in the movie.
Old 2009-04-05, 03:36   Link #375
therationalpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
Thanks, I'll go ahead and finish the movie. I watched up to where Nagisa first brings Tomoya to her home, to discuss the drama club. The art and animation are excellent, but I prefer the seiyu they had for Tomoya in Clannad and After Story. It's funny how they had all of the other voices, except for his.
The Visual Novel had a voiced version with all of the characters except for the male lead (Who you play as) speaking their parts. This is a fairly common convention. The movie and the television series were both adapted from the VN by separate studios, starting at around the same time. Naturally, they had different views on the character and who should be voicing him.

I, too, prefer the Okazaki Tomoya from Clannad TV.
Old 2009-04-05, 22:10   Link #376
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Yuuichi Nakamura is amazing and his voice acting was superb in my opinion. The VA from the movie felt too bland. To be honest, I didn't really like the movie especially because of how different Youhei (Sunohara) is. The movie itself felt too dark and the art work wasn't all that great, the VA's for Nagisa and all the side characters have improved substantially compared to their voice acting in the movie. The TV series really did an amazing job with the plot and I can proudly say that this is one of my favorite anime I've seen thus far. The movie was mediocre at best, but that's from my perspective

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 22:23   Link #377
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Yuuichi Nakamura is amazing and his voice acting was superb in my opinion. The VA from the movie felt too bland.
Interestingly enough, most of the VAs for the movie returned to VA for the TV series.

Nakamura was one of the biggest change, though, and I felt it was a good choice. Although we cannot discredit his predecessor, for he not only VAed the movie, but also the drama CDs, which are very good.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-05 at 22:36.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 22:31   Link #378
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... well, in fact the cast, sans Tomoya was the one they had already selected for the voice game version, and considering what Toei/KyoAni has done with their previous parallel adaptations, I guess it was to be expected....
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 22:38   Link #379
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Hmm... well, in fact the cast, sans Tomoya was the one they had already selected for the voice game version, and considering what Toei/KyoAni has done with their previous parallel adaptations, I guess it was to be expected....
One of the biggest surprise to me from the VAs was actually Mai Nakahara. Thing is, she was Mai Hime, and Nagisa is just a totally opposite character, totally timid.

- Tak (Then again, my favorite VA, Naomi Shindou, can also do wonders with her voice, but we will leave that for another time)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 22:54   Link #380
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
One of the biggest surprise to me from the VAs was actually Mai Nakahara. Thing is, she was Mai Hime, and Nagisa is just a totally opposite character, totally timid.

- Tak (Then again, my favorite VA, Naomi Shindou, can also do wonders with her voice, but we will leave that for another time)
Oh I know you had a sudden urge to go into one of those praising rants XD It happens when one mentions their favorite anything Nagisa's VA did a good job though, she expressed Nagisa's character very well. I was actually surprised how much she had improved since the movie but then again, I shouldn't be right? Considering it's been what? 2 or 3 years since the movie?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-04-07 at 01:41.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, movie, romance, school life, seinen, toei