AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-08, 23:52   Link #541
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

dude... suginami is the epitome of mankind.

every word he speaks is listened too...(too bad he doesn't say a lot)

he deserves a girl...maybe mako!
Old 2004-05-09, 03:59   Link #542
Marine-RX179

Just out of curiousity.....but do people usually tend to confuse the term of Robot with Android?
Because to my understand Robots just doing various things accordingly to their programming, but as for Android, they are capable of thinking and make decissions themselves........

Anyone mind to putting in some comments as well.....?

Last edited by Marine-RX179; 2004-05-09 at 11:57.
Old 2004-05-09, 20:02   Link #543
Itlandm
Porcupine

I remember the time when "android" was a commonly used word in science fiction. I think people have mostly given up now, and call all robots robots. Blame Asimov and his "I, robot".

Back on the topic of Da Capo, I like Mako and think she would have been a great match for our hero if he had just taken a second look. Oh well. She's the kind of girl which remains just friends in real life too.
Old 2004-06-10, 12:55   Link #544
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Anyone found the end of ep 14 kinda... weird... (well, isn't the whole series that way, you might say?) Moe tries to touch this (unknowingly) poisonous octopus on the beach when a fisherman kills it. Then she gets out an inflatable boat and aimlessly heads out into the ocean, looking depressed. I thought this was the beginning of a subplot of Moe being lost out in the ocean or something but next episode, Moe's all fine and back.

Plus, the eerie trumpet music they played in this scene was awesome... is it on any of the soundtracks?
Old 2004-06-10, 16:20   Link #545
Fronzel
Schmuck

Well, of course it was odd, it was a side story. Haven't you noticed the others?
Old 2004-06-12, 05:43   Link #546
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

I know I'm really really REALLY late but i've just finished da capo and man i MUST say something about it!!!

it was really really really good, especially when it got all serious and finally had a plot to it (although i liked the lighthearted eps very much too ) it was such an interesting anime!!!

My favourite was definitely Nemu, because I could connect with her character quite immediately and she wasn't just the Oh look i'm so nice and perfect main character, she was responsive and honest i thought. But I also liked Kotori a lot, I don't know, she was just really really adorable and I loved her song

the only thing that kinda disappointed me was the ending, coz there wasn't enough of Nemu-chan and left the ending wide open

i guess i need someone's comfort thoughts on this issue

Spoiler:

comfort thoughts plzzzzzz!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-06-12, 12:41   Link #547
hacks21

too bad sakura didn't grow up or else she'll be too hot for him to reject:P
Old 2004-06-12, 12:41   Link #548
Arwyn

Yes Da Capo is an excellent show. And yes, the ending does leave something to be desired, but I think they deliberately left the ending open like that.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-12, 13:35   Link #549
hacks21

is there a second season for da capo i really hope so cause the ending isn't really clear......what happen to nemu ??? did she get back her memory??? did she has forgotten everything??
Old 2004-06-13, 05:26   Link #550
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

thank you arwyn that reallyl was a comfort thought
Old 2004-06-13, 05:40   Link #551
bluemist
i am the mist

There are other newer Da Capo games around (like D.C. White Season, D.C.P.S. and D.C.P.C.), where they introduce more bishoujo characters not featured in the anime...

Don't you think it's a nice idea to have another season?
Old 2004-06-13, 05:55   Link #552
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

YES!!! a very nice idea!!!!! coz the open ending is satisfying yet buggin me quite a bit too.... i wanna know if sakura will move askura's heart when she comes back all grown up...hope not :P NEMU-CHAN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

btw...does anyone know the stories to the game?
Old 2004-06-13, 11:01   Link #553
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Well, of course it was odd, it was a side story. Haven't you noticed the others?
It's called overanalysis and looking too much into the subplots
Old 2004-06-26, 23:56   Link #554
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-10A
but worst of all i feel sorry for the pink hair girl that sings songs...... she is so kawaii..... i can't believe that guy choose nemu over her...... :O

OMG USE SPOILER TAGS!! YOU NEED TO BE BANNED
Old 2004-06-27, 14:30   Link #555
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacks21
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
Spoiler:
Since this thread was already bumped, I thought I might as well mention why I didn't think the ending was quite as open-ended as some people say...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-27, 18:09   Link #556
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Since this thread was already bumped, I thought I might as well mention why I didn't think the ending was quite as open-ended as some people say...
Spoiler:
Good observation, I never noticed... I just assumed that she remembered. I just liked the ending. But then again, I always root for the underdog
Old 2004-06-28, 05:22   Link #557
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

lol omg that was such a good observation!!! you've just calmed my deepest fears by like sooo much already!!!!
Old 2004-07-24, 10:17   Link #558
Itlandm
Porcupine

A season has passed, and a thousand things have traveled the paths of my mind. Then on a sunny afternoon, I heard the memory of a soft voice singing. I could not recall the song, and I could not hear the words, although theywere just out of reach, as if lost in the distance or carried off by the wind. But it was so beautiful. I strained to listen, afraid that the beauty of the song might be lost to me forever. I dropped everything to go after it, but it refused to come to me until I tried to sing along with it. And then I remember. How could I already have forgotten?

I'm probably not going to buy this anime. But I'd really like to buy the song that Kotori (Horie Yui) sings about the wind. Because if I live to grow old, I wish to be able to listen to that song as the sounds and the light fade toward evening.
Old 2004-07-24, 23:42   Link #559
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
A season has passed, and a thousand things have traveled the paths of my mind. Then on a sunny afternoon, I heard the memory of a soft voice singing. I could not recall the song, and I could not hear the words, although theywere just out of reach, as if lost in the distance or carried off by the wind. But it was so beautiful. I strained to listen, afraid that the beauty of the song might be lost to me forever. I dropped everything to go after it, but it refused to come to me until I tried to sing along with it. And then I remember. How could I already have forgotten?

I'm probably not going to buy this anime. But I'd really like to buy the song that Kotori (Horie Yui) sings about the wind. Because if I live to grow old, I wish to be able to listen to that song as the sounds and the light fade toward evening.
Wow... that was... very poetic....

It really is a great song, and if you're willing to import CDs from Japan, you can buy it on the Da Capo Plus Situation (D.C.P.S.) Character Image Song Vol. 1 CD. As far as the anime goes, I would definitely buy it if it gets licensed! Of course, I'd also love for someone to license the D.C.P.S. game... but one thing at a time!
Old 2004-08-04, 08:55   Link #560
st202

just finished this anime series and thought it was brilliant,,, miharu sooooooo kawaii deffo the best character in the series
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs