AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-02, 16:30   Link #1
killer3000ad

Shogun II: Total War

Announcement trailer

IGN Article

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

No actual game footage yet though..... but still, WAR SHOGUN!

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2010-06-02 at 16:40.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 18:15   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Shogun: Total War was a game that started it all. And from the IGN article it seems CA also knows what the fans want from the title -- not Empire, but something far more restricted, far more balanced, far more sublime. I disliked the path the series had been taking since Rome, but I think it's time to return to the fold.

*Hops over to his old account at the Org to celebrate*
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 08:26   Link #3
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Is there a mod to replace all the old man with anime girls? Just asking... no dont look at me that w.. hey stop throwing bricks... /runs
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 15:43   Link #4
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Is there a mod to replace all the old man with anime girls? Just asking... no dont look at me that w.. hey stop throwing bricks... /runs
Actually if Creative Assembly continues it's legacy of supporting mods as in previous Total War titles, I don't see any problem. Only things is most modders of TW games IMO tend to be the serious types, often making realism mods and new unit mods. There are some LOTR and Warhammer Fantasy mods been made in the past.

It'd be funny and cool if someone actually made that sort of mod with anime chicks in bare bones samurai armor slaughtering each other.
Old 2010-06-04, 05:56   Link #5
Ottocycle

Quote:
Better yet... A mod with Sengoku Basara character models!
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 14:23   Link #6
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Better yet... A mod with Sengoku Basara character models!
My god that would be awesome!

man I recall getting this when it first came, was the person outta all my friends that had it, everyone used to come round to play it all the time back then, ahh such fond memories

It was an amazing gaming experience playing it for the first time, something quite different.
The little in game movies of ninja trying to assassinate and so forth.
Along with Total Annihilation and Championship Manager I spent way too much time playing these games.

havne't bought a Toatl War since Rome but I think I'll need to try this out.
Old 2010-06-04, 22:30   Link #7
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Shogun: Total War was a game that started it all. And from the IGN article it seems CA also knows what the fans want from the title -- not Empire, but something far more restricted, far more balanced, far more sublime. I disliked the path the series had been taking since Rome, but I think it's time to return to the fold.

*Hops over to his old account at the Org to celebrate*
On that note, I would rather they sort out the issues with the older Total War titles than to start a new project. If they want to make it complex, they better make sure it works.
Old 2010-06-07, 13:25   Link #8
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Is it me, or is nostalgia beginning to factor more heavily in the business decisions of game developers? If that's the case, I might as well declare my loyalty to the only clan that I've passionately supported since Koei's original Nobunaga's Ambition, partly inspired by this awesome 1988 Japanese drama series:

TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 00:24   Link #9
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
The little in game movies of ninja trying to assassinate and so forth.
And the suspense of wondering if your ninja succeeded or not, since the movies for the failures and the successes start out similar! Those were way more interesting than drag, confirm, end turn, report in the other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
On that note, I would rather they sort out the issues with the older Total War titles than to start a new project. If they want to make it complex, they better make sure it works.
Sadly Creative Assembly doesn't have the same post-release support as Blizzard, Paradox, or Firaxis.

So I'll take the second best, a faithful sequel to a classic. Moreover, the scope is small enough that I hopefully wouldn't have such cognitive dissonances I suffered in other TW games. I'm still smarting from the Pyramid-huggers in RTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf
Is it me, or is nostalgia beginning to factor more heavily in the business decisions of game developers?
If it means I'll eventually get my Alpha Centauri II, or a proper spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment...

I know, I know, that'll never happen.

More seriously though, I'd assume it's the same situation as Hollywood's recent sequel/remake spurt: in bad times, the big entertainment businesses take the safer paths rather than risk it with new ideas.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 11:06   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
And the suspense of wondering if your ninja succeeded or not, since the movies for the failures and the successes start out similar! Those were way more interesting than drag, confirm, end turn, report in the other games.
Yea the suspense was killer at times especially if you had a really good Ninja but it's chances of success were not great but you felt compelled to take the risk anyway.
I did that alot, must have gone through huge number of agents of all kinds.

for some reason I'm kinda hoping we get something like this for ingame movies

Old 2010-08-18, 17:21   Link #11
Nerroth
NePoi!

Some gameplay footage:

And a glimpse into the art of calligraphy!

Shame I don't have a machine that can run it...

One thing I'd be interested in is seeing how well-received the game might be in Japan, in terms of how it portrays the sengoku jidai era. Would there be a lot of interest among Japanese PC gamers for this title?
Old 2010-08-18, 17:30   Link #12
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Holy Shit! I might return to become a war strategy addict again D:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 17:32   Link #13
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
It'd be funny and cool if someone actually made that sort of mod with anime chicks in bare bones samurai armor slaughtering each other.
Quote:
Well I am late, but it seems that these two perverts are thinking about somewhere along the lines of Shin Koihime Musou or Ikkitousen.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 08:41   Link #14
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Minimum Specs (Required for playing Total War: Shogun 2):

- 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor, or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)
- 1GB RAM (XP), 2GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
- 256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (shader model 3)
- 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
- 20GB free hard disk space

Recommended Specs (Recommended for optimum game play of Total War: Shogun 2):

- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™i5 processor (or greater), or AMD equivalent
- 2GB RAM (XP), 4GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics cards or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
- 1280x1024 minimum screen resolution
- 20GB free hard disk space
http://kotaku.com/5727750/your-compu...un-total-war-2

2nd Generations Cores ? I don't think those are even out yet.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 15:38   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Next they might make a new revamped version of Rome Total War 2 that will be like this but I'm not sure if my computer can work this... Might have to pray for luck on that.
Old 2011-01-10, 16:38   Link #16
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
http://kotaku.com/5727750/your-compu...un-total-war-2

2nd Generations Cores ? I don't think those are even out yet.
Since 2009 actually.

These are quad cores and I have the AMD equivalent to them. Very efficient and powerful.

The main feature though is the addition of the DX 11 which will make this even better.

Quote:
Next they might make a new revamped version of Rome Total War 2 that will be like this but I'm not sure if my computer can work this... Might have to pray for luck on that.
This is why I build my own computers, you save tons of money that way.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 17:46   Link #17
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Since 2009 actually.

These are quad cores and I have the AMD equivalent to them. Very efficient and powerful.
I'm not familiar with the AMD brand. Mind recommending some lineups in case I find my current i5-750 lacking ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 19:05   Link #18
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
This is why I build my own computers, you save tons of money that way.
Dont the parts you have to buy in order to build your own computer cost as much as a computer when you add them all together? Silly question but I'll eventually learn on how to build computers.. Just need to know more about them first.

Never really did play the first Shogun Total War, so this will be a completely different experience for me to have to try it out
Old 2011-01-10, 20:15   Link #19
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Dont the parts you have to buy in order to build your own computer cost as much as a computer when you add them all together? Silly question but I'll eventually learn on how to build computers.. Just need to know more about them first.
Not really. The key is to be flexible and shop online. There are some computer components you can reuse from older models like DVD drivers and you can narrow your rig down to what you actually need. Do you need a HD sound? No. I usually aim for building an entire rig (Including speakers, mouse, monitor) under $1200 canadian and will wait for good deals to come up.

Plus, I hate the crap that comes with computers brought from Bestbuy or Dell.

Some places like NCIX in BC will allow you to price match items so you can buy them 30% cheaper than if you brought it in your hometown.

That and I do go to Hong Kong and China on a now and then basis and stuff there relatively speaking is cheaper

Quote:
I'm not familiar with the AMD brand. Mind recommending some lineups in case I find my current i5-750 lacking ?
It's really just personal preference, my first computer I built was through AMD and Radeon and that just stuck. If your comfortable with Intel then stick with them.

The computer I am using is has a AMD II X4 940(quad core) 3.00 GHZ with 4.00 GB and the Radeon 5700 series. This rig is at least 3-4 years old and can run anything thrown at it at max. I'm not that picky at getting super graphics so long as I can run the game properly and decently.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 02:14   Link #20
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Napkin math:
Home-brew using i7-950/gtx570/6gb-ddr3 - around €1500
similar build from Alienware (actually less powerful) - around €4000

Granted Alienware really are rip-offs, but you get the point.

The good thing about home-brew: you get to decide everything.
The bad thing about home-brew: you get to decide everything.

You need to make sure it all fits together but you can get good deals and pick up nearly top of the line components (top of the line usually is prohibitively expensive, like a processor or GPU costing €800 when the next best one is €250). Your home-brew PC also is generally more upgradeable, and if you are really low on cash you can slaughter your old PC for parts.

Quote:
Never really did play the first Shogun Total War, so this will be a completely different experience for me to have to try it out
I've been waiting for Shogun 2 ever since Rome first came out, and I'm getting a new PC just to play this game. Today, you probably wouldn't enjoy the original Shogun as much, but back in the day it was great fun.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creative assembly, rtt, tbs, windows