AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 13 18.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 22.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-26, 05:40   Link #81
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Then she trolls Sena with the shark at the pool in the game. Sena is distracted, presses the wrong option, and the shark bad end actually comes true... totally unexpected.
Rika explained clearly that when the protagonist messes up the flags, the game will end in a bad end. It had nothing to do with this...distraction you're trying to pin on Yozora, who had no idea what the game was about to begin with (actually no one did, expect Rika who had heard about the game). How is that trolling?

Quote:
I don't buy it coming from Yozora though, as she is among people regularly during classes and such. Also, she didn't want to go to the pool first, but then reconsidered when she thought up a plan to thoroughly ruin Sena's fun. Seeing how much Sena wanted to go, she decided to first come along, just to leave again shortly after arriving under some pretense, for the sole reason of ruining Sena's fun of being at the pool.
...*facepalm*

Biased much? Because this, with all due respect, is utterly ridiculous and shows nothing more but blind hatred for Yozora. Please be reasonable.
Old 2011-11-26, 05:43   Link #82
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I certainly didn't like Yozora constantly hitting Senna with the fly swatter but I wonder what made her and Rika leave. I thought with Yozora it might have something to do with Kodaka but it looks like it's her own more personal problem around other people. Glad to see they're willing to take that seriously rather than just play it for laughs.

Kobato was pretty damn hilarious what with the transformation scene.
Old 2011-11-26, 05:47   Link #83
EroKing

Yozora is my favorite character from the manga and from the anime thus far. I have been there both the situations she was in.
Crowded buses can really take a toll on your body. It's also not fun being in a pool when there's too many people. You can't swim much and the water becomes quite warm due to everyone's body heat thus unable to enjoy a nice cool experience.
Old 2011-11-26, 06:00   Link #84
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVolf View Post
...*facepalm*

Biased much? Because this, with all due respect, is utterly ridiculous and shows nothing more but blind hatred for Yozora. Please be reasonable.
Well, rather than accusing people of being biased, I think it would be more productive to provide an alternate (or more "neutral" if you wish) interpretation of what went on. I mean, it's clear some people will be biased, but it's not like it's some sort of deliberate effort to troll you. If people post an incomplete interpretation, then you just have to post a more plausible/defensible one, and everyone else can decide what's more reasonable to them.

As much as bias is annoying (though everyone's biased to some degree), people serving as "character defense squads" (who have to defend their favourite character's honour every time they're spoken ill of no matter what) are even more annoying to me. That goes for both "sides" of this, of course. At least let's try to keep it on-topic by addressing the actual arguments made.
Old 2011-11-26, 06:23   Link #85
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

From my point of view it's not because Yozora wanted to ruin Sena's fun time she decided to come. In fact Yozora already noticed the pool will be filled by riajuu she hates during summer. The reason is because what Yozora and Kodaka said at the club room: they go as an exercise/simulation if in the future they get 'real' friends and those friend ask them to go to pool together.

It's already clear Yozora hates riajuu, and she even told Kodaka she couldn't really interact with normal people but she's fine interacting with others who socially-inept or have few friend. That by itself should be understandable if she couldn't stand on the place with too many people, but she still can endure public place like book store, public transportation, etc anyway. What Yozora and Rika couldn't take was the over-crowd on the bus and the pool, that's too much for them.

No one know (or even see it coming) that the pool gave whopping 50% off during summer, just the time when the pool is on its highest demand (some company would charge more if they were on that kind of condition XD). If the pool weren't that full but Yozora and Rika still decide to leave, I think Kodaka co won't leave immediately since they're already there and Kobato was looking forward to swim, so they could still have little bit fun.

Spoiler for What happen on LN after Yozora & Rika left:

And FYI, I like Sena more than Yozora
Old 2011-11-26, 07:40   Link #86
Sixth
Hu Tao

How can Kodoka and others can't see that they are already a friend? They already have friends. The Neighbor Club is a success. Why Kodaka wants more friends?

So, is it safe to say that Rika and Yozora are social anxiety sufferers? Both of their reactions really made me chuckled.

It is a cute scene when Sena trying to befriend Kobata. I guess both of them really look similar, as if they are sisters.

The best part of this episode is the shark scene. Really got me. No, it got everyone else, as well. Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2011-11-26, 08:17   Link #87
ookamigirl

Well, the first part was pretty standard with the usual club things.
The second part was way better ^^
Going to the pool was totally fun!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-11-26, 08:21   Link #88
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That made up for the lack of Kobato screentime those past two episodes. I'm loving Sena's infatuation with Kobato, those two are my favorite characters in the show so seeing them so close (especially in crowded buses) pleases me very much. A shame Sena's feelings aren't reciprocal

It makes for good comedy though. They have a nice dyKobato keeps trying to reject her and it produces the opposite effect. Sena likes it when they fight back... I think she's played too many eroge

The ending of the episode was surprisingly serious. I didn't see that coming. I hope they're going to address Yozora and Rika's issues in upcoming episodes. In the meantime, I shall enjoy Kodaka and Papa Sena's meeting.

It just goes to show he thinks of Kobato as nothing more than a sister. It's actually refreshing that those two have a normal (if you exclude Kobato's vampire act) sibling relationship with any hint of incest whatsoever. Nevertheless, Kobato should be more self-conscious. The other reason Kodaka didn't react is that he isn't interested in lolis. If she does grow up... those strip shows transformation sequences might become a problem for him.
Naked for the second time in eight episodes is already a given but for the fact she wanted to show her brother the transformation sequence a.k.a henshin which is very nostalgic that some cousin of mine wants to portray Sailor Moon's henshin IRL sixteen years ago.
Actually he noticed that Kobato wearing the same summer clothes she wear several months ago and tells her she didn't grow physically but he prevented from telling anything unnecessary further. Kobato retaliated against Maria for being too clingy with her brother, I suspect she would do the same thing the moment she feels threatened that any other girls would attempt to steal her onii-chan. This episode reminds me of something called Memories of the Past. I felt uneasy to use Kobato's gif this episode.

Although it's not a good idea to tackle the problem Rika and Yozora facing about being social phobic which I can related too gives me this episode a 10 rating despite the animation drop which not really that matters, I'm also social phobic until the emergence of cell phones and internet which back then just go nuts with telephone usage as a way to remove stress, anxiety, and being deprive of having nobody to talk with due to some circumstance glad that technology really help out. I finally manage to get some true and not quasi friends during high school but still scared that I get some sweat and always went to a crowd less area to relieve me from having a hard time. Being social phobic is hard to cure as people nowadays is not easy to trust and just believe cause we don't know what may happen in the later future so having true friends even just one which this series is all about.

Next week, I wonder what Sena's father and Kodaka would talk about I hope it's not what I'm afraid of. Kobato should remain Kobato.
Old 2011-11-26, 08:35   Link #89
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Goddamn, things were all funny and cute until the end.

Poor Yozora and Rika. ;_;
Old 2011-11-26, 08:43   Link #90
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
How can Kodoka and others can't see that they are already a friend? They already have friends. The Neighbor Club is a success. Why Kodaka wants more friends?

You're talking about the same guy that only until recently just figured out the truth power of a handphone.

And yes, none of them realized that they're already friends- Their thinking is that they want to make friends outside of this club... Which would be more convincing had they show us that they have been trying -_-
Old 2011-11-26, 10:08   Link #91
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Yeah, I think because the goal they're trying to reach is to befriend the riajuus, that's why they're doing (or as they say, exercising/experimenting) things what they think riajuus usually do ^^

If not doing any special activities, they're basically just be there on the club room, doing their own thing on their own world. Yozora's reading a book, Sena's playing galge, Rika's doing whatever she does with her laptop, Yukimura's just standing if he's not serving tea, etc. So it's pretty understandable they hard to see each other as a friend. Perhaps they see each other as "fellow people who suffered the same 'sickness', one way or another"
Old 2011-11-26, 10:46   Link #92
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
First off, they have an inability to see themselves as friends. Second, I actually think this is a very good premise for any show, let alone something as strangely funny as this one. It's definitely a better one than "who will male lead end up with?", especially since only two of the girls are real candidates.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-11-26, 13:26   Link #93
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
They all see the Neighbor's Club as practice for making friends. The whole point is that they can't see that they already have each other. Part of what is keeping them from seeing it is that they view the club as "training" for friendship, and not as a social club, which is what it really is. Also, it's partly because they're such a diverse group of social misfits, and cast-offs, that they assume they aren't compatible as friends. I guess no one ever told them that friends don't have to agree on everything.

The whole being blind to what's right in front of them thing isn't even an unusual trope. How many anime (or even western romantic comedies) have we seen where two romantically unlucky and obviously compatible people go on a "practice" date because they feel comfortable with each other, but remain completely oblivious to the implications of how easily it comes to them?
Old 2011-11-26, 13:52   Link #94
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah I think that's meant to be the joke: That they can't realise that they're already friends with each other.

But even so you could easily explain it by them thinking in the long term. I mean it's more than likely that as they grow older they won't be able to keep in touch, and they can't form a club at every turn in their lives so it's better to learn now.
Old 2011-11-26, 14:36   Link #95
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
He wants a (cool) male best friend that he can rely on, like the one he lost in his childhood. Thinking about it, it feels like a "shounen stereotype" kind of frienship.

In Sena's case, she wants a female best friend who she can do everything with, kinda like what Tomo-chan is supposed to be; but none of the club members seem to really fit this troupe for her (she would obviously like it if Kobato were to take such place, though).

Yozora's case hasn't been detailed that much, but with the characteristics of Tomo-chan we can safely say she is looking for someone very precious to her
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-26, 20:28   Link #96
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
I'd say the club is a success for anyone *except* Yozora, who apparently *doesn't want* to have any friends (except imagined ones), otherwise she wouldn't be a pest most of the time and treat others better.
While we can see the others improve gradually, Yozora not only doesn't show any improvement, but rather gets worse. First it was "only" excessive bitching and cussing, now it's already hitting people with fly swatters. Her treatment of others will probably get even more violent. That girl really has serious issues and needs professional help.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-11-26 at 20:44. Reason: Kaboto discussion removed.
Old 2011-11-26, 20:45   Link #97
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I've moved the recent Kaboto-centric discussion to her thread. Please continue it there.
Old 2011-11-26, 20:53   Link #98
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Seems my post regarding Yozora was also moved to Kobato thread since I quoted Shimapan XD

Quote:
I'd say the club is a success for anyone *except* Yozora, who apparently *doesn't want* to have any friends (except imagined ones), otherwise she wouldn't be a pest most of the time and treat others better.
While we can see the others improve gradually, Yozora not only doesn't show any improvement, but rather gets worse. First it was "only" excessive bitching and cussing, now it's already hitting people with fly swatters. Her treatment of others will probably get even more violent. That girl really has serious issues and needs professional help.
From my point of view, Yozora does want a friend. But her reason is not like Kodaka and Sena whom want a friend so they could do normal activities together. Yozora said to Kodaka that she wants a friend so other won't look down on her as an anti-social who always alone and don't have friend.

And just like Okashira said on the spoiler tag,
Spoiler for Yozora:

It probably just me because the object she used, but I saw the fly swatter violent as a comical joke and it actually made me chuckle. Her bullying that get on my nerve is the kind like when she was throwing Sena's PSP or she tricked Maria to run outside naked
Old 2011-11-26, 21:31   Link #99
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Yozora did look pretty disappointed when leaving.

When Kodaka said "She still hasn't changed" I automatically assumed he meant that Yozora still wasn't willing to make friends with them, but i'm still weary at my own answer since at the same time she was the one who created the club in the first place. She seems to be doing well with Rika and Kodaka.
Old 2011-11-26, 21:43   Link #100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It certainly doesn't seem to be to Kodaka and Sena. The main reason everybody is focusing on Yozora is that this is what they did in the show too. It's actually kinda sad that nobody gives a crap about Rika. I feel it wouldn't have mattered much to them if she had been the only one leaving.
Rika is only there for kicks and giggles. And this is really about the original trio, everyone else are just extras too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah I think that's meant to be the joke: That they can't realise that they're already friends with each other.

But even so you could easily explain it by them thinking in the long term. I mean it's more than likely that as they grow older they won't be able to keep in touch, and they can't form a club at every turn in their lives so it's better to learn now.
Yes, the irony is that they are friends. It's also ironic that since they are all so weird, none of them will get any experience with normal people, which is one objective of the club.