AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-01, 23:24   Link #201
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
But you just stated an opinion based on tastes as fact... oh, never mind. I'll let this one slide since I think it was as harmlessly unintended to come off that way.
Apparently "I prefer" was not enough of a hint that what followed was an opinion.
Old 2011-12-01, 23:25   Link #202
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I referred to this flying as "jumping" in my previous post. For now we do not know whether she can fly, in the pictures 3 other Claymores are in the air too.
Spoiler for So your saying...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Apparently "I prefer" was not enough of a hint that what followed was an opinion.
SSUUURREEE........

You missed my point I suppose but whatever. No point in hammering in again why I felt your stated opinion was so odd I just couldn't believe it. Trying to avoid needless arguing atm... lets all just laugh at Hysteria's form instead.
Old 2011-12-01, 23:37   Link #203
Gooral
Banned

@Ryus
For now she didn't change direction in the air and she wasn't even at the height that was impossible for other Claymores (not only Miria but also two other Claymores could reach that height with ease). In chapter 106 (one page before last) we have another example of AB "flying" (along with Miria). Also her wings seem way to small to allow her fly but:
a) it's manga
b) if they can increase their mass maybe they can decrease it (so if she had the same mass as a Claymore even such small wings could probably allow her to fly)
c) it's manga

But like I said, for now it looks like jumping to me although since she has wings Yagi will probably make her a flying AB. Which I don't see as an asset when it comes to fighting. Escaping yes, but fighting? It looked to me she was faster as a Claymore than she is now.
Old 2011-12-01, 23:40   Link #204
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Spoiler for OT @Ryus:
Old 2011-12-01, 23:41   Link #205
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
How this form symbolizes her character/mimicry, I'm not sure...
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
nothing of Roxanne exists in her awakened form - not in appearance or ability. If Yagi didn't tell us it was Roxanne I would have no idea who she was.
Since when does awakened form reflect on Claymore appearance or ability? What does a butterfly have to do with a drill-sword or bad-ass Jean? Or a centaur with Isley? Or spaghetti with Riful (;P)? Or an awakened with a horn and wings with Priscilla? Even if there are some ABs that somewhat resemble their former selves it's not a rule.
Old 2011-12-02, 00:06   Link #206
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
@Ryus
For now she didn't change direction in the air and she wasn't even at the height that was impossible for other Claymores (not only Miria but also two other Claymores could reach that height with ease). In chapter 106 (one page before last) we have another example of AB "flying" (along with Miria). Also her wings seem way to small to allow her fly but:
a) it's manga
b) if they can increase their mass maybe they can decrease it (so if she had the same mass as a Claymore even such small wings could probably allow her to fly)
c) it's manga

But like I said, for now it looks like jumping to me although since she has wings Yagi will probably make her a flying AB. Which I don't see as an asset when it comes to fighting. Escaping yes, but fighting? It looked to me she was faster as a Claymore than she is now.
Not disagreeing, just kinda meant to imply I never thought about it until you said it. You could be very right... after all the ghosts are looking forward, not up so clearly she's landed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Spoiler for OT @Ryus:
Spoiler for Off topic:

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-12-02 at 00:18.
Old 2011-12-02, 00:21   Link #207
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Since Miria attack on MiB HQ Claymore turned from is becoming more and more "shounenish" with each chapter:
1. Main and even secondary characters are immortal.
2. Characters are showing their bravado (cornering with pure stupidity) in almost each page, like they're trying to become martyrs. Before, when a character was doing something heroic she or he did it because of desperation or rage. Now they're acting heroic just to show other how noble they are.
3. Typical shounen "power in friendship" became the main plot device (Miria survival, kids "healing" Raftella etc.)

By standards Yagi was using before chapter 100 all claymores, ghost included, in HQ should be dead already. Miria should be dead twice. They're fighting not against an "typical" no. 1, or "typical" AO but against one of the strongest. Why did they run away from Riful instead of slaughtering her in a few pages? Why warriors, suddenly rebelled against MiBs, just because Miria tried not to kill them? Why almost all characters are suffering now from a hero complex?

And you're asking why I stopped reading Claymore a few months ago? I'm just checking spoilers and still couldn't find a reason to start reading it again...
QFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
You mean like the Witch's Maw arc where everyone was magically saved, awakenings became a cheap reversible joke, and characters stupidly showed bravado. Then yes I agree, the Witch's Maw arc in early claymore was pretty shitty >:3

Good to have someone else who hates the shounen standard, especially from early Claymore.

What's that Witch's Maw arc fans? Problem? >:3
You want to get into the same argument AGAIN? Ass-pulls in Witch's maw arc are nowhere near ass-pullness of what happened in chapters 100+. Clare's decision about trying to rescue Jean wasn't such ridiculous either since she couldn't brush off a dying comrade begging her for help and she didn't even know Riful was there. Deneve and Helen went after Isley knowing who he was and now they came knwoing there are more than 3 Isleyes. And Claymores/humans died then and weren't immortal. Now show me one dead Claymore since chapter 74 because I can't remember. What's worse now we do not have 1 abyssal but 3 abyssals who are supposed to be stronger than Riful. Add to this ridiculous rebellion which couldn't happen for over 100 years but happened once Miria came (lol) and broken power levels and you have plenty of reason to not pit these two arcs in the same league.
____

About Hysteria not being able to pull the sword out there's also something called inertia in Claymore world. With one of her runnings and stoppings it should have fallen off.
Old 2011-12-02, 00:26   Link #208
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
You want to get into the same argument AGAIN? Ass-pulls in Witch's maw arc are nowhere near ass-pullness of what happened in chapters 100+. And Claymores/humans died then and weren't immortal. Now show me one dead Claymore since chapter 74 because I can't remember. What's worse now we do not have 1 abyssal but 3 abyssals who are supposed to be stronger than Riful. Add to this ridiculous rebellion which couldn't happen for over 100 years but happened once Miria came (lol) and broken power levels and you have plenty of reason to not pit these two arcs in the same league.
But Hysteria has a sword stuck in her throat

(overlooks every other asspull save this arc, so as to pretend to be serious)

Quote:
About Hysteria not being able to pull the sword out there's also something called inertia in Claymore world. With one of her runnings and stoppings it should have fallen off.
QFT...
Old 2011-12-02, 00:28   Link #209
Double_friedman

Red face

Quote:
Since when does awakened form reflect on Claymore appearance or ability? What does a butterfly have to do with a drill-sword or bad-ass Jean? Or a centaur with Isley? Or spaghetti with Riful (;P)? Or an awakened with a horn and wings with Priscilla? Even if there are some ABs that somewhat resemble their former selves it's not a rule.
Yeah, we know, we're not stupid like Rachel :P But what we want is an explanation of the ridicule ABeing form of Hysteria. She looks like a weak insect with no defense and less style! If she cannot eat, then you just need to push that sword to kill her, and given the fact that she's unable to push that sword with her cockroach tentacles, she's unable to reach Miria is she attackes in that spot.

Probably Hysteria is going to be killed without even fighting. The fight between the other two is going to throw some rocks, one of them is going to impact the sword and that is how Hysti the elegant cockroach will be defeated. Or maybe Raki will do something.
Old 2011-12-02, 00:35   Link #210
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
Yeah, we know, we're not stupid like Rachel :P But what we want is an explanation of the ridicule ABeing form of Hysteria. She looks like a weak insect with no defense and less style! If she cannot eat, then you just need to push that sword to kill her, and given the fact that she's unable to push that sword with her cockroach tentacles, she's unable to reach Miria is she attackes in that spot.
QFT

Spoiler for If I was Miria there I would have agreed, then gone and done this...:
Old 2011-12-02, 01:37   Link #211
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
But what we want is an explanation of the ridicule ABeing form of Hysteria. She looks like a weak insect with no defense and less style! If she cannot eat, then you just need to push that sword to kill her, and given the fact that she's unable to push that sword with her cockroach tentacles, she's unable to reach Miria is she attackes in that spot.
With that I won't argue and completely agree. Shieky and WSK were saying something else though.

I don't care about looks/aesthetics as long as the story is good and characters feel real, act consistently and receive proper character development. And to be honest recently only the art is still on a relatively high level. I'm not surprised that Arturro has put reading Claymore on hold.
Old 2011-12-02, 03:14   Link #212
Ulquihorror

Hysteria can always revert back to human form and remove the sword from her throat and retransform again...
Also, I hope her current form isn't her definite form and it only looks like that because the sword is making her unable to fully transform...because she looks pretty damn ugly for an AO
Old 2011-12-02, 03:21   Link #213
Gooral
Banned

You're right. I didn't even think about such simple way of doing it.
Old 2011-12-02, 04:25   Link #214
Milia_Genei

Maybe current form of 'Hysteria the Ellegant' is not her REAL form. I am almost sure, that this form is a disgusting 'fake doll' just like that that one which 'Destroyer Rafaella/Luciella" has. Knowing Yagi stile, he needs an another climax for 'Hysteria vs Claymores' battle. Hysteria's current state doesn't look like she can do something against 'united forces' of Ghosts. This form can't be her real form. I am sure, that when one of Ghosts(probably Helen with her 'drill sword', because she acts before she thinks), I am sure, that when one of Ghosts will destroy Hysteria's head, Hysterias real form will be revealed. For now, Hysteria the AO doesn't need to be even a little serious. Miria and 'claymores bunch' were for Hysteria like an insects, like a trash. Now she have against her people who experienced fight vs abyssal ones (Riful, Isley) or powerful AB (Agatha, Riguardo), even if they didn't kill them, they had grown. Everyone are experienced and determinated. Even if they cannot kill her, she needs to be serious to win against them.

Roxy form is awesome, her blades resemble those of Beth.

Sorry, I am going to work, so I end my post here. I shouldn't write in the morning, but I am full of thoughts about this chapter.

What we really fighting for?
Old 2011-12-02, 07:17   Link #215
Nixl

Quote:

You want to get into the same argument AGAIN? Ass-pulls in Witch's maw arc are nowhere near ass-pullness of what happened in chapters 100+. Clare's decision about trying to rescue Jean wasn't such ridiculous either since she couldn't brush off a dying comrade begging her for help and she didn't even know Riful was there. Deneve and Helen went after Isley knowing who he was and now they came knwoing there are more than 3 Isleyes. And Claymores/humans died then and weren't immortal. Now show me one dead Claymore since chapter 74 because I can't remember. What's worse now we do not have 1 abyssal but 3 abyssals who are supposed to be stronger than Riful. Add to this ridiculous rebellion which couldn't happen for over 100 years but happened once Miria came (lol) and broken power levels and you have plenty of reason to not pit these two arcs in the same league.
Hehehe Gooral, I wrote it on purpose knowing it would rile some. I thought the mischievous lion faces( >:3 ) would be enough of an indicator that I have no serious intent behind the conversation.

But oh yeah the Witch's arc was sooo much better when no one important died, awakening became a cheap joke, and it was solved by shounen magic. Yep it was sooo superiorrrr. >:3
Old 2011-12-02, 09:28   Link #216
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral
We went into this in further detail if you look further back though; I'd pull specific things/quotes, but it's much better to just read the conversation in it's entirety because it's a good one.

Point blank though, many many factors go into how a person turns out -- it's beyond their control, but everything from their personality/power/technique, to perhaps even their state-of-mind/how they fancy themselves/etc....but it's always with a darker corrupted twist, since they are awakening after all (so the idea of Teresa becoming something purely angelic didn't sound right to me -- even if that matched her personality, which it doesn't, she would still have that darker twist as she is becoming a monster; the comparison I brought up is to what Galadriel said in Lord of the Rings if she possessed the One Ring ).
--

Roflmao, love all the Hysteria T-Rex jokes...that she can look so ridiculous and not have arms just makes her look funnier . That said, Yagi could save himself from this with what Milla Genai just said -- that this isn't her "true" form....heck; since considering the very nature of their revival, the fact that their Awakening was forced....it could easily be said that this is like getting infected with the parasites - this isn't their true form; wouldn't surprise me if that ended up happening.

--

I do agree though that Hysteria can't fly...I mean if she can, it's gonna look/be awkward as hell considering her appearance, so at best, she could probably "hover" or have limited flight to some degree.....if she has the same true flight though like Priscilla, the fact that it's a manga will be the only explanation - I don't care how powerful she is, something as ridiculous looking as her Awakened form has no excuse other then "she just can".

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-12-02 at 09:44.
Old 2011-12-02, 09:29   Link #217
MalakTawus

Let's all join and prey that that Histy's form is not her definitive form........i don't think i can take seriously a fight between the ghosts and that...."thing".......

....but it would be quite funny if Histy can go around with tons of warriors impaled to her "blades" like a giant coat stand,LOL.
Old 2011-12-02, 09:44   Link #218
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Argh, guess the release date didn't work out my schedule this time either... I blame the weekdays since I'm at work.

Anyways, back to chapter discussion... I think Yagi's lost. Even though I did like the chapter because of the ghosts stepping in (mind blown), so far we've only seen stupid sexual innuendos/insect formed like ABs that don't "fit" the scene. Jeez, I don't know whether Yagi's just ran out of decent ABs he can think of and he's kinda rushing out the end, so he can bring Clare/Priscilla back.

Btw, I do wonder if the ghosts will even have a chance to take out Hysteria head on... Even though theirs only one AB (since Cassandra and Roxanne are fighting), even Miria was no match to her in sheer power/abilities. And now she's awakened..

ROFL at the beauty obssessed witch transformed to a fly-legged Teresa/Clare statue
Old 2011-12-02, 09:45   Link #219
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
ROFL at the beauty obssessed witch transformed to a fly-legged Teresa/Clare statue
Roflmao, that's what I said! And notice something strange? Her head is Alicia's awakened head, but with eyes instead of glowing/closed eyes...other then that, they are practically identical >__<

The irony is that I now honestly prefer the "praying mantis" idea that the spoilers were doing -_-.
Old 2011-12-02, 09:49   Link #220
Gooral
Banned

Maybe Hysteria was created by Yagi drawing the head and then telling one of his assistants to draw a torso and the other assistant legs .

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-12-02 at 10:04.
Closed Thread