AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-13, 22:15   Link #17861
demino_hellsin
That one guy

And here I thought about giving Ichika a real guy friend =))

EDIT: Hilarious would be Ichika learning that a second year or third year student is actually a crossdressing guy =)) But the crossdresser is so cute that nobody wanted to believe she was a he XD
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:18   Link #17862
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I at the least has 4 of them
Old 2012-01-13, 22:23   Link #17863
Eratas123

@ Demi - You don't have to be a pilot. You could he an observer, repairman, teacher etc etc.
Old 2012-01-13, 22:32   Link #17864
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Which is then shot down by Agetreme's argument about cycle of education and work in I.S.-verse...
Old 2012-01-13, 22:35   Link #17865
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Which wasn't proven canon in any way As long as it doesn't break canon rules, we can put it in. Hell, Irish crossdressed to get into the academy and Future Imperfect had Tabame build a time machine
Old 2012-01-13, 22:39   Link #17866
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was thinking of a male pilot. Stereotypical comic relief, he's both bokke and straight guy, even poking fun at himself. He's just a normal guy but he has good instincts in fighting. Snippy and sarcastic, he always likes to make fun of things. So he's your everyday bum.

On the not so happy side, he's lived alone all his life. He had to go to a crappy public school where people were too busy trying to lie,cheat,steal and beat the crap out of each other to care about proper education. Getting into decent institutions became that much harder because girls were given priority and he wasn't good enough to match the smarter boys. He's not a woman hater but he's brawled with girls enough times to realize chivalry is foolish when it comes to dealing with those types, though he still dislikes hitting girls.
Old 2012-01-13, 22:40   Link #17867
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

At least he has convincing argument, and one of them explained why every single staff in I.S.A. are female. Though that might not apply to the kitchen staff XD

Not that I follow the rules, I kicked canon rules to bend since... dunno, I knew this forum?

@ Demi

Sounds like a plan, in my crossover verse, the guys AND girls are paranoid about the stigma, either play along helplessly or telling 'mature' adults to shut the fuck up and just enjoying their life as teenager.
Old 2012-01-13, 22:43   Link #17868
Eratas123

@ Demi - How can he pilot?

@ Senpai - They're all female because this is a harem setting. Males are supposedly slaves and seco d class class citizens. Do we see this when the cast goes out? Nope.
Old 2012-01-13, 22:44   Link #17869
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If this guy get approval, then he and the silver gospel kid makes for 2 nominees for a new fic

@eras: Same reason as Ichika, no one really knows
Old 2012-01-13, 22:48   Link #17870
Eratas123

I say silver gospel fic first.

Side note - Saying it's a secret isn't a good thing. Fans at least have speculations on why Ichika can pilot (Either he's a clone or because his genes are close to Chifuyu's). There was a fanfic where when they asked why he could pilot, the character just kept saying it was a secret. Reviewers got annoyed after a while.
Old 2012-01-13, 22:48   Link #17871
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I agree with Eras that he has to have convincing reason to do so. Gospel Kid

@Eras
That's why I want to show it, I hate it when I had to cater to "it's harem, don't care if her father threaten to kill 6.8 billions human" or "it's harem, change of social dynamic aren't important enough to shown here".

The most glaring would be chapter 1 V4 where girls are delivering fanservice like crazy in a public place disregarding of what's SUPPOSED to happen if such situation occurs. (i.e. males being beaten due to them being perverts)
Old 2012-01-13, 22:53   Link #17872
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Shadow delves into this at certain points. Irish gets this treatment at times and there was a draft before where he gets kicked around and no one helps him because he's male and the aggressor is female. This gets to the point where he nearly murders her if the police hadn't arrived.
Old 2012-01-13, 22:59   Link #17873
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Humans are bastard eh? Fun.

I myself try to balance it that feminist is really being vocal minority, and while indeed female has superior treatment, no wanton violence and 'males are dogs/slaves' is allowed since a riot caused by Men HAPPENS in earlier days of I.S. introduction, and boy the result are not pretty.

Everything is mostly a gender flip of the condition in real life (for example in USA, female worker only gets 88% the wages of the male worker in same position and schedule, this is flipped in my fic that males only gets 88% wages). The exception would be schooling system (and that's only happen in several, advanced countries like Japan, Britain, or Chinese -which is irony in and out- etc.)
Old 2012-01-13, 23:06   Link #17874
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Shadow delves a bit into the human survival instinct. In truth, nobody would've complained if they helped him and tried to restrain the aggressor, but the society's view of IS makes them think any woman can be a walking nuke. So it's not just males suffering, but females as well since they can't interact normally anymore. They envy children because they interact with no repurcussions whatsoever and nobody fears the other.

Gling home, be back in an hour.
Old 2012-01-13, 23:15   Link #17875
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> Divorce is skyrocketting.
> Suicide is also skyrocketing, and both males and females is in dire need of a lot of therapist.
> Chaotic situation in various work due to chain of command being yanked (pun intended) by feminist (they fail but still the damage is done).
> Heavy-laden job slowed down, such as oil rig, mining, construction etc, economy almost collapsing as more and more guys are pissed by unreasonable female superior.
> Mass migration of male out of Japan. (close to 50.000)
> Total people killed form riot in various countries is close to that of 100.000!
Old 2012-01-13, 23:33   Link #17876
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I guess I better get started on those pseudo shifts then

EDIT: So I take it no one would help the boy and the Gospel?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-01-13 at 23:44.
Old 2012-01-13, 23:48   Link #17877
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*chuckles* Which is why I'll stick with 'my guy' for now. They can be as 'gender-riffic' as they want, but a martial artist is a martial artist. Of course, what's the use of a male learning kendo or karate or something if he can't use it for anything worthwhile?

I'm sure he would have come across competitions where even if he did beat out the other competitors, he would have lost to a woman at the end, not because he was bad, quite the opposite in fact, but because of 'political reasons':

Tourny Sponsor: "Well, this tournament was funded by *randome feminine hygine product brandname*, so it won't do to have it marketed by a man..."

My Guy: ... -.- "... really now...what use is it for a martial arts competition if you're gonna pick someone based off who can sell your 'feminine products' better...?"

As far as ability-wise, he could take Houki and Ichika. I vouch for greater fighting experience as a young adult vs two 15-16 year olds. Against Chifuyu...he'd lose since her fighting experience far outstrips anything he's done. A mere mortal man vs Brunhilde - If he fought a seasoned IS pilot, based off of Zero's findings about the Hyper Sensor thing, I'd say he'd lose as well. Hell, what's her name - Student Prez - could probably beat him if the Hyper Sensor thing is really all that it is.

All in all, trying to put in another male pilot, until something occurs in the LN, doesn't really do anything for me... I'd find the experiences of a guy who's not related to the IS system in any way, a man who's trying to retain the remaining dignity of a man in this suddenly feministic world, to be far more interesting.
Old 2012-01-13, 23:58   Link #17878
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I guess I better get started on those pseudo shifts then

EDIT: So I take it no one would help the boy and the Gospel?
Yes, even if they want to help, logic dictates Gospel is dangerous and it's a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
*chuckles* Which is why I'll stick with 'my guy' for now. They can be as 'gender-riffic' as they want, but a martial artist is a martial artist. Of course, what's the use of a male learning kendo or karate or something if he can't use it for anything worthwhile?

Quote:
I'm sure he would have come across competitions where even if he did beat out the other competitors, he would have lost to a woman at the end, not because he was bad, quite the opposite in fact, but because of 'political reasons' - I've been in enough tournaments to see it happen and it's easier than most people think it would be.
I don't know, because in my country, tourneys are gender segregated :|

Quote:
All in all, trying to put in another male pilot, until something occurs in the LN, doesn't really do anything for me... I'd find the experiences of a guy who's not related to the IS system in any way to be far more interesting.
Quite right.
Old 2012-01-14, 00:01   Link #17879
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I realized what was really bugging me about the IS. It's being used as a sports equipment but people are using it as an excuse to build up weapons of mass destruction. They are being developed as weapons of mass destruction(under the pretense of deterrent) but they are forbidden from use. To top it off, these things were made for space exploration from the start which is completely off from how they are being used now.

In short, the IS has no real use other than being a shiny gun you show off to everyone.
Old 2012-01-14, 00:05   Link #17880
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I realized what was really bugging me about the IS. It's being used as a sports equipment but people are using it as an excuse to build up weapons of mass destruction. They are being developed as weapons of mass destruction(under the pretense of deterrent) but they are forbidden from use. To top it off, these things were made for space exploration from the start which is completely off from how they are being used now.

In short, the IS has no real use other than being a shiny gun you show off to everyone.
Why do you think I always equates I.S. verse to Cold War?

"Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy!"
- Howard Stark

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick; you will go far."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest