AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 12:29   Link #21
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I made muenster chicken recently and it turned out great. It was the best chicken I ever made, and some of the best chicken I ever had. This recipe makes the chicken juicy and flavorful. Ingredients you will need:

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Muenster cheese
Eggs, well beaten
Flour
Plain bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable oil

I will not specify amounts in this recipe, except for a few instances. I'll share some info that will give you an idea of how much cheese to use in this recipe. I had 5 pieces of chicken, which I did a butterfly cut to each (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqjfQP3Mp2k). This video shows you how to do so. However, I cut the chicken all the way, separating them, creating 10 pieces of chicken. For the 10 pieces of chicken, I used between 1.5 and 2 lbs of muenster cheese. Use one layer of cheese per chicken (the thickness of one slice per chicken piece). If the muenster cheese is thick cuts (that is how it usually is), you'll only need one layer for your chicken. It will provide plenty of flavor with one layer, trust me.

Start by butterfly cutting your chicken. You can rinse the pieces in cold water and pat dry with paper towels if you usually do that with your chicken and pork. Put your chicken pieces on a plate and set aside.

Get a bowl for the eggs and a wide, shallow bowl for the flour and bread crumbs. Put a 50/50 mix of flour and plain bread crumbs into a zip lock bag. I used about 1 cup of each for the time I made the dish. Add some salt and pepper to the flour and bread crumbs (my estimate is that I used about 1 tsp of salt). Seal bag and thoroughly mix ingredients, then add to shallow, wide bowl. Take eggs and beat well in a bowl (I used 3 eggs for the amount of chicken I had).

Heat skillet with vegetable oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan). Add more oil as you go if needed. Coat chicken in egg, then coat with dry mixture, then add to pan. Have the baking dish(es) near so you can add the chicken to them as you cook. When coating with egg, sprinkle each side with salt. Having a food sanitation glove on one hand is useful for this step. You want to brown the chicken and make the breading crispy. After browning each piece, add them to a baking dish or casserole dish (I had to use more than one to fit them all). Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Cover the chicken with a layer of muenster cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. The chicken came out perfectly after 30 minutes.

When I made this, the chicken came out great. The egg and breading seal in the juices, making the chicken very juicy and flavorful, and of course, the cheese really makes the dish flavorful. I'd like to make bone-in pork chops via this cooking method sometime, for juicy pork chops.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2012-01-24 at 12:40.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 12:38   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i don't cook much these days but when i did i wasn't bad at it.

- Fry Rice
- Steam Water Eggs
- Daikon Cake
- Roast Chicken
- Fry Fish w/wok
- Tofu Soup
Old 2012-01-24, 17:57   Link #23
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
My specialty is ADOBO... it's a Philippine dish.

Ingredients:

Chicken or Pork (or both)
4 gloves of garlic
1 small native onion (we don't used the big white one)
1/2 cup of Soy Sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
Salt/Pepper
1-2 leaves of Laurel
Oil
Sugar (optional but I insist at least 2 teaspoons)
Flour (optional for thicking the sause)

1. Slice the meat.
2. Dice garlic and onion separately then set aside.
3. Add a little oil on the frying pan just to coat it.
4. Saute garlic followed by onion
5. Add the meat. Cook until the oil comes out. Don't discard it!!( I usually add a little water but optional)
6. Add soy sause then vinegar and seasoned with salt and pepper. Depending on your preferences add a little sugar.
7. Add a dash of flour if it's watery or if you want to thicken the sause. My other intention is to fuse the oil and water.
8. Wait until the meat is cooked well.
9. Serve hot. I prefer with cold rice.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-01-29 at 23:31.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 01:22   Link #24
Shinji01

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
My specialty is ADOBO... it's a Philippine dish made by chicken ( or pork) with soy sause and with little vinegar and dash of sugar....yumm
Love adobo...

He is a recipie for tofu burgers.
I eat them with rice, or you can put it in a sandwich or burger if you like.

60g tofu ( not the silk tofu)
300g minced pork
Half egg,
Bit of flour
Little bit of miso
Little bit of soy sauce

Ore heat the tofu or press them to take out excess water.
Throw tpall ingredients in to the bowl, mash it up.
Make little round cakes out of them and pan fry.

You can also stuff the mixture inside bell peppers and grill them, or shiitake...
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 05:04   Link #25
LeoXiao
思想工作

My cooking:
Morning: grilled cheese sandwiches
Afternoon: Noodles (a notch above ramen) with a sausage, chopped veggies, and an egg.
Other: rice w/whatever I can find (sometimes just salt or pepper), mashed potatoes.
Weekends: STEAK, plus the above.

It's getting boring (besides the steak).
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 05:11   Link #26
Alchemist007
*Author

This thread SO needs pics.

Had this with some hot sauce, nice combo actually (those are eggs on top btw). I decided to be brave/silly and try sunny side up eggs next, I say that because they actually tasted horrible the last 2 times I had them but I believe I found the secret to enjoying them: other items to eat them with. So the croissant along with just a bit of hot sauce actually brings out the enjoyment of that style of egg.
Old 2012-01-28, 05:12   Link #27
Sumeragi
Banned

What I made a few years ago:

Also, hi LeoXiao~
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 08:16   Link #28
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

My current project is to create the perfect chicken Kung Pao. I had a pretty amazing version of it at a Sichuan restaurant near my house, so I'm pretty hopeful.

I've managed to get my hands on most of the ingredients (including Sichuan peppercorns), but I'm still not sure what proportions I should use.

I found this recipe online, but I was wondering if any of you experienced chinese cooks would have any suggestions. I really want to get that spicy numbing taste down.

Also, is it better to use whole Chili, or some kind of chili extract, powder or sauce? I never really eat the chili itself so...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 08:21   Link #29
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
My cooking:
Morning: grilled cheese sandwiches
Afternoon: Noodles (a notch above ramen) with a sausage, chopped veggies, and an egg.
Other: rice w/whatever I can find (sometimes just salt or pepper), mashed potatoes.
Weekends: STEAK, plus the above.

It's getting boring (besides the steak).
My weekly diet consists of potatoes, eggs, pasta, rice and meat, with a few vegetables and fruit added here and there. Can't really say it's boring though, because there are many ways to cook something!

Example of a couple days ago: the plan was french fries, sausage and salad, but the quality of the potatoes was bad, so they ended up tosses with an egg and lots of spices. The leftover potatoes of the same bunch were done yesterday with carrots, lemon and mustard in the oven...it was quite different Unfortunately I can't submit a picture, since I ate it already
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 19:17   Link #30
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I made a cabbage casserole recently. It was pretty good. It was similar to stuffed peppers. I pan fried ground beef and then mixed it with cooked white rice, and then seasoned it with salt and pepper (fresh ground black pepper) and a few other seasonings. I then took some cabbage I softened in boiling water, and layered a casserole dish with cooked cabbage and the seasoned ground beef and rice mixture. Had three layers, and then put tomato paste on the top and baked it in the oven. It turned out pretty solid, but I've made stuffed cabbage before that I thought came out better. Next time I make this casserole, I'd like to change a few things with the hope of improving it. I think one problem is that I used some spices that I think it could have done without (like the paprika, I don't think it really was good for the dish).

I make this great vegetable soup. It uses only fresh vegetables, except for the tomatoes (they are canned). The broth consists of water and a high quality vegetable bullion (it is low sodium), salt, fresh ground black pepper, and flavors from the vegetables as they boil. The vegetables I use are a good amount of cabbage, carrots, celery, and onion, with some leeks, and then a little bit of eggplant, a little bit of fresh green beans, a small amount of broccoli, some fresh parsley, the canned tomatoes and their juice from the can, and that is usually it. A little bit of zucchini would probably work well. Season the broth well and the broth turns out real nice, and the soup is chock full of vegetables. It is hard to fit all this in one pot. Last time I made this, I made it in two pots to fit it all, and had plenty of left overs.
Old 2012-01-28, 23:23   Link #31
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
My weekly diet consists of potatoes, eggs, pasta, rice and meat, with a few vegetables and fruit added here and there. Can't really say it's boring though, because there are many ways to cook something!

Example of a couple days ago: the plan was french fries, sausage and salad, but the quality of the potatoes was bad, so they ended up tosses with an egg and lots of spices. The leftover potatoes of the same bunch were done yesterday with carrots, lemon and mustard in the oven...it was quite different Unfortunately I can't submit a picture, since I ate it already
Hmm, well I guess it all depends on how psyched you are about cooking stuff. I for one have an urge to eat whatever I'm cooking as soon as possible, so I'm inclined to cook it the fastest or easiest way I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi
What I made a few years ago:
That just made my stomach growl. Guess it's time to prepare my weekend steak.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 23:34   Link #32
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
My specialty is ADOBO... it's a Philippine dish..
My acquaintance brought some before and I was wondering how to make the dish. Thanks for the post, I'll try making it this week.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 15:04   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

How to make: crepes

Ingredients: mainly flour, water, milk and eggs. The quantity depends on how many you want to make.

Preparation: You mix it all together, duh :P It just needs some battering and it's ready to make. Oh, needs a pinch of salt too.

The tricky part is actually baking them, make sure you apply the mix evenly. Doesn't take too long, just a few minutes on each side. Once the pans are out, you can add whatever you want; hazelnut paste, banana, coconut, pineapple, wild cherries, strawberries, grand marnier, baileys, etc. Can also be made salty with cheese, bell peppers, ham, mushrooms and fresh tomatoes.

Spoiler for img:

How to make: Souvlaki

Ingredients: Pita bread, chopped pork w/o bones, cucumber, vinegar, oil, garlic, yoghurt, tomatoes, salt, pepper.

Preparation: For the sauce, slice up the cucumber with a grinder and drain it. Get some oil in a bowl, add yoghurt, then the cucumber, crush a head of garlic, add some vinegar and salt and stir it up. It's meant to be viscous, so you'll know if you got it right.

For the main, prepare the meat with just the basics, i.e. oil (so as to keep it from sticking to the casserole) and salt/pepper/oregano. On a separate pan, get some oil ready for the pitas. Don't get them in too soon, else they'll absorb too much oil, but don't let them fry without any, or they'll burn. They're quick to make, less than a minute per side. Once they're done, add some sauce, meat, tomatoes and optionally onion and lettuce. Wrap it up aaaaand...
Spoiler for result:

enjoy~

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-01-31 at 12:09.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 15:23   Link #34
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It's an indulgent dish more for special occasions (too many carbs for me to eat regularly lol), but damn is it good:

Bison Meat American Chop Suey:

Ingredients: Ground bison meat, your favorite pasta, tomatoes, garlic, and onions (or store bought sauce if lazy).

Pan fry some ground bison meat in a smallish pan, so the meat is nearly submerged in the fat. Add oregano, black pepper, and sea salt and keep on low heat once it's cooked to about medium.

Bring water to a boil, add your favorite type of pasta (they make great ones out of Quinoa now, I like Penne). Lower heat to a weak boil and stir until you're satisfied with the tenderness (more of a personal preference thing, should be at least 7 minutes depending on the amount).

Put oven to 400 degrees. Add tomatoes, garlic, onions, and any other vegetables you enjoy (I like leeks and bell peppers in there too) to a glass pan. Then add a dab of oil (ghee, butter, olive oil, coconut, etc.) and balsamic vinegar, then mix all the veggies around until the oil/vinegar is lightly spread throughout the glass pan. Put some sea salt, then let it roast for 30minutes. Make sure the garlic is fully cooked, and monitor the tomatoes so they don't get overcooked. Take a blender or food processor, add your favorite spices (oregano, basil, thyme, etc) and a tiny bit of water, blend the roasted veggies. Then add this new sauce to the pasta, and mix in the ground bison. If you like cheese, I'd recommend grated romano to go with it. (and if you're too lazy to make the vegetable sauce, you can always buy some nice vodka sauce or something. Just make sure it's not the shitty artificial kind with HFCS and that nonsense in it.)

Sooo good lol.

Also, since this is an anime forum:

MY Miso Soup:

Ingredients: Carrots, onions, leeks, miso, kimchi, mushrooms (if you like them)

Bring water to a boil. Chop carrots into medium chunks. Finely chop onions and leeks, and whatever other complementary veggies you have on hand (varies a lot for me, lol). Lightly boil the veggies for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let it cool slightly (you still want it to be hot, but I don't like damaging the live cultures in the miso, and in my version, kimchi). Add a bit of miso (for 2-3 servings worth of veggies, approx. 2 tablespoons worth), and as much kimchi as you like, stir until the miso becomes mixed fully into the water. Delicious and full of that addictive umami flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
How to make: Souvlaki

Ingredients: Pita bread, chopped pork w/o bones, cucumber, vinegar, oil, garlic, yoghurt, tomatoes, salt, pepper.

Preparation: For the sauce, slice up the cucumber with a grinder and drain it. Get some oil in a bowl, add yoghurt, then the cucumber, dice a head of garlic, add some vinegar and salt and stir it up. It's meant to be viscous, so you'll know if you got it right.

For the main, prepare the meat with just the basics, i.e. oil (so as to keep it from sticking to the casserole) and salt/pepper. On a separate pan, get some oil ready for the pitas. Don't get them in too soon, else they'll absorb too much oil, but don't let them fry without any, or they'll burn. They're quick to make, less than a minute per side. Once they're done, add some sauce, meat, tomatoes and optionally onion and lettuce. Wrap it up aaaaand...
Spoiler for result:

enjoy~
Looks amazing. Might have to try my hand at those some time.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 17:14   Link #35
Alchemist007
*Author

I only tried souvlaki once (recently) and it was pretty damn epic. Shit I think I even have all the ingredients in the house now, I should try this.
Old 2012-01-30, 03:45   Link #36
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
This thread SO needs pics.
I so agree. If you guys have pictures of the food you cook, please post them!!! Oh and egg on a criossant sounds yummie.

@Genjichan please do post more of recipes from your country!!!

My newest addition:

First a short story. My bro, his gf and I went to eat some chinese the other day and I ordered this dish: hot and sour eggplant dish.

It is a vegetarian dish, but the lack of meat didnt bother me. It was delicious to fabulous max.

Once at home, I startd thinking, whether I could cook it myself and I succeeded. Here is what you need:

1. eggplant cubed in bigger chunks
2. red and green pepper, cut in larger pieces too
3. onion sliced
4. vegetable oil
5. soy sauce
6. sweet chili sauce (the soy sauce and chili sauce should be mixed in a ratio 3:1, meaning about 2-3 times more soy sauce than chili sauce. But it really depends on how strong either the sauces is. You have to experiment a little to find see how you prefer it)
7. finely cut garlic

The preparation was really easy:

1. First I deep fried the eggplant cubes and set them aside in a bowl with kitchen paper (to absorb the oil from the eggplant)
2. I stir fried onion and the pepper pieces and when done, I added some garlic for 30-40 seconds
3. I poured over with light soya sauce (the one with low salt content) and added some sweet chili sauce (which btw is sweet, but also spicy. I think it might have been a tad too spicy, so be careful with it) and reduced the sauce by cooking until it started to look sticky.
4. Added the deep fried eggplant pieces and stired, until they were evenly coated with the sauce

5. Serve with rice. YUMMIE!!!!
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 04:26   Link #37
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
As per request by somebody.. and because some loves to watch ANOther, I'll share a recipe of my Dad (I never cooked this, or have plans to cook this coz I'm Muslim and it's Haram (forbidden). My Dad knew this because he was a Christian...

Let's get bloody with Dinuguan a Philippine dish composed of pork blood...

A cup of fresh (He means really fresh) pork blood
A cup of coconut milk
A cup of pork intestines (ughhh..)
3 pieces of green pepper ( the small/medium one, not the big ones they call it here "siling haba" aka long pepper)
2gloves of garlic
1 small native onion
salt/pepper

1. Saute garlic and onions.
2. Add the intestines and make it oil and turns crispy (not burnt!)
3. Add coconut milk then blood (don't wait in between, just pour it in)
4. Add the green pepper and seasoned to taste.
5. Cook until it's chocolate in color or if it seems done.
6. Serve hot with rice. while watching ANOther...

***the recipe varies from region to region but this Bicolano style. I guess

I'm planning to post about Papaitan but it's kinda grosse

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-02-11 at 04:47.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 10:04   Link #38
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Pizza in a Jar

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2012-01-30 at 13:01.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 11:10   Link #39
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
^ Broken link /sadface.

I had my hopes up too by that label. It sounds like something that would integrate well with my life.

*EDIT: The idea is genius. However I just ate lunch and everything sounds/looks disgusting.

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-01-30 at 13:08.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 13:01   Link #40
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^I just fixed the link. Try again.