AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 10:04   Link #481
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Episode 10 was intense. Also the direction and art is really good, it almost felt like watching a movie feature. I like how Yuuna is so calm and decisive in this episode, and as expected Haruto does interesting fights. Seeing the dragon shield being smash also brings back memories, lol.

Anyway I don't mind having old man as gold saints, because if the gold saints are young that means it won't quite fit with the timeline as they would either have to be younger than Seiya but raised suddenly to gold saint status (so more battle prodigies? eh boring), but if they are the same age as Seiya then one would ask what were they doing in the previous Holy War and why they would betray the real Athena. And if they are just slightly older than Seiya that would put them as the same age as the previous gold saints which would clash, so old man, even older than the previous gold saints makes the most sense I think.

So silver saints next ep and looks like Yuuna and Souma would get their first real challenge and their chance to "rank-up" like the good old times. Also can't wait to see the female Martian!
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 13:07   Link #482
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It looks like Omega decide to change the Gold Saints appearance from young bishounens to mature action hero (ala Arnie, Stallone & JCVD).

Well, it's okay for me (so far). You're gonna get diabetes if you watch bishies all the time anyway.
I think they just look like Fist of The North Star characters so far.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 13:39   Link #483
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Absolutly, it looks like they came from Ken, Fist of The North Star. It's not Saint Seiya style for me. Ok it's good to have character who are no bishies sometimes, but here, all ennemies looks ugly, especially martians. Saint Seiya had some cool/charismatic characters/ennemies who were unforgettable! Even today, everyone speak about Gold Saints.

Maybe it's logic to see Old Gold Saints, but I'm not a fan of that design. I prefer, to compare, Illias from Lost Canvas (in term of design).

Well at least, Omega Gold Saints doesn't look like previous Gold Saints like it was for Lost Canvas. It's a bit original.

I want to see Next Dimension animated with Araki (RIP)/Himeno style...
Old 2012-06-03, 15:16   Link #484
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree the Gold Saints look closer to Hokuto no Ken characters than Saint Seiya characters so far. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though. At least they're not clones of their predecessors like in Lost Canvas and Next Dimension.

Mykene doesn't strike me as a bad guy. He seemed to believe what he was doing was helping the Sanctuary. He's probably misguided like Shura was.

Seiya's return was thrilling and disappointing at the same time. His little skirmish with Mars was a remake of the first episode. Nothing to see here.

Yuna was awesome once again in this episode. I loved her escape from Babel, even if trying to run away from a Gold Saint is futile unless you have friends to buy time (she did, lucky). There was not much else she could have done. Attempting to face him would have been suicide, as the fight that followed showed us.

The next episode looks interesting. The pink haired girl finally appears once again. I'm not expecting much from the Silver Saints though... they look fugly.
Old 2012-06-03, 16:37   Link #485
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I agree the Gold Saints look closer to Hokuto no Ken characters than Saint Seiya characters so far. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though. At least they're not clones of their predecessors like in Lost Canvas and Next Dimension.

Mykene doesn't strike me as a bad guy. He seemed to believe what he was doing was helping the Sanctuary. He's probably misguided like Shura was.

Seiya's return was thrilling and disappointing at the same time. His little skirmish with Mars was a remake of the first episode. Nothing to see here.

Yuna was awesome once again in this episode. I loved her escape from Babel, even if trying to run away from a Gold Saint is futile unless you have friends to buy time (she did, lucky). There was not much else she could have done. Attempting to face him would have been suicide, as the fight that followed showed us.

The next episode looks interesting. The pink haired girl finally appears once again. I'm not expecting much from the Silver Saints though... they look fugly.
Actually, Shura always knew Saga was the Pope along Death Mask and Afrodita.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:59   Link #486
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice job of them saving Aria. Wow another badass looking gold saint, too bad he has turned to serve Mars as well. Seiya appears!
Old 2012-06-03, 22:49   Link #487
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Amazing episode this week. The mood was very Casshern Sins-ish. Props not only to Umakoshi, but also the director Rie Matsumoto for doing a great job. As houkoholic said, it felt like watching a movie.

Omega is raising so many questions. What exactly is happening to Seiya? Mars was surprised that he still had some energy left. It was made evident that his body wasn't really there. Are they stealing cosmo from his body somewhere else or what? And his Gold cloth looked exactly like that day 13 years ago, missing arm and everything.

Also i wonder what were those five pillars of elements(?) coming from the Sky (Heaven?) straight to the Tower of Babel. Anyway, i like how the series is starting to dwell more on roman mythology. Mars' words about God felt very familiar and makes me wonder if there's someone else pulling the strings behind him.

Last edited by Goty; 2012-06-04 at 00:07.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 07:58   Link #488
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Actually, Shura always knew Saga was the Pope along Death Mask and Afrodita.
Only in the manga. I was talking about anime Shura. Omega is following the continuity of the anime... I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Omega is raising so many questions. What exactly is happening to Seiya? Mars was surprised that he still had some energy left. It was made evident that his body wasn't really there. Are they stealing cosmo from his body somewhere else or what? And his Gold cloth looked exactly like that day 13 years ago, missing arm and everything.
Yeah, I think he's probably imprisoned somewhere, getting his cosmos sucked out. The Bronze will most likely have to rescue him at some point.
Old 2012-06-04, 09:30   Link #489
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

You know what we really need? Kanon wearing the Gemini cloth and owning everyone. It's been established that Gemini has always been the strongest Saint.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 10:31   Link #490
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You know what we really need? Kanon wearing the Gemini cloth and owning everyone. It's been established that Gemini has always been the strongest Saint.
Let those who are dead remain dead, hilarious as the concept of death is in Saint Seiya.

If there's someone to bring back... it's Poseidon & Sorento.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 14:23   Link #491
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I think Virgo Shaka is a lot stronger than Gemini
Old 2012-06-04, 14:32   Link #492
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

omimon just opened a giant can of worms. Claiming one particular Gold Saint is stronger than the others never fails to starts a 1000 days war.
Old 2012-06-04, 15:27   Link #493
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
Only in the manga. I was talking about anime Shura. Omega is following the continuity of the anime... I think?
He was still an asshole, what kind of justice there is leaving a dying person on the floor and then claim you are justice?

Well I think Gemini's power is more destructive while Virgo's is more technique.

Still, neither Gemini or Virgo are on any way stronger than Sagitarius since the manga implied Aioros was stronger than Saga and Aioros was the saint appointed to be the next Pope by Shion.

Also, Kurumada is Sagitarius .

Spoiler for Aries Gold Saint's fanart:
Old 2012-06-04, 17:29   Link #494
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Opps...my bad I thought Kanon was still alive which was the reason behind my last post.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 19:16   Link #495
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Still, neither Gemini or Virgo are on any way stronger than Sagitarius since the manga implied Aioros was stronger than Saga and Aioros was the saint appointed to be the next Pope by Shion.
That's not true. The quality for being a Pope wasn't just strength, it was a combination of sense of justice, ability outside of being a saint (eg to lead and to govern) AND personal strength, so it was multiple qualities. The reasoning to choose Aioros was because he has a better heart, his loyalty towards Athena, compassionate and a higher sense of justice - not necessarily that he was stronger than Saga or Shaka.

Problem with Saga was obvious - Shion saw right through his dark side and hoped he would turn around but he didn't, otherwise Saga would've been the other contender as the Pope.

Shaka is oddball because he's technically a Buddist even though he serves Athena, and his religion makes him kind of detached to his current "reincarnation", so he is less compassionate towards fellow mortals, not really a good quality as a leader, and on top of that being a Buddist should mean you abandon desire for status anyway.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 22:22   Link #496
Miraluka
Banned

I mean that Kurumada being Sagitarius, Aioros was given said qualities.
Old 2012-06-05, 07:53   Link #497
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
He was still an asshole, what kind of justice there is leaving a dying person on the floor and then claim you are justice?

Spoiler for Aries Gold Saint's fanart:
He was ruthless and kind of an asshole, yes, but he wasn't a bad guy on the level of Deathmask. When he realized his mistake, he did what little he could to correct it and saved Shiryu's life at the cost of his own.

That fanart is great, but man, those horns are HUGE
Old 2012-06-05, 10:47   Link #498
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Wait... so I was refreshing back my Saint Seiya trivia through the power of the cosmo wiki... and Nike ( the goddess, not the brand ) was Saori's staff?

The same staff that was nowhere in sight in both occasions she faced Mars? ( though to be fair, she seems to prefer her Pegasus staff now. ) And the same staff silhouette that just appeared in the last episode?

At first I assumed that Aria was just going to be a damsel-in-distress used as a puppet facade for Mars, but the way they've built up Aria really implies that she's not just another Light cosmo pump, but likely to be both that and more...

What else better than to be a vassal/human incarnation of Athena's close comrade?

Maybe stabbing Hades with it wasn't such a good idea.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 11:59   Link #499
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Shut up you all! The strongest gold saint is in Saint Seiya Next Dimension, Ikki said it, he's the strongest ennemy he ever fights against...

I will not tell you his sign...
Old 2012-06-05, 14:07   Link #500
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Anyone know if/when an OP single will appear for this show?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen