AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 05:40   Link #7861
Eratas123

@ Stratos - He probably doesn't review fics with more than 10 reviews. It'd look pretty idiotic for him to say "no one likes reads this fic!" when you already have 10+reviewers.

@ Yachi - Why don't you send me the drafts of the chapter? I can probably re-write it if you want.

@ demino_hellsin - What type of fighting games?
Old 2011-11-16, 05:45   Link #7862
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Um... any fighting game done by ArkSys(guilty gear, blazblue, arcana heart[???]), dead or alive(we know why you play this!), street fighter(the classics never die), tekken(no comment), marvel vs capcom(because it defines what being a fanboy is---maybe).

So yeah, generally 2D fighters.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 05:48   Link #7863
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - I play guilty gear, tekken, soul calibur,and some blazblue. Don't play dead or alive, street fighter, and I've stopped playing MvC.
Old 2011-11-16, 05:50   Link #7864
demino_hellsin
That one guy

yay! for some reason it's hard to find other people who play blazblue on my end.
Old 2011-11-16, 05:53   Link #7865
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - He probably doesn't review fics with more than 10 reviews. It'd look pretty idiotic for him to say "no one likes reads this fic!" when you already have 10+reviewers.

@ Yachi - Why don't you send me the drafts of the chapter? I can probably re-write it if you want.

@ demino_hellsin - What type of fighting games?
Okay okay, I'll send it to you VIA PM

I'll gladly thank you for that
Old 2011-11-16, 05:54   Link #7866
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - I still prefer guilty gear though. Zappa is an absolute beast in a fight!

@ Meister - When can we expect Maximillian to come in Vanadam? Also, are his parents dead? I just get the feeling that they'll be killed somehow.

@ Yachi - Which PM? Fanfiction.net or here?
Old 2011-11-16, 05:58   Link #7867
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: guilty gear interests me but I hear the timing for combos is a lot more technical and strict. I generally can't play it cause I don't have a console that has guilty gear D:

You guys think I should just drop astra exodus? As much as that Jasper fellow is mean in reviewing, I do feel as if I'm just picking a huge fight with the IS fandom.
Old 2011-11-16, 06:04   Link #7868
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - It depends on you, we can't just say yes or no. The only problem you have is that Rong is near omniscient, his machine is basically an IS in all but name, and the fact that some characters are OOC. The story is better than some of the other's like the "15 year old teacher comes to school" or the "How will they deal with a real man on campus" stories.

Side note - Guitly gear is strict but the characters and plot are interesting. Bridget makes me laugh and since when did you see a fighter like Zappa anywhere?
Old 2011-11-16, 06:05   Link #7869
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Would YOU?
Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Random question: does anybody here play fighting games?

I currently practice blazblue and still looking for a proper MvC3 line-up.
MvC3 Team:

Arthur
Dr. Doom
Super Skrull (main)
Old 2011-11-16, 06:15   Link #7870
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: I'm honestly tired of overdone OC stories myself. Rong is just my attempt at inverting a ton of those cliche's barring excessively dark history being more of a YMMV. He's not trying to shut people out but trying to mix with people. He's not wooing anyone or am I trying to pair anyone up with him, I would if there is chemistry but for all intents and purposes he's just being friendly.

Spoiler for What is Astra Exodus?:

@Detective: I'm trying to learn Zero and Hsien-ko. Still little to no progress >.>
Old 2011-11-16, 06:20   Link #7871
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That sort of stuff usually breaks canon in half. You'd think the US would be spamming that sort of salvaged units given the kind of toys they already have. Even if they can't fly, if its better than kelvar, it be standard issue by absolutely everyone (as it is IS-derived technology and must be shared, as according to the shitty piece of writing called the Alaska Treaty.)

You guys can tell I really get a ton of headaches trying to justify the author's mistakes here...
Old 2011-11-16, 06:24   Link #7872
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - I'm trying to write how a child terrorist would really act once he gets forcibly drafted: Paranoid, unfriendly and generally a jerkass to people around him.

Irish is also the only one who has no I.S equipment so he relies on his smarts rather than power and is effectively the weakest main character. His segments deal less on fighting the IS and more on trying to get around them.

The romance is more complicated, his past would definitely cause him to reject romance and having been put through hell because of the IS, he has some tension with the other characters.

Character development is the focus of his segment, changing from an amoral individual into a more sane person is the main point of his interactions with the others.

Side note - How the hell does that thing move without a core?
Old 2011-11-16, 06:27   Link #7873
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for PS.:
Old 2011-11-16, 06:31   Link #7874
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@eratas: I'm honestly tired of overdone OC stories myself. Rong is just my attempt at inverting a ton of those cliche's barring excessively dark history being more of a YMMV. He's not trying to shut people out but trying to mix with people. He's not wooing anyone or am I trying to pair anyone up with him, I would if there is chemistry but for all intents and purposes he's just being friendly.

Spoiler for What is Astra Exodus?:

@Detective: I'm trying to learn Zero and Hsien-ko. Still little to no progress >.>
Lol it was similar to mine, except rather than no-core, it was a repaired, broken core. As the result, power output is reduced to 60%, but it can be used by practically anyone (yes, GUYS).

Of course since it was Tabane who repaired the broken core...
Old 2011-11-16, 06:33   Link #7875
Eratas123

@demino_hellsin- That still makes no sense, how would they find a power source big enough to keep the AE running? The cores are black box tech and near impossible to duplicate, having another power source that can rival them is a bit of an asspull.

Also, why didn't they take the AE away from this guy? He's a terrorist, repentant or not, the american government wouldn't risk anything by letting him keep the machine. More likely they'd take it from him and try to study it rather than leave it with the guy who's killed hundreds of innocent civilians at this point.
Old 2011-11-16, 06:42   Link #7876
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for what does the AE run on?:

The AE doesn't go back to Rong without reason. One reason it goes with him to IS academy is so that it can be studied by other countries as well. Politically speaking, other countries are forcing America to give up the AE for public scrutiny, however the official record states that the AE is indeed an AE and not an IS therefore exempting it from all of the Alaskan treaty's rules. With pressure from all other countries, the machine is sent to IS academy where it is out in the open but not quite given away. I was thinking of balancing out the "practically giving back a mass murderer his super weapon." by sending along america's test pilot for the AE, another IS representative hopeful.

Generally she'd pilot an Uchigane(as Age pointed out what all non-representatives should pilot) but mostly she's there as a safeguard in case Rong takes the AE for a joyride or something.

The AE is definitely powerful if I say it can go head to head with an IS but I never said it's omnipotent. IS can still reduce it to a scrapheap if ever.

EDIT: Reason why Rong is allowed to pilot it is because he is the only one who can do so with ease. The test pilot can pilot it but not with the same adeptness as Rong since she hasn't had as much time as Rong. This is all because Rong purposely trashed the AE control systems and uses a back-up system which is extremely unconventional. He did this during his time in the terrorist org so he'd be the only pilot. The AE's developer turned a blind eye to this, amoral scientist and all.
Old 2011-11-16, 06:55   Link #7877
Eratas123

@demino_hellsin - Then why didn't they just send it to IS academy without him? Sending it there by itself would stop the political controversy and keep it away from him at the same time. As I said, giving it back to him risks him going rogue and attacking. The IS may be able to stop him, but the damage would be immense.

What's the point of sending him as a student? He can't pilot an IS so attending piloting classes is a waste of time. Better he just skip classes or do something else with his time rather than cause a distraction in class.

Also, why did they place him with Ichika? The governments that trusting to put the terrorist next to the only male IS pilot? They'd probably make him room with Fillia and not the only unique IS pilot.

We need to stick to the fundamental canon in our stories. The US doing these things can be seen as idiotic or wallbangingly stupid.

EDIT: That explains why they let him keep it, still doesn't explain why they trust him though. Sorry if I come off as annoying, but better question it here than get more negative feedback from people like Jasper.
Old 2011-11-16, 07:01   Link #7878
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@demi: okay, so lets say no one knows how to make that thing work. That avoids some worms, but like eras said, there's no point in him being at the academy if he's not there for classes. If he's there as a test pilot, he'd need more security clearances. I'd expect him tobe almost a prisoner there as such given his background.

My fanon's even stricter. ONLY members of staff and students, and their family members allowed, no exceptions. This was why Max turned into a teacher. And Root in an even more ridiculous position fit for a harem setting...
Old 2011-11-16, 07:08   Link #7879
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Same with meister, he would have more security placed on him other than one girl.

In Shadow, Irish is basically a prisoner in IS academy. He can't leave the campus on his own and they have a hostage he wants so they know he won't go rogue. He also has to go with his partner everywhere instead of being allowed to stay when his partner leaves.

The ruling powers in IS academy take all threats heavily, a threat is downsized till they're sure that he/she/it is manageable and no longer a danger. Rong is a maximum level threat yet they give him a lot of freedom.
Old 2011-11-16, 07:14   Link #7880
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*Read rapid sequence of posting full of question*

GODDAMNIT, I had to recheck Sacred Twins again...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest