AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-01, 18:21   Link #641
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Swedish retailer lists Demon’s Souls 2 for PS4

Interesting turn of events? Or big messed up?
Most likely a mess up considering the history of retailer's accuracy with game release details. I doubt Namco Bandai is going to release another title that overlaps so heavily with it so soon.

I wouldn't be surprised though if there's a port of Dark Souls 2 in development for the next gen consoles but the possibility of a new Demon Souls by From Software is very unlikely for now until they finished Dark Souls 2.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2013-07-01 at 18:40.
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:39   Link #642
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

launch titles

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-01, 23:12   Link #643
videoman190

The road to the PlayStation 4
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/29...-playstation-4
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:34   Link #644
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Never mind launch titles, what's the launch date already ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:57   Link #645
videoman190

Maybe at the Tokyo Game Show? It is just a guess but it is most likely.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 00:03   Link #646
4Tran

Quote:
Never mind launch titles, what's the launch date already ?!
Gamescom (Aug. 22-25) is the most likely time for Sony to announce when the launch will be in North America, Europe and most other territories. They didn't specify a month, so they were aiming for late October pending manufacture and software production. On the hardware side, all indications are that there will be a lot of units available at retail, so October is certainly in play. The software side is still a big question mark, so that's what will hold Sony back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Maybe at the Tokyo Game Show? It is just a guess but it is most likely.
They'll announce the date for the Japanese release then. There's not enough attention at TGS for it to host something as important as the worldwide launch.
Old 2013-07-02, 03:33   Link #647
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Most likely a mess up considering the history of retailer's accuracy with game release details. I doubt Namco Bandai is going to release another title that overlaps so heavily with it so soon.

I wouldn't be surprised though if there's a port of Dark Souls 2 in development for the next gen consoles but the possibility of a new Demon Souls by From Software is very unlikely for now until they finished Dark Souls 2.
If it's Demon Souls 2 than Namco Bandai will have nothing to do with it since Sony own the Demon Souls IP. Also a Demon Souls 2 released in say 2015 on a PS4 helmed by Miyazaki, the producer of Demon Souls and Dark Souls (he stepped down for DS2...) is "different" enough to Dark Souls 2 released in 2014 for Ps360.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:01   Link #648
T-6000

I remember back when the PS3 first launched, at the waiting line Staff members of PC Gamers approached a couple of potential customers waiting in line for their own PS3. PC Gamer gave them an offer, that the two men would each receive a top of the line Gaming PC rig in exchange that they sign a waiver to not pick up a PS3 for a couple of years.

I wonder if PC Gamer will pull off that same stunt with people waiting in line for the PS4 (or the Xbox One for that matter)?
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:12   Link #649
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I remember back when the PS3 first launched, at the waiting line Staff members of PC Gamers approached a couple of potential customers waiting in line for their own PS3. PC Gamer gave them an offer, that the two men would each receive a top of the line Gaming PC rig in exchange that they sign a waiver to not pick up a PS3 for a couple of years.

I wonder if PC Gamer will pull off that same stunt with people waiting in line for the PS4 (or the Xbox One for that matter)?
That... Sounds kinda dickish of them
Old 2013-07-02, 21:16   Link #650
GDB

I don't see how. Free stuff just to not buy something right now? Unless that something is food, shelter, medicine, or gas, I don't see how it's dickish.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:47   Link #651
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If it's Demon Souls 2 than Namco Bandai will have nothing to do with it since Sony own the Demon Souls IP. Also a Demon Souls 2 released in say 2015 on a PS4 helmed by Miyazaki, the producer of Demon Souls and Dark Souls (he stepped down for DS2...) is "different" enough to Dark Souls 2 released in 2014 for Ps360.
I'm pretty sure that Demon Souls 2 is already in production - the only real questions are which studio is handling the project, and when the release date is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post

I doubt it. The PC platform was in a lot of trouble in 2006, so PC Gamer may have felt a need to publicize it. Now, it's a very different story as indie games have found a huge amount of popularity, crowd-funding like Kickstarter has revitalized some of the old PC genres, and the most popular games in the world live mainly on the PC. PC games have become ever more easy to access while game consoles become more and more like PCs. There's no need to garner cheap publicity when there's already an ever growing audience for the platform.

As an aside, why would the Xbone's media features hold any attraction for PC gamers when they can already do all the featured functions and a lot more besides?
Old 2013-07-03, 17:31   Link #652
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't see how. Free stuff just to not buy something right now?
The implication was that a top-of-the-line PC gaming rig was superior to a PlayStation 3.
Old 2013-07-03, 17:46   Link #653
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Actually the problem is more the fact it's blatant bribing
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 00:50   Link #654
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Got PS+ a few days ago, and Battlefield 3 just appeared as a free download tonight. Sweet!

And Deus Ex disappeared. Good thing I got it before it went off the list.
Old 2013-07-07, 21:48   Link #655
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So apparently, Gamestop close off their PS4 preorders...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616676

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles...cross=B020384M

...lol @ sold out the 'infinite supply'
Old 2013-07-07, 21:49   Link #656
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
So apparently, Gamestop close off their PS4 preorders...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616676

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles...cross=B020384M

...lol @ sold out the 'infinite supply'
You got to be kidding me, I was prepared to preorder it this week!
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 13:50   Link #657
Dextro
He Without a Title

Not everything is perfect with the PS4 sadly. We already know it won't be compatible with the PS3 controllers and now this: The DualShock 4's bright rear-facing light can't be turned off.
Old 2013-07-08, 14:02   Link #658
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Not everything is perfect with the PS4 sadly. We already know it won't be compatible with the PS3 controllers and now this: The DualShock 4's bright rear-facing light can't be turned off.
That does seem worrying since the always rear facing light can possibly be a distraction. I hope that sooner down the light they will either give us a PS4 controller that can allow us to turn off this feature, or don't include it at all. Wishful thinking, but doesn't hurt to be hopeful at some points.
Old 2013-07-08, 14:59   Link #659
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Unless it's so strong a light that you can see its reflection off of the TV screen, I don't think it'll be much a negative aside from being a mostly unnecessary battery drain.
Old 2013-07-08, 15:23   Link #660
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
at least i can use that as my glow stick at night when i cant see anything in the dark.
what a useful feature!