AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-18, 23:08   Link #1
davidlionheartZ

Question What to watch O-o""?

Well i have been watching lotz and lotz of anime but im running out of good animes that i know i will enjoy so i'd like to mention some of the animes that i enjoyed so people can tell me if they can what animes are similar or orginal good just some examples

Hellsing, love hina, full metal alchemist, naruto, one piece!, onegai teacher, GTO (great teacher onizuka), shaman king, full metal panic~!, scrapped princess , almost all of the gundams havent watched the gundam seed on dun ask me why, Big O, cowboy bebop, FCLC, heh there might be more but i cant remember And my all fave ESCAFLOWNE!!!!

Well u might get the idea of which kind of anime i like please i need help anime watcher show me ur excellent judgements Thanx!
Old 2004-09-18, 23:38   Link #2
Ludd
Toune's #1 fan

I suggest The Melody of Oblivion, not just because it's my personal favorite this season, but because it's a very good anime. The music is superb, story kind of has a slow start, great characters, so on and so forth. The best part is, you get it for free. Just download the Rice-Box fansubs. (Group farthest into the anime. They do a great job subbing it, as well.)

Well, I hope you check this out.
Old 2004-09-19, 00:33   Link #3
davidlionheartZ

Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludd
I suggest The Melody of Oblivion, not just because it's my personal favorite this season, but because it's a very good anime. The music is superb, story kind of has a slow start, great characters, so on and so forth. The best part is, you get it for free. Just download the Rice-Box fansubs. (Group farthest into the anime. They do a great job subbing it, as well.)

Well, I hope you check this out.
Sounds good ill try it ^^

Open for more suggestions
Old 2004-09-19, 03:41   Link #4
hooliganj
Team Player

Well, honestly your list is just a lot of really popular shows, so I can't guage your interest all that well from just that. However you did say your all-time favorite was Escaflowne, so...

Slayers Next and Slayers Try are seasons 2 and 3 of the fantasy/comedy/action classic. While season 1 was very funny, it lacked the 'epic' feel to its storyline, so you would probably prefer to skip to the good parts.

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor is a lesser known show that I rate up there with Escaflowne, since it also has a great story, good writing, and wonderful characters with strong development.

You also seem to have enjoyed a variety of Shounen Jump titles (Naruto, One Piece, Shaman King, etc.), so you can't really go wrong checking out Rurouni Kenshin, Hunter X Hunter or Konjiki no Gash Bell!!.
Old 2004-09-19, 04:52   Link #5
7thMethuselah

A good couple of titles are

Chrno Crusade : something of an epic tale in which a girl and a demon team up to get back the girls' brother which is under control of another devil in the years before WW II. I would classify tis anime in the same category as Scrapped Princess. Action, adventure and comedy.

Get Backers : An action-comedy, Ginji and Ban are two guys with special abilities, Ginji can emit electricity from his body like an electric eel, while ban has an evil eye and a very powerfull grip. These guys claim they can get back whatever's lost. Of course their opponents also have their own special abilities, extremely funny, fast-paced action series.

Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex : With the Innocence movie coming up you can't afford to skip this series, set in a near future Japan , where cybernetics are now a common sight, and so are all kinda cyberhackers. GitS:SAC deals with a secret government organisation fighting these people, scifi action.

Wolf's Rain : an end-of-the-world anime in which wolves disguised as humans are said to be able to find and enter paradise, a pack of wolves goes to search for this paradise through the remnants of human civilisation. But they aren't the only ones searching

Shingetsutan Tsukihime : Shiki Tohno sustained a life threatening injury as a child, ever since his injury, he has been seeing lines on objects, and only with a special pair of glasses is he able to stop seeing them. Also he is unable to remember anything well from the time before his accident. However, Shiki holds a huge secret. Then he meets Arcueid who claims he has killed her and in ordor to repay he has to help her ... The story revolves around the mystery surrounding Shiki and his relation with Arcueid, Romance and mystery with a little bit of action.
Old 2004-09-19, 10:17   Link #6
davidlionheartZ

Wink Wwwweeeeeee

Well i just put the ones that i like the most , anywayz
Slayer sound pretty cool, irresponstable capt tylor heard good things bout it, I've started to watch chrno crusade epi 5 ^^ lookz awesome, get backers sounds like the kind of anime i would watch , ghost in the shell sounds like i should check it out, ive kinda seen wolfs rain didnt like it that much dont know why =/, Shingetsutan Tsukihime sounds mysterious i should watch it ^^v.

These should keep me busy for a while thx everyone
if anyone one wanna add anything i'd appreciated thx ^^
Old 2004-09-21, 07:02   Link #7
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
Trigun is hilarious, very deep, extremely moving, and has some cool fighting to boot.

I can't belive you haven't seen Neon Genesis Evangelion. That's an anime cornerstone. One of the most complex and symbolism rife things you'll ever watch. Very good.

The Read or Die TV series. A very strange world in a lot of ways (the British Royal Library had the strongest comando team in the world o_O). Great action and also pretty emotional.
Old 2004-09-21, 09:29   Link #8
RecklessFire

hmm... Project Arms!
Closed Thread