AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-12-27, 15:07   Link #1
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Freeware avi resizing program?

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone knew a good freeware program that would allow me to change the resolution of an avi for burning. I did read alot of the sticky up top in the encoding, but since I am not changing the format of the video I was wondering if there were better programs then the ones mention in the primer. Thnx for any feedback.
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 16:29   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Do you want to resize the resolution of the video or recompress it? VirtualDub or AviSynth (which is a bit more complicated, but works on nearly anything) will allow you to resize the resolution.

Recompressing is something I really can't recommend. Most encoders of anime fansubs are competent enough to make sure the file is already pretty much as small as it can be. If you still try to recompress you will either not gain much or lose a LOT of quality.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 16:49   Link #3
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Well I want to resize it for burning purposes. My dvd player reads all current .avi and associated formats (xvid, divx, etc...). So a few titles have been done in formats bigger then widescreen (my-otome, is the most recent one that I tried to burn that comes to mind). So I guess I would have to recompress the avi back into its original format. I am sorry, I just fairly new to this whole thing though I am a fairly quick study.
I hope for a method that will be easier then the current primers out there cuz they all involve encoding into a dvd format. And most software bundles come with primers and the software to accomplish that. I figure since what I need to do is alot less complicated in theory, there may be alot less complicated method out there :P
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote