AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-17, 13:01   Link #41
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Foreign ips are blocked I think. I was just saying their their predictions are just as bad as the 4chan people

Ah I see!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-17, 13:15   Link #42
magnuskn

No HorribleRaw this time around? It should have been out by now.
Old 2008-07-17, 13:30   Link #43
Teletha

Great episode for a mostly recap

Spoiler:

Diamond Crevasse was pretty... not good. I'll leave it at that. I actually did really like Megumi's cover of What 'bout my star? though, this just didn't work.
Old 2008-07-17, 13:55   Link #44
Key Board
Carbon

we already know that Grace is not human, but can we even say she was manufactured by humans?

something about her just strikes me as very alien
Old 2008-07-17, 14:23   Link #45
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

I'm waiting for the torrented raw

256kbps DSL is not enough :/

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Old 2008-07-17, 14:55   Link #46
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
I see...though I thought that foreign IPs were blocked. If that's not the case, I may join in on the conversations but it seems like they're posting a lot of nonsense (go figure...with 4chan people)
They are, you can still use their boards if you get a Japanese proxy, but they're not keen on foreigners joining in on their discussions.

Edit:

Raws are out apparently.

Not horrible ones either D:

Last edited by Tabris; 2008-07-17 at 15:45.
Old 2008-07-17, 16:17   Link #47
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
Great episode for a mostly recap

Spoiler:

Diamond Crevasse was pretty... not good. I'll leave it at that. I actually did really like Megumi's cover of What 'bout my star? though, this just didn't work.
I have to admit, as a ranka fan, it didnt suit the song. maybe a duet with sheryl would work.
Old 2008-07-17, 16:21   Link #48
ickem
シェリルの為に!

My first thought when Sheryl start's singing What 'bout My Star was kougeki kaishi!
Old 2008-07-17, 16:42   Link #49
Tsuchiro

actually the diamond crevasse is a duet... sheryl sings in the end
Old 2008-07-17, 16:49   Link #50
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
It's hard to hear that part though because of all the talking by the Galaxy people in Grace's head (eek...creepy). Galaxy just keeps getting more freaky.

While I think Ranka's version of What about my star is cute, I don't really think her voice works with Diamond Crevasse at all.

Amusing episode. Especially the Sheryl/Ranka duet for What about my Star. Man, it was funny how they were both trying to one up the other.

Damn Grace and her scheming against Sheryl. She seems very interested in Ranka now too, which is bad for her. Brera is finally going to be more involved, it will be fun seeing Alto's reaction to him. Hehehe...
Old 2008-07-17, 17:11   Link #51
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
Ah, right. Unfortunately, she joins in just as the talking starts up.

Sheryl's earring lights up for a second a bit before the sing off. I wonder why that is?
Old 2008-07-17, 17:26   Link #52
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Ah, right. Unfortunately, she joins in just as the talking starts up.

Sheryl's earring lights up for a second a bit before the sing off. I wonder why that is?
Maybe it's that traditional "anime glimmer" when a character is determined to do something, or is up to mischief.

Disproves : Grace didn't pull a Sharon Apple.

In the story:

- It's a recap/filler episode, but it's still a fun episode.
- ZOMG, there's more than one person inside of Grace! Grace is a crazy lunatic!
- The scene where Sheryl fusses over her hair when Alto rings her is so cute!
- Ranka's popularity is definitely soaring high, possibly overtaking Sheryl's.
- It was an all out (mock) battle between Sheryl and Ranka for Alto's attention. Sheryl was being (cutely?) uncomfortable when she saw how close Alto and Ranka were, though she was at one point genuinely down. In seeing Sheryl take the initiative, Ranka looks defeated but then launches straight into an attack.
- Sheryl and Ranka fight it out for Alto all for the purpose of the recap, but became a friendly duet. Both girls shone LITERALLY in his eyes, the stupid casanova. Yes, the entire sequence is to show what a casanova Alto is.
- "The next Lynn Minmay" : Did I hear right?
- Definitely a filler episode, waiting for the story to go back on track.
Old 2008-07-17, 17:49   Link #53
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

The sing off was brilliantly done. You could see that there was a competition there, but at the same time, you could see that they were good friends.

I just can't watch it without laughing. Sheryl singing into an imaginary mic, the embarrassed reaction when Alto and Sheryl realize that they've locked hands, and then Alto trying to worm his way into the floor when confronted by both girls at once. And here I was, expecting Sheryl to sink into a state of depression over the whole affair.

I heard the Minmay line as well. I wonder if those feeds from Galia-4 came from Grace, seeing that she and Leon seem to be backing Ranka. I can't think of anyone else who could have recorded the incident.
Old 2008-07-17, 18:06   Link #54
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Phew...finally got a chance to see the whole thing (raw is out btw) after that debacle called "KeyHole TV" LOL.

Interesting so Sheryl was really just a "Project"??? Whoa....and a failed one at that. Somehow I was expecting this...actually many of us were.

Oh yeah...Grace is indeed an evil one with several 'voices' in her head. And her pulling a "fast one" on the nurse with Sheryl's blood.

Despite a retrospect on Sheryl and stuff, I still liked this episode. It uncovered what I wanted to know but then again it still left me with even more questions.

LOL, Brera is Ranka's assigned body guard...how rich.

Ugh...my heart goes out to Sheryl once again even from the point where she was reading that idol magazine and yeah, I heard the "Minmey" comment too Hahaha! Hmmm....so Grace will be spending a lot more time with Ranka now...

Loved the sing-off between the two. The duet was nice actually. However everyone was right....this version of "Diamond Crevasse" just failed.

--Lone Wolf
Old 2008-07-17, 18:11   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol @ the ranka fans hoping for sheryl to have a galaxy ending.

as for dc... from the interview with kanno and kawamori about the frontier music available on the gabrillerobin blog by mike1

Quote:
Diamond Crevasse
Kanno: Because I started this song after it was decided May’n would be singing as “song Sheryl,” I wrote this song to make the best use of her voice. I think it expresses very well a manner that is both Sheryl and May’n.
Kawamori: After this song was finished, it was the song most suitable for the ending theme although very sad and vast sounding.
she tailor made this song for may'n, no surprise that megumi can't handle it, doesn't seem to suit her range/style.
Old 2008-07-17, 18:16   Link #56
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol @ the ranka fans hoping for sheryl to have a galaxy ending.

as for dc... from the interview with kanno and kawamori about the frontier music available on the gabrillerobin blog by mike1

she tailor made this song for may'n, no surprise that megumi can't handle it, doesn't seem to suit her range/style.

And there you have it!

Thanks for the info Westlo!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-17, 18:19   Link #57
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I am not going to lie, I feel slightly cheated off this episode.

Yes, there were good points, such as the duet they managed to squeeze in between. Although the first half felt like Flashback 2062

Yeah, Sheryl being a project, can't say I am surprised. Berera on the other hand, is referred to as a Price. We will see how that works out. Of course, the animation gone cheap this time around, as expected after 14. Although the dual just partially fulfilled Alto's wet dream, so I can't really complain that much.

The Galaxy of course, is alive and kicking, but Ranka's versopm of DC was ... terrible.

And urm... fun . . . house.

- Tak (Cmon, DC was for May'n, its her stuff!)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-17, 19:15   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

Flashback 2062 would rock! Anyway I'm at work, someone post som next episode prevew pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Interesting...I just visited 2chan's Macross F thread a few minutes ago and noticed a lot of the Japanese posters are speculating a "Sheryl-death"
After true Tears I can't take 2ch's predictions seriously, before the last episode 90% on the tt threads thought the loser was going to win is just lolz (and after episode 10 90% thought the eventually inner would win... they got suckered hard) and I heard no one there put together the track 32 connection to the winner i made 6 weeks before it ended.
Old 2008-07-17, 19:16   Link #59
magnuskn

So, I just finished the episode ( what happened to HorribleRaws? ), and the dip in animation was again quite noticeable. Especially during the first Sheryl scene in the hospital.

Now, things didnīt went I as had expected, I thought Grace would use her influence with Leon to somehow imprison Sheryl in the hospital, but weīll see what comes of it in the next episode... it has again Sheryl in the hospital.

Ooooh, and mega-cute scene with Klan and Michael... too bad we couldnīt get a few more seconds with that.

I am guessing this episode will be much better with the subs, as most of the interesting stuff was in the dialogue.

As for the triangle, it was mostly even between the two girls, although with more of the Sheryl beatdown continuing.

Ranka gets more famous, "takes" her manager, she ( Sheryl ) gets a cough attack in front of Alto... as far as having "Oh, but he *does* like her" moments Sheryl and Ranka were on equal receiving ends. The sing-off was fantastic, and while I commiserate with Alto, I also want to strangle him for getting two such nice girls fighting publically over him.

Oh, well, I hope he takes the right one for him ( i.e. Sheryl ).

And as everybody else said, Megumis version of Diamond Crevasse sadly was no good. She sung it very flatly in comparison to May'n, I hope it doesnīt get to be the ED for the rest of the season.
Old 2008-07-17, 19:21   Link #60
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Im beginning to think the Galaxy people are up to no good. And Sheryl being the 'Fairy' experiment =/ I wonder what that means.

Well the sing-off was great, as Sheryl gets to 'seduce' Alto a little(until the cough bit)

PS: Me didn't like the Ranka version of Diamond Crevasse >:[