AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 200 81.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 11.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.41%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-02, 19:47   Link #21
takumi2k4

I almost cried manly tears when Kanata appeared!

*sniff*

I can't wait to see the subs tomorrow, I may need some buckets or something.

Can we also get a higher rating for this ep specifically?

I think a 100/10 should suffice.
Old 2007-09-02, 20:21   Link #22
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
I almost cried manly tears when Kanata appeared!

*sniff*

I can't wait to see the subs tomorrow, I may need some buckets or something.

Can we also get a higher rating for this ep specifically?

I think a 100/10 should suffice.
Probably not, if you go around giving extra options to one episode of a single series, you'd have to give them every series, unless it's Shuffle Memories Final Episode with the 11/10 FANSERVICE! option. (sigh...I should probably put in here that I know he's joking, I'm not as stiff as people think I am. Kills half the fun in playing along, that I feel the need to do this though).

I kind of see your point a little though, this episode does certainly seem like it's a standout one, but since most episodes are more or less skewed to the 10 rating right now it's kind of hard to factor this one in as special. I guess it's just kind of going to have to be that way though.

And if you want to see some manly tears, get me in front of a screen and play the ending to Shawshank Redemption. Those are manly tears. Something about people reuniting after a long time always seems to get to me, it's good to see people pick up on old friendships. I just experienced such a thing myself and it was fun.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-09-02 at 20:43.
Old 2007-09-02, 22:50   Link #23
takumi2k4

Heh, I was actually serious when I typed that!

But yeah, I agree that it would be unfair to the other episodes, but if anything, I'm not afraid to call this as the best episode of Lucky Star EVER. Not even Kagamin's false confession can beat this.

But don't hold me on that yet, who knows what'll come up in the final two episodes.
Old 2007-09-02, 22:54   Link #24
aldw

If this episode had shown up before Kanata's vote in Saimoe, it would have been great.
Old 2007-09-03, 00:22   Link #25
krln99

This was like the last ep, an underwhelming first half followed by a stellar 2nd half. The 2nd half really reminded me of a lot of "jun ai" Japanese movies like "Sekai no Chuushin de...," "Ima Ai ni Yukimasu," "Taiyou no Uta," etc.

I think there would be a big demand for a L*S prequel based on Konata's parents if they decided to do one. It would be great if they did it.
Old 2007-09-03, 07:43   Link #26
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

ohh GOOD GOD!!! Kanata's ghost!

Saw the raws and seeing Kanata and how Izumi-jiji and her got together moved me. Probably one of the best ep. Ending to be my most fav since it's all about family and baby Kona-chan is too cute FTW. Extremely Great character development with the father daughter combo of the Izumi's. and YEY!!! No Lucky Channel! Thanks to Burning Minoru. Maybe they'll be back in ep.23? Maybe...

As for the others...well they make L*S what L*S is at it's best.
Old 2007-09-03, 08:48   Link #27
Pracharat

The best episode so far.
Old 2007-09-03, 10:41   Link #28
servidor

Nice episode, it made me wonder, I know that Konata and her mom don't share the same name, but close to it, but do Japanese people have the custon of name their childs after one of the parents like in the West?
Old 2007-09-03, 10:52   Link #29
isteb-isteb
Intergalactic Superhero

haven't seen it yet, only the scans. can't wait for subs. i'm reading suzuka right now so i'm feeling very emo and thus i will give anything emo a perfect 10 at this point.

that, and the fact that i'm in love with lucky star.
Old 2007-09-03, 11:26   Link #30
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
one of the best eps so far, thou i dont think i can call it the best till i watched the chinese subs...and damn they are taking so long @#^@(&^$97
Old 2007-09-03, 13:53   Link #31
takumi2k4

Soft-subs are out!

I cried manly tears today, the background music and that voice of Kanata was just beautiful.

Man, KyoAni definitely deserves a medal or something, they excel in any kind of genre they do. I daresay it, but I believe that this episode can stand up against Byousoku 5CM.

I'm ready to call Lucky Star as the best anime this year. It perfectly balances with comedy and seriousness while still appealing to it's viewers, this really has gotta be the best episode of Lucky Star.

But I wonder, did they explain in the manga or wherever how Kanata died? I know it's possible that the mother can die during child birth while still keeping the baby alive, but obviously, Kanata's alive after child birth. Is it some kind of after effect of pregnancy?

It would be more awesome if Kanata actually lived instead of dying, she's such a dynamic character, I'd love to see how she can keep up with Mr. Lolicon over there.

But yeah, best episode ever, deserves a 9999/10 IMO.
Old 2007-09-03, 15:25   Link #32
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

A rather morbid thought that I have gotten from watching this episode and reading the reviews is... what might befall Konata in her future if she is faced with losing her significant other while having mouths to feed?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-09-03, 15:44   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just watched it again with subs, absolutely lovely. Having something like this in Lucky Star makes it all the more special --- its just not something i expected, though something Kyoani could do, and did do nicely.

Loved it~

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
But I wonder, did they explain in the manga or wherever how Kanata died? I know it's possible that the mother can die during child birth while still keeping the baby alive, but obviously, Kanata's alive after child birth. Is it some kind of after effect of pregnancy?
It looks as though its what you've just said, though she died a few days after giving birth to Konata.

Also i must say, i can't wait for the BGM that was used in the 'back flash scene', so beautiful.
Old 2007-09-03, 16:01   Link #34
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

hardsubs are out
Old 2007-09-03, 16:17   Link #35
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The Kanata moments were very touching. It looks like poor Soujirou still misses her.

It's cute how Yui likes spending money on her younger relatives.

It's funny how alike Misao and Konata are.

Akira and Shiraishi are fired? Too bad.
Old 2007-09-03, 16:17   Link #36
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I would not go as far as calling L*S best anime of the year, the anime and 2007 AD being not over yet and we have yet to see how would it stand a second viewing like two years later; and there are Clannad that is around the corner ;p

But I sure got a lot of good moments while watching it.

The emotional moment with Kanata's mom remind us that KyoAni IS the studio that delivered very good drama with Sousuke struggling between his duty and sentiments in Second Raid, and tear-jerking moments in Air and Kanon 2006.
Old 2007-09-03, 16:52   Link #37
Midonin
Last Engage

"You fail at life either way." Amazing that an episode can have that and Kanata's sweet visit. It was beautiful. A great episode all around, nothing more needs to be said. Or it's all been said already. Loved the Shirashi medley at the end as well.
Old 2007-09-03, 16:59   Link #38
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Hmmm.. I thought they
Spoiler for spoiler:

But it was funny anyway lol.... 10/10 ........ 2 eps left
Old 2007-09-03, 17:03   Link #39
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
As one who have browsed the scanlations then the raws, I was anticipating the appearance of Kanata, especially her visit.
They handled it very well. Unlike the Hiiragi sisters 'drama' or Kagamin's true-fake/fake-true "date", the change in tone did not feel out of place. And way more than cheap sobs and tears as anyone would fear, it gave a deeper insight in Konata's and Sou-kun's relationship as daughter and father.

I was amused by the scenes before, like Misao, I am one who tend to forget what I want to tell to people, shame. Yutaka listening her walkman is "moé", Misao's voice is a pleasure to hear. But, the Kanata's ghostly visit just made me forget those scenes.

Just like I said earlier, it reminds me that it is the KyoAni that left my heart in a mess when Sousuke was the shadow of himself when struck by his inner conflict, when Misuzu met the fate we know, and the sadder portion of Makoto's, Mai's and Shiori's arcs.
Old 2007-09-03, 17:13   Link #40
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

KyoAni uses subtlety well. Their handling of flashback prove potent. The studio knows which moments to capture regarding these emotional scenes. Be it in AIR and Kanon... now that Sheba mentioned it, I start to recall all those heart struck moments. I would expect them to deliver poignant depictions when CLANNAD comes.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Closed Thread