AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-10-31, 04:55   Link #1881
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The PV for episode 18 is out.
Looks like we will get some Suguha fanservice in the form of a shower scene.
DAT PLOT.

So much of it. But yeah it reminds me of the Asuna shower scene in Aria. Sadly never animated hehe.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 05:58   Link #1882
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
DAT PLOT.

So much of it. But yeah it reminds me of the Asuna shower scene in Aria. Sadly never animated hehe.
While watching before I was kinda wanting them to show Asina and Kirito's progress ( Aria)
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 17:25   Link #1883
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Uh...that will ruin the confession
It will actually make it more dramatic rather than ruining the episode
Old 2012-11-01, 07:33   Link #1884
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
It will actually make it more dramatic rather than ruining the episode
Well, I imagine the confession to be teary. Suguha remembering her brother in hospital, sadness on her face and confessing...???

Confession is something like to be happy about and to be embarrassed and such (simply imagine through some manga confession, don't know abt real life. Never confessed and never seen anyone doing yet )
Old 2012-11-01, 10:19   Link #1885
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
Well, I imagine the confession to be teary. Suguha remembering her brother in hospital, sadness on her face and confessing...???

Confession is something like to be happy about and to be embarrassed and such (simply imagine through some manga confession, don't know abt real life. Never confessed and never seen anyone doing yet )
I know it should be like that. But in this case it's a rather tragic or sad kind of confession, not that kind of romantic lovey-dovey full of red-faced one because Suguha loving Kirito like that when we already know he has Asuna with a furthermore note of Suguha being Kirito's cousin is a teary-story one.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:21   Link #1886
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
DAT PLOT.

i have feeling we get some steamy episode

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:42   Link #1887
pyuk.pyuk
ba-ka!

with the things going on in this pace, i wonder if the ending will be rushed?, just hope i wont, it would really spoil the mood.. tss
«the world's unreasonable and unjust wherever you go, otherwise social stratification would not exist in the first place.. so why should i bother playing a SAINT if the world's very setup is already SHIT?, I live by my own rules!!» ~~mirai samejima
pyuk.pyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:48   Link #1888
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyuk.pyuk View Post
with the things going on in this pace, i wonder if the ending will be rushed?, just hope i wont, it would really spoil the mood.. tss
Originally I thought that, but then I re-read ALO.

Assumption: 7 eps remaining (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Spoiler for Just in case:
From my perspective it, more or less fits perfectly now. Although the painfully slow pace of the last couple Eps was annoying.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 01:12   Link #1889
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Originally I thought that, but then I re-read ALO.

Assumption: 7 eps remaining (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Spoiler for Just in case:
From my perspective it, more or less fits perfectly now. Although the painfully slow pace of the last couple Eps was annoying.
SAO is 25 episodes and now is going 1 chapter per episode roughly. So the ending won't be rushed as it's going on a normal pacing.
Old 2012-11-02, 01:41   Link #1890
sky black swordman

Wow, At first people said the pacing was too fast and now it's too slow. How things change and people change.
Old 2012-11-02, 04:32   Link #1891
chancs

Quote:
Wow, At first people said the pacing was too fast and now it's too slow. How things change and people change.
Market volatility dude
Old 2012-11-03, 18:11   Link #1892
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
People complains nevertheless the type of pacing it is.
Old 2012-11-03, 23:34   Link #1893
AP24

Just finished episode 18 and it's very obvious that vol 3's story will end in episode 20. This leaves 5 episodes to cover vol 4.

The length of vol 3 and 4 are roughly the same so the pacing for vol 4's story will be a little faster than for vol 3. Or they will cut out some parts from vol 4 and I'm guessing mostly from chapter 9.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 06:47   Link #1894
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
People complains nevertheless the type of pacing it is.
The eternal truth Every Anime has:

1) Bad Pacing
2) Bad Animation
3) Not enough Character Development
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 08:26   Link #1895
Znail

Quote:
I know it should be like that. But in this case it's a rather tragic or sad kind of confession, not that kind of romantic lovey-dovey full of red-faced one because Suguha loving Kirito like that when we already know he has Asuna with a furthermore note of Suguha being Kirito's cousin is a teary-story one.
Cousin isn't really a problem though as they could get married if they wanted to. And it's not only Japan that allows this, but almost all of EU and like 11 states in the US alows cousins to marry. And note that this means you can get married to your cousin no matter where you live in the US, all you need to do is take a trip to the state that alows it and do the cermony there and then you are legally married no matter where you live in the US after that.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 10:13   Link #1896
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Cousin isn't really a problem though as they could get married if they wanted to. And it's not only Japan that allows this, but almost all of EU and like 11 states in the US alows cousins to marry. And note that this means you can get married to your cousin no matter where you live in the US, all you need to do is take a trip to the state that alows it and do the cermony there and then you are legally married no matter where you live in the US after that.
True. But it's still not accepted as openly as it looks like, many people still looks at it as a taboo thing. Also I think most anime operates on the basis of cousins marriage is a no-no and SAO is one of those animes. So yeah in this regard the confession could be counted as a sad-dramatic scene.
Old 2012-11-04, 11:00   Link #1897
Znail

Quote:
True. But it's still not accepted as openly as it looks like, many people still looks at it as a taboo thing. Also I think most anime operates on the basis of cousins marriage is a no-no and SAO is one of those animes. So yeah in this regard the confession could be counted as a sad-dramatic scene.
No I don't agree. Kirito is obviously stuck on Asuna, but it's not like Suguha has any qualms about trying to get the romantic attention of her cousin.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 11:34   Link #1898
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
No I don't agree. Kirito is obviously stuck on Asuna, but it's not like Suguha has any qualms about trying to get the romantic attention of her cousin.
In this point(notably Suguha's first confession), it should still be noted that the cousin love is a no-no. As the story progresses until where the LN are, that no-no turn to a rivalry love. Also at first Suguha also has qualms about her feelings towards Kirito. So the effect of the scene should be seen as a progressing wise, not a one-time judgement value.
Old 2012-11-04, 23:21   Link #1899
kyp275
Meh

One thing I've been thinking since I last re-read the end of fairy dance, I wonder how they will adapt the Kirito/Asuna scene in the hospital at the end. Will we get a shriveled -up Asuna like we did with Kirito?(probably not, judging from how she looked in ep.15).

One of the things that really struck a chord with me was how Kirito hears Asuna's real voice for the first time, which for me kinda brings the whole thing full-circle, and really drove home the point that their ordeal had finally come to an end(for now anyway ). The fact that Asuna was so frail in that scene only made it more touching.

Unfortunately I doubt either of those will really be in the anime version, the voice bit is simply practicality, they' can't simply swap the VA of the main heroine out of nowhere, and I doubt they're going to really show a sickly Asuna, oh well.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 07:35   Link #1900
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The eternal truth Every Anime has:

1) Bad Pacing
2) Bad Animation
3) Not enough Character Development
I don't agree with that....for SAO and also many others