AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-03-04, 16:30   Link #1041
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanar View Post
So can someone tell me how good Gaim is atm? I still have to finish Wizard, and I don't have a strength to do that. After Yugo's incident everything there started to bore me.
If you've seen Wizard's "All Dragon" arc, you can pretty much put it aside to watch it any later time. That was the highlight of the series and nothing after that even came close, except for the last two episodes but those are actually after Wizard's plot is essentially over and serve as the Hesei Rider's 15th anniversary.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 18:58   Link #1042
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
So can someone tell me how good Gaim is atm?
Definitely good right now. I could even say that Gaim is on its way to become the best series of the post-Decade era, and one of the best series of the entire Heisei era.
Old 2014-03-05, 03:06   Link #1043
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Gaim is quite gripping and I find it interesting. It's never boring.

Of course it helps that being an orange, Kouta is far more fun than Haruto, who's a plain sugar doughnut.

Also the preview teasers. Holy shit, Showa Riders vs Heisei Riders. And then, if that wasn't enough, who's playing Ichigo? That's right, FUJIOKA HIROSHI HIMSELF.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 09:50   Link #1044
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Meh. Now I wish Urobuchi could had written Decade.

Hope that his collarboration with Kamen Rider will last long!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 11:36   Link #1045
Vahanar
Disabled By Request

So I just finished two episodes of the Gaim and I can already tell it's better than Wizard. It feels a bit like a Blade.

That second Mai's an interesting matter too. As for Yuuya...I see two options for him: either he will return as a Kamen Rider, or he was this Inves from the first episode.

I like costumes a lot too. Especially this 'White Rider' has an awesome one.

Generally it was good idea to drop Wizard for this.
Vahanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 21:28   Link #1046
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
So I just finished two episodes of the Gaim and I can already tell it's better than Wizard. It feels a bit like a Blade.

That second Mai's an interesting matter too. As for Yuuya...I see two options for him: either he will return as a Kamen Rider, or he was this Inves from the first episode.

I like costumes a lot too. Especially this 'White Rider' has an awesome one.

Generally it was good idea to drop Wizard for this.

Spoiler for Yuuya:
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 03:41   Link #1047
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I still don't understand how the heck Gen managed to condense all that was awesome about Kamen Rider, add his flavors, use SINGLE EPISODE ARCs (meaning he has to work DOUBLE of every Heisei Rider series director so far), and still throw in so much craziness with deep multidimensional characters?!
Old 2014-03-09, 04:14   Link #1048
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I still don't understand how the heck Gen managed to condense all that was awesome about Kamen Rider, add his flavors, use SINGLE EPISODE ARCs (meaning he has to work DOUBLE of every Heisei Rider series director so far), and still throw in so much craziness with deep multidimensional characters?!
Well to be fair, Urobuchi Gen is just the writer, not the director of the series. The director is actually Tazaki Ryuta, who was director for all the really dark and serious Kamen Rider series since the Showa era. I'd actually hesitate to give most of the credit to Gen, but he probably did a lot to clean up the character development and concepts.

Many of the earlier Heisei-era series also had single-episode arcs, but what I do like about Gaim is that it's the first Kamen Rider series ever to break the monster-of-the-week formula. I mean, it's still somewhat there, but the attention has very much been shifted away from that in favor of fights between kamen riders.(even moreso than Kamen Rider Ryuki did)
Old 2014-03-10, 00:13   Link #1049
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
Well to be fair, Urobuchi Gen is just the writer, not the director of the series. The director is actually Tazaki Ryuta, who was director for all the really dark and serious Kamen Rider series since the Showa era. I'd actually hesitate to give most of the credit to Gen, but he probably did a lot to clean up the character development and concepts.

Many of the earlier Heisei-era series also had single-episode arcs, but what I do like about Gaim is that it's the first Kamen Rider series ever to break the monster-of-the-week formula. I mean, it's still somewhat there, but the attention has very much been shifted away from that in favor of fights between kamen riders.(even moreso than Kamen Rider Ryuki did)
Putting Gen and Ryouta on the same project...

...no wonder Gaim is Rider Heaven.
Old 2014-03-11, 10:29   Link #1050
GDB

Good episode this week. You can almost see the gears turning in Micchy's head at the end. The only question is whether he's going to set his sights on Sid or Kouta.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 11:50   Link #1051
Galaxian

Right now the only true ally Kouta has is KR Knuckles, every other Rider is, directly or indirectly, aligned with Yggdrasil.
Old 2014-03-11, 12:39   Link #1052
GDB

Yeah, it's pretty funny since Knuckles looked like he was going to be Kaito's ally, but he's an actual hero of the people. I hope he gets a new lock seed soon though, the knuckles just aren't really doing it for me. I think it's the stark color contrast/clashing. Plus, it's a weak seed. Get at least a level 4 seed, man.
Old 2014-03-11, 12:44   Link #1053
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, it's pretty funny since Knuckles looked like he was going to be Kaito's ally, but he's an actual hero of the people. I hope he gets a new lock seed soon though, the knuckles just aren't really doing it for me. I think it's the stark color contrast/clashing. Plus, it's a weak seed. Get at least a level 4 seed, man.
That's one of the problems I have with shows like this, and anime too.

Zack is the only Rider who is actively patrolling the city in search for Inves and he's looking out for every Beat Rider, not just Team Gaim and Team Baron, so why doesn't Kouta give him either the Pineapple or Strawberry Locks which he never uses it? It would allow Zack to do a much better job as the Beat Rider's guardian and let Kouta focus more on the Yggdrasil issue.
Old 2014-03-11, 13:40   Link #1054
GDB

Yeah, seriously. Not like he'll ever use Strawberry again, since its only redeeming feature was a ranged weapon, and now that he has energy arms he has a vastly stronger bow and arrow.
Old 2014-03-11, 18:29   Link #1055
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Remember Kamen Rider Ray from Ryuki? That dude died pretty quick. Good man as tertiary Rider never last long.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 19:13   Link #1056
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I'm becoming intrigued about this "Scalar System" and "Project Ark". And looks like the so-called Overlord Inves has made its appearance.
Old 2014-03-12, 12:37   Link #1057
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
I'm becoming intrigued about this "Scalar System" and "Project Ark". And looks like the so-called Overlord Inves has made its appearance.
Scalar System is the ring around Yggdrasil Tower ready ready to destroy the entire city if Heilheim's invasion suddenly spikes and gets out of control.

Project Ark, according to spoiler, is the mass production of Sengoku Drivers so that the people who Yggdrasil chooses will survive the incoming invasion.
Old 2014-03-16, 21:32   Link #1058
GDB

Amazing episode. And yeah, this episode confirmed what Project Ark is to mass produce the Sengoku Drivers so that one in seven people (based on their production schedule) can survive. Also seems like each Raiment has a special power. Cherry had super speed, but we never really saw anything unique from Lemon, so I assume it was either enhanced offense or defense (if it's one of these, I'd assume offense, with Melon likely being defense), or just all around "higher stats", from a video game perspective.

Kouta also totally punked Yoko. It was great. And Takatora brain-f***ed Kouta.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:19   Link #1059
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Wow, what an episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-03-17, 07:26   Link #1060
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And Takatora brain-f***ed Kouta.
...and it'll come back and bite his @$$ next episode.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu