AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-07-11, 06:08   Link #1021
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I just finished watching 1-14. Man, what a thrill ride! I tried the first ep when it started in April but too much gore for me. I drop it then out of boredom, I pick it up again. My stomach grew stronger after a few ep so I am kind of OK now.
You would probably die watching End of Evangelion.
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 11:55   Link #1022
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I was just listening to the English version of the Claymore ED, and I just thought that Claymore is one of those series that can probably be remade by Hollywood without too much butchering. There's no de-Asianization process required, and there's plenty of tall blondes to play the Claymores. CG Yomas can be created realistically, and a kick-ass score is possible.

But they're probably going to butcher the plot and and make Raki the main character (as an adult of course..). Some corny love story will be introduced and all the Yoma-nudity will be removed. Nah, probably a bad idea, like all other Hollywood adaptation of, anything actually.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 15:22   Link #1023
Echoes

I don't think Claymore is fit to be a movie with real actors, all the special effects would put a damper on the action and storyline, I think.
Old 2007-07-16, 15:24   Link #1024
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I was just listening to the English version of the Claymore ED, and I just thought that Claymore is one of those series that can probably be remade by Hollywood without too much butchering. There's no de-Asianization process required, and there's plenty of tall blondes to play the Claymores. CG Yomas can be created realistically, and a kick-ass score is possible.

But they're probably going to butcher the plot and and make Raki the main character (as an adult of course..). Some corny love story will be introduced and all the Yoma-nudity will be removed. Nah, probably a bad idea, like all other Hollywood adaptation of, anything actually.
The best we can hope for is to have an japanese action series of claymore. The only draw back is that that japanese actresses with bleached blond hair and silver colored eyes somehow don't look very convincing like claymores, since the claymores in the manga and anime look more like european girls.

Also imagening those slender girls waving around bigass claymore swords brings a smile to my face (I will still watch of course)
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 15:35   Link #1025
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
The best we can hope for is to have an japanese action series of claymore. The only draw back is that that japanese actresses with bleached blond hair and silver colored eyes somehow don't look very convincing like claymores, since the claymores in the manga and anime look more like european girls.

Also imagening those slender girls waving around bigass claymore swords brings a smile to my face (I will still watch of course)
There are some actress who maybe able to pull it off, but not many. I don't think anyone in Japan is even seriously considering making a live-action Claymore. The world is based on medieval Europe and all the Claymores are classical tall Nordic Amazon types. Not even a typical Hollywood actress can pull them off. But it's interesting to think who would.... Maybe someone like Scarlett Johansson, but I wonder if she's tall enough. Nah, you know what, it'll just ended up like looking like a bunch of dumb blonde Playboy bunnies in cosplay armor.
Old 2007-07-16, 21:19   Link #1026
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist

If Quentin Tarantino were to direct a claymore movie, I think it would turn out to be pretty amazing and probably will stay close to the original anime or manga series. He did afterall direct Kill Bill, a great movie with two blondes that can actually wield a sword and kick ass. Those two blondes from Kill Bill would make perfect claymores.
xVxObliVioNxVx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 21:31   Link #1027
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVxObliVioNxVx View Post
If Quentin Tarantino were to direct a claymore movie, I think it would turn out to be pretty amazing and probably will stay close to the original anime or manga series. He did afterall direct Kill Bill, a great movie with two blondes that can actually wield a sword and kick ass. Those two blondes from Kill Bill would make perfect claymores.
Hmmm, not a bad idea... but it's not quirky enough for him.. the only director I trust with the source material is Peter Jackson... hope he's a manga fan too! But Uma Thurman... boy that's a great choice! Who would she play though? Hmmm... I'd like to say Teresa but some vibe's not the same. Maybe Galatea? She's not a Clare to me definately...
Old 2007-07-16, 21:45   Link #1028
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Uma Thurman = Miria
And Tarantino or bust. This already has some of his flavor in it, like the super-slow-motion effect when Clare slashed Elena and Teresa embracing Clare amidst a circle of mutilated bodies, and he can only make this rock more.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 22:02   Link #1029
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
The thought of a Quentin Tarantino-directed Claymore live action movie does whet my appetite a little...
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 22:21   Link #1030
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
The thought of a Quentin Tarantino-directed Claymore live action movie does whet my appetite a little...
But guys, he's never done fantasy... it's film noir or exploitation movies for him. All modern stuff. He'll do a great fight scene but I have doubt he'll have any desire to do something like Claymore. I sure would love it but there's very little chance. The man made just 5 and a half movies his entire career. Personally I still rather see Peter Jackson.
Old 2007-07-16, 22:46   Link #1031
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
But guys, he's never done fantasy... it's film noir or exploitation movies for him. All modern stuff. He'll do a great fight scene but I have doubt he'll have any desire to do something like Claymore. I sure would love it but there's very little chance. The man made just 5 and a half movies his entire career. Personally I still rather see Peter Jackson.
H'm but I am afraid that if Pete Jackson would do Claymore he would take his pet actor who played frodo in LOTR with him to play Raki.. that would be the ultimate lose scenario...
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 00:30   Link #1032
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
H'm but I am afraid that if Pete Jackson would do Claymore he would take his pet actor who played frodo in LOTR with him to play Raki.. that would be the ultimate lose scenario...
Dude, you have me LOL for real man. I... I can't say that won't happen, but man making Raki a gay midget would be a major lose.... Everyone would be laughing
Spoiler for Spoiler just in case...:
Old 2007-07-17, 11:21   Link #1033
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist

Well another good option for a director would be Robert Rodriguez. He directed Sin City, a perfect adoption of the original comic series. Everything, the tone, the story, the characters, the atmosphere was perfectly adopted to a film. The only downside, is that he is more of a modern-film director then a fantasy-film director. But some fantasy should do some good for his career. :P

BTW, what do you guys think of the Harry Potter actor playing Rakki? Too british, lol?
Old 2007-07-17, 15:52   Link #1034
Echoes

"BTW, what do you guys think of the Harry Potter actor playing Rakki? Too british, lol?"

Hahahaha, don't you dare! I'd strangle him myself, I would.
Old 2007-07-17, 16:46   Link #1035
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
"BTW, what do you guys think of the Harry Potter actor playing Rakki? Too british, lol?"

Hahahaha, don't you dare! I'd strangle him myself, I would.
Nah, Radcliff is a bit too nerdy to be Raki. Raki is a hardened orphan who's seen countless deaths by now.... not right. Someone with more edge.

About the British part.. actually I picture ALL of them speaking cockney if they spoke English.. make the Claymores even sexier to me.
Old 2007-07-17, 17:33   Link #1036
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Just another thought.. I finally realize what Claymores reminded me of: Female Knights of Five Star Stories like Aisha Codante. The way they stand, dress, and behave is all very knight-like, and the fact they're all slender, tall women with tight-fitting clothing really matches well with FSS's art style. Perhaps FSS was an inspiration?

The only real difference was the way the bodies was shaped - FSS manga-ka Nagano was a fashion designer so he liked flat chested girls - almost all his Fatimas were like that. The human knights were more curvey, but I don't remember anyone as well, defined, as Teresa. Norihito Nagi draws women with more meat on them, for sure.
Old 2007-07-17, 17:47   Link #1037
Riful
Of The West

Noo, the series is called "Claymore" - they HAVE to speak with a scottish accent

Uma Thurman would be a good choice for Miria I think - in my head she has that "tough woman leader" image, thanks to kill bill ...

Else ... Anna Tsuchiya as Clare or maybe Helen? She might be a bit small (dunno how tall she is), but she has a strong and kind of tomboy character while being extraordinary beautiful at the same time. And blonde hair also fits her well.
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 18:12   Link #1038
guess

I think the biggest problem of making a Claymore movies is the casting of actresses. Where are you going to find 47 tall, blonde, slender, and gorgeous women who are perfect for every role?
Old 2007-07-17, 19:20   Link #1039
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist

Well they don't all have to blonde. You can always find a burnette and dye her hair blonde.

Like Angelina Jolly. She would be perfect as Ophilia...maybe.
Old 2007-07-18, 20:30   Link #1040
Echoes

Maybe, but perfect in human standards hardly lives up the Claymores.