AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 15 16.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 21.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 18.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.40%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.10%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-19, 03:21   Link #21
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
am i the only one who dont like Minorin's character and personality at all in here?

More TAIGA AND RYuJI please.

I wonder when Ryuji and Taiga going to develop a feeling for each other?
It's nice to know that there is a little depth to a character like Minorin. It would be better not to have it though, as disliking her would be more bearable.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-10-19, 04:35   Link #22
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

watched the ep 3 just now
Ill have to give mangalowres a big big Thanks for
recommending me this anime TSANKYOU!
Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2008-10-19, 05:20   Link #23
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
holy cow!! toradora got a sub-forum?!

oh well, someone please teach Taiga how to ride a bike. It's too unbearable
Old 2008-10-19, 09:38   Link #24
pparker

I have hopes for this series, but so far it's not so much the whole thing, as its moments that are keeping me watching. The expressions on Taiga in ep 03 were classic, as when Ryu forces the smile on her face (I can see the animators LOLing over that one even), and in the Found You! moment in the shed window.

And yes, I am a Minori-lover. I would take her home in a second and just hope I had the energy to keep up. Not that I think she will turn out to be that simple a character, however... and I know nothing more about the story than the anime eps.

The one-note tsun of Taiga is very, very not-amusing or entertaining. I definitely heard Shana and Louise's voice this time, and non-stop slapstick violence from Taiga (as in, Louise) just gets old. I hope the show more generally maintains a balance like in ep 02.
Old 2008-10-19, 11:06   Link #25
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
am i the only one who dont like Minorin's character and personality at all in here?

I'm not so much as disliking her character, but generally I'm just not interested. Watching Taiga and Ryuuji interactions are much more fun.

"FOUND YOU!"

Quote:
The one-note tsun of Taiga is very, very not-amusing or entertaining. I definitely heard Shana and Louise's voice this time, and non-stop slapstick violence from Taiga (as in, Louise) just gets old. I hope the show more generally maintains a balance like in ep 02.
Ryuuji has a lot of daydreaming this time, too...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-10-19, 11:28   Link #26
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Crap...I can't believe that this series got a subforum
Spoiler:
Poking people in the eyes is not normal. If the females in your vicinity act like that, get help. To say nothing of her motives. So what if he likes to look at the girl he has a crush on? What's it to Taiga?
Old 2008-10-19, 11:30   Link #27
BigGimp77

Yay for a sub-forum I think the anime deserves it thus far.

Another good episode. It's nice to see Minorin's personalty come out. I wanna see some more of her back story it sounds interesting.
Old 2008-10-19, 11:43   Link #28
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:

Don't worry, me too. I find her quite anoying, always cheerful with no apparent reason makes her look like a retard, and I personally dislike her VA. But Ryuji's coment about her being scared even when smiling gives the possibility of a deeper development for her, what would probably make me like her more.
Old 2008-10-19, 15:41   Link #29
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
Don't worry, me too. I find her quite anoying, always cheerful with no apparent reason makes her look like a retard, and I personally dislike her VA. But Ryuji's coment about her being scared even when smiling gives the possibility of a deeper development for her, what would probably make me like her more.
I'm kind of with you there because we've seen characters like Minori in anime before who are super happy/hyper for no particular reason, but the fact she works 5 different jobs + school clubs just because she has nothing else to do, is just moronic.
Old 2008-10-19, 16:42   Link #30
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
pparker, if you want less of 'Louise' then pray that they would not be doing fillers/anime original episodes, since if they will they will make Taiga into Louise as they have zero talent of creating scenes by themselves that would match the original story and characters... Thats why this Taiga is overboard even if we compare to other tsun moments in manga or novels... It's just JC Staff style - they know Louise and they will put her back in at opportunity as such character is very suitable for comedy and dont require much brains, it sucks at serious plot or drama, but fillers are almost always about non-important, comedy-like stuff anyway.

I never liked this part of Taiga in novels - basically that she is messing with Ryyuji's love interest and doesnt allow him to get close to her. The reason is taht until she solves her own love life Ryuuji is not allowed to start anything with Minori and she'll do anything to sabotage it.

Like a dog on the pile of hay - it can't eat it but won't let you get near it anyway. She becomes less selfish later on. But she is rather selfish at this point. Even Louise's selfishness looks smaller since at least she loved Saito and unwillingness to let anyone near him was because of that... But Taiga doesn't really like Ryuuji and still doesn't let him get near Minorin because she is selfish like that - 'if i don't have successful love life - then I wont let you to have one either!'
Old 2008-10-19, 17:53   Link #31
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah Taiga is a fusion between Louise and Shana. I still enjoy the show though but I hope something will make Taiga develop better.
Old 2008-10-19, 17:58   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Poking people in the eyes is not normal. If the females in your vicinity act like that, get help. To say nothing of her motives. So what if he likes to look at the girl he has a crush on? What's it to Taiga?
Could be a lot worse...like constantly having your balls being knocked up to your stomach

Plus this is probably the only fault I can give her in the episode outsides of being "normal" (unless you are thinking of something like having her to not be jealous, which is impossible), though damn me if I missed out more.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-10-19, 18:44   Link #33
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Taiga isnt jealous, not of Ryuuji. At this point the only thing she can be jealous of is the relationship itself but not for Ryuuji since she doenst see him in a romantic light...Which is what makes her meddling rather annoying and selfish. (one could understand if she would like Ryuuji then she would switch into Jealous Louise mode looking at every girl as a potential threat, however this is not the case here).
Old 2008-10-19, 19:06   Link #34
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I know that...she isn't jealous of Ryuji because his interests is somewhere other than her, but rather she is jealous of his "progressing" relationship with Minori and how HE is having fun whilst her love is still stuck a few centuries back

Sheesh...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-10-19, 20:20   Link #35
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Taiga isnt jealous, not of Ryuuji. At this point the only thing she can be jealous of is the relationship itself but not for Ryuuji since she doenst see him in a romantic light...Which is what makes her meddling rather annoying and selfish. (one could understand if she would like Ryuuji then she would switch into Jealous Louise mode looking at every girl as a potential threat, however this is not the case here).
Wah... Didn't know that she would be this selfish.

I was thinking that it was because Ryuuji was acting awkward, and because Taiga is rather physical, that translates into her beating Ryuuji up. (like how some people would keep it quiet, others would say it out, and she's a special case)

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-10-19, 20:34   Link #36
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
pparker, if you want less of 'Louise' then pray that they would not be doing fillers/anime original episodes, since if they will they will make Taiga into Louise as they have zero talent of creating scenes by themselves that would match the original story and characters... Thats why this Taiga is overboard even if we compare to other tsun moments in manga or novels... It's just JC Staff style - they know Louise and they will put her back in at opportunity as such character is very suitable for comedy and dont require much brains, it sucks at serious plot or drama, but fillers are almost always about non-important, comedy-like stuff anyway.
Yeah, I'm noticing this tendency for them to pile on the tsun. And I don't understand it, because the other characters were fine, and the story wasn't half bad. Whatever the reason (I haven't read the novels for either series), that practice pretty much ruined ZnT for me by season three. I'm a big Shana fan, obviously, and I like Hayate no Gotoku as well, so I'm fairly disappointed in this show. In fact, I'm close to liking Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka better than Toradora! now because Kugimiya's Yuuhi Katagiri character has almost none of her past tsunderes in it, and she is much more likeable.
Old 2008-10-19, 21:23   Link #37
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
I know that...she isn't jealous of Ryuji because his interests is somewhere other than her, but rather she is jealous of his "progressing" relationship with Minori and how HE is having fun whilst her love is still stuck a few centuries back

Sheesh...
It's kind of because of that I don't really care for the episode that much. It sets the tone for what will happen with this trio and doesn't feel too enjoyable. I hope a lot more interesting dialogue from the new characters to be introduced and hopefully so more time for Kitamura.
Old 2008-10-20, 02:07   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Sheesh...
Watching her from afar is not making his relationship progress. Hell, if all she wants is to watch Kitamura from afar, no one's stopping her.
Old 2008-10-20, 02:50   Link #39
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Good to see that Toradora got its own forum. But ep 3 wasen't anything less or more than I expected from the episode.
Old 2008-10-20, 04:02   Link #40
psycopomp
yeah!!!!

I like the 3rd episode!!!Its P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!!
Closed Thread