Nice Work Zas-Chan
I really Like these avatars ^o^
+Cookies
Old 2009-04-25, 14:32   Link #182
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrestea View Post
I'll have to rep you for these, I tried making some myself but failed miserably.
Mind if I snag the 4th from the left?
Go ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Nice Work Zas-Chan
I really Like these avatars ^o^
+Cookies
Thanks Chaos ^^

Also to add something to the subbing quality debate. I usually go for the fansubbers who give the most literal translation and that mostly makes it sound kinda weird in English. But it's good if you wanna learn new words, well if you want to at all. Some fansubbers completely change the wording, dattebayo included. But since they are the fastest, I'll stick to them ^^
Old 2009-04-25, 15:50   Link #183
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Subbing: When it comes to Japanese (and any other language other than English), I am completely illiterate. So, personally, I prefer a translation that has more proper English, rather than stick to the exact literal translation, which often bugs me with its awkward wordings. But what are the problems with Dattebayo? Although I might just check out SS-Y (Shinsen-Yursei joint) sub to see if it has any better quality, most likely with SS it does.

@Zaseka: Awesome GIFs!! 8Dbb Was going to make some myself when I have time.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 18:57   Link #184
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, like I said before, I don't download (I don't know how ) and the sites I use just put up the fastest sub, datteybayo in this case. So unless the sub is really, REALLY bad I just go with the easiest one to find.
So! More on topic, out of curiosity, does anyone know how many episodes this series will be? I has the material for a 24 episode series but I don't know if that's Studio Deen's style...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 15:18   Link #185
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Those GIF avatars are awesome, i might just have to steal the Teito and Frau ones!

Also, on the sub debate, I'm following L-I-F, which is a very new group of currently two people, but as far as I can tell their translations are really good because the translator already has familiarity with the series.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 01:55   Link #186
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Ep 3 is interesting, but I must say that those nuns are adorable.

Scratch that, Lazett came over in ep4 and took over the adorability of the series. The nuns are just regular moe characters now.

Spoiler for ep 4:
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 11:16   Link #187
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Scratch that, Lazett came over in ep4 and took over the adorability of the series. The nuns are just regular moe characters now.

Spoiler for ep 4:
What Mikage did was totally awesome. His family brought him up well.

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Spoiler for ep.4:

Last edited by orion; 2009-04-29 at 22:24.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 14:23   Link #188
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Orion:

Spoiler:

Next episode will be a tear fest on my part. Poor Teito, but what will be will be. Although....

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-29, 14:47   Link #189
11strikes
before midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
On a positive note...Castor is haaawwwttt....
Anime Castor is incredibly attractive, as opposed to so-so manga Castor. Maybe it's the hair color, or the improved consistency of the lines. Is anyone else as stunned as I am? I was not a fan of this character until the anime.

On the other hand, Frau seems slightly less hot in the anime than in the manga. Or maybe that's just because he's standing next to Castor half the time. But seriously, apart from the last shot of Frau smoking in the OP, he just looks a little plastic with that awkward shock of blond hair. Is it just me? Feel free to disagree. Also, I seriously cannot stop hearing Atobe Keigo when I hear this seiyuu. I keep waiting for Frau to cover his face with his hand and yell, "INSIGHT!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Looking very much forward to Hakuren. Very much indeed, judging by his voice from the second trailer and then my TeitoxHakuren fangirling can begin!.
I ADORE Hakuren, and I cannot wait for his anime appearance. Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch from Code Geass, Watanuki from xxxHolic) will be voicing him. He is so much more interesting than Mikage imo, and yeah, I can see the appeal of TeitoxHakuren. Eventually there's an element of real equality there that just isn't present in FrauxTeito.
11strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 14:53   Link #190
orion

Quote:
@Orion:

Spoiler:
Thank goodness I'm an anime watcher but I did do a stroll to the dark side...

Spoiler for manga:

But if I didn't do that stroll before reading your reply, I really would have been pissed with that reply. You know. Be nice to the anime only watchers.
Old 2009-04-29, 16:56   Link #191
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well I am now happy, I have had my weekly does of 07 GHOST. Very good, very good, but it almost looks like the next episode will be a filler. Tetio running around after a Kor doesn't ring a bell with the next manga chapter for me (okay well, running on the side of building, I don't think Tetio is awesome enough to be able to do that yet, lol). I really hope not though, they certainly have enough material already for a 24 episode series so hopefully it was just the pictures in the trailer than looked off to me.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 19:00   Link #192
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@11: Very right you are. TeitoxMikage is only awesome in the beginning, but afterwards TeitoxHakuren is much more appealing.

@Orion:

I'm sorry. But you know, you wouldn't have the anime if it wasn't for the manga, so diss the manga you practically are dissing the anime.

Also...

Spoiler for for manga:

@Wandering: It may just be the preview images. Next episode looked like what happens in the manga is supposed to happen. But if the tear fest doesn't start next episode, it's definately in episode 6. They can't get around it.
Old 2009-04-29, 19:39   Link #193
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
@Orion:

I'm sorry. But you know, you wouldn't have the anime if it wasn't for the manga, so diss the manga you practically are dissing the anime.
I think you misunderstood Orion.

Don't mention anything at all spoilerish about the manga, since many here may be anime-only watchers and most do not want to be spoiled by us manga readers. If one must post something manga-related put it in spoiler tags and make it a clear warning that whatever is under that spoiler tag is manga-related material.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 20:52   Link #194
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Sorry, I'll do that.

How did I misunderstand her? She called the manga "the dark side" which equals calling it evil even though it's the same thing as the anime, so why diss the manga?
Old 2009-04-29, 20:57   Link #195
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
How did I misunderstand her? She called the manga "the dark side" which equals calling it evil even though it's the same thing as the anime, so why diss the manga?
Tut e tu, orion is a 07-Ghost anime watcher who doesn't want to be spoiled by the manga since you know... Quite a lot of people want to feel the excitement of watching the anime adaptation without knowing the events that are going to happen from the manga. It's just like Clannad people spoiling the game (particularly AS)'s storyline in, episode 19 thread or somewhere.

Hence "dark side"=Spoiler from the manga/original version. Simple misunderstanding

P.S: Oh Labrador... I know you are a harakuro in the deepest of your mind... Now just release your true personality with that Miyata Kouki's Benkei's voice and I will be a happy HaraKuro fangirl damnit! :E

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 22:08   Link #196
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Tut e tu, orion is a 07-Ghost anime watcher who doesn't want to be spoiled by the manga since you know... Quite a lot of people want to feel the excitement of watching the anime adaptation without knowing the events that are going to happen from the manga. It's just like Clannad people spoiling the game (particularly AS)'s storyline in, episode 19 thread or somewhere.

Hence "dark side"=Spoiler from the manga/original version. Simple misunderstanding

P.S: Oh Labrador... I know you are a harakuro in the deepest of your mind... Now just release your true personality with that Miyata Kouki's Benkei's voice and I will be a happy HaraKuro fangirl damnit! :E

Actually the "dark side" was going to wiki. Sometimes you just can't help it.

But yeah, even if I was totally inaccurate in my guessing, it's better for me to find out on my own unless I ask to be spoiled.

Not dissing the manga by the way. I was intending to buy it when I get more money and 1st season ends.

Speaking of Clannad AS, the first season (Clannad) OP animation actually spoils some of AS if you look real hard. But not too many noticed.

The Munto TV thread is worse. It's like "Thank you for spoiling the movie before it even gets on DVD or shaky cam footage and released as a torrent."

But for Mikage, I still say

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Last edited by orion; 2009-04-29 at 22:25.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 23:54   Link #197
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Same thing though... Wiki=Spoiler maniac I'm still upset getting spoiled by it just because I clicked a wrong link when I watched Here, Now and Then or something like that :/

And Mikage is already getting crazy amount of deathflags that if he were to avoid death it would like, Oh My GOD! He is alive?! O_o; () (Well, he is going to... But still~ Manga spoiler is forbidden here D; )

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 00:53   Link #198
akumakage

Finished watching all four eps. I must say I don't usually watch animes that don't have at least one female be it main or secondary, and this series so far has done alright. Its been bumpy but alright. At 1st I got the naruto/sasuke vibe type of relationship but its gradually changing and wut it seem to portray is beyond just a friendship imo. Maybe its because of the lack of female or I'm mis-interpreting the translation or simply I'm over thinking, whichever the case its the 1st bi-sho....um... I mean very close male relationship I have ever seen.

I'm kinda in conflict with myself and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me, is the director trying to warn us that this is a bi-shounen series in the opening:

The main character is shown in the OP with a church steeple up his butt, and also holding his head and convulsing with "bad guy/ancient power be playin' with my brains" bishounen syndrome.

Your thoughts is very much appreciated.
akumakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 01:58   Link #199
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

Bi-shounen? Never heard that term before. There's been a few openings showing characters sitting on things similar, male and female, so personally I don't think it means anything.

As far as the manga is concerned there hasn't been any actual shounen-ai yet, just a lot of scenes that make you wonder.

I seriously wish people would stop complaining about the lack of females, considering the type of anime it is, it really shouldn't be that surprising.
Old 2009-04-30, 04:08   Link #200
Ruby-Moon

Send a message via MSN to Ruby-Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrestea View Post
Bi-shounen? Never heard that term before.
Bi(美) means beauty, and shounen(少年) means boy(s) or young man(men), so bishounen simply means beautiful boys/young men. aka bishies
Ruby-Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy