AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2010-06-17, 13:34   Link #361
Mentar
Banned

It's not hard. Here's a quick and simple HOWTO with minimal explanations, for a TS source.

1) Make sure you locate and get SCXvid.dll and put it into the same directory as Yatta/YMC. This is a special version of xvid which helps the encoder by locating scenechanges and cutting the video up into sections. You MUST partition the video into sections if you want to use pattern guidance, and SCXvid does that for you.

2) In the YMC step, tick Cutter (to cut out unwanted ads), Telecide, SCXvid and Decimate. Run YMC with this. Once you open up the pregenerated .yap file, you'll see that YATTA will already have the video sectioned.

3) For VFR sources, make sure to enable all "Use c", "Use cccnn", "Use ccnnn" options for Pattern Guidance. For non-VFR sources, it's better to disable "Use c". (Access via Right-Click on the main window and selecting "Pattern Guidance")

4) Do "Pattern Guidance --> Pattern Guidance". Now, Yatta tries to determine the best patterns for the many sections there are. Here's the general idea: Almost all VFR parts will be all-c matches. So, after Pattern Guidance we'll have YATTA interpret all all-c sections as NoDecimate sections.

5) Now there's a small problem: Pattern guidance puts hard decimation markers on all relevant frames for recognized patterns. BUT to place a NoDecimate marker, you need to have a full cycle (5 frames) without hard decimation markers around. To ensure that the next step 6) doesn't fail due to that, we are lazy and just tell YATTA to delete _all_ hard decimation markers for now: (Right-Click on the Main Window --> Recalculate Matches --> Clear Decimated)

6) Now let YATTA convert all-c sections to NoDecimate: (Right-Click on the Main Window --> Recalculate Matches --> C Matches to VFR). If you now click on Tools and select "Ranges", you'll see the right table filled with NoDecimate entries.

7) However, we WANT YATTA to place hard decimation markers for the 23.976 parts. Therefore, we redo the Pattern Guidance step. It will automatically skip over NoDecimate sections now

8) We're almost done. Always do "Recalculate Matches --> Select lowest VMetric at Section Bounds" with Threshold 40 to make sure that there are no combs at the section bounds (which can be the result of Pattern Guidance, so DON'T FORGET!)

Well, that's essentially it. Do your normal YATTA magic with cropping, resizing, filtering and whatnot. When you let YATTA generate the override files, it will barf out all you need - the Avisynth file to encode the video to VFRAC, and a v1 timecode file for later muxing.

Done.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 01:36   Link #362
su_zhy

Well, not actually VFR related, but since there's some YATTA discussion, I guess it's OK to ask here.

Say I have a ccnnc pattern, and I'd like to set all first n's as postprocessing.
According to the Ctrl+T dialog, I guess it's possible to do in YATTA?
I understand the ccnnc, and kkkdk part, and I expected that setting postprocessing ooxoo will do the job, but without luck.

Did I completely misunderstand this or anything?

Thanks for your help.
su_zhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 03:10   Link #363
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

the correct pattern is oopoo
(no, this isn't documented anywhere and the dialog's complete crypticness doesn't help at all)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 03:54   Link #364
Mentar
Banned

Though I'd like to ask why you'd want to postprocess this frame in the first place. I mean, the whole idea of using Pattern Guidance is to do a perfect reconstruction of the fields, and in this case you wouldn't _NEED_ postprocessing (which is only a kludge for those frames which can't be reassembled without combs).

Are you sure you don't confuse something here?
Old 2010-07-09, 07:43   Link #365
su_zhy

TheFluff:
Thanks for the reply. But it doesn't seem to work as I expected. No matter I use 'try pattern', or 'pattern guidance', I see no frames marked as PP. I even tried setting the pattern to ppppp.
Can anyone confirm it working, with YATTA 7-130 beta6? Or is there any additional steps/settings I need to do?

Mentar:
I think I indeed need this. I'm not sure how this source is made, it has residual combing after field matching at the two n frames (quite similar to those combing usually seen at fades, but not full frame, just part of the frame).
I set the patterns to ccnnc and kkkdk to decimate the second n frame, and what I want to do is to mark the first n frame as PP and throw something like vinverse to it.
Better solution would be much appreciated.
Old 2010-07-09, 08:26   Link #366
Mentar
Banned

su zhy: There's definitely something wrong here, but I can't say what without looking at your source and what you've been doing.

Make sure of this:

1) In the ymc step, tick "Telecide", "Decimate" and "SCXvid"

2) In ymc go to the "Telecide" configuration window and make sure that Order=1,Guide=0,Back=0

Then, in this window, I'd say you should scroll around some and make sure you find a pan. Step through it frame-by-frame and see if it pans smoothly (and only halts on the to-be-decimated frame). If it seems to jump "back", change to Order=0 and try again. If this helps, you fell into the TopFieldFirst/BottomFieldFirst-trap.

3) If that works out, do the ymc step and in yatta, do normal Pattern Guidance. You should find clean cccnn patterns now.

If all of this doesn't help, you need to cut out a piece of your source and let me look at it. In this case send me a PM or contact me on Rizon.
Old 2010-07-10, 01:26   Link #367
su_zhy

Thanks Mentar, it seems that I didn't make myself clear (sorry for my limited English), but I don't think this problem is due to wrong field order or bad field matching. I tried what you suggest (I normally use tfm/tdecimate in ymc), but it didn't make a difference.

Link to the source (cut with dgindex, ~6 seconds) PM'd. Let me know if a longer clip is needed.

Thanks for taking your time.
Old 2010-07-10, 02:14   Link #368
Mentar
Banned

I see. After hearing you use dgindex, I assumed a TS source of anime, instead, what you have is obviously a Real Life DVD video ^_^; - no wonder about those, so many RL DVD videos are screwed up by the mastering studios that it's not even funny anymore.

To make it short, Garbage in, Garbage out. The video is (censored), and you're right, it bleeds exactly on two frames: The dupe (that one's irrelevant since it gets decimated anyway) and the frame before the dupe. Crazy.

Obviously Set Pattern and the related functions are broken in Yatta 7-130 B6, they don't recognize the postprocessing code. I'll ask the author about it when I see him (Myrsloik in #darkhold on Rizon, if you want to try for yourself, but if you do, be EXCEPTIONALLY nice. Better to let me do it)
Old 2010-07-10, 07:03   Link #369
su_zhy

Ah yeah, I should have mentioned it's a real life DVD, and I totally agree that too many of them are made badly.

So this can't be done with YATTA currently. It would be great if this is fixed someday. It'd be nice of you to report this to the author.
For this particular source, I will just apply vinverse throughout the video, since manually setting the PP marks is a pain, and too much effort for such a source.

Thanks again for looking into it.
Old 2010-07-10, 10:34   Link #370
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_zhy View Post
Ah yeah, I should have mentioned it's a real life DVD, and I totally agree that too many of them are made badly.

So this can't be done with YATTA currently. It would be great if this is fixed someday. It'd be nice of you to report this to the author.
For this particular source, I will just apply vinverse throughout the video, since manually setting the PP marks is a pain, and too much effort for such a source.

Thanks again for looking into it.
It can possibly be done if you downgrade a version or two, but that might be hard to find.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2010-07-13, 04:54   Link #371
salty
3D MAXEEER

version5 is here http://www.mediafire.com/?mgqntdxn2mg
idk if this version is the one youre looking for.
salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 19:54   Link #372
su_zhy

Hmm, for the versions I have tested (6-129, 7-130 b4 to b6), none of them seem to work
Old 2010-07-13, 20:46   Link #373
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_zhy View Post
Hmm, for the versions I have tested (6-129, 7-130 b4 to b6), none of them seem to work
Actually, I was wrong. I had to check the source code when you said it didn't work, and found out I had misremembered it completely. It's + to force a frame as postprocessed and - to force it as not postprocessed; o keeps it as it is. This works for me in 7-130b6.

Old 2010-07-13, 21:20   Link #374
su_zhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Actually, I was wrong. I had to check the source code when you said it didn't work, and found out I had misremembered it completely. It's + to force a frame as postprocessed and - to force it as not postprocessed; o keeps it as it is. This works for me in 7-130b6.
Great. Now this works.
Thanks, TheFluff.
Old 2010-07-24, 07:08   Link #375
salty
3D MAXEEER

heres the old yatta guide that nmap wrote. http://www.mediafire.com/?1xzv3w4hjb2rl58
salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 19:44   Link #376
aroht

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post
heres the old yatta guide that nmap wrote. http://www.mediafire.com/?1xzv3w4hjb2rl58
Sorry, the guide doesn't seem to work T_T

I'm getting a page can not be displayed error similar to that on IE/Firefox when a webpage cannot be displayed. Is this guide linked to contents on a webpage that isn't available.

Does anybody else have some sort of guide? I got the latest YATTA version here which is different from the website years ago >.<.
aroht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 00:27   Link #377
Sub-zero 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroht View Post
Sorry, the guide doesn't seem to work T_T

I'm getting a page can not be displayed error similar to that on IE/Firefox when a webpage cannot be displayed. Is this guide linked to contents on a webpage that isn't available.

Does anybody else have some sort of guide? I got the latest YATTA version here which is different from the website years ago >.<.
make sure the path to the chm file doesn't contain unicode characters. it will fix the "cannot be displayed" error.
I think you should start looking for guides when you fully master doing manually everything YATTA can automate for you.
Sub-zero 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 14:09   Link #378
adiktdtololi

hallow....

im just reposting my question from another forum ok ^^

its really late and im kinda lazy atm 2 retype it all xD

~~~~here is the post~~~~~

hallow i have a problem... Q_Q.

ok 1st this is the media info..

taken from the video that i want 2 convert..
Here

the video is a BD-Rip of. Highschool of the Dead.
from this fansubbers site..
Here..

and i think its a softsub video

anyway.. my problem is that the vid and the audio isnt sync at all..

what i want 2 do with this is to make the original video without subs what so ever... meaning it will be a RAW mkv vid..

my process is..
Spoiler:

Extracted files
Spoiler:

merging the files.
Spoiler:

finish.. lolx..

this is the media info of the finish'd vid.
http://www.mediafire.com/?u9biei1bibbbm87

if you need more info.. please tell me which and how 2 get it. ^^

ah btw.. im using windows xp SP3
32bit core2quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz processor.
2gig ram
and 320gb HDD SATA lolx xD

Please kindly help me with this Q_Q

~~~~End of post~~~~

since then.. i have been experimenting with the file..

and this is what i have found out and.. learnd

the file is a VFR.. and i have learnd how 2 extract the timecode using "MkvtoolNix's" "MKVextractGUI.exe"

and merging the extracted .h264 with audio + the timecode to a MKV[subless]

but NOW... im having trouble.. converting the darn thing 2 AVI...
and i have read that making the VFR to a VFRAC avi could fix this problem..

BUT.. i have no idea how 2 make a VFR to VFRAC avi.. and if it is possible 2 murge the VFRAC with the original timecode and encode it 2 a streamable mp4 file...

currently when i convert an AVI,mkv[cfr] i use AllToAvi>bencos then just upload..
so im pretty new at this whole vfr/VFRAC thingy Q_Q.

so if possible.. can u share your tricks and tools/guides on how 2 atleast make a softsub+VFR mkv to a hardsub CFR or atleast codable avi.. so i can convert it with bencos.. or other tools that you guys might share Q_Q..

hope you guys/girls/madam/sir/xD can help me ^^

and im guessing this question has been ask and answered alot of times Q_Q.. but its toooo hard... reading and trying all the tips/guides in this thread so i was hoping to get a fresh start..

btw.. i have no idea how to use the

mkv2vfr tool from haali.. Q_Q im really a noob when it comes 2 using cmd... Q_Q

and i dont know which tool 2 use with "ffmpegsource"
adiktdtololi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 18:51   Link #379
max2k

Not sure but did you miss to set the delay of the audio? If i look at the media info file the encode seems to be cfr.
Old 2010-12-01, 20:03   Link #380
TheFluff

wow, you're pretty dumb
let me give you a hint though

also, stop pm'ing people asking for support, it's fucking annoying