AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-18, 05:04   Link #181
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Frakking back button AGRHG!

Good rounds tonight, seemed though we carried the team through in some rounds. Spies were irritating as buggery. QF was good on zerg rushes, but spent more time with standard uber tonight. God I love the Vita-Blade...

QQ 25K healing off of Chief of Staff.

Spoiler for Pimpin Medic.:

edit: amg, soldier-tan?
Old 2011-07-18, 06:58   Link #182
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I dunno, the body structure for the Pyro seems wrong for a female... unless she's like butch. I guess it could be padding or something but still. No way would they look like a little kid like the picture on the previous page though, they're way too tall and bulky. The laugh sounds kinda manly too. Although they have some flowery purse or some such?
Of course not, that image is just manga artists at work. Humor. For fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It's like the Utawarerunomo twins all over again (anime only, not the game), or Tali's face. The discussion is inherently more interesting than having the answer itself.

Hehe.
And for the same reasons as Tali, I still support keeping Pyro's face hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Engineer spam is SOMETIMES justified. If your opposition doesn't have a good number of Heavy/Medic and Demoman/Medic combos, it's worth doing. But if there's a good number of Demoman/Medic combos that know what they're doing, you may as well hang back, get some Heavies, Soldiers and Demomen with a Medic or two to make the nuke spam too much to overcome.
The max number of engineers is 3, and even that's only if you're defending (and even then many arguments can be made). 3 sentries at different locations can rape any offense, and having 3 teleporters ready for your team to pop up at 3 locations to attack the enemy from all sides can be a godsend.

Of course, the best thing to do is observe what your team has, what the enemy team has, and adjust your class accordingly. Your team has several spies? Don't go spy as well. The enemy is spamming sentries? Take a soldier or demoman to clean up the mess. Spies ruining your base? Switch to pyro and smoke that guy out. No medic on your team? Bang your head against the desk, switch to medic, and pray that your team doesn't suck too bad.

Mid game adjusting is key to victory.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 11:10   Link #183
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Pryo is Freeman...Meet the Pryo will come when Half-Life comes .
Old 2011-07-18, 11:18   Link #184
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

this reminds me when people thought Master Chief was a woman =\

even with the "The helm is making her voice diffrent" excuses
Old 2011-07-18, 23:10   Link #185
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Valve's up to something with this game again. Remember how they added doves throughout the game maps before the Meet the Medic video and Uber Update were released? Well now there's some more odd things added to 3 maps in today's patch called "Grockets":

Apparently they're rockets that crash-landed nearby certain maps:

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Let the speculation begin. Personally I'm seeing some kind of alien-technology update.~
Old 2011-07-18, 23:39   Link #186
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Spaaaaaace!!!!
Old 2011-07-18, 23:51   Link #187
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I think Pyro's Triboniophorus Tyrannus is about to get some revenge~
Old 2011-07-19, 01:04   Link #188
Mr Hat and Clogs

Grockets... G clearly stands for gender! Were being invaded by busty wenches!

I can't think of how to attach rockets to pyros... maybe if they were NRockets I'd say napalm.. so I guess space maybe? Heh they kinda look a little like V2 rockets or something Wiley E Coyote would use.
Old 2011-07-19, 01:18   Link #189
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I wouldn't be surprised if they made Pyro an Alien, and as such bypass the argument of gender entirely. Not likely, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 2011-07-19, 13:15   Link #190
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I change mid-game plenty of times if the situation requires it.

Wang, I dispute one part of that rating chart you posted. More Soldiers doesn't always make things better. Soldier spam is terrible on offense on the final level of Dustbowl and they're not much better on Goldrush. Badwater, I consider plausible. That sentry nest gauntlet is Medic + Demoman + Heavy material. On defense, I love using that underpass to come up behind them at the start of that gauntlet and just smash them over and over as Heavy or Pyro.

Spoiler for Heavy + Dustbowl 3 Underpass = Coward Killing Time!:

Just curious, what are the preference people have for handing out their Medic ubers? For me, it's Demoman > Heavy > Pyro > Only if I'm about to get nuked...It makes me mad how many random Medics have issues with healing/ubering a Demoman. Considering how easily they can take out a sentry nest or a few players in one hit, I can't see why so many people have big issues with them.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-07-19 at 13:38.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 14:35   Link #191
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:

Wang, I dispute one part of that rating chart you posted. More Soldiers doesn't always make things better. Soldier spam is terrible on offense on the final level of Dustbowl and they're not much better on Goldrush. Badwater, I consider plausible. That sentry nest gauntlet is Medic + Demoman + Heavy material. On defense, I love using that underpass to come up behind them at the start of that gauntlet and just smash them over and over as Heavy or Pyro.
Yeah, yeah, I know. It's a basic generalization for team-makeup on Payload maps... but Soldier-tan is cute, no?
Old 2011-07-19, 15:09   Link #192
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kind...of...yet kind of unsettling. Soldier-tan would have a buzz cut and more muscle, surely. As for Spy-tan, definitely a yandere. Medic-tan would probably be MILF or at least in her 20s, long hair and have glasses. Sniper-tan - Australian short-haired brunette. Scout-tan would be a hyper teen. Demo-tan - exotic and loud. Engie-tan - would definitelly be kawaii. Heavy-tan...like...that one is going to be hard...Pyro-tan, that fanart earlier has my tick of approval.
Old 2011-07-19, 15:48   Link #193
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Yeah if there's lots of spies then I go pyro

Quote:
Just curious, what are the preference people have for handing out their Medic ubers? For me, it's Demoman > Heavy > Pyro > Only if I'm about to get nuked...It makes me mad how many random Medics have issues with healing/ubering a Demoman. Considering how easily they can take out a sentry nest or a few players in one hit, I can't see why so many people have big issues with them.
For regular ubers it's demo-heavy-pyro
For krtiz its demo-heavy-soldier (Edited)
For quick fix demo-heavy-pyro

And if the team is right they can uber a medic or engineer if necessary.

Ubering a scout, sniper, or soldier is a waste of time unless there's nothing else to uber with and it's desperate.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2011-07-19 at 17:15.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 17:11   Link #194
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
On that note, Sniper/Scout Uber = Fail

However SoldierOfDarkness, I will say that if a Soldier is carrying the standard Rocket Launcher, they are extremely effective under the influence of a Kritzkrieg uberchage, due to their weapon having a wide explosion radius, and can clear a wave of enemies relatively fast. If he's reloading though, the Soldier and Medic will usually get screwed then.

Medics Ubering other Medics, both with the Ubersaw, can make some extremely devastating teamwork. Communication is required, but the basic plan is to uber your partner, have him equip the Ubersaw, then he needs to go to town, getting at least 4 hits. The partner then Ubers you, then you take out your Ubersaw and get 4 hits. The process keeps going until one of you gets killed in the process.

Something useful I've done in my experience is when I have no immediate Ubercharge target, and I'm cornered, I activate the charge, rush towards the enemy, and when in touching distance, quickly press "Q" to switch to my last weapon (this being the Ubersaw), then hit the enemy, then press "Q" again, to switch back to the Medigun (giving back your Uber). Granted, if you keep hitting the enemy and switching back to Ubercharge, you can do this process indefinitely. I've done it before... granted, just make sure not to make yourself *too* vulnerable when attacking.

Again, perhaps not super-effective strategies, but I've done these before, and they can work. You just have to play them carefully.
Old 2011-07-19, 17:16   Link #195
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Yes that's true, I've dealt with Krtiz soldiers and it can be deadly.

It's just that for my loadout I always use the Blackbox so the ammo is limited but I advise all medics not to uber me whenever I'm a soldier.
Old 2011-07-19, 17:31   Link #196
spikexp

My uber preference:
Normal -> Demo (not knight...) > Pyro > Heavy > soldier > other
Kritz -> Heavy = Pyro -> Soldier -> Demo > other
Quickfix... Don't have it yet...

The reason why heavy is behind pyro is that heavy are to slow to go fast to sentry, and a good engi can keep it's sentry alive even from a uber heavy.
Pyro just need to run toward and flame everything at once.

I really want new pyro and engi stuff. Engi 'cause it's not really fun now, and pyro 'cause I love pyro and I want some new thing
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 18:11   Link #197
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

One the topic of Medic's mediguns, wasn't the Quick-Fix made with the Scout's speed in mind? I'd think at least that one would be decent for uber-ing a Scout considering it's effect. I don't think there are any other classes faster than a Medic other than Scout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
I really want new pyro and engi stuff. Engi 'cause it's not really fun now, and pyro 'cause I love pyro and I want some new thing
The Pyro did get the new Detonator flaregun in the Uber Update though. The only class that was truly left out was the Engineer.

I can understand Engie's lack of new weapons though. They're not usually used for directly attacking the enemy. Though a new building would be interesting to see.
Old 2011-07-19, 18:37   Link #198
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
My uber preference:
Normal -> Demo (not knight...) > Pyro > Heavy > soldier > other
Kritz -> Heavy = Pyro -> Soldier -> Demo > other
Quickfix... Don't have it yet...
The quickfix is the opposite of the kritz in a way.

The Kritz gives the target the ability to do crit attacks which allows them to literally plow through an entire with one-shot kills but leaves them open to attack.

The quickfix on the other hand gives the target the ability to close in on any targets without suffering knockback like effects.

I actually ubered a demoman with the quickfix on Dustbowl and he literally annihilated 2 sentry guns and took down several guys before running away. The pyros and demos tried to blow him away but the quickfix prevented that.

For a pyro the quickfix allows them to close in on sentry guns without being pushed back.
Old 2011-07-20, 04:05   Link #199
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
If my buddy is online, I tend to uber him and his heavy. Purely because I know we'll be slaughtering half the server doing so.

If he's not... well, then I tend to uber whatever is convenient at that point. My main gripe against ubering demomans is that a lot of them seem to be the "must taunt after every kill to provide the TF2 equivalent of teabagging" type. So when I see one that isn't such a waste of an uber... yeah, I uber demomans.

My personal favorite is pyro though. Running into a well-guarded position and killing everyone in a couple of seconds flat with no chance of survival? Yeah, I like that. A lot.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 05:51   Link #200
Mr Hat and Clogs

I usually go: Friends/Good players>Heavy>Pyro>Demo.

I hate using ubers on Soldiers, seems like a total waste. My gripe with demo's for ubering is that many I see tend to hang back, and even when telling them you're going to uber them they still hang back. Pyro's on the other hand are the complete opposite end spectrum. They charge in 'guns blazing' as it were. Heavies are usually a sure bet, its pretty hard to screw that up - point gun, hold trigger.

I've taken a shine to using the QF on scouts that are doing land grabs in CP games or that are making runs for intel. It's amusing

I wouldn't mind trying the two medics feeding off of each other for the luls at some stage, would be hilarious.