AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 18:18   Link #2161
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Hence the 'kinda'. Most of the story is about him, but he's not that great of a lead in practise.
He hasn't gotten the chance to do anything, though. All the situations he's found himself in so far were completely outside of his control. He couldn't 'lead' anything since he was being lead around by the virus, the Huckebein, and now Section 6. Once he's given a chance to be proactive (going to save Lily, here in the game), he shows he does have what it takes.
Old 2012-01-25, 19:22   Link #2162
Sunder the Gold

I want to know what makes a lead "great".
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 19:39   Link #2163
Justin_Brett

Yeah, and who knows how long he's going to be working with Section Six? That seems to be the status quo now that everything's settled.

Quote:
I want to know what makes a lead "great".
That's probably something that can't really be defined.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 19:45   Link #2164
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Yeah, and who knows how long he's going to be working with Section Six? That seems to be the status quo now that everything's settled.
I'll be positive for once, i think Tohma's real developement is about to start since he's essential for a lot of plot devices. He's about to face the true behind the expanded Huckebein family and form his descicion, he's slowly but surely bonding with some of the more distant members of Section Six, so far he's the only one with actual chances of truly defeating a Huckebein in battle, etc... The upcoming family reunion and the reveal of Vandin's plans will request a reaction from Tohma's character which will be help him to develop his character by actually doing something by himself xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:36   Link #2165
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
That's probably something that can't really be defined.
If it can't, then no one can say anyone is a good lead character, or a poor one.
Old 2012-01-25, 20:38   Link #2166
Justin_Brett

Defining why you don't like something can be surprisingly easier than the opposite.

And besides, I meant that in terms of a hypothetical situation. I mean, there's theoretically an infinite number of characters you could make, isn't there?
Old 2012-01-25, 21:34   Link #2167
Sunder the Gold

More on topic:

How come Reinforce didn't know about the Eternal Ring or Unbreakable Dark, if it actually came AFTER the Tome's creation?

Someone tried to use the Eternal Ring to seal the Book of Darkness, and Reinforce and the Wolkenritter don't know a thing about it?

And Ancient Belka's solution to the Book of Darkness was to try sealing an even MORE POWERFUL monster inside of it?
Old 2012-01-25, 22:16   Link #2168
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
They also demonstrate that just as it's possible to create a Healing Field, you can create Shooting Fields that assault the enemies trapped within with a Touhou-esque bullet hell. A barrage that would leave Nanoha unable to find the time to set up a Starlight Breaker, so even she can't simply blast her way out.
I recall reading some fic where the villain interrupted Nanoha's Divine Buster charge and forced her to realise that she was too reliant on getting that charge time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
More on topic:

How come Reinforce didn't know about the Eternal Ring or Unbreakable Dark, if it actually came AFTER the Tome's creation?

Someone tried to use the Eternal Ring to seal the Book of Darkness, and Reinforce and the Wolkenritter don't know a thing about it?

And Ancient Belka's solution to the Book of Darkness was to try sealing an even MORE POWERFUL monster inside of it?
Could that information be deleted?

And we know precursor civilisations in Nanoha have a tradition of stupidity. Doesn't make sense to us, but it's consistent in-universe.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 22:59   Link #2169
Justin_Brett

Quote:
I recall reading some fic where the villain interrupted Nanoha's Divine Buster charge and forced her to realise that she was too reliant on getting that charge time.
The author of that also seems to think Nanoha can't do anything but charge up beams, though.
Old 2012-01-25, 23:15   Link #2170
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
The author of that also seems to think Nanoha can't do anything but charge up beams, though.
Canon Nanoha's Answer: Strike Smasher in the face xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-25, 23:47   Link #2171
rxrx

About leveling down, Nanoha is weaker in Sts as compared to A's where she is at her prime and that has nothing to do with limiters. She overworked herself, got shot down in the blank period between A's and Sts and her blasting was too much for her yet developed body that she got weaker when she is an adult instead.

If you really want, you can give Nanoha's Blast Mode for a Tekkaman Blade reform and she can get insanely powerful and the price will be slowly losing her memory bit by bit before kicking the backet. The best thing about this will be that the losing of memory start with the most recent ones, so you will have Vivio calling her Nanoha mama while the latter have no idea who the girl is.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 23:57   Link #2172
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
About leveling down, Nanoha is weaker in Sts as compared to A's where she is at her prime and that has nothing to do with limiters. She overworked herself, got shot down in the blank period between A's and Sts and her blasting was too much for her yet developed body that she got weaker when she is an adult instead.
Nanohaverse, the only place where the prime of a woman's body is reached between 9-12 years xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-26, 00:04   Link #2173
rxrx

Well, jokes aside, the strain Nanoha put on herself with her modes she developed over work her boody and combined with being shot down make her weaker. Seriously, I think Nanoha should stay at home more often as she is subjected to Vivio what her family accidentally made her when through when Shirou was hospitalized. In my opinion, it is ironic as the old man dying turns Nanoha into a strong, cheerful and caring person whom tries to convince people with her heart while the Nanoha that exist when Shirou dies uses force to make people listen to her as it ahd worked before when she 'befriended' Arisa and Suzuka.

It would be fun to write the two Nanoha's interaction though. I don't dislike Nanoha, she is nice and interetsing character but her listen to me or I will blast you till you do attitude is too much sometimes.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:07   Link #2174
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Nanoha is physically ( or magically?) weaker in name only. The series or manga has done nothing to actually provide truth for the claim.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:15   Link #2175
rxrx

Is that so? I thought Nanoha is supposed to suck at sports and I read somewhere out there about the above. Maybe it was not offical like that guy say.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:17   Link #2176
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She was terrible at sports and P.E., but that was when she was around 9 years old. Nothing's said about when she grew older.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:18   Link #2177
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Nanoha sucked at sports back when she was a child. If anything, she's far more physically fit now then back when she was a child. As Vivid shown when they did that marathon.

It was mentioned that the blaster system will permanently drain 20% of her magic if she uses it, or something like that. But as I said, it's fine to make that claim and all, but unless they're going to actually show her being weaker after using it, it's hard to make any truth out of it.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:20   Link #2178
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC, the permanent magic drain was only if she kept going without resting properly or recuperating--hence her vacation in ViVid.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:21   Link #2179
rxrx

Well, moving back to thread, it is a pity that there are many voices that have been recorded but not used. Someone manage to draw them out and there are many for time out wins and lost and draw. Wonder why they cannot use them despite recorded though.
Old 2012-01-26, 00:23   Link #2180
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Most common excuse for that kind of thing is deadlines and not having enough time.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote