AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 16:10   Link #281
Undertaker

Any that is what I'm talking about, you are actually looking for more of an adventure game and not really an JPRG game.

In this case, there is already the Unlimited franchise that is doing a pretty decent job on it.
Old 2012-03-23, 16:44   Link #282
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Hey guys!

anyone knows if the English version released. Is it gonna be dubbed? I hope not cause it would be better to translate the whole game while keeping the Japanese voices like Unlimited Adventure and Unlimited Cruise.
ArabianLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:13   Link #283
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikenNoAce View Post
Hey guys!

anyone knows if the English version released. Is it gonna be dubbed? I hope not cause it would be better to translate the whole game while keeping the Japanese voices like Unlimited Adventure and Unlimited Cruise.

Well, your obviously entitled to your own opinion, I personally love the dub. Unlimited Adventure WAS dubbed for the US release, but Unlimited Cruise was only translated because it was only released in the EU. With the facts so far about Pirate Warriors being licensed in America, there is strong evidence that it will come out in English, but dubbed..... which I personally prefer.

On another note, it SHOULD be taken into account that practically every Musuo game that's been released here has had the option for both English and Japanese audio with subtitles, so that'll atleast make EVERYONE happy.
Old 2012-04-11, 13:25   Link #284
marvelB

Bumping this thread to spread some great news: Pirate Warriors is officially confirmed for the US and Europe!!! Now I'm just crossing my fingers for the chance that the localized versions will have extra content added (like maybe the omitted Skypiea and/or Thriller Bark levels).....
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 13:26   Link #285
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Hurray!~

November huh? It's a little ways away, but the fact NA's getting their first new One Piece game since Unlimited Adventure is more than enough to make up for that.~

I'm hoping Funimation provides the dubbing for this game.~
Old 2012-04-11, 19:42   Link #286
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

so it seems this game will only be available through Playstation network download only which I;m fine with and very excited for.
Old 2012-04-11, 21:22   Link #287
Rainbowman

If only I had some way to afford a PS3 to play this game even if said game is downloadable only.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:36   Link #288
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Bumping this thread to spread some great news: Pirate Warriors is officially confirmed for the US and Europe!!! Now I'm just crossing my fingers for the chance that the localized versions will have extra content added (like maybe the omitted Skypiea and/or Thriller Bark levels).....
That is awesome news
Granted I find digital download for large games to be annoying, but in the end it will be worth it. Hopefully we won't just get the games but also the DLC.

Y'know what this thread hasn't done?
Take advantage of the fact that now that the game has been out in japan long enough that there are plenty of videos out. Lots of video of clips from cut scenes and battle... Just a quick search for the game and you'll find tons. nothing we didn't already know, but it is nice to see how they handle adapting the cutscenes.
Like for instance the farewell to the going merry

But the most important video of all...
(be warned Rainbowman, your heart may not be ready for it)

dat smile at the end can kill
Old 2012-04-12, 05:55   Link #289
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
That is awesome news
Granted I find digital download for large games to be annoying, but in the end it will be worth it. Hopefully we won't just get the games but also the DLC.

Y'know what this thread hasn't done?
Take advantage of the fact that now that the game has been out in japan long enough that there are plenty of videos out. Lots of video of clips from cut scenes and battle... Just a quick search for the game and you'll find tons. nothing we didn't already know, but it is nice to see how they handle adapting the cutscenes.
Like for instance the farewell to the going merry

Nami beats jessica rabbit hands down for cartoon lady hotability...especially in a kimono *wolf whistles*
Old 2012-04-12, 09:22   Link #290
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm still contemplating on whether or not I should get this game or its inevitable sequel that will most definitely have more content.
Old 2012-04-12, 09:39   Link #291
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm still contemplating on whether or not I should get this game or its inevitable sequel that will most definitely have more content.
Ahh you hit the nail right on the head and something I actually didn't want to see written out lol.
I really want this but I can def see a sequel happpening and be a whole lot better.
I could wait it out and pick this up alot cheaper later on but then it's that whole thing "well if you can wait for the 2nd game then why not wait for the 3rd cause that will be even better and so on and so on"

Damn really hate when that happens>__<
Old 2012-04-12, 10:30   Link #292
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Indeed, Like i said before, i feel like a possible reason that certain arcs were left out of this game is so they would have more material to add in for the next game. By the time they make a sequel they will only be able to add 2-3 more islands from the new world to the game. However, because they were left out, they can also add a few more like Thriller Bark, Skypeia, and Louge Town. Even then they will still leave a few islands out so that they have stuff to do for a 3rd game. That's the big stuff, but then we also have to take into account more playable characters and costumes.

though the question is, how long will it be until the next game comes out
Frankly what i hope they don't do, is do what they often do with the dynasty warriors game; namely release a game that's not a sequel, but is the same as the previous game, just with small bits of added content... like an expanded addition. Those usually pop up like one year later thus making you feel like you should have waited. However, i do not think this will be the case with One Piece. The makers of the game also made a series of gundam games and I believe they avoided doing those expanded versions.
Old 2012-04-12, 12:30   Link #293
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ I agree with your reasoning, slayerx. It's the "cash-cow" strategy of trying to milk us of as much money as possible. My problem is when they make it so blatantly obvious. This game is just incomplete in general.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:35   Link #294
marvelB

Quote:
Frankly what i hope they don't do, is do what they often do with the dynasty warriors game; namely release a game that's not a sequel, but is the same as the previous game, just with small bits of added content... like an expanded addition. Those usually pop up like one year later thus making you feel like you should have waited. However, i do not think this will be the case with One Piece. The makers of the game also made a series of gundam games and I believe they avoided doing those expanded versions.

Ah yes, the tried and true "director's cut" approach. But as you said yourself, they didn't do that with the Gundam musou games and they haven't done it with the FotnS game, either (true, that game hasn't actually gotten any sequels yet either, but still). So I'd think that Tecmo Koei would be wise enough to save up enough content to warrant a sequel (like maybe expanding the story mode to the New World storylines, etc.)....
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 16:51   Link #295
Rainbowman

Quote:

It's a good thing Nami didn't have the Post Time-Skip hairstyle while wearing that kimono, otherwise she'd look like a character ripped-off from the Bleach series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
Nami beats jessica rabbit hands down for cartoon lady hotability...especially in a kimono *wolf whistles*
While Nami has topped her equivalent character Jessica Rabbit for cartoon lady hospitality, how would Luffy top his equivalent character Roger Rabbit for whatever they have in common?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 09:00   Link #296
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
It's a good thing Nami didn't have the Post Time-Skip hairstyle while wearing that kimono, otherwise she'd look like a character ripped-off from the Bleach series.

While Nami has topped her equivalent character Jessica Rabbit for cartoon lady hospitality, how would Luffy top his equivalent character Roger Rabbit for whatever they have in common?
well for one he is goofier and definitely surpasses roger the rabbits genki levels.
Old 2012-04-18, 01:35   Link #297
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

So the NA trailer is out...

It DOES make me wonder if they'll dub it at all... or just translate the text and put subtitles up like they did with EU's Unlimited Cruise.
Old 2012-04-19, 06:33   Link #298
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So the NA trailer is out...

It DOES make me wonder if they'll dub it at all... or just translate the text and put subtitles up like they did with EU's Unlimited Cruise.
I will be glad if they leave it with the japanese voice actors and just put in english subs. I don't know about you guys but I'll always prefer japanese voic acting to the english style no matter what anime it is.
Old 2012-04-19, 14:46   Link #299
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
I will be glad if they leave it with the japanese voice actors and just put in english subs. I don't know about you guys but I'll always prefer japanese voic acting to the english style no matter what anime it is.
But that's the thing, most Musou games out there have the choice between English and Japanese audio, much like how I played Fist of the North Star with Japanese audio.

And I dunno about you guys, but I DO enjoy the englush dub~
Old 2012-04-22, 01:30   Link #300
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

EU's been confirmed to get a physical copy of this game.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-n...irate-warriors

Really no surprise there~

Tags
ps3, video games