AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 21:51   Link #101
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I wonder what kind of type balance we'll see in this game…
My guesses, with an asterisk that these are all essentially footnoted with "non-legendary":

The fire starter will still be the best fire type by the end of the game.
Less than 3% of the new Pokemon will be Ice-type.
Approximately 10-12% of the new Pokemon will be Water types.
An additional 8 to 11% of the new Pokemon will be Grass types.
There will be another Pikachu clone.
Poison types will continue to utterly and completely suck.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 22:02   Link #102
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I wonder what kind of type balance we'll see in this game…
Garchomp is gonna learn Dragon Dance?!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 01:37   Link #103
Bulba.Saur
The Ends of the Earth

Let's hope Nintendo takes the opportunity and re-hauls the online...pleeeease! A ranking system or an active online community page with events

Don't drop the ball on the friend codes! Random online battles! CMON
*Pokemon MMO anyone?!*
Bulba.Saur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 01:44   Link #104
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
My guesses, with an asterisk that these are all essentially footnoted with "non-legendary":

The fire starter will still be the best fire type by the end of the game.
Less than 3% of the new Pokemon will be Ice-type.
Approximately 10-12% of the new Pokemon will be Water types.
An additional 8 to 11% of the new Pokemon will be Grass types.
There will be another Pikachu clone.
Poison types will continue to utterly and completely suck.
If Steel didn't completly null poison then they wouldn't suck so much :P. Poison is only super-effective against grass, and it's worse then Normal attacks since Normal only does 1/2 damage to 2 types (rock and steel), while Poison does half to 4 types. And at least Normal nulls Ghost Attacks as well.

Poison should've been super effective against steel.
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 09:05   Link #105
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
If Steel didn't completly null poison then they wouldn't suck so much :P. Poison is only super-effective against grass, and it's worse then Normal attacks since Normal only does 1/2 damage to 2 types (rock and steel), while Poison does half to 4 types. And at least Normal nulls Ghost Attacks as well.

Poison should've been super effective against steel.
You forgot that it only resists itself, grass, and fighting as well. While resisting fighting is really nice (or at least used to be, not sure if fighting is still highly used after the Dream World shenanigans), that effective/resistance spread is horrid. Especially when you consider that it's weak to Ground, quite possibly the most used attack type, and Psychic, another highly used attack type.
Old 2013-01-13, 09:17   Link #106
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I'm pretty excited for these! The announcement definitely gave me the little push I needed to jump into the 3DS bandwagon. Got my Vita on launch and have been very happy with it ever since, and I was holding out for Pokemon to grab a 3DS, so having that + Fire Emblem Awakening this year sealed the deal, lol.

As for the game... well, I'm not exactly dying over the new 3D models/environment because I still think good 2D is infinitely better looking, but I understand they need to keep it fresh and, honestly, it doesn't look all that bad, even if the textures are really low quality. Then again, I suppose they have a ton of time to work on that 'til release, and as such I won't judge the graphics just yet. The battle graphics, however, did surprise me, because those models actually look pretty neat! I wasn't a fan of the 3D Dex ones, but they have a bit of a cel-shaded feel to them and it just looks really nice. I just hope they'll find a way to have the battles feel dynamic, because it'd be a step back to have them slow down the pace yet again, after finally improving it with Gen V.

Pokemon-wise, these starters are probably the best looking ones ever since Gen 2 for me, and that's saying quite a bit. I overall like all the past starters, Gen IV aside, but they did a good job this time around. Fennekin is particularly cute and my probable pick as long as they don't ruin it up with yet another Fire/Fighting evolution, lol. I don't know if I can live through that yet again, and it's about time they shook up the Fire line. Three straight Fire/Fighting mons is more than enough!

Oh, and last but not least, fingers crossed for the final evolutions of those three to be actually useable. God knows how much I suffered at the hands of GRASS-ONLY Serperior.
Old 2013-01-13, 10:28   Link #107
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm listing the starter Pokemon from each generation that to me are cute:

GEN1
- Squirtle

GEN2
- Chikorita

GEN3
- Torchic

GEN4
- Piplup

GEN5
- Snivy

My cute selection for the upcoming GEN6 is not surprising but an overwhelming winner to be Fennekin.

And, you see how I chose from each generation all of the three starter elements evenly: Water-Grass-Fire ?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 11:13   Link #108
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

So here we go... 3D battle.

Though it's refreshing with the world, I'm not pleased at all with the 3D battle environnement.
I'm an supa dupa fan of the 2D sprites (and overall the pixel art).

The 5 new pokemon look just fine. I'm a bit afraid regarding the rest of them... I had such a hard time getting along with the 5th generation.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 12:50   Link #109
aly_angelflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I'm listing the starter Pokemon from each generation that to me are cute:

GEN1
- Squirtle

GEN2
- Chikorita

GEN3
- Torchic

GEN4
- Piplup

GEN5
- Snivy

My cute selection for the upcoming GEN6 is not surprising but an overwhelming winner to be Fennekin.

And, you see how I chose from each generation all of the three starter elements evenly: Water-Grass-Fire ?
You may be one of the few people who chose Snivy because it was "cute" rather than "it's the only cool-looking one!"

Fennekin may be the cutest, but all of the starters look cute this time.
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 15:44   Link #110
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
You may be one of the few people who chose Snivy because it was "cute" rather than "it's the only cool-looking one!"
To be fair though... other basic form of the three starters aren't exactly what I would call cute Oshawott might seems cute for some people though!

Quote:
You forgot that it only resists itself, grass, and fighting as well. While resisting fighting is really nice (or at least used to be, not sure if fighting is still highly used after the Dream World shenanigans), that effective/resistance spread is horrid. Especially when you consider that it's weak to Ground, quite possibly the most used attack type, and Psychic, another highly used attack type.
Well they managed to up bug type IMO in the last generation.. I hope poison type will get some buffs too

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 15:53   Link #111
MAX_COLA_POWER!

As far as I can remember, I don't think there's ever been a Poison Legendary right? The only way poisons can be taken seriously outside of ninjas and loli rockers, is for them to get a legendary that represents the black plague^^;;.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:10   Link #112
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I think all 3 new starter pocket monsters look great, cute, interesting and will probably have epic looking evolved types (as customary) I think this will finally be the game that forces me to buy a 3DS.....touche pokemon executives....touche.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:51   Link #113
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
As far as I can remember, I don't think there's ever been a Poison Legendary right? The only way poisons can be taken seriously outside of ninjas and loli rockers, is for them to get a legendary that represents the black plague^^;;.
If the legendaries are being based off of Yggdrasil, I could see Z being a Dragon/Poison or something.
Old 2013-01-13, 17:39   Link #114
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Well, we have poison!Arceus. Poison isn't its normal type, but it counts... sorta.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 19:19   Link #115
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Yeah, we're not counting the giraffe who made us go through mind-fuck hell back at heart gold and soul silver thank you very much-v-;;. Which reminds me, I know that the group of legendaries over the past generations never really had any connection to each other, as in, an entire generation of one. It was usually loners, duos, trios, usually with their own theme. What if, for this generation, since Z is most likely gonna be the snake from the root of Yggdrasil, they make a legendary representing each of the nine realms? Jotunheim for example can be Ice/Rock, Midgard can be normal, Asgard can be Somethin.../Fighting, Hel can be Dark, and so on.
Old 2013-01-14, 01:34   Link #116
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Pokemon MMO?

If that ever happen, it will be so awesome.
Old 2013-01-14, 10:52   Link #117
Kreceir

Images
Black and White crew ain't happy with the new Pokémon games...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-14, 11:16   Link #118
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Pokemon MMO?

If that ever happen, it will be so awesome.
I've been pining for it since the early days of MMOs. It just seems to fit perfectly. I'm not sure why so few people seem to consider it. They could have every region from past games included.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 12:07   Link #119
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Images
Black and White crew ain't happy with the new Pokémon games...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
They're just jelly of the better style of the MC's and the cuter starter pokemon and far more bad ass legendary's (except for Ruby and Emerald)
Old 2013-01-14, 14:26   Link #120
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well Well, Fennekin can rest easy for now. The Pokémon X and Y site just announced that all 3 starters are gonna be pure Grass, Fire, and Water. So it's safe from Blaziken's wrath...for the time being.

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg