AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-12-17, 17:35   Link #81
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
what it does do is make you wanna re watch it again, first time I didn't really get what was going on but after 3 times I finally understood it. Also have the two manga volumes which are even more confusing. Best part probably is the manga sketch they did in the 1st OVA and the funny parody on it they did because they received complaints about it being too expensive ha ha
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 20:34   Link #82
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think you need to watch it a second time just to try and catch all the visual subtleties you missed the first time, never mind the deeper meanings of the series itself. Times 3-infinity can take of interpreting that. Not to mention, the soundtrack alone is worth repeated viewings/listenings.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 16:39   Link #83
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
The other day, I went into a bookstore, and sa that there is an actual novel version of FLCL! I thought about picking it up, but got more than a little scared, who wouldn't?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 16:46   Link #84
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
The other day, I went into a bookstore, and sa that there is an actual novel version of FLCL! I thought about picking it up, but got more than a little scared, who wouldn't?
I saw that too, it was weird, there were moments where they kept switching between text and manga format if I remember correctly.
Talk about accurate translation...

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 00:48   Link #85
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have to say, this is one of my favorite animes of all time. Not only is the comedy wacky, the action scenes awesome and the music great but the story is pretty good despite all the randomness that goes on. That said, there are things that left me puzzled and I hope someone can help me understand them.

1) In episode 3, why did Ninamori lie about her glasses?
2) In episode 4 when Haruko was pulling out that guitar from Naota's head, why were those women in that control center bleeding from their noses?
3) Looking on wikipedia, I found that there are three albums for the music of the series (which I'm so going to get). For the second album, it says that there are several audio dramas and the album "acts as a sequel of sorts to the anime." My question is, does it?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 21:21   Link #86
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
1) In episode 3, why did Ninamori lie about her glasses?
2) In episode 4 when Haruko was pulling out that guitar from Naota's head, why were those women in that control center bleeding from their noses?
3) Looking on wikipedia, I found that there are three albums for the music of the series (which I'm so going to get). For the second album, it says that there are several audio dramas and the album "acts as a sequel of sorts to the anime." My question is, does it?
It's been awhile since I've watched, but I think I remember the answer to most of these, even though there's only three questions. <_<

1. I think she's embarrassed to have to wear glasses. She wears contacts because she doesn't want others to know she wears glasses. In the play, she's still wearing her contacts. The glasses are fake.

2. Naota is a sexy, sexy beast. NO, the thing that lets people transport things from one place to another through their heads, is sexy. Naota has a lot, so he's really sexy. In that scene, he was showing off how capable of an NO user he is. The nosebleeds are a way to visually show that the women are turned on sexually.

3. The second CD does have a lot of audio dramas sprinkled throughout, but I can't understand Japanese so I couldn't tell you if they're a sequel or not. But, I wouldn't expect too much from them aside from a few laughs and maybe some explanation about minor details in the show. If it were really important someone would have made a big deal out of it.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 07:24   Link #87
ellifeedn
Thinker

Thanks for your answers.
Old 2012-01-14, 07:20   Link #88
HasuMasu
*Artist

So I decided to pick this up today and wow...how did I not notice this before?
Old 2012-01-14, 17:45   Link #89
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My personal choice for coolest anime ever, and probably my second-favorite of all-time. Masterpiece.
Old 2012-01-14, 22:53   Link #90
HasuMasu
*Artist

Personally I'm not sure I understood it all that well, compared to this NGE looks like simple addition.
Old 2015-08-31, 22:02   Link #91
kyuudere

http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/09/01/24734.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-remake/.92335

Interesting news, Production I.G has acquired FLCL's copyrights from Gainax.

I won't be surprised if we get new FLCL anime / remake.
kyuudere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 02:16   Link #92
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I wouldn't mind a sequel but I see no point in a remake. The original was perfect.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 19:51   Link #93
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I wouldn't mind a sequel but I see no point in a remake. The original was perfect.
Word.

Little in anime conflicts me more than the thought of a FLCL sequel. The first was as close to flawless as any anime I've seen and I'd hate to tarnish that. But...

Remember, I. G. co-produced FLCL so the copyright thing is not a huge shock.
Old 2015-09-01, 23:30   Link #94
ellifeedn
Thinker

If there were a continuation and there was enough interest to bring it to the U.S., could they get the original English cast for it?
Old 2018-05-30, 20:51   Link #95
Twi

Since Season 2 is airing in about a 2 or so days, a lot of youtubers are posting videos on their thoughts about FLCL Season 1. I found this video that covers a lot of the subtext within the series, revealing it to be deeper than I realized back then.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
comedy, gainax