AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-09, 12:17   Link #4941
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I've been pvp'ing quite a bit lately and the main change I'd like to see for rogues is to make Vanish actually do something. I don't think I've ever managed to use the ability and not have it broken immediately if anyone was in 10 feet of me. I don't think it's just me either as I see the same thing happen to every rogue I fight against.

Hunter lv 1-10 was the worst part of the entire game and I went through it at least 6 times if not more (Yes, I really rolled that many separate hunters. Wish they'd come out with race/server changes much earlier so I didn't end up wasting all that time). Glad they're finally getting rid of that.

Edit: Make that 7 hunters actually. Yeah, I was pretty fickle.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:11   Link #4942
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All classes but Paladin has had their previews now. Paladin in about five days.

One wonders if Beta will start the following week.
Old 2010-04-11, 18:16   Link #4943
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm....kind of confused with the proposed Mage changes....I'm not sure whether they're good or stupid.
Old 2010-04-11, 18:36   Link #4944
Xacual

The mage changes look good to me. I especially like that wall of fog is not channeled so you can put a blizzard on top of it or fire flame orbs through it!

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 22:30   Link #4945
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How about stupid good?

Warlocks seem slightly apathetic to their changes. The aren't sure it they are good, bad, or just making the class redundant.
Old 2010-04-11, 23:27   Link #4946
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well the big warlock changes we knew about ages ago, so most the people in the know won't be really excited about those.

I wasn't really excited too much by the mage changes really... that Fire Orb seems kinda gimmicky - think about how effective Taldaram's orb is in practice. It's either gona have to hit real hard or hit like a machine gun.

Fog sounds kinda hilarious tbh, but more pvp related maybe, could be useful in PVE... for some reason it cracked me right the hell up when I read about it though (lol Sailor Mercury?), anyways... could be used for add swarms I guess.
Old 2010-04-11, 23:50   Link #4947
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

why does paladin get released so much farther than the others? maybe we get something special!
Old 2010-04-12, 00:00   Link #4948
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Something special, or they know the changes will overload the forum with complaining and to avoid an overload they made sure most of the others would be done first.

(lol, Sailor Mercury...hadn't thought of that..."Why is my attack so useless?"..a-al SMA version)
Old 2010-04-12, 00:21   Link #4949
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

please god let it be some kind of "Fist of the gods" or something bad ass XD or some more bad ass wings.

OOo! or how about that AoE Hammer thing from Diablo 2 or maybe the charge
Old 2010-04-12, 19:08   Link #4950
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Rebirth is getting nerfed back to a 30 minute cooldown. Druids are going to be really ticked off...

The lv83 spell for Mages is undeniably good. A second Heroism - do like. But the 81 and 85 ones - they seem more like novelties. I'm sure they'll be fine tuned so that they're awesome, but at present they seem rather trivial. I'm also confused as what changes they are trying to make to Arcane and what the 3rd Mastery in Frost is supposed to do.
Old 2010-04-12, 19:48   Link #4951
Xacual

The 3rd mastery for frost is so they don't only chain cast frostbolts. They'll probably cast frostbolts + fireballs or frostfire bolts.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-04-12, 19:53   Link #4952
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The 3rd mastery for frost is so they don't only chain cast frostbolts. They'll probably cast frostbolts + fireballs or frostfire bolts.
It'd be Frostfire Bolt. Anything without a Chill effect is not worth using as Frost really is a PvP only spec. Casting something without a chill effect is asking to get owned. Brain Freeze never worked as a talent for that reason - even if the Fireball was instant, you'd get another Frostbolt off in that time. If that's their way of making the Frostfire Bolt spell worthwhile, it's okay but I woudl've thought they'd find a way to make it PvE worthwhile, since it's been redundant since Ulduar.
Old 2010-04-12, 20:32   Link #4953
Xacual

Well I was thinking that since you have an extra 5 talent points you could go more in fire but I don't know for sure.

Old 2010-04-12, 21:09   Link #4954
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Mmm...not really....20 into Arcane is the current extra on top of 51 Frost. Improved Counterspell is too important in PvP. Plus with the extra 5 points next expansion, means you can grab Presence of Mind without losing Water Elemental, which would be brilliant for PvP. As for PvE, they would have to find a way to make Frostfire Bolt better than Fireball, which would inevitably make Frost PvP more powerful, which is something they aren't too keen on since Frost Mages do very well in 2s and 3s. Frostfire Bolt just seems to be one fo those spells that sounded good in theory but fell apart in execution. Hence my reservations for Flame Orb and Fog.
Old 2010-04-13, 00:34   Link #4955
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember they'll be taking out some talents. That is what the Masteries are for...taking the boring talents out of the tree so you can use those points of fun stuff.
Old 2010-04-13, 02:34   Link #4956
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I've been pvp'ing quite a bit lately and the main change I'd like to see for rogues is to make Vanish actually do something. I don't think I've ever managed to use the ability and not have it broken immediately if anyone was in 10 feet of me. I don't think it's just me either as I see the same thing happen to every rogue I fight against.
this quite happens a lot for rogues. you really do have to plan when to use vanish + CoS (if necessary) to get away clean and to make sure you're not within aoe range of a thunderclap or fok. rogues have been complaining about it since arena came into burning crusade and to this day, they still haven't fixed it. hell, i remember back in s1-s3 hunter and lock pets followed a rogue everywhere after vanish and still attacked them! and even that still isn't even fixed. i've had pets still following me after a vanish and the dude just follows wherever the pet goes. well, i don't play WoW anymore, but just thought i'd share my experience with you.

Last edited by iceyfw; 2010-04-13 at 02:55.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 07:42   Link #4957
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The same thing happens with Mage Invisibility...Why can it ditch players but not pets....retarded.
Old 2010-04-13, 11:17   Link #4958
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The pets can still smell you.
Old 2010-04-13, 16:40   Link #4959
Jaden

I like the new mage aoe spells, sure they're situational but at least they're more impressive than something bland like a debuff or a differently colored bolt.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 18:56   Link #4960
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Zone info for Cata. First one is Mount Hyjal. And boy, this one looks awesome!

Spoiler for Mount Hyjal quest line:

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows