AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-26, 12:41   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Character Discussion - Ushio

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Ushio related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Clannad fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-02-26, 13:57   Link #2
Meatrose
Antihero

I'll open up by saying that I have never seen a child character this... "real", before. The way she carries herself, the way she reacts to things that Tomoya says... everything about her is genuinely well done. There's something about the way Kyoto Animation brings their Key characters to life that is just astonishing and makes them far superior to anything else within the genre (in my opinion). Ushio's voice is, of course, a big part of her character, and Satomi is doing an amazing job. I can't get enough of her. KyoAni's Ushio definitely managed to surpass my incredibly high expectations.
Old 2009-02-26, 17:56   Link #3
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Can we have some other image of her in the Opening post?
She looked to much like Nagisa...

[On topic]

When I first saw her in the VN (the scene in the flower field), I was wishing so hard without realizing,
"God, give this family a chance somehow"
all teary

Old 2009-02-27, 06:11   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
Can we have some other image of her in the Opening post?
She looked to much like Nagisa...
That was also my concern. However, in the episodes we got so far, either Ushio isn't fully focused or the quality of the design isn't exactly the best.

I guess a magazine scan would be better, should I find something more appropriate.
Old 2009-02-27, 10:02   Link #5
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
she is beyond super cute
i totally loved nagisa, but i have to admit that as odd and crual as it may sound
nagisa dying so that ushio can be born, was worth it

i would still like it better if the trade ddint have to happen (but thast just me being greedy)
Old 2009-02-27, 14:13   Link #6
holyalexander
holy alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
she is beyond super cute
i totally loved nagisa, but i have to admit that as odd and crual as it may sound
nagisa dying so that ushio can be born, was worth it

i would still like it better if the trade ddint have to happen (but thast just me being greedy)
+1 yeah it was sad.. and i like nagisa too..
Old 2009-02-27, 22:57   Link #7
Ushio
Rise and Fall.

I love Ushio~ *__* My favorite Clannad character, ever. KyoAni did so well portraying her! Makes me wish I had a kid like her.
Old 2009-02-28, 02:19   Link #8
CCLemon

Sanae is an AMAZING child-raiser. The only fault Ushio has is her clumsiness. No stubborness, tantrums, whatsover. o_o
Old 2009-02-28, 05:29   Link #9
velvet
"with you, happiness"

.... aka-chan Dango wa, itsumo shiawase no naka de...

Old 2009-03-05, 23:30   Link #10
drpassafiume

Spoiler for For episode 21:

Now, everyone together, we are going to BEND reality to make everything the way it should be. Focus your mental powers and never mind the consequences of meddling with the fabric of space and time, I'm sure it will all work out somehow and if not, well, we won't be around to see it anyway...

It will work...
Old 2009-03-06, 00:17   Link #11
kyomagi

Shes a cutie., drpassafiume, if you need to be spoiled on anything, read my spoiler tag in the game thread
Old 2009-03-06, 11:48   Link #12
Divini
Senpai!

Spoiler for Episode 21:
Old 2009-03-07, 01:36   Link #13
JPZ
Ninjin loves you, yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio View Post
I love Ushio~ *__* My favorite Clannad character, ever. KyoAni did so well portraying her! Makes me wish I had a kid like her.
Agreed.
Old 2009-03-08, 15:31   Link #14
ThoHell

Dude if he lost Ushio too, I'm not sure what Tomoyo would do or become. I don't even know how real life people could handle it. If it were to happen to me, I would conclude that life is out for me and hates me! Now if he were to start over again and have it all taken from him again, might as well end his life. Definitely the world is out for him!
Old 2009-03-09, 00:20   Link #15
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

most people if they lost wife and daughter in the same way over a period of 4 years would probably lose it..
Old 2009-03-10, 22:34   Link #16
JPZ
Ninjin loves you, yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
most people if they lost wife and daughter in the same way over a period of 4 years would probably lose it..
i know for sure i would be in the lowest pits of despair
Old 2009-03-11, 00:35   Link #17
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Ushio is such a well behaved child. Wonder if my child will be like that haha. Just a thought.

Ushio is such a loveable character. At least you get the feeling that a bit of Nagisa was still around while watching Clannad.
Old 2009-03-11, 04:03   Link #18
mikumiku

Er, well, my first post on this forum. By the way, is Ushio chan really died in episode 21? I don't play PC game CLANNAD...I like Nagisa but she died at last...and I really like Ushio, I hope Ushio will come back to life in episode 22.

By the way, that's my first post on this kind of forum, ^ ^, and I think it's fresh to see so many people live out of Asia love Japanese anime.
Old 2009-03-11, 13:45   Link #19
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Ushio died. And general thoughts are she did not die for good enough reason.
Thus the rage. -_-"

And by the way too, AnimeSuki is not limited to non-asian

Old 2009-03-11, 19:30   Link #20
hai_san

IF i have to rate Ushio kawai lvl 1 to 10 i would give her a 10˛, god her seiryuu is also just amazing i love her voice. One of the best anime "child" ever!
Closed Thread