AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2022-08-10, 11:27   Link #4161
Mirable
ミラベル

^pretty sure the part when Rio told everyone about he against harem idea, ever since then Roberto1 rudely talk down this novel whatever chance he got.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-10, 17:25   Link #4162
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
some friends have been sending me spoilers on facebook, in addition to the ones you people have written here, and the truth is that I don't like the direction the story is taking, not even a little, I'm just waiting for jagt's summary to see if what I've been told it's true, if it's true I'm going to drop this novel for sure, my patience is exhausted.
a friend of mine recommended me "overlord", that novel is so much better than this one , I don't understand how a novel as bad as this one has come so far, seigensu only good vol is number 21, the rest is garbage.
No one going to stop you anyway, and it's the other way around, this series starting to become really good from volume 19 onward, before that is just romcom.
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-10, 18:35   Link #4163
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
What direction in particular do you see the story taking that’s giving you red flags? Genuinely curious.
1.-celia's massive power up, not only as a magician but also as a warrior, seems very silly and unjustified to me, I am very delicate with power scales, that spell just broke the power scale of the series, because not only celia is going to have that power up, it will be all the girls of the pseudo harem, every single one of them.

2.- last chapter, miharu's dream, that´s bullshit, it's clearly a bait of the author, I don't think he's stupid enough to send miharu with the hero of fire like he did in the WN, he only writes that to make people think he will do it, that for me, it is a mockery, he is laughing at the readers, it's not funny to me.

3.-the lack of lore, I have barely read 5 volumes of overlord, and in those 5 volumes the lore of overlord is 4 times broader, bigger and better than the one in seigetsu, and I am just starting to read overlord, it cannot be that a novel with 22 volumes has so little lore, the only vol with lore in seigetsu is vol number 21, that's why that's the only good volume, I thought that after vol 21 we were already going to finally get the lore, but nothing, the damn author continues to waste time.

4.-I can't stand takshisa and renji anymore, their role as secondary antagonists has already tired my patience, (not to mention reis, of which I couldn't be more fed up), I just don't like those 2 and they don't have what it takes to be secondary villians, the author has a mania for not killing the characters who have already given everything they had to give, he greatly lengthens their arcs even though they no longer have anything to offer, takashisa and renji should be dead already, but I just can't see the end of the participation of these 2 and I can't stand them anymore

5.- I think that myself and many others could write this novel better, every time I see theories of what people thinks is going to happen on facebook or reddit I think "damn, that would have been better than what author gave us"

I could expand much more, but I don't want to bore you gentlemen, this novel for me is rubbish, trash, scum etc, one of the worst novels i have ever read, the only good volume is number 21, that vol was so good that it seemed that another author wrote it, one author that does actually have a hint of talent, Yuri Kitayama is one of the
worst authors I've had the misfortune to read.
Old 2022-08-11, 05:24   Link #4164
hihoperorin

Quote:
1.-celia's massive power up, not only as a magician but also as a warrior, seems very silly and unjustified to me, I am very delicate with power scales, that spell just broke the power scale of the series, because not only celia is going to have that power up, it will be all the girls of the pseudo harem, every single one of them.

2.- last chapter, miharu's dream, that´s bullshit, it's clearly a bait of the author, I don't think he's stupid enough to send miharu with the hero of fire like he did in the WN, he only writes that to make people think he will do it, that for me, it is a mockery, he is laughing at the readers, it's not funny to me.

3.-the lack of lore, I have barely read 5 volumes of overlord, and in those 5 volumes the lore of overlord is 4 times broader, bigger and better than the one in seigetsu, and I am just starting to read overlord, it cannot be that a novel with 22 volumes has so little lore, the only vol with lore in seigetsu is vol number 21, that's why that's the only good volume, I thought that after vol 21 we were already going to finally get the lore, but nothing, the damn author continues to waste time.

4.-I can't stand takshisa and renji anymore, their role as secondary antagonists has already tired my patience, (not to mention reis, of which I couldn't be more fed up), I just don't like those 2 and they don't have what it takes to be secondary villians, the author has a mania for not killing the characters who have already given everything they had to give, he greatly lengthens their arcs even though they no longer have anything to offer, takashisa and renji should be dead already, but I just can't see the end of the participation of these 2 and I can't stand them anymore

5.- I think that myself and many others could write this novel better, every time I see theories of what people thinks is going to happen on facebook or reddit I think "damn, that would have been better than what author gave us"

I could expand much more, but I don't want to bore you gentlemen, this novel for me is rubbish, trash, scum etc, one of the worst novels i have ever read, the only good volume is number 21, that vol was so good that it seemed that another author wrote it, one author that does actually have a hint of talent, Yuri Kitayama is one of the

1- Celia didn't become Alfred Emar, she just overpowered some knights, everybody overpowers knights in this story, they exist to be overpowered. And she did it with a spell that copies the swordsmanship of champions I think. She just has stage one sharingan I guess, anyone good with the sword can toy with her.

2- If you're reading this story, then you signed up for this. Besides it will be fun to read, Miharu will probably remember Rio, get a powerup and might even mop the floor with takahisa.

3- Nah, it's not like your point is invalid but we got a good amount of lore in vol21, although personally I would have preferred vol22 has Rio/Aishia/Sora go deep into investigation, lore and ancient stuff, maybe even meet a real antagonist and the girls to be left to fend for themselves.

4- Patience young padawan, patience. Renji is just a hired muscle, Takahisa just kidnapped a girl in vol 10 fisco. I don't see why they should die, but yeah Reiss kinda overstayed his welcome.

5- I sometimes feel like author could take our advice sure, but you have no idea how hard it is to write a story, the we you talk about most likely wouldn't even get past the world building.

Man if this is giving you stress, stop reading it. Then again, you would have stopped long ago if you could huh.

ps: overlord's author said he's axing it in 2 vols because of piracy of the novel or sth, lol he probably got bored of writing it, so if you're gonna read that...

pps: what's seigetsu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
No one going to stop you anyway, and it's the other way around, this series starting to become really good from volume 19 onward, before that is just romcom.
Yeah this is totally where the fun starts, as long as the author doesn't regress into filler tea parties and neglect the interesting plot and MC, sorta what he did in v22 tbh, but I guess we can't have them all be vol 20/21.

Last edited by hihoperorin; 2022-08-11 at 05:43.
hihoperorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-11, 19:03   Link #4165
jagt

Wiki updated.
Old 2022-08-12, 04:16   Link #4166
tsunade666

can you clarify the epilogue?

Quote:
Miharu asks the voice’s owner their identity, but they don’t answer, the voice tells Miharu that one day she will be asked to make a decision, an important one, that she will have a very important decision forced on her, that at that time she will think it is obviously a bad choice, that she will feel that that choice is absolutely a mistake. Miharu asks the voice what it is saying. The voice tells Miharu that it strongly recommends the choice that she will think it is absolutely wrong, then the voice disappears.
I don't understand. Initially, I thought that the voice is encouraging Miharu do what she think is wrong but here? its not that clear to me. here, I think the voice is saying that the choice she would do is absolutely wrong. And is takatrash divine weapon interfering with Miharu's thought process?
Old 2022-08-12, 09:13   Link #4167
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
can you clarify the epilogue?

I don't understand. Initially, I thought that the voice is encouraging Miharu do what she think is wrong but here? its not that clear to me. here, I think the voice is saying that the choice she would do is absolutely wrong. And is takatrash divine weapon interfering with Miharu's thought process?
Your initial idea was right, the voice just tells Miharu that at the time that important decision is forced on her, she will feel that one her possible choices is obviouly bad and that she will think it is obviously wrong, but it still wants Miharu to pick up that option despite what she feels and thinks.

About Takahisa's weapon, the divine weapons shouldn't have that kind of function equipped, I can't totally deny your idea because the books might not have told us yet everything the weapons can do and the voice's origin and purpose remain unknown, but I don't think Takahisa's weapon is related to this case, to me, it looks more like an attempt of the other wise Gods to stop Lina's plan for destroying the rules, after all they need them for keeping hidden the nastiest and most dangeorous parts of the hero summoning system.
Old 2022-08-12, 11:31   Link #4168
Xan2341

Do the wise gods even care about humanity however to interfere with Miharu? Based on what little has been released on them, they are not fond of humans anymore and abandoned their duty to them long ago except Lina. I don't see them caring if the hero system became known, because it was never truly for humanity's benefit in the first place. Breaking the rules would probably be welcomed by them as well.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 12:01   Link #4169
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

So the voice is telling Miharu to go against her better judgement? Yeah, that's not sus at all.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 12:23   Link #4170
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan2341 View Post
Do the wise gods even care about humanity however to interfere with Miharu? Based on what little has been released on them, they are not fond of humans anymore and abandoned their duty to them long ago except Lina. I don't see them caring if the hero system became known, because it was never truly for humanity's benefit in the first place. Breaking the rules would probably be welcomed by them as well.
Are the wise gods even still alive? Who's doing what and plotting what? We need another info dump before we can make any worthwhile theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
So the voice is telling Miharu to go against her better judgement? Yeah, that's not sus at all.
It might be that the bad decision has to do with Rio, highly unlikely since he just left and probably will not return to Garalk for a while, or with Takahisa, which is hella sus, yeah.
Old 2022-08-12, 12:30   Link #4171
Xan2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
Are the wise gods even still alive? Who's doing what and plotting what? We need another info dump before we can make any worthwhile theories.
Only clue we have that at least one is active or their familiar is from volume 3 where someone of unknown gender was observing strahl apathetically as the hero system activated and delivered monologue on the system perhaps giving the world a different chance this time.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 13:07   Link #4172
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Only clue we have that at least one is active or their familiar is from volume 3 where someone of unknown gender was observing strahl apathetically as the hero system activated and delivered monologue on the system perhaps giving the world a different chance this time.
That's one thing annoying about this Novel. The slow progress. Author tends to keep reusing Antagonists over and over while keeping important figures and lore hidden for many volumes.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2022-08-12 at 13:20.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 16:29   Link #4173
tsunade666

That's true. It's been spread far to thin. I don't even have a clue for the church of the end and their saint.
Old 2022-08-12, 17:11   Link #4174
jagt

Quote:
Please keep in mind that for them interfering with Miharu might be the same as interfiring with Lina and not with humanity, that maybe they somehow caught Lina's smeel from Miharu or something. Not being fond of humanity isn't the same that not being fond of being its adoration target, and how that enables them to use it as they need or see fit. Having the truth about what happenned in the past revealed will ruin that. The breakship of the rules benefitting them or not is unknown, the same way that hero summonning system uses them to its benefit they could have created other mechanisms that also take advantage of them. Another possible reason is that they begin from the premise that any plan made by Lina ends with her, the released great spirits and the revived dragon king ganging on them and making them pay, so they will simply destroy it just in case it is something dangerous for them.
Old 2022-08-12, 20:22   Link #4175
Roberto1

Quote:

as always thanks for the summary Mister jagt
the spoilers people gave me were a bit exaggerated, the volume is not that bad, but it is still inferior in every posible way compared to vol 21 and definitely one of the worst we ever had.

good things about the vol:

Celia's development, especially in the final chapter, it was kinda good, it was about time she did something on her own, and without help, her determination was good, but she is still very soft, she should have killed those useless soldiers, I take back what I said about her power up, her power up was well done and she developed as she should have back in vol 19.

Hiroaki's development, it seems that he is going to stop being a dumb and useless character and he is going to be a decent character, I like the change in attitude that he is having, the only problem is that his development seems to be conditioned to not remembering the MC, there is a risk of a regression once he remembers him, which would be a real fiasco, this author is like that, he likes to throw away the previous development, damned author.

reni development, I also retract what I said about him, in this volume he proved to have enough to be a secondary villain, his enthusiasm for fighting women without nonsense like chivalry pleases me, also his enthusiasm for improving and becoming stronger and his taste for fighting and killing, I like it a lot, he got more than enough to be a secondary villian.

Sora's development, I really like her character and how she develops, she seems like a great addition to the cast, she is perfect to be killed later and cause a great impact on the series and cause a great evolution in the MC, but the author he would never dare, that's why a mediocre novel like this will never really get better.

awful thing about the vol:

I take back what I said earlier about the author not having any talent, he does have talent, his talent is to write garbage, 85% of the volume is garbage, and the worst possible garbarge.

aki's parts were disastrous, the worst thing I've read in this LN, and that's already saying a lot, paragraphs and paragraphs of her feelings, her thoughts, her apologies, damn, that's what i called wasting time and pages of a book, this type of parts are the responsible ones of us not having enough lore, for garbage like this that takes up so much space we dont get enough of the decent stuff.

hero of flame, fire or whatever he is, each page invested in him and in his stupidity is a wasted page, and in this volume his participations were tortuously long, and therefore 20% of the pages went to the trash, i discovered that another of the author's talents besides writing rubbish is wasting pages that could be invested in the lore on characters that do not contribute anything, like the hero of fire and his dumb sista.

The worst thing about fire hero is that his participation will last for a long time, I don't see the end of his character in the short term, I can feel that he will be in this novel until the end, a torture and a waste of time for all the readers.

cristina; i'm already tired of her, her weakness and uselessness, she and her sister have wasted many pages that should be used in the lore, instead of being used in this useless pair of sisters, her plot of beltrum problems seems somniferous to me and a waste of pages.

RIO, As always, one of the weakest links in the series is the protagonist, the volumes, and the months and years go by and he continues without adequate development, he continues with his loser cuck mentality, without enough determination to do things and with mental weakness , that part where he talks with aishia about the fire hero, and what to do about him, Rio's position seemed disastrous to me, it actually disgusted me, he's still the same WN loser, this author has never heard of developing the protagonist, he is still just as stupid as always, you could put the Rio from volume 3 in the same situation and it would do exactly the same as the Rio from vol 22, a policy of hands-off, what rubbish, hiroaki would be a better MC or renji.

and finally reis, there is not much to say about him. I think there is not sigle soul here in this forum who thinks that reis is a good villain, reis is really one of the worst villains that I have had the misfortune to read, (worse in the sense of poorly written and poorly developed), writting a good villain It's not that difficult, if you don't have talent like yuri kitayama you just have to copy a great fictional villain, griffin from berserk, Johan Liebheart from monster, Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin, meruem from hunterx etc.
there are many good villains you can copy, but no, here we have reis, a villain so poor and sad that his worst sin is to have been written

"The greatness of a hero is measured by the quality of his Villains" this explains why rio is such a mediocre and bad protagonist, his villain is the same, reis is just as bad as him, the 2 are the worst of this series.

rating of this volume, 4 out of 10, one of the worst, but the spoilers they gave me made it look worse

Last edited by Roberto1; 2022-08-12 at 20:36.
Roberto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 23:18   Link #4176
nik45

Quote:
the spoilers people gave me were a bit exaggerated, the volume is not that bad, but it is still inferior in every posible way compared to vol 21 and definitely one of the worst we ever had.

Celia's development, especially in the final chapter, it was kinda good, it was about time she did something on her own, and without help, her determination was good, but she is still very soft, she should have killed those useless soldiers, I take back what I said about her power up, her power up was well done and she developed as she should have back in vol 19.

Hiroaki's development, it seems that he is going to stop being a dumb and useless character and he is going to be a decent character, I like the change in attitude that he is having, the only problem is that his development seems to be conditioned to not remembering the MC, there is a risk of a regression once he remembers him, which would be a real fiasco, this author is like that, he likes to throw away the previous development, damned author.

reni development, I also retract what I said about him, in this volume he proved to have enough to be a secondary villain, his enthusiasm for fighting women without nonsense like chivalry pleases me, also his enthusiasm for improving and becoming stronger and his taste for fighting and killing, I like it a lot, he got more than enough to be a secondary villian.

Sora's development, I really like her character and how she develops, she seems like a great addition to the cast, she is perfect to be killed later and cause a great impact on the series and cause a great evolution in the MC, but the author he would never dare, that's why a mediocre novel like this will never really get better.

I take back what I said earlier about the author not having any talent, he does have talent, his talent is to write garbage, 85% of the volume is garbage, and the worst possible garbarge.

aki's parts were disastrous, the worst thing I've read in this LN, and that's already saying a lot, paragraphs and paragraphs of her feelings, her thoughts, her apologies, damn, that's what i called wasting time and pages of a book, this type of parts are the responsible ones of us not having enough lore, for garbage like this that takes up so much space we dont get enough of the decent stuff.

hero of flame, fire or whatever he is, each page invested in him and in his stupidity is a wasted page, and in this volume his participations were tortuously long, and therefore 20% of the pages went to the trash, i discovered that another of the author's talents besides writing rubbish is wasting pages that could be invested in the lore on characters that do not contribute anything, like the hero of fire and his dumb sista.

The worst thing about fire hero is that his participation will last for a long time, I don't see the end of his character in the short term, I can feel that he will be in this novel until the end, a torture and a waste of time for all the readers.

cristina; i'm already tired of her, her weakness and uselessness, she and her sister have wasted many pages that should be used in the lore, instead of being used in this useless pair of sisters, her plot of beltrum problems seems somniferous to me and a waste of pages.

RIO, As always, one of the weakest links in the series is the protagonist, the volumes, and the months and years go by and he continues without adequate development, he continues with his loser cuck mentality, without enough determination to do things and with mental weakness , that part where he talks with aishia about the fire hero, and what to do about him, Rio's position seemed disastrous to me, it actually disgusted me, he's still the same WN loser, this author has never heard of developing the protagonist, he is still just as stupid as always, you could put the Rio from volume 3 in the same situation and it would do exactly the same as the Rio from vol 22, a policy of hands-off, what rubbish, hiroaki would be a better MC or renji.

and finally reis, there is not much to say about him. I think there is not sigle soul here in this forum who thinks that reis is a good villain, reis is really one of the worst villains that I have had the misfortune to read, (worse in the sense of poorly written and poorly developed), writting a good villain It's not that difficult, if you don't have talent like yuri kitayama you just have to copy a great fictional villain, griffin from berserk, Johan Liebheart from monster, Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin, meruem from hunterx etc.
there are many good villains you can copy, but no, here we have reis, a villain so poor and sad that his worst sin is to have been written

"The greatness of a hero is measured by the quality of his Villains" this explains why rio is such a mediocre and bad protagonist, his villain is the same, reis is just as bad as him, the 2 are the worst of this series.

rating of this volume, 4 out of 10, one of the worst, but the spoilers they gave me made it look worse
Dude can you just stop reading?
Imagine talking about killing a character just as its introduced and also just for the sake of character development of MC, killing characters doesn't equal to character development. Because of guys like you author chooses to play safe and even then guys like you come out and say its mediocre and its not original .
nik45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-13, 01:17   Link #4177
hihoperorin

Quote:

You need to stop projecting what you want to read into the novel and getting mad when you don't get it. Also don't diss Rio, he's fine as he is.
Old 2022-08-13, 08:24   Link #4178
tsunade666

Quote:
You need to stop projecting what you want to read into the novel and getting mad when you don't get it. Also don't diss Rio, he's fine as he is.
agreed. What's the problem with a coward MC. He has past trauma that didn't just vanished away magically when reincarnated, plus didn't he reject his past life. he live his life for now and just accepted that he has past life and didn't live as a continuation of his past life. he even accepts that he has a past life as a dragon but just accept it as his past and didn't allow it to affect his current life. which is what I want. I'm kind of sick with reincarnating into isekai to have a better life from your current life. its escapism at its finest. isekai trope.

rio has flasws and I loved those flaws. it feels more realistic to me than an absurd brave mc that just takes on whatever happen and live the life to its fullest without care or restrains. feels to alien to me. they are fun to read/watched but forgettable mc's for me. struggle and live. that's what I like most.
Old 2022-08-13, 10:15   Link #4179
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
agreed. What's the problem with a coward MC. He has past trauma that didn't just vanished away magically when reincarnated, plus didn't he reject his past life. he live his life for now and just accepted that he has past life and didn't live as a continuation of his past life. he even accepts that he has a past life as a dragon but just accept it as his past and didn't allow it to affect his current life. which is what I want. I'm kind of sick with reincarnating into isekai to have a better life from your current life. its escapism at its finest. isekai trope.

rio has flasws and I loved those flaws. it feels more realistic to me than an absurd brave mc that just takes on whatever happen and live the life to its fullest without care or restrains. feels to alien to me. they are fun to read/watched but forgettable mc's for me. struggle and live. that's what I like most.
Exactly, it's the flaws that make him shine as a character, imo he's a very underrated character and MC. People desire from him what unrealistic generic MCs are. ofc he's going to walk away and assume she has a boyfriend if he saw the girl he likes after 10 years and she was talking happily to another dude about going home together. Obviously he'll be scared the girl and 2 kids he cares about and who never saw a real blade before would become scared of him if they saw his warrior face, who wouldn't. People calling him the weak link of the novel, personally I think he carried the novel on his back through so many tea parties volumes.
Old 2022-08-13, 11:06   Link #4180
jagt

Quote:
Exactly, it's the flaws that make him shine as a character, imo he's a very underrated character and MC. People desire from him what unrealistic generic MCs are. ofc he's going to walk away and assume she has a boyfriend if he saw the girl he likes after 10 years and she was talking happily to another dude about going home together. Obviously he'll be scared the girl and 2 kids he cares about and who never saw a real blade before would become scared of him if they saw his warrior face, who wouldn't. People calling him the weak link of the novel, personally I think he carried the novel on his back through so many tea parties volumes.
I agree withe 99% of this post. But guys, is it really the fact that they talk things over tea that important for you all? Yes, the characters of this series drink a lot of tea, but what about it? Isn't the most important thing of those scenes the fact that Rio and whatever girl, or whatever group of people meet and use that time for deepening their bonds? Isn't the fact that the current relationships between all of the characters are the way they are because their took their time deepening their bonds spending those times together? At least it is that way for me, because it helps to the feeling of realism you all are talking about, at least in my opinion. Just why do you all care more about them having tea, coffee, water, liquour, juice or whatever during their talks than about the talks themselves?

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai