AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 18:37   Link #221
Nosauz

seriously this show is what you call pandering, but man do i love me some otaku teacher, and her sister, for some reason mikazuki is just way more attractive then riko or ako. Anyway the show needs more kiryuu sensei and mikazuki, I could care less about the others.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 18:43   Link #222
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
for some reason mikazuki is just way more attractive then riko or ako.
Yes! Exactly one of the reasons from the first time she appeared as to why I liked her.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 18:50   Link #223
Nosauz

I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that she's the only real "genki" girl of the bunch, and kiryuu's appeal stems from her lack of experience even though the age difference is a bit awkward and hard to reconcile.
Old 2010-05-25, 18:53   Link #224
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that she's the only real "genki" girl of the bunch, and kiryuu's appeal stems from her lack of experience even though the age difference is a bit awkward and hard to reconcile.
What is Genki again? I am really not familiar with some Japanese terms.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:05   Link #225
Nosauz

Genki-> energetic, usually the sporty girl
Old 2010-05-25, 20:19   Link #226
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Genki-> energetic, usually the sporty girl
Yeah ok...now I get it. Absolutely agree with you on that one. Another good reason I like her for that.
Old 2010-05-25, 20:53   Link #227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

genki can also be sarcastic or cynically used -- my wife's grandmother would use it to sarcastically suggest kids were being too rowdy. Tomo in AzuDa was spazzy, hyperactive -- "genki" was the diplomatic term. Kaede used it in a worried voice to describe Asa at the beginning of Shuffle! when Asa was flirty with Rin.

Its all in the tone of voice
Old 2010-05-25, 22:41   Link #228
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

After episode 07:

Riko = 2
Ako = 1.5
Miharu = 0.5
Kiryuu-sensei = 1 -> or do you want to count how many times she did that...?
Mikazukimouto = 0
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 04:24   Link #229
Qikz

Just started watching this yesterday, not too bad in all honesty. Oh! sweeeetsu.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 16:01   Link #230
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Uhm, is anyone still subbing this anime or is there something going on that i'm not aware of. Because there's been a bunch of animes that's already been aired 2-3 days ago and still hasn't been subbed yet. *Sad face*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 05:43   Link #231
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Until a fansub group announces its dropping a series, they're still subbing that series. People take breaks, get sick, have real life interrupts.

Frankly, unless 3 or 4 weeks have passed... you're more likely to get your liver eaten by a fansub group for asking that question than an answer. Best thing to do is to lurk at the fansub group's website and watch for blog/status updates.
Old 2010-05-28, 07:44   Link #232
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
*Lurks behind Vexx*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 08:45   Link #233
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Right, I've just watched the subs for episode 8, and I can safely say that I deserved to be subjected to disciplinary action (as handed out by Riko) for not picking up on this fun little series earlier.

It's still hard for me to reconcile Ako with K-On!'s Azusa...

Spoiler for episode 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Frankly, unless 3 or 4 weeks have passed... you're more likely to get your liver eaten by a fansub group for asking that question than an answer. Best thing to do is to lurk at the fansub group's website and watch for blog/status updates.
Mmmmmm... Liver...
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 14:42   Link #234
Molenir

After watching episode 8, I'm starting to wonder why I bother with this show. The whole peeing thing again, and that chicken. What would redeem this for me, is if they have chicken dinner next week. Either that, or have it crap on Keitas head. That would be amusing, and perhaps he wouldn't park it on his head like a brainless twit.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 15:08   Link #235
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
genki can also be sarcastic or cynically used -- my wife's grandmother would use it to sarcastically suggest kids were being too rowdy. Tomo in AzuDa was spazzy, hyperactive -- "genki" was the diplomatic term. Kaede used it in a worried voice to describe Asa at the beginning of Shuffle! when Asa was flirty with Rin.

Its all in the tone of voice
very true, internets fail to bring out tone. it's like saying some one is sturdy when you mean their portly or the like.

This show... I don't even know why i keep watching, at this point i think i should just quit while i still have brain cells to lose.
Old 2010-05-28, 21:28   Link #236
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Kiryuu needs to get laid and bad she keep trying to stop Keita and his step sisters and pour Miharu she just got bad luck when she around Keita
Old 2010-05-28, 21:35   Link #237
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Haha, seems that I'm one of the people here who would watch this till the end.
Angel Beats and Fate/stay night watched simultaneously with Kiss x Sis helps fight the brain drain.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 01:54   Link #238
ZeKeR
Superbad

and im pretty sure that SEASON 2 will be ready.... i mean.... who DOESNT want to watch this epic funniness?
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 08:29   Link #239
kitten320

I had skipped through some episodes just out of curiousity and... show looks a bit too random... sisters are weird... don't relly have anything against incest but so forcefully going after your own brother? And he also isn't helping things...

And what's with whole peeing yourself thing? Can't she go to the toilet like normal human being istead waiting till the last moment?

Has some funny moments but over all... Meh...

Well whoever likes it, hope you'll enjoy it till the end^^
Old 2010-05-31, 08:53   Link #240
Wrath88
Kissing...

Subconscious imprinting, perhaps. But seriously, Kiryuu-sensei's much more interesting than the other non-sister characters

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen