AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-05, 15:09   Link #41
CaCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Sounds good to me. Let me know if you find a good episode 5 with decent quality because the one I have is utterly HORRIBLE; the sound and the video quality. I even feel ashamed of uploading that one...

I want to apologize for not fansubbing this anime in months. But I believe that pretty soon I will have some time to work on the next 6 episodes so that I can create a torrent of 6 files.

Regarding the other 4 episodes let me see what I can do to put them up again.

Regards.
Hi Sugetsu!!!

OMG!!! This is the best news I've gotten all year. Hear me out please.

I'm mexican and I grew up with my sisters watching the whole series in Spanish (for those confused, the version here is from Spain, in mexico they show the Argentinian dub... you know it's different, and intro song is in spanish too). Amazingly enough I am now engaged to a beautiful Korean girl that is also a huge Candy Candy fan. We get married next July.

I was EXTREMELY excited when I found out you were doing the whole series on Torrent and check online every week or so for news regarding new episodes. I lost all hope when I heard nothing for a while.

My plan was to get the whole series and make DVD collections from your torrents and give them to my sister's and my fiance as wedding presents from me. I don't think you'll finish subbing by then, so it's okay really. And honestly, the true fans will not give a crap about the quality. It could be in black and white and they would still love it, trust me on this one.

But I really encourage you to keep the work up. And if you need ANY help, I will be more than willing to lend a hand.

I swear I will seed the entire series for months and a whole year even, if it is made available. My server is on 24/7 seeding stuff constantly. I regularily seed until I have a 1:5 ratio.

Sorry, I'm just sooo excited to hear that it's not being left to die. I just can't contain myself.

Thank you soooo much Sugetsu, please, I implore you to let me know if there is anything I can do to help your cause.

CaCo

ps. If anyone here wants the first four, I can start a new torrent and seed it!!! Keep Candy Candy alive!!!
CaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 11:01   Link #42
I My Me

ok im up to episode 38 now with only chapter 18 i belive and 5 been low quality a ya 37 is bad 2 i sended i emil to boliviosion to see if they want to sell me the 8mm i will have to wait for an answer i belive super chanel 3 wanted 1.2k USD for the whole series copyrigh wich is super cheap! however that was long time ago >< i found naother source the seiries in dvd supost to be good quality for only 90 bucks plus around 30 bucks shiping. 49 dvds in total. but it must be bootleg, bha i hope this guys make some dvds soon i dont like bootleg dvds. they also have capitan tsuban in vhs i htink any way send me a tell so i can send you candy candy 005
I My Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 11:16   Link #43
ichido reichan

excuse me, next time can you write in better english, I could not understand a thing you are saying, is like a 5 year old writing.

and another thing, dream on, the candy candy sources are limited to tv listing, unless you are a channel, there is no way they gonna sell you the "rights"

so dont come to pull that crap here.
ichido reichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 14:58   Link #44
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCo
Hi Sugetsu!!!

OMG!!! This is the best news I've gotten all year. Hear me out please.

I'm mexican and I grew up with my sisters watching the whole series in Spanish (for those confused, the version here is from Spain, in mexico they show the Argentinian dub... you know it's different, and intro song is in spanish too). Amazingly enough I am now engaged to a beautiful Korean girl that is also a huge Candy Candy fan. We get married next July.

I was EXTREMELY excited when I found out you were doing the whole series on Torrent and check online every week or so for news regarding new episodes. I lost all hope when I heard nothing for a while.

My plan was to get the whole series and make DVD collections from your torrents and give them to my sister's and my fiance as wedding presents from me. I don't think you'll finish subbing by then, so it's okay really. And honestly, the true fans will not give a crap about the quality. It could be in black and white and they would still love it, trust me on this one.

But I really encourage you to keep the work up. And if you need ANY help, I will be more than willing to lend a hand.

I swear I will seed the entire series for months and a whole year even, if it is made available. My server is on 24/7 seeding stuff constantly. I regularily seed until I have a 1:5 ratio.

Sorry, I'm just sooo excited to hear that it's not being left to die. I just can't contain myself.

Thank you soooo much Sugetsu, please, I implore you to let me know if there is anything I can do to help your cause.

CaCo

ps. If anyone here wants the first four, I can start a new torrent and seed it!!! Keep Candy Candy alive!!!
My friend those are indeed very encouraging words to me. Consider it a DEAL! If you have a good server I could start reseeding the first 4 episodes of candy candy and at the same time keep seeding the rest of the episodes through your server.

I was trying to find a decent source for candy candy ep 5 but if it has been extremely difficult to find. If you guys don't care then I'll go right ahead

PM me

Sugetsu
Old 2004-11-12, 15:04   Link #45
c.oper

I Have The First 84

Hello All...

I have the first 84 Chapters of Candy Candy, which I'd downloaded via bitorrent... does any one know where can I find the next 31 chapters that I'm missing?.

There are some of 'em that have a decent quality, and some that have a very poor quality. They're all dubbed in spanish. I would like to get the rest. Hope I can find some info here.

Thanks in advance.

c.oper
c.oper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 12:40   Link #46
CaCo

Quote:
My friend those are indeed very encouraging words to me. Consider it a DEAL! If you have a good server I could start reseeding the first 4 episodes of candy candy and at the same time keep seeding the rest of the episodes through your server.

I was trying to find a decent source for candy candy ep 5 but if it has been extremely difficult to find. If you guys don't care then I'll go right ahead

PM me

Sugetsu
Hi Sugetsu,

I've sent you a PM. Please let me know what I can do to begin with. Thank you very much for your time.

Thanks,
CaCo
CaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 15:01   Link #47
vantur

Point blank tracker

Quote:

PM me

Sugetsu
Actually there is a tracker which you can use, its simple to use and its html based...

Please check out http://point-blank.cc:6969/index.html?search=%5BAnY%5D

I hope that helps..
vantur
vantur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 18:42   Link #48
kuru

Don't know why it wasn't added to the main page , but there's a torrent for episodes 1-29 of Candy Candy in the Torrents Submission forum, fansubbed by "DAF"

Didn't watch any episode yet, but, even if the video quality isn't great, audio is Japanese, subs seem to be good and this is one of anime greatest classics. People should give it a try
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 06:48   Link #49
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, the video quality isn't great, but that was expectable. It is more or less bearable though and thank God someone actually took the trouble to publish them. Hope they can get the whole series out
Old 2006-03-29, 07:15   Link #50
HanG-BuiK-ZwijN
Saizen's laziest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Don't know why it wasn't added to the main page , but there's a torrent for episodes 1-29 of Candy Candy in the Torrents Submission forum, fansubbed by "DAF"

Didn't watch any episode yet, but, even if the video quality isn't great, audio is Japanese, subs seem to be good and this is one of anime greatest classics. People should give it a try

hehehe i was actaully the one that submitted it

i downloaded this a week ago or so and was wondering if it was "unlicensed" since it is licensed in several europe countries

i actually WATCHED the first ep yesterday and it was REALLY enjoyable

the quality is not superb but watchable to bad i can't find any contact information about DAF

another interesting thing is that recently (2004) a french company released the original soundtrack , regarding the fight the creators have about the rights , can't find it altough :/

(will look that one up)

there is actually a international petition going on to put candy candy back on tv, i already signed it http://candyneige.com/vote/petition2.php3 <--- sign kudasai xD
Old 2006-03-29, 07:26   Link #51
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

I took them last week. I did enjoy them even if the "Anthony chapter" is a bit boring (I prefer the Terry arc). I hope that DAF will sub all the episodes since I never knowed how the story ends.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 07:37   Link #52
HanG-BuiK-ZwijN
Saizen's laziest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
I took them last week. I did enjoy them even if the "Anthony chapter" is a bit boring (I prefer the Terry arc). I hope that DAF will sub all the episodes since I never knowed how the story ends.
there is a complete wikipedia page about candy candy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Candy

manga's should be available according to that page

you can spoil yourself there to about the story

i'll go look for that french cd so see if it is actually available
Old 2006-03-29, 08:55   Link #53
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanG-BuiK-ZwijN
there is a complete wikipedia page about candy candy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Candy

manga's should be available according to that page

you can spoil yourself there to about the story

i'll go look for that french cd so see if it is actually available
About the manga, does anyone know where can we get the scanlations? AFAIK, there isn't (shoujomagic plans to do it in the future).

I LOVE Candy Candy (and all the old anime's <3) and I'm so happy to know about the anime being subbed. Too bad currently the torrent doesn't work and we're not sure if the subs will continue or not...

I hope Georgie gets subbed too XD;;
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 14:43   Link #54
HanG-BuiK-ZwijN
Saizen's laziest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
About the manga, does anyone know where can we get the scanlations? AFAIK, there isn't (shoujomagic plans to do it in the future).

I LOVE Candy Candy (and all the old anime's <3) and I'm so happy to know about the anime being subbed. Too bad currently the torrent doesn't work and we're not sure if the subs will continue or not...

i justed tested the torrent and it worked
sure you got the right link ? : http://insanity.in:6969/torrents/%5B...7a83489fcb7723
(this link worked just now)

go look for the meitantei holmes (1984) to if your interrested, it seems to be unlicensed to

Hbz
Old 2006-03-29, 17:22   Link #55
SilentBob
I like corm

Candy Candy with japanese audio? Wow, I never thought I'd get to see it, hehe. All I've ever seen is the spanish version (once when I was a kid, my introduction to anime, and recently the 4 first episodes that were here before). Gotta get this.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 01:56   Link #56
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith

Once upon a time there was a site "Candy Candy English Translation Project" which had the whole manga, 90% or so in English, but can't find it any more.
If you don't believe me, this is where it was:
http://web.archive.org/web/200203061...hite/menu.html
click on 1... or 2...
PM me I guess, if it matters.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 02:35   Link #57
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access
Once upon a time there was a site "Candy Candy English Translation Project" which had the whole manga, 90% or so in English, but can't find it any more.
If you don't believe me, this is where it was:
http://web.archive.org/web/200203061...hite/menu.html
click on 1... or 2...
PM me I guess, if it matters.
Aw, it's blocked. LOL thanks, ofcourse I believe you.

*searches in IRC*
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 06:15   Link #58
melich

I'm SO grateful to Denjin Anime Fansubs for releasing this gem of a series! I loved Candy Candy as kid.. I'm now in my 20s and I'm glad to get a chance to watch the series all over again. I finished the first 29 episodes in 2 days, and enjoyed it immensely. I can't wait to see the rest! For those eager to find out what happens next (after the Anthony arc), you can check this Candy Candy scanlation site: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Harbor/1992/menu.html
melich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 18:47   Link #59
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Cool

I've seen this show as a kid back in the eighties.

this is pure nostalgia.

Anyways, I've downloaded the manga in "castellano" (Spannish) from emule some time ago, go search there if you're interested.

Last edited by ragnarokr; 2006-05-19 at 14:47.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 06:47   Link #60
buxi

hi ! i am starting a site with candy episodes online ( spanish) !

> clic here <

buxi is offline   Reply With Quote