AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-05-16, 11:32   Link #1001
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
So finally Bell and his crush interact. Can't say I feel much for Aiz though, as she has nothing going for her apart from ZR. Need more Freya and/or Syr. :shrug:

I dunno, someone was saying there's a reason why people buy brand names, or they're a collector or something. Get a shit blade for cheap and sell it with the sheathe?
A big problem with Aiz is she is out of focus for much of the early novels which are primarily Bell's POV and we get only the bare minimum of information on her. There is a companion set of novels that tell the events of what she and the Loki family are up to and explained how that first minotaur ended up attacking Bell and their side of the other run ins. Hopefully we might get an adaption of them.

Sadly they have cut Freya's time again.
Some info on the mythical Óttar
The protégé of Freya that is disguise as Hildisvíni (“battle swine”) which she uses as a mode of transportation. It is theorized that Óttar is another spelling of the name Óđr (Freya's husband)

As for the sheath it would be clear that just any blade would not be a part of its set. No one would spend a bunch of money for just a sheath and from a collectors point of view the blade is worthless with out the sheath because the branding is on it.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2015-05-16 at 11:43.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 12:25   Link #1002
Draco Spirit

So we finally learn a bit of who Aiz is besides badarse and cool.... and she's really rather of kilter isn't she? The jealous Hestia scene were really funny too

I do like the running joke of Bell keeps running into her with other girls when he least expects it as well!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 13:19   Link #1003
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Its been a while that I read that manga scene but...

Spoiler for Manga Comparison, actually difference - After the Yeti fight:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 17:26   Link #1004
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

*reads spoiler*
Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTT??? o.O
You're sure that was not a delusion? O.o
Old 2015-05-16, 17:42   Link #1005
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

If it's the scene I think you're talking about then that was just the manga being too subtle along with the lack of a narrator in manga compared to LNs. The LN flat out said it was Hestia's thoughts and that only she felt that way.
pkmntrainer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 18:49   Link #1006
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Is Bell a masochist? Though getting to nap on Aiz's lap is a good incentive of being kicked around.

I hope Bell stay focus only on Aiz, protagonist like Bell is a rarity these days. I will root for you!
Old 2015-05-17, 00:17   Link #1007
kukuru

Hestia : "Don't forget I'm your legal waifu"

Seriously though, at this pace they're going to have to stick an anime orginal ending in...
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 08:21   Link #1008
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 3

Sooo this week we got, harem hijinks! Training! More harem hijinks.... and um Bell learning that it's probably not a good idea to assault women in their sleep. Especially the ones that regularly beat you up in the morning.

But yes not terribly eventful episode either plot or character wise this time around. Freya's motivations are even more vague from anime viewer perspective and Ottar practically appeared out of nowhere (actually the LN isn't much better here). Aiz is pretty bland character who don't learn much about besides being a bit of airhead. She most likely the type of character that works better internally of course, but even those have something or other going on in surface like Mikasa from AoT.

Beyond that it looks like they're going to finish Vol 3 in two episodes which I'm okay with since aside from later end half of the book, nothing much happens.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-05-17 at 08:37.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 11:08   Link #1009
Top Sergeant

Bell keeps saying Aiz is an airhead, but I think that's not the case. She seems competent, appears to knows what she's doing, and can teach what she knows.

And where does Bell, of all people, get away with calling someone else and airhead
Old 2015-05-17, 11:20   Link #1010
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
And where does Bell, of all people, get away with calling someone else and airhead
Surely you've heard the saying, "It takes one to know one", right?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 12:12   Link #1011
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Bell keeps saying Aiz is an airhead, but I think that's not the case. She seems competent, appears to knows what she's doing, and can teach what she knows.

Usually when people are talking about airheadness it's not referring competentness (or lack there of) but not having certain social graces as one expect from any normal person. Basically it's someone telling you don't have much common sense or that your sense of values aren't normal. So even a renown genius like say Einstein could considered a "airhead". But yeah as you and LKK says this is the "pot calling the kettle black" here.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Surely you've heard the saying, "It takes one to know one", right?
They are perfect for each other!

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-05-17 at 13:26.
Old 2015-05-17, 14:07   Link #1012
ImperialFlameGod8190

If i may put my two cents in. I dont think Bell is necessarily an airhead he's just tunnel-visioned as far as affections go. The only person whose interest he's worried about is Aiz. I think he feels like hestia is family so he ignores her advances although he clearly understands her affections. Think of it like Aiz interactions with Loki except Aiz is very blunt.
As for Aiz airhead i wouldnt call her that. If you're teaching somebody something for the first time when u arent used to it its hard to handle.

The thing about the two of them as a couple is this. The people around both Bell and Aiz would absolutely have a fit if they became an official couple. Eina seems to encourage it and idk about Syr. (Now i dont think she's Freya and i'm not getting into that mostly because idc). But hestia and Loki would go nuts and there's probably a few others who wouldnt be pleased.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 14:33   Link #1013
kukuru

Bell naďve

Aiz airhead

There done. Aizu doesn't think ahead and doesn't use complex logical reasoning. Aka ditz.

The most parallel is Forest Gump.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 15:23   Link #1014
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well there's also the fact that Hestia doesn't actually actively do anything to win him over. She just somehow assumes he's hers or something.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 16:15   Link #1015
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well there's also the fact that Hestia doesn't actually actively do anything to win him over. She just somehow assumes he's hers or something.
You mean aside from all the dates, invites to with sleep her, direct attempts kiss him, shoving her boobs in his face ever waking moment. And she does this all very LOUDLY. Even other characters like Lili in-universe considers him to be dense. Honestly I stopped caring about it that sort of thing because it standard shounen romance trope at this point.
Old 2015-05-17, 16:48   Link #1016
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
You mean aside from all the dates, invites to with sleep her, direct attempts kiss him, shoving her boobs in his face ever waking moment. And she does this all very LOUDLY. Even other characters like Lili in-universe considers him to be dense. Honestly I stopped caring about it that sort of thing because it standard shounen romance trope at this point.
The only "date" they've been on was the one Bell invited her on to thank her for hall her support. I don't recall any clear scene where Hestia attempted to kiss him. And the boobs-in-face always happens while she's sleep talking or during other shenanigan-y situations. At no point has she actually made any effort to be obvious. You know, such as walking up to him and saying "I really like you and I want you to be mine forever." Or something along those lines.

You know, something normal people do when they like someone?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 17:21   Link #1017
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The only "date" they've been on was the one Bell invited her on to thank her for hall her support.
No it was actually two, the Monster Festival and the Dinner. The former wasn't an official one, but Hestia pretty treated it like one and even subtle mentioned it. The later was definitely a date, but Bell is too naive when comes to romance and never thinks about implications of his actions or words (this includes others of course). He convenient misses any direct or subtle visual obvious clues that others actually interested in him romantically (like when Hestia and Lili are literal fighting over him) because he has extreme case of over the top tunnel vision. This very in character for him.

Quote:
I don't recall any clear scene where Hestia attempted to kiss him. And the boobs-in-face always happens while she's sleep talking or during other shenanigan-y situations. At no point has she actually made any effort to be obvious. You know, such as walking up to him and saying "I really like you and I want you to be mine forever." Or something along those lines.
The kissing happened during a comedic scene, but Bell wasn't even looking at her direction when it happened. Not he should need that to notice her feelings with Hestia's suggestive remarks, her screams of "I love you during dramatic moments" or her crawling into his sofa sleep with him every-night despite him telling not too (and then wondering why she does it).

Hestia doesn't need to tell Bell about it, he should gotten more enough hints from her actions to consider the possibility. He doesn't because that how a typical shounen romance is often written and he is 14 years old. When he finds out the truth Bell is going to predictably smack himself for being so blind rather than say the excuse you're giving him. Moreso because he has already established being far too straightforward to point where he takes everything at face value.

It's like in Fate Stay/Night when Sakura comes over to cook for Shirou every morning and everyone, but him pick up the signs about her being interested in him. Except Hestia goes farther than that.

Quote:
You know, something normal people do when they like someone?
Um what does that mean exactly? Because people in general express their affections differently from one another. Besides any third partly would have caught on to Hestia's intents towards Bell within a matter of minutes with how overt she is.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-05-17 at 18:08.
Old 2015-05-17, 17:23   Link #1018
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

'Cause I shove my boobs in whomever I like's face too
Old 2015-05-17, 17:33   Link #1019
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Bell naďve
Aizu doesn't think ahead and doesn't use complex logical reasoning. Aka ditz.
Maybe, but I don't think we've seen enough of Aiz to be able to make that call.
Old 2015-05-17, 17:53   Link #1020
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Bell naďve

Aiz airhead

There done. Aizu doesn't think ahead and doesn't use complex logical reasoning. Aka ditz.

The most parallel is Forest Gump.
No, Aiz's all there but she is just extremely socially inept for reasons that the anime will not go into. She also has no idea how to teach anything, the weird poses were her attempt to explain how to fight, so she settled on practical combat to teach him which involved not going remotely easy on him. so it ended up with the spar, knock out, lap pillow loop.

There may or may not have been more to the sleep training then she was just sleepy.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon crawler, dungeons, elves, fantasy, goddesses, gods, light novel adaptation