Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 23:22   Link #4681
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Sorry to come here unprepared, but I wonder if I should continue reading Fairy Tail. Got the first chapter so far. What do you think of it? How good is it in comparison to Bleach, Naruto, One Piece etc.?
Is it worth reading?
Definitely. At the very least, if you like OP you'll probably like FT.
Old 2011-02-07, 00:09   Link #4682
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Sorry to come here unprepared, but I wonder if I should continue reading Fairy Tail. Got the first chapter so far. What do you think of it? How good is it in comparison to Bleach, Naruto, One Piece etc.?
Is it worth reading?
In my opinion, it's better. Though I'm sure other posters here would smack me if I went too much into it. Keep goin'. If you make it through the Phantom arc and like what you see, then keep going.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 01:36   Link #4683
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Definitely. At the very least, if you like OP you'll probably like FT.
Read it!!! It is almost a must if you compare it to bleach and naruto right now.
Old 2011-02-07, 06:21   Link #4684
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Is it worth reading?
Don't follow One Piece, but
Naruto > Fairy Tail >>> Bleach
…plot wise. It's more Naruto style when it comes to horde of characters as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Her magic can't work on the living, though. At least, that's what was said. Maybe she can use it to affect herself, but we'll see.
What if… Zeref is a walking zombie.
Old 2011-02-07, 07:45   Link #4685
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Uh...seriously? Ultear just defeated the ultimate black mage of legend? Really?
For all we know he doesn't have much power at all in his sleeping state. I don't see much wrong with that.
Old 2011-02-07, 10:13   Link #4686
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Uh...seriously? Ultear just defeated the ultimate black mage of legend? Really?

Even in a "sleeping state" given what we've seen he should have been able to wipe the forest floor with her. I'm hoping they explain that she had some sort of special precaution or as other folks have said, it'll just be bad writing.
Given her state of condition at the end of the chapter, I reckon she had a rather hard time battling him. Though with Zeref acting high and mighty at the start, his downfall was rather
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 10:20   Link #4687
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
For all we know he doesn't have much power at all in his sleeping state. I don't see much wrong with that.
This would seem to the safe theory. Granted, we've seen him letting off those... 'death waves', but those are basically just uncontrollable spasms, and Ultear seems to have had a pretty rough time of it even then. Presumably he's powered down to an absurd level and in his 'waking state' he would stomp her like a bug.
Old 2011-02-07, 12:12   Link #4688
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
Eldest of the 7 kin? Time magic = youthful self .
Well Ultear can't be that old, considering Ul was still kinda young when she taught Grey/Leon.
Old 2011-02-07, 13:49   Link #4689
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Given her state of condition at the end of the chapter, I reckon she had a rather hard time battling him. Though with Zeref acting high and mighty at the start, his downfall was rather
She was sweating buckets and shitting bricks if he was "awake' shed be dead. Instead of his lose being its more like. Her win was rather
Old 2011-02-07, 20:05   Link #4690
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Eldest of the 7 kin? Time magic = youthful self
It might means that she's the first one who became the 7 kin compared to the others...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 21:11   Link #4691
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

To be fair, the fight looked far from easy judging by the condition she was in, and if she is the "eldest" of the 7 kin, who all appear quite powerful, then its quite telling that his "sleep" form can give her that hard of a time.
Old 2011-02-07, 22:41   Link #4692
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I take the whole sleeping and awake things to be a second personality inside Zeref. The other personality is sleeping and has access to more powerful magic or something. We've seen something like this before with Brain and Zero.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 02:22   Link #4693
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm half wondering... are we perhaps getting close to the end of FT? I ask this because we've got Zeref back in play, and not to mention it looks like FT is going to be going after GH relatively soon for some reason related to him. And if GH has their way, we're going to have a Very Powerful Dark Mage walking around, and it seems that Zeref is set up to be the Final Boss... and assuming we don't go down the DBZ route, once we take care of Zeref, then the manga will have reached an ending point

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 02:44   Link #4694
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Unless we run into a "man behind the man" scenario with Zeref, were he was only a tool himself. There is also entire plot with the Dragons, and Raven Tail needs to be concluded as well.

It still has a while yet.
Old 2011-02-08, 04:43   Link #4695
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't feel any 'last arc aura' from this one, so i doubt it'll end anytime soon. There's still a lot of life left in the story and it's characters.
Old 2011-02-08, 08:05   Link #4696
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Unless we run into a "man behind the man" scenario with Zeref, were he was only a tool himself. There is also entire plot with the Dragons, and Raven Tail needs to be concluded as well.

It still has a while yet.
My current theory is that Zeref is the Dragon Slayer of the Black Dragon that maimed Gildartz; probably the Death Dragon Slayer. So it could be 'Dragon behind the man'.
Old 2011-02-08, 22:02   Link #4697
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

it wasn't so bad that ultear defeated Zeref. It wasn't like she found it very easy to do so, it appeared that she had a very hard time doing so.

Considering that his "sleeping state" means his power is probably halfed or less, Ultear being slightly better than him isn't absurd if you take into account her credentials:

1) eldest member of the 7-kin (who are all S-ranked in terms of power) and presumably the most powerful of them. She could possibly be almost as powerful as Hades and we all know how overpowered hades is when he basically stomped the old man like a bug.
2) She was an ex-member of the high mage council and it was stated that they got in because they had such high magic powers.
3) It would also seem that she was on par with Gerard whom it appears could quite easily kick all of the Fairy tail mages' ass except for the guild leader and gildarts.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 02:28   Link #4698
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

May just be an opinion thing, but pretty sure Gerard isn't stronger then most of Fairy Tail's S class mages. Erza could probably have defeated him if they were both at full power/not holding back. Laxus is far from a push over either. On par maybe, but no where close to "easily kick all their asses."

As a bit of a side topic, was anyone else aware that Cobra's snake was actually a human?

Kerberos

Bonus Data cards from the published volumes apparently, I went O.o when I discovered that on tvtropes.
Old 2011-02-09, 04:42   Link #4699
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wow, wasn't expecting that one...nice find
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 18:47   Link #4700
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I agree with Shiroth, but after Mashima pulls out the Zeref card, I just don't know what's going to be after this arc. Every other villain will pale in comparison with the most powerful dark mage of all time. Of course, he could drag the zeref thing out a long time, or come up with someone who preceded Zeref.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen