AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-14, 13:02   Link #601
Bombo
TSF Fans

Ryner and Ferris causing trouble to the world..and now they summon the dragon and left him alone LOOOL.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 17:04   Link #602
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Ryner and Ferris causing trouble to the world..and now they summon the dragon and left him alone LOOOL.
and looks like no explanation on who will clean up the mess

i guess Shion knows very well Milk and team will not be able to capture Ryner and Ferris, that is why he send them, just to cover up
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 19:33   Link #603
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
and looks like no explanation on who will clean up the mess
Does Sion even realize what he has unleashed on the world?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 20:03   Link #604
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'm beginning to think these hero relics are actually devices that were used to seal ancient beasts by the previous hero. So collecting them and using the power can mean eradication of the world if given to the wrong people.

These things are not meant to save the world but rather to wipe out the wretched humans. Since Sion seems to want to create his ideal world, it wouldn't be too farfetched to say he knows exactly what this is going to lead to.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:25   Link #605
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Does Sion even realize what he has unleashed on the world?
I mean sheesh. Ryner just unleashed Oshirisu no Tenkūryū... Surely Sion must be aware of something by next morning.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:11   Link #606
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I can't believe RxF just summoned a dragon and left it to reek havoc on an entire forest. Watching them just walk away with smirks their faces had me rolling. With the trail of destruction Ryner and Ferris are leaving behind them I wonder if Sion will get any serious complaints. ^^;
Old 2010-08-15, 00:23   Link #607
klare

i think that dagger thing that unleashed the dragon may not be a real "hero relic", more like a seal

a real relic may not be a weapon to kill, maybe a music instrument that can stop war

Spoiler for something like this:
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 01:37   Link #608
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ maybe you missed episode one.... those heroes were definitely destructive.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:33   Link #609
ninja_pintu

I don't like milk but she is less annoying than I thought she'd be. Seeing the op, it seems like she is going to play some important role in the series @_@
Old 2010-08-15, 06:56   Link #610
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Episode 7 sucked. We already went through all of this. It's a deja vu episode. It's the events in episode 1 but in a somewhat different setting.

Milk was introduced in episode 1. Why introduce her again?

We got 2 seconds worth of flashback before the opening credits rolled which showed that Ryner and Milk escaped some war zone as little kids. This could have been inserted in episode 1.

She reaffirms her affection to Ryner just like she did in episode 1. We don' know what the hell they survived together. We know she has a team of 4 loyal guys under her command.

Ryner and Ferris unleash another monster that goes into a rampage.

I've never seen such a redundant episode in a series before. They could have saved their money and just made it a clip show, a recap, with the 20 seconds of Shion inserted in to set up episode 8.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:43   Link #611
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 7 was ok, seem to cruise right through at light speed though. The dragon they unleashed/unsealed looked like one from Loddoss War. "Shooting Star" I think it was. That was kind of funny how they just kind of left the dragon there.
Old 2010-08-15, 10:47   Link #612
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I have the strangest feeling Ryner knew exactly what he was doing when he throw that relic at the soldiers (Don't laugh at me if everyone's saying the same thing. I don't frequent this thread very often)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 14:40   Link #613
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
This series has no direction. Seriously. It doesn't know what it's about. It keeps jumping in themes, time, space, characters and never manages to exploit properly anything. I feel like I am watching a tribute to other anime in each episode than a different, solid story.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 15:29   Link #614
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Then maybe you haven't just paid enough attention.

To be honest, I never got that feeling. After first episode we had flashback explaining some of the stuff that what is happening etc. and now the story is moving on. Though today's episode was pretty much same than first episode ..

The only thing what is bothering me is that why on earth do they try to find Hero Relics only to leave the monsters they summon behind

Who on earth will then kill those monsters and gather the Relics or whatever ... And wont those monsters destroy everything in their path <.<
Old 2010-08-15, 17:23   Link #615
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Who on earth will then kill those monsters and gather the Relics or whatever ... And wont those monsters destroy everything in their path <.<
Too troublesome. Despite their top caliber skills one is a dango glutton the other is a sloth.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 00:46   Link #616
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

This was an ok episode it was mostly just re-introducing Milk and her crew. I'm actually more interested in their childhood it seems like they had a really crappy one.

I was actually surprise to see Fiolel's sister willing to work for Sion, just wondering how much is Sion going to expose her to the bad side.

Ryner and Ferris also had some good moments and I hope more action comes around in the next episodes.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 18:41   Link #617
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Ryner struck me as a very odd character. It's like he's putting up this Tri-Gun / Kenshin skin where he acts like he doesn't know what he is doing but he really does. *Summoning the dragon for example. Why would he suddenly throw it across the field and not into the soldiers or right in one?

He certainly plays along with Ferris' abuse in the beginning where he "acts" apologetic and feeble but also aware of that he's being watched.

He also made this weird excuse of not wanting to dig the relic up, but in truth it's logical that if someone were to find it they'd hid it in a fortress well guarded and not have some dog dig it up.

He was aware of Milk spying on him and cast a field barrier effortlessly. How powerful or serious is he? It didn't make sense that he claimed that things would have "gone south" if his bluff didn't work last episode with that shadow guy. Really.. I'm sure Ryner can beat him without breaking a sweat. *Berserk Ryner would have destroyed the continent.

For those who read the light novels. Who is Ryner?
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 20:44   Link #618
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Ryner struck me as a very odd character. It's like he's putting up this Tri-Gun / Kenshin skin where he acts like he doesn't know what he is doing but he really does. *Summoning the dragon for example. Why would he suddenly throw it across the field and not into the soldiers or right in one?

He certainly plays along with Ferris' abuse in the beginning where he "acts" apologetic and feeble but also aware of that he's being watched.

He also made this weird excuse of not wanting to dig the relic up, but in truth it's logical that if someone were to find it they'd hid it in a fortress well guarded and not have some dog dig it up.

He was aware of Milk spying on him and cast a field barrier effortlessly. How powerful or serious is he? It didn't make sense that he claimed that things would have "gone south" if his bluff didn't work last episode with that shadow guy. Really.. I'm sure Ryner can beat him without breaking a sweat. *Berserk Ryner would have destroyed the continent.

For those who read the light novels. Who is Ryner?
- it's obvious he really doesn't know how to use the dagger

- well I guess at the subconscious level, he probably enjoys the bullying LOL

- nowhere it was hinted that this was so

- since it was not explicitly mentioned in the anime, that was actually a spell cancel, and not a barrier

- regarding Froaude, this was already mentioned in the anime and there wasn't any major difference from the novel, but one needs to pay attention to it. the only way to defeat Froaude was to slice off his finger with the ring, but it's not possible with Ryner to accomplish that, but it's possible for Ferris because of her speed. however, Ferris was injured and in no shape to do that really, so it's a bluff.

- asking who Ryner is is equivalent to asking for a major spoilerific answer, and I doubt you are supposed to do that. That are plenty of places to get spoilers, like W*k* which is MAJORLY spoilerific now . but he is the protagonist of the story.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:06   Link #619
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
- well I guess at the subconscious level, he probably enjoys the bullying LOL
Ryner is an M.

Doesn't he tell Milan that he looks forward to getting bullied by Ferris everyday?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:31   Link #620
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Episode 7 sucked. We already went through all of this. It's a deja vu episode. It's the events in episode 1 but in a somewhat different setting.

Milk was introduced in episode 1. Why introduce her again?

We got 2 seconds worth of flashback before the opening credits rolled which showed that Ryner and Milk escaped some war zone as little kids. This could have been inserted in episode 1.

She reaffirms her affection to Ryner just like she did in episode 1. We don' know what the hell they survived together. We know she has a team of 4 loyal guys under her command.

Ryner and Ferris unleash another monster that goes into a rampage.

I've never seen such a redundant episode in a series before. They could have saved their money and just made it a clip show, a recap, with the 20 seconds of Shion inserted in to set up episode 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
This series has no direction. Seriously. It doesn't know what it's about. It keeps jumping in themes, time, space, characters and never manages to exploit properly anything. I feel like I am watching a tribute to other anime in each episode than a different, solid story.
Episode 1 is really more redundant than 7. It should be named episode 0 instead. I think what Ep 1 attempted to achieve was to introduce the MCs and the different elements of the story. There are some minor changes here and there but overall Ep 7's important.

Ep 7 did the following the following important things (even though the importance is not significant now):
1. introduces 2 new characters,
2. it illustrates the relationship between Milk & her subordinates (especially their admiration for her),
3. as magic knights are the most powerful unit of an army, it demonstrates FxR strength; it also demonstrates the differences in strength between FxR vs MilkxTeam,
4. it sets up an event for later (can't say which part of the episode )
5. it brought Eslina into the inner circle
6. and of course it has a cliffhanger-kind of hook at the end leading to episode 8

I would say the anime is already doing its best to fit the story into limited time. All these are to set up the story for the sequel which is pretty epic in nature. The episodes are just dots waiting to be connected. Maybe after the whole thing ends, maybe re-watching it helps. I would say even for the novels, sometimes I have to go back to the previous parts that I've sped-read thinking they were boring but actually they were dots that needed to be connected. Given the current pacing, I'm a little concerned on whether they can actually finish the rest of the series within the remaining number of episodes without messing it up big time.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen