AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-06-01, 06:20   Link #3601
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Wouldn't the back-lash from viewing all of these things distort a person's mental state? I mean, sure, IB was able to be contained to an extent when Touma entered AC, but wouldn't the Eyes of Alice require the same kind of limiter?

We found out what happened to Touma because IB was going berserk and had made him a walking plague when he was younger. Does the same consequences apply to this OC as well in terms of being able to 'see' all these things?
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 06:22   Link #3602
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Wouldn't the back-lash from viewing all of these things distort a person's mental state? I mean, sure, IB was able to be contained to an extent when Touma entered AC, but wouldn't the Eyes of Alice require the same kind of limiter?

We found out what happened to Touma because IB was going berserk and had made him a walking plague when he was younger. Does the same consequences apply to this OC as well in terms of being able to 'see' all these things?
When did we find this out ?

It wasn't explained at all what the deal was with young Kamijou
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 06:29   Link #3603
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
It wasn't explained at all what the deal was with young Kamijou
It may be fan-based opinion that Imagine Breaker had something to do with him formerly being called The Plague when he was younger; that or the Invisible Thing that resides within IB. But the amount of unfortunate happenings that occurred to both him and those around him was far too extreme to be coincidental. I'm speculating IT had been the cause behind those occurrences, but if we're classifying the IB as primordial, then by default IT can be classified in the same manner.
Old 2013-06-01, 06:34   Link #3604
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know I'm tempted to call it 'Heroic' powers

Not because of Kamijou, but if you look back at the description of other things that once held this kind of power, they all were found in items related to old heroic tales.
Old 2013-06-01, 06:37   Link #3605
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Really?

I might need to do some research then; because now I'm intrigued.
Old 2013-06-01, 06:47   Link #3606
demino_hellsin
That one guy

She wears contacts and glasses. Basically it follows principles of not being able to see because of filters as well as because she doesn't want to see. The glasses and contacts are normal. It's just placebo. Fully unleashing the eyes with a mere human body can cause the human mind to deteriorate. Even if the wielder was specially adapted to it, the human mind was never meant to see anything like such. It's even worse that everything is mixed together.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 07:51   Link #3607
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Really?

I might need to do some research then; because now I'm intrigued.

“There was a time when powers similar to that showed themselves here and there throughout an era. Some took the form of weapons and made their way into the hands of great heroes, some took the form of frescos and were rumored to heal the diseases of any who touched them, and others took the form of caves and functioned as trials for those who entered them. …I do not know if the power in your hand is simply one more of those powers or if those hopes combined together into another form as they were lost and have naturally appeared here."

-- New Testament 5.
Old 2013-06-01, 08:53   Link #3608
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

"Take power from the greatest despair, and ride it."

- A message hidden in the code of Steel Dragon.exe.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-06-01 at 09:20.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 08:56   Link #3609
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Meister, what level is Tarou?
Old 2013-06-01, 09:01   Link #3610
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

more food for though

Leivina Birdway To her beloved Onii-sama AKA Touma

Quote:
I have always wondered how Academy City is able to control someone like you. The biggest threat you hold is not the power of your right hand or even that which is hidden within. Nor is it the precognition you have gained from your past experiences. Even with a right hand that can negate supernatural abilities, a normal person would not be able to accomplish much. The hand itself cannot burn anything or gather any information. And yet you have left accomplishments behind. You did not join in because of that right hand. It was you who made use of the power residing in your right hand."
Quote:
You need to be careful from now on. What you hold is not good or evil. You hold the seeds to a great wave that cannot be described in those terms. Perhaps it is the same thing that was once brought to bloom by the man who built up a city of steel and electricity or the woman who smiles thinly in the depths of an old cathedral. Or perhaps it is something that will swallow up even that giant flower. If you can completely grasp it in your hand, it will give you great power, but if you cannot, it will be indescribably disastrous for you."
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 09:18   Link #3611
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Kaizer, its been damn obvious that Touma has nothing but VANDAMIUM PLOT ARMOR.

Though Kamachi must be getting pretty desperate for his characters to start lampshading all the fanon theories in rapid succession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Meister, what level is Tarou?
Tainaka is Level 4. Defined so because his power has tactical uses in a combat situation, namely being immune to knives and bullets.

There's a lot more to it, but up to the story that I'm writing, this is the official entry in Power Curriculum regarding Metal Control.
Old 2013-06-01, 09:24   Link #3612
demino_hellsin
That one guy

This is already taking his system into account or still different?

Where should one draw the line when they say they can control earth?
Old 2013-06-01, 09:44   Link #3613
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Where should one draw the line when they say they can control earth?
Same question as to when to draw the line for someone who can control vibrations....which I'm still working trying to figure out....
Old 2013-06-01, 10:07   Link #3614
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Vibrations are basically cyclic motions that generate an equivalent high point and low point. Though the applications can even go so far as to control electricity as there are such oscillations/vibrations there too.

The whole problem I have with earth is... wouldn't it imply that concrete buildings, metal weapons, cars and 70% of everything under the sun is a weapon? oAo
Old 2013-06-01, 10:17   Link #3615
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Perhaps weight-values are put into account as well, which would explain why he doesn't use any of the aforementioned metal objects as weapons in combat.

It would make sense if you think about it. I mean, Teleporters like Kuroko and Awaki can only teleport objects of a certain weight and mass. Why wouldn't those factors play a part as well in Metal Control?
Old 2013-06-01, 10:22   Link #3616
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nah... my issue with controlling Earth is for my own benefit. I was just running something else in comparison to Meister's OC. Basically, when the limiters come off, there is no such thing as weight limit to the guy in my head.
Old 2013-06-01, 10:35   Link #3617
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally read A Certain World of Darkness chapter 8.

I laugh at this line.
Rikou Takitsubo: "Don't worry, Kamijou-san. I'll support you…Even if you are a womanizer."

Such Misfortune. lol

Great chapter. I'm gonna guess next chapter Team ITEM and Team ORDER ends up in a fight and Touma will know about this since he accidentally took Rikou's phone.
Old 2013-06-01, 11:06   Link #3618
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Kaizer, its been damn obvious that Touma has nothing but TENGEN TOPPA PLOT ARMOR.

Though Kamachi must be getting pretty desperate for his characters to start lampshading all the fanon theories in rapid succession.

Tainaka is Level 4. Defined so because his power has tactical uses in a combat situation, namely being immune to knives and bullets.

There's a lot more to it, but up to the story that I'm writing, this is the official entry in Power Curriculum regarding Metal Control.
some correction..... after all the the ludicrous power/abilities he been facing, becoming more badass each vol , fighting and preaching about your illusion are about to be broken which quite a rarity to other LN leads ....... drum roll the all important even quantum, DNA computer can't compute and answer ....... Who will end up as his girlfriend...... Kamachi . exe continues troll , the fan knowing THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE genre LN [ after 22 + 7 vol plus ss railgun etc etc ....in the timeline just a few months lolz] but an adventure of epic misfortunes of TouMAN while Mikoto and the others are like dynamo .... When a Kamijou is on the move things is bound to happen
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 11:10   Link #3619
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Great chapter. I'm gonna guess next chapter Team ITEM and Team ORDER ends up in a fight and Touma will know about this since he accidentally took Rikou's phone.
Haha, seems you saw my clue as to how he get's involved. Good eye you've got there MT.

Of course, it was actually Frenda's, but you still caught it.
Old 2013-06-02, 04:01   Link #3620
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can ToumaxVento and ToumaxCarissa be counted as crack?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction