Old 2013-01-06, 18:34   Link #902
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Willing to bet on that?
Sure I bet you my magoi. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, guess that's true, isn't it. I mean, I've read enough shonen series (as well as played enough JRPGs) to know that a ruler/leader flaunting their dick military power is practically like waving a death flag.....

Otherwise, I hope we get to see more malicious lolimagi faces next chapter!
His name is Metal leader of the death flag nation.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:01   Link #903
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I usually have no qualms with underdog Nations fighting against a larger Nation,and lord only knows I supported the Mages in Dragon's Age, but just this once please someone wipe the floor their faces
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:10   Link #904
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Lawl using the spelling "Borg" rather than "Bolg" immediately brought Star Trek references in my mind about the Borg Regenerative Shields hahahaha.

Anyways Ser Dumblemort's dick-waving will be his downfall. Probably some sort of underground attack, Aladdin mucking things up on the inside or Dark Djinn going berserk removing the source of Magoi.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:14   Link #905
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Anyways Ser Dumblemort's dick-waving will be his downfall. Probably some sort of underground attack, Aladdin mucking things up on the inside or Dark Djinn going berserk removing the source of Magoi.
I would love to see a two-prong attack with Laem and Kou

Bricks would be shat
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:18   Link #906
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I would love to see a two-prong attack with Laem and Kou

Bricks would be shat
Was thinking of that too, considering that Ren pretty much has an army ready to march towards them. Probably Magicland will be pretty much the battleground for the 2 empires. (Although Reim might be at a disadvantage since they would be a little drained at the initial Magnostadt attack)

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 22:50   Link #907
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Was thinking of that too, considering that Ren pretty much has an army ready to march towards them. Probably Magicland will be pretty much the battleground for the 2 empires. (Although Reim might be at a disadvantage since they would be a little drained at the initial Magnostadt attack)
I going to say that Leam will take out the 1st, Kou will take out the 2nd adnd both Kou and Leam will take out the 3rd together with out noticing while they fight each other. Either Magicland is going to fall. I don't want it to fall. Sure there are some people that are bad but most of them are good.
Old 2013-01-07, 02:50   Link #908
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

All of them are good people with extreme racist attitude! That's more correct with Magnoshutatt. Once Ren Kouha break through the shield, I expect massive bloodshed for that kid is a freaking psycho killer.
Old 2013-01-07, 05:18   Link #909
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
All of them are good people with extreme racist attitude! That's more correct with Magnoshutatt. Once Ren Kouha break through the shield, I expect massive bloodshed for that kid is a freaking psycho killer.
Better surrender to lolimagi first in that case and gain protection as Laem territory....obviously they woiuld be too arrogant to accept that though

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Sure I bet you my magoi. :P
You should realize from Ohtaka's drawing style that ANY of her characters is capable of pulling raep faces at any moment...

Although lolimagi's is kinda hot...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2013-01-07 at 05:28.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 05:37   Link #910
Blaat

Shouldn't the Raem empire be using galleys instead of caravels. :P
Old 2013-01-07, 10:00   Link #911
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Shouldn't the Raem empire be using galleys instead of caravels. :P
Uhm, galleys is better suited for Greece. Reim seems to be based on East Roman Empire that end at the 15th century (1453 ) . Using caravel probably make Reim look more unique.
Old 2013-01-07, 11:25   Link #912
vharxin

Quote:
Better surrender to lolimagi first in that case and gain protection as Laem territory....obviously they woiuld be too arrogant to accept that though

You should realize from Ohtaka's drawing style that ANY of her characters is capable of pulling raep faces at any moment...

Agreed. I like the fact that she's introduced like a calm goddess at first, but ended up more and more emotional and full of expressions. Can't get enough of that 'you're gonna get raped' face at the last page Also like that the author can make many characters pull off an unexpected personality twist.

I can see the fanalis army are coming next chapter, and the battle tides suddenly turned. Also, what's up with Dumbledork waving his own 'lose flag'?
vharxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 14:44   Link #913
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
I would not say all of them have extreme racist attitudes. Look at the fresh ones that come into the school. Sure once they are shown the headmasters view on what happen to him a few would start to question if the goi is worth helping but some of them still think its wrong that they should treat goi like that just because of what happen in the past. I don't think all the teachers have views like that. Totally hope that Aladdin's teacher doesn't as she looks like the type who isn't a racist. To me if you replace the teachers then I would assume people views would change or if you where to remove that class altogether and allow anyone in the Lv 5 and remove that gapping big hole that in there which clearly holds Metal's "power" because why else would he have made it there of all places and set up the "no magoi = your death" law and allow the magicians to go "This is sparta" on the ones with no magoi? Its clearly there to go nom nom nom on the goi.

Quote:

There is also Sindria that they could ask for help. Could be better then surrendering to either Leam and Kou. Yamuraiha seems to be doing fine.

Nope I did not realize that.
Old 2013-01-07, 17:50   Link #914
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

True...but the thought of proud Mogadork pleading with Sinbad is even more ridiculous than the scenes of Ahbmad getting his ass handed to him when Kassim turned Black Djinn. It's one of those things that the brain refuses to acknowledge at first
Old 2013-01-07, 18:35   Link #915
Diveman

Well that was unexpected. Who would have thought the magician's country was actually quite strong in war. I'm waiting now for Lolimagi's answer.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 18:37   Link #916
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Matal's speech about having a shield that draws on "infinite magoi reserves" raises all sorts of alarm bells for me. I think Aladdin has very good reason to be worried about this.
Old 2013-01-07, 18:56   Link #917
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
mogamett is essentially bluffing. Sheherazade knows that he means the 200000 goi he is willing to sacrifice to keep up the magoi. Which in my opinion is equally cruel, as she also wishes to diminish all those lives.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:18   Link #918
Zakoo

I finally ended the recent chapter, meh, a very good manga, quite impressive I needed to watch the anime to get me going in the manga.

The last arc is especially delightful, the old man is really a fearful existence, nor evil nor good, he stopped considering goi as human beings, I can't call him racist, for him they are nothing more than pigs as much as we consider current cows as livestocks.

First time I read a manga where the supposedly antagonist is so "grey", while general shonen are generally manichean, this manga is very far from being it, not only the old man from the magician country, but also Simbad, I see him as the final boss of the manga, a frightful existence that is ready to do anything to achieve the goal he fixed to himself: protecting his country.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 20:03   Link #919
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Well that was unexpected. Who would have thought the magician's country was actually quite strong in war. I'm waiting now for Lolimagi's answer.
He's already using 2 of his several trump cards... just to fend off cannon fodder.

And I've just realised 2 of the 3 Laem dungeon conquerers... aren't even participating in the campaign.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 21:56   Link #920
shalala

Quote:
True...but the thought of proud Mogadork pleading with Sinbad is even more ridiculous than the scenes of Ahbmad getting his ass handed to him when Kassim turned Black Djinn. It's one of those things that the brain refuses to acknowledge at first
Doesn't have to be Metal that askes for their help. Someone else in the country could do it as they love their country so much or Yume ask Sinbad to help her country out just this once.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen