AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 15.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 42.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-15, 09:17   Link #61
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
One question about that^. Who should get it together, the ones who are making the worst anime of the season, or people like me who enjoy the worst anime of the season? From the way you word it, it may be either or both, so I just want to make sure.
I have nothing against those who enjoy something i do not. To answer your question, it's neither. I was generally telling the anime to get better.

EDIT:

@ erneiz_hyde: That goofing around thing did come to mind after thinking a bit, and it seems the only logical explanation, but if that's then that's just another thing this anime has done wrong so far. Apart from a few second flashback (that only shows how they met), it's simply stated but not shown that they're all very close friends. We've seen them do nothing but goof around, and the people you goof around with don't need to have 'close childhood friend' as a pre requisite. Of course this is only episode 2...

@ Randrak42 Well, i did say "right now" so it's still subject to change.

Last edited by Aesthetic Shampoo; 2012-10-15 at 09:31.
Old 2012-10-15, 09:17   Link #62
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hilarious how there's two episodes out and some already call it the worst anime of the season...because you can clearly tell an anime is the best or worst after 2 episodes...
Old 2012-10-15, 09:24   Link #63
Insane
Banned

How is Riki's narcolepsy depicted as dark? I think it's just normal and simple sleep disorder (and probably won't give him any harm).
Old 2012-10-15, 09:36   Link #64
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
I have nothing against those who enjoy something i do not. To answer your question, it's neither. I was generally telling the anime to get better.
Ok, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hilarious how there's two episodes out and some already call it the worst anime of the season...because you can clearly tell an anime is the best or worst after 2 episodes...
I think he meant that the first 2 episodes are worse than any other first 2 episodes this season.

Quote:
How is Riki's narcolepsy depicted as dark? I think it's just normal and simple sleep disorder (and probably won't give him any harm).
You do know that IRL narcolepsy actually killed people that fell asleep in the wrong place? It's not the most pleasant illness around, it's pretty damn dark actually.
Old 2012-10-15, 09:46   Link #65
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Just make it like this : "How dare you didn't enjoy a show that i enjoyed so much!"

First I liked this show, and second i hate debating over nothing. Anyway I’d hate to break it to many of the fans here, but it appears that “some” people are not totally blown away like many of you here.

I’ve already said that I liked this show. This was very good start, sure there were some teeny tiny minor irritating flaws, but I am willing to let them go and enjoy. I am just pointing out that it’s okay to criticize a show while still enjoying it. If I or anyone else try to say anything negative about this show or any here at Animesuki Forum (although some shows really deserve some bashing for their shameless mediocrity and I do it with pleasure and God knows why people here hated me for it, sigh~), I'll get slaughtered mercilessly ...
Old 2012-10-15, 09:55   Link #66
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Just make it like this : "How dare you didn't enjoy a show that i enjoyed so much!"

First I liked this show, and second i hate debating over nothing. Anyway I’d hate to break it to many of the fans here, but it appears that “some” people are not totally blown away like many of you here.

I’ve already said that I liked this show. This was very good start, sure there were some teeny tiny minor irritating flaws, but I am willing to let them go and enjoy. I am just pointing out that it’s okay to criticize a show while still enjoying it. If I or anyone else try to say anything negative about this show or any here at Animesuki Forum (although some shows really deserve some bashing for their shameless mediocrity and I do it with pleasure and God knows why people here hated me for it, sigh~), I'll get slaughtered mercilessly ...
agree with this, though I think you use the word "brain dead" is too much, it feel like you not only criticize the show but insult people who enjoy it as well
Old 2012-10-15, 10:01   Link #67
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
If I or anyone else try to say anything negative about this show or any here at Animesuki Forum (although some shows really deserve some bashing for their shameless mediocrity and I do it with pleasure and God knows why people here hated me for it, sigh~), I'll get slaughtered mercilessly ...
I don't think that's the case. Besides, many of our own staff have had their share of criticisms for this and other shows as well. Everyone's allowed to criticise, but you should expect your criticisms to be challenged too. You should know that, when you go into a thread for a certain show, you will encounter a lot of people who enjoy the show, so it pays to be tactful, considerate, and diplomatic in how you express yourself. But this is just common sense.

If people are getting attacked simply because they don't enjoy the show, then you let me or the other mods know, and we'll put a stop to that. I personally think the problem probably isn't with negative opinions, it's that people don't know how to express themselves without sounding arrogant, presumptive, and unfairly judgemental. Criticism should be constructive, not just "bashing".
Old 2012-10-15, 10:45   Link #68
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

All I can say about this episode is...it's definitely better than episode 1. Progress is still slow, but character development is definitely starting to pick up. I'm still in to watch this anime. Though I'm not hyped to continue watching, I still have the curiosity to do so

As I've said in the previous episode, give this anime time. I have a good feeling it will get better (this coming from an anime-only viewer).

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2012-10-15, 11:57   Link #69
Meltyred

This anime is pretty much "Slice of life", it's not like you can expect something like a super giant robot come from nowhere and they go save the world, it's bound to be dull at times.
Don't just go complaining how it's bad because nothing AMAZING happens...
Old 2012-10-15, 13:30   Link #70
Umiko
Open fire!

The delivery of punchlines and the insertion of bgm improved which is good. I can't wait to see more interactions between Rin and Komari.
Old 2012-10-15, 13:35   Link #71
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
She's only talking to her friends she's always known though. She's not good with new people. When she's forced to interact 1-on-1 with someone new is when things trouble her.
Ah, I actually do this too. :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-10-15, 14:16   Link #72
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Rin looks fine, so it's probably the new "KEY deadly illness" for male MC this time
Old 2012-10-15, 20:15   Link #73
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Enjoyed this episode but still not used to the quality Also it just feels odd/sad to look at Komari and not see Itaru's design. But overall good job.
Old 2012-10-15, 22:15   Link #74
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Komari and Rin were absolutely great this ep. Woah so RIki has a major problem.
Old 2012-10-15, 22:24   Link #75
matrixhazard

Still love this anime after watching episode 2. The best part when Komari answer what are the requirements for baseball is so much laughable

Well, I know that there are a lot of people disappointed and dropped this anime already. But I'm really boring with the reason like "Just as expected, because J.C. do it, so it sucks". Yes, I'm fully aware that J.C. works cannot be compared to what Kyoani had done to the Air, Kanon, Clannad, but it just like they put a lot of bias into it and do not accept a good thing in this anime.

Another boring reason that I found is that, people always said "Why baseball", "Why doing non-sense thing". I really wonder that doing fun thing always need a reason?

Come on people, this story is about childhood and adolescence, do we need a reason when we was a kid?
Old 2012-10-15, 23:30   Link #76
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
Still love this anime after watching episode 2. The best part when Komari answer what are the requirements for baseball is so much laughable

Well, I know that there are a lot of people disappointed and dropped this anime already. But I'm really boring with the reason like "Just as expected, because J.C. do it, so it sucks". Yes, I'm fully aware that J.C. works cannot be compared to what Kyoani had done to the Air, Kanon, Clannad, but it just like they put a lot of bias into it and do not accept a good thing in this anime.

Another boring reason that I found is that, people always said "Why baseball", "Why doing non-sense thing". I really wonder that doing fun thing always need a reason?

Come on people, this story is about childhood and adolescence, do we need a reason when we was a kid?
May I suggest that perhaps the problem is beyond J.C. Staff? That perhaps J.C. Staff involvement here only lays bare how much a studio need to work around to dampen the affect of a long-winded and mostly boring story which wants to cater to game players. That a studio virtually needs to be perfect in almost every front before an anime adaptation of a Key story can be considered good. For your information, this isn't the only anime ever produced which went to do fun things without any apparent reason. And if this was a story based on a theme of childhood and adolescence, then the first two episodes missed the mark spectacularly. Since I'm already annoyed by your post, I would go ahead further to say that the first two episodes made a lot of sense as to why KyoAni was reluctant to do another Key story.
Old 2012-10-16, 01:20   Link #77
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
May I suggest that perhaps the problem is beyond J.C. Staff? That perhaps J.C. Staff involvement here only lays bare how much a studio need to work around to dampen the affect of a long-winded and mostly boring story which wants to cater to game players. That a studio virtually needs to be perfect in almost every front before an anime adaptation of a Key story can be considered good. For your information, this isn't the only anime ever produced which went to do fun things without any apparent reason. And if this was a story based on a theme of childhood and adolescence, then the first two episodes missed the mark spectacularly. Since I'm already annoyed by your post, I would go ahead further to say that the first two episodes made a lot of sense as to why KyoAni was reluctant to do another Key story.
In the end, the writer for this story does not even work for J.C.Staff, and from all appearances was selected at least in collaboration with Key. I also get the impression, from the interviews and so on, that sticking closely to the game is indeed rather high on the list of priorities assigned by the production committee (as they seem to believe that doing otherwise would not please the game fans).

That being said, everyone's tastes are their own. Whether it's good or not on the whole isn't something that's necessarily decidable from the first two episodes alone -- I'll at least wait to see where it goes. It certainly wouldn't be the first show (whether Key adaptation or otherwise) that starts with something of a meandering slow start and comes into its own as the plot comes together down the road. (Edit: And I should also say that, to that point, the little hints in this episode were pretty good at giving you the sense that something much more significant is going on here. With the continued emphasis on "if only these days could go on forever", it's pretty clear that they're coming to an end...)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-16 at 01:50.
Old 2012-10-16, 01:24   Link #78
dark998

Already giving hints about the "secret of thw world", eh? Good, good.

And Komari is absolutely adorable. Rin too with her over-shyness.
Old 2012-10-16, 01:39   Link #79
Magicflier

Quote:
This is definitely the worst anime of the season for me right now. Get it together please.
Many of us oversea fans are completely hopeless, eh? I miss the times where people don't start something about an anime until after 3-4 episodes successfully air, and give good relevant reviews or rate animes AFTER the anime is completed.
Old 2012-10-16, 02:19   Link #80
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Rin is so cute and moe~

Komari is little annoying... while Riki is mentioning something mysterious about "the secret of the world"
but Rin cuteness is hypnotizing me to give this episode a "9"
Closed Thread