Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-05, 03:56   Link #401
Viperus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
well let me answer some Science's related issues.

well.. no it can't be done even in space with our technology. If you are reading it from Popular science or something, its probably some scienctist's dream project atm.

If the cup is in your helmet then it will work. However if not... Yes, you will hear something. You won't be able to make anything out of the vibration. You won't be able to recognize it as a speech. eg you wont' recognize someone's voice and the sound would even be quieter than your breathing. The distance wont make that much different. Gundum (or whatever)'s talking touch wasn't exactly accurate.

Sure you can , you make a ship/space station that keeps keeps spinning (thats not a problem since there is no gravity) and because of the centrifugal force , you're beeing pulled towards the outer wall of the ship. If the ship/station has a shape of a huuuge circle (moon size , you won't even notice that its round when walking)

Although , you can get dizzy/sleepy from spinning too fast , but it can be used to produce artificial gravity. At least robots can work in it

And if the helmet is made out of some material that isnt a good sound isolator (not metal/rubber) like , umm.....wood helmet , you could put the cup on your helmet , but wood helmet kinda endangeres your life in space , I guess
Old 2007-01-05, 17:20   Link #402
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Looks like the dude with the weird glasses in episode 12 is indeed Mao.
Old 2007-01-05, 17:25   Link #403
sakutsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post

Thanks for the image. A full picture of Kaguya and the 2nd prince =0= Where did this picture came from anyway?
Old 2007-01-05, 17:34   Link #404
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Thanks for the scan.

It'll be very interesting to see how Mao comes into the story - anyone able to translate what's said about him from the scan?
Old 2007-01-05, 19:18   Link #405
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Thanks for the scan.

It'll be very interesting to see how Mao comes into the story - anyone able to translate what's said about him from the scan?
(this is quite possibly wildly inaccurate on my part)
Let's see... All I can tell from the Kanji is that Mao is mentally unstable, and that he was given the Geass power by CC 11 years ago, when he was 6 years old... I don't know what his power can actually do (other than it is stronger than Lulu's), so that would be for others to translate.

Oh, and about Sakuya... She is supposedly a major force within a group of 6 wealthy families/corporations (The Britannians called them NAC) who were major supporters of the former Japanese government, and thus naturally are now the supporters of the present resistance groups. It was Sakuya's personal order that had caused Crimson Lotus MkII to be given to the Black Knights as a gift two episodes ago.
Old 2007-01-05, 19:24   Link #406
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:

aww so I was wrong.... damit I was so sure CC didn't call him Mao. May be its his old name or something.

Thanks for the scan.

oh~ now I get it. CC was talking to someone else, not the white hair guy.

--------------------------------------------------------

A new girl will be introduced in 14. which is very soon. The scan mentioned her having same atmosphere as Shirley lol.
They are preparing a substitute for Shirley who is on "die soon" list.

Adding on the Mao thing. Scan said that he will be using Shirley to get Lulu. (I think)

Sakuya is freaking hot. I really hope she plays some major roles although that won't be happening. At least I want her to be a good friend with CC, their hotness and IQ kinda go well together.
Old 2007-01-05, 19:27   Link #407
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Let's see... All I can tell from the Kanji is that Mao is mentally unstable, and that he was given the Geass power by CC 11 years ago, when he was 6 years old... I don't know what his power can actually do (other than it is stronger than Lulu's), so that would be for others to translate.
well he does look a bit mentally unstable from the pic of him sitting down but what? CC handing out free geass and abandoning the guy...doesnt sound like her tbh...and stronger than lulu's? i thought geass was just geass...or unless the could be a chance for his geass to work on an opponent twice (or more)? seen as he possessed it at such a young age ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-05, 19:42   Link #408
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well he does look a bit mentally unstable from the pic of him sitting down but what? CC handing out free geass and abandoning the guy...doesnt sound like her tbh...and stronger than lulu's? i thought geass was just geass...or unless the could be a chance for his geass to work on an opponent twice (or more)? seen as he possessed it at such a young age ~
geass is geass, however each person's geass is different. Mao's geass probably have something directly in harming someone else if not completely brain kill the target.

Given that he will be using Shirley later, his ability 'might' have something that allow him to do that....
Old 2007-01-05, 19:59   Link #409
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Thanks for the translation VCV~

Hopefully once he starts to make more of an appearance in the series, we'll find out just why he's here in the first place. We can't just have 'revenge against C.C.' - there has to be something else.
Old 2007-01-05, 20:16   Link #410
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
geass is geass, however each person's geass is different. Mao's geass probably have something directly in harming someone else if not completely brain kill the target.

Given that he will be using Shirley later, his ability 'might' have something that allow him to do that....
and that would be a lame way for her to "kick the bucket" T_T

oh thx...i thought geass was only one ability to mind control someone...didnt think that the skill ability changes from person to person :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-05, 21:04   Link #411
flou
That's no lady

Based on the spoilers from the LJ community (all the spoilers for ep 12 have proven true, so I've chosen to believe them)
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-06, 00:29   Link #412
flou
That's no lady

By the way, who are the seiyuus for Schneizel, Kaguya/Sakuya, and Mao? I can't read it T_T...
Old 2007-01-06, 02:02   Link #413
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I've gotta say that Mao, dressed like that, sort of reminds me of Straight Cougar from s-CRY-ed, haha. Radical Good Speed!
Old 2007-01-06, 03:03   Link #414
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Based on the spoilers from the LJ community (all the spoilers for ep 12 have proven true, so I've chosen to believe them)
Spoiler:
Actually, the Lancelot and Guren Mk2 weigh respectively 6,890 and 7,510kg - and when I completed the Wikipedia info on KFs, I took the numbers come from the official site itself so it's pretty much final. So, yeah, if the Cromwell exists, then it is slighly heavier although I don't know what for - whether it is because of armaments/equipment or because it has a larger frame. At any rate, either it is made by Laksharta (because it has a Britannian name), it's manufactured by a party not related to the Empire or Lelouch simply steals it. I'm also a little more interested (if the whole thing turns out true) in whether we'll see a sudden surge in skills from Lelouch, who, after all, has not been trained in using a Knightmare Frame and shows little promise to becoming an ace anytime soon. The two only moments we saw him doing nifty tricks with his KF were during the battle of Shinjuku when he was trying to get the Lancelot back off and inside the Fuji mines...the latter of which had him with the advantage of surprise effect.

Newtype scans from the LJ community - I took the freedom to re-zip and reupload them on sendspace.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n8nj9j
--> If someone sees spoilers (especially from the character pages) worth mentioning, feel free to post here.

Anyway, could someone please translate the text on the left side?

Spoilers up to ep17.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-01-06 at 03:19.
Old 2007-01-06, 03:47   Link #415
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Anyway, could someone please translate the text on the left side?

Spoilers up to ep17.
Episode 16: Captive Nunnally
To take revenge on Zero, who slipped past his ability to read people's minds and made him lose, Mao captures Zero's little sister, Nunnally. With his precious sister imprisoned as hostage, Zero is unable to strike back.

Episode 17: Knight
The members of the Japan Liberation Front must rescue their comrade, Lieutanent Colonel Todo, who is captured by the Britannian Army, and depend on the cooperation of the Order of the Black Knights.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2007-01-06, 03:53   Link #416
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
To take revenge on Zero, who slipped past his ability to read people's minds and made him lose, Mao captures Zero's little sister, Nunnally. With his precious sister imprisoned as hostage, Zero is unable to strike back.

Episode 17: Knight
The members of the Japan Liberation Front must rescue their comrade, Lieutanent Colonel Todo, who is captured by the Britannian Army, and depend on the cooperation of the Order of the Black Knights.
wow, thanks for the translation.
hmm anyone mind doing 13-15?
Old 2007-01-06, 04:33   Link #417
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Ah, so THAT's Mao's ability.

It is most certainly useful. It is really quite a tough choice deciding which power is better; the ability to control people, or the ability to read their mind?

I wonder if Mao could only use it once per person?
Old 2007-01-06, 04:45   Link #418
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Being able to hear the thoughts of a person only once per person sounds weak especially if limitations similar to those of Lelouch's Eye Geass applies. Of course, unless he's capable of reading minds even from distances away, and need not physical contact, that's probably a different story.

And if this power is hearing the voices in the head, and the lj spoiler seems to be true again at the point. Though being mentally unstable...I wouldn't be surprised if Mao's Geass power was a failure and he cannot control it, and having to hear the inner voices of everything around him... that would be crazy indeed.

What's interesting is how the Ep.16 spoiler phrases revenge against Zero rather than revenge against Lelouch...It makes it look like he's acting under the Zero persona even with his identity known to Mao, which might mean he's utilizing the Black Knights...and Kallen knows about Lelouch's sister. Danger?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-01-06, 05:54   Link #419
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
wow, thanks for the translation.
hmm anyone mind doing 13-15?
That has already been done a few pages back.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-01-06, 06:36   Link #420
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:

Stuff that hasn't been translated but intrigued me:

Kaguya:
--gave Guren Nishiki to Zero (i.e. not Kirihara's doing)
--"perhaps Suzaku and Lelouche knows her and her face?"

Sophie Wood (blue hair, right):
--I'm thinking that this "Shirley's Roommate" is voiced by the winner of the bikini idol geass contest way back when.
--"An original character that was created for Miki-san and is just like her in real life"
--Appears Ep. 14 ("Geass vs Geass"

Schienzel (sp)
--Like Lelouch, "mediocre combat ability but great tactical whatsis"

Mao
--Received Geass power from CC when he was 6, 11 years ago

----------------------

The Newtype Spoilers:

Episode Sixteen suggests that Lelouch will be taken aback by Mao's powers, suffer some initial setback, and then pwn Mao. Exactly like Cornelia's scenario, but with a white haired "psychologically unsteady (from above character link)" teen.

Episode Seventeen suggests that Lelouch pwns Mao again, perhaps fatally, at the end of episode sixteen, as the Black Knights will hardly have the time to go on a rescue mission if Nanaly is still in the clutches of Mao.

-----------------------

Overall impression of official spoilers:

The Good: Great, Lelouch's geass is not infallible, when encountering a mind reader. Shirley being used as a tool, maybe she'll get offed? She'll get to know Zero's identity via Mao, will that translate into knowledge for other people?

The Bad: Structurally "more of the same", antihero-encounters-setbacks-triumphs, no moving forward of Britannia plot, little mention of where our 2nd prince, who knows about the people who killed Mama Lulu.

The Ugly: Where's my CC development? Kallen development?? Any consequences of Nina's masturbation?
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers