Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Tamayura The Final, Tamayura the And a Happy New Year:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 20:16   Link #202
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 14:26   Link #203
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Subbed ep 12 is available.
Old 2011-12-21, 17:30   Link #204
Dop
Mmmm....

That... was beautiful. A beautiful series. I'm still wiping my eyes after watching that. It really makes you understand what they mean by 'healing' anime.

I believe that when it comes to the heartwarming uplifting sweet slice of life anime that Junichi Sato has no equal. He has a deft touch for this kind of material, it seems to me.

I think there are more stories to be told in the world of Tamayura, and I absolutely hope we get to see them.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 17:35   Link #205
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

And thus, the best show of the season ends. It certainly didn't fail to live up to my expectations. Every single second of it was either relaxing, heartwarming, cute, funny, wistful or all of the aforementioned. However, if I had to use one word to qualify the series, it'd be soothing. It's one of those rare kind of shows that warms your heart up and makes you forget about all your problems for twenty minutes or so. It simply makes you feel good.

I am going to miss this anime so much. I am eagerly waiting for Junichi Sato's next work. In the meantime, I shall enjoy Natsume season 4, and I can hope another anime of this kind will follow afterwards.
Old 2011-12-21, 19:18   Link #206
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

wow that was a perfect end. really enjoyed this series.
Old 2011-12-21, 22:55   Link #207
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This anime was just so adorable and just such a great ending

10/10 there really need to be anther season
Old 2011-12-22, 01:17   Link #208
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Agree with the above posts 100%!

Am really looking forward to the BD version of this one - the animation should be really beautiful....
Old 2011-12-22, 03:39   Link #209
Sol Falling

Haha. I didn't go about raving to people that this was the best anime of the season, but it really was just about perfect. Not much more to say than that. It was a real joy and privilege to have been able to watch this; out of the Junichi Satou series I have watched before, I would probably have to say this was the best.

Would really love to see a second season. Maon, Norie, Komachi, Kou-chan; they push all my moe buttons.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 09:02   Link #210
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

What a nice anime, and what a nice way to end it. I will be honest and found one or two episodes rather boring. I can't remember which episodes however...the episode was between 7-10 I think But even so, these past few episodes had sparked my interest again and i'm glad I finished the anime, it's one of the few that can keep people watching without involving action of deep storylines etc.

I'm actually watching the Tamayura OVA's right now. I had only learned of them a few days ago but decided that I would wait until the anime finished so that I don't suffer the wrath of knowing that it's finished and not being able to watch it anymore
Old 2011-12-22, 14:51   Link #211
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I just caught up with, and finished, Tamayura ~Hitotose~

Like DXMicheal, the show lost me a bit somewhere in the Episode 7-10 range, but it ended extremely eloquently, and on the perfect note.

This anime does indeed represents the heavenly heights that a healing anime can achieve when it takes itself seriously, and presents its story with subtle, serendipitous sincerity. But while there is a touch of magic in the air, the story nonetheless feels grounded and easily accessible. Plot movement, and character development, occur smoothly, seamlessly, sublimely. Nothing feels forced, and everything feels believable, at least in time.

And all of this sugary sweetness is given just the right pinch of sour kick, through the inclusion of good comedy moments that keeps Tamayura ~Hitotose~ from becoming overly calm and idealized. The
Norie/Kou/Komachi love triangle remains ever endearingly amusing, as it presents the darker side of the two girls in it in a way that rounds them out nicely and gives the show a needed edge. The eccentricities of certain secondary characters also contribute nicely here.

But the main cast is the main cast, and their development is charming to behold. Very carefully, so carefully that you can almost miss it, many of the main girls (Potte, Maon, Chihiro) gradually become less and less shy. Stammering fear finely fades to give way to a dawn of assertive confidence, yet the gracious and caring hearts behind the voices remain as radiant as ever.

Well, although Moan's "The Fairy of Takenoko; Noko-chan" had quite an ironic twist, as it had the main character meet with a decidedly tragic end. How incredibly ironic it is to have a budding Gen Urobuchi in Tamayura ~Hitotose~ of all shows.

And yet, that raises the fact that this has been a year of many darker anime shows. A very good year to be sure, but one that I think benefited greatly from the contrasting brilliant brightness of Tamayura. If ever an anime deserved to be called "Life-Affirming", it would be this one.

What Tamayura displays, with an oddly appropriate seeming effortlessness, is the wide range of social connections and contexts that we go through in life. Potte's circle of family, friends, and aquaintances grows quite substantially through out this anime, so much so that I couldn't keep track of all the characters. And yet, is this not what life itself is like? We often know more people than we think we do, and can't help but run into all the old, familiar faces. So while our world gets larger, it remains our world. And what this show demonstrates is that it's nice to capture the moments and memories of that world in pictures, to preserve for the rest of our lives, and even beyond that for surviving friends and family members.

In this vein, the anime does a wondrous job of going full circle, of trying Potte back to the realizations she made in the first episode, of emphasizing the nature and warmth of her relationship with her father, and how that has left him with a great family legacy that transcends his death, and her with the fullness of life itself.

A picture perfect ending for a picture perfect anime about someone who takes perfect pictures. No anime of 2011 exceeded my expectations more than this one did. I'm not sure I'd call it my favorite Fall 2011 show, but it is truly excellent at what it does. I very much would love to see a sequel.
Old 2011-12-24, 19:21   Link #212
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

the dvd release will have an unaired ep 5.5 which has more Chihiro!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ed-episode-5.5
Old 2011-12-25, 09:33   Link #213
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Brilliant news!

... now to wait six months
Old 2011-12-25, 18:54   Link #214
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Yatta!

I don't mind waiting 6 months. Hmm ... I wonder what the schedule is for the BD eps and if they will contain any extra material from the tv eps?
Old 2012-01-27, 03:45   Link #215
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Okay ... Vol One of the BDs is available, and I must say that the image quality is absolutely beautiful and sharp.
Old 2012-01-27, 14:35   Link #216
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Okay ... Vol One of the BDs is available, and I must say that the image quality is absolutely beautiful and sharp.
Nice. I was just wondering how they came out myself.
Old 2012-01-27, 16:35   Link #217
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Nice. I was just wondering how they came out myself.
Yes indeed ... at least I think they are lovely compared to the versions of the ts that were used for the series themselves.

It's not as ridiculously amazing as, say the BD of Denpa teki na Kanojo, but it is a noticeable improvement imo!

I t would be kinda nice to have it in 1080p, but since all I ever do is watch eps on my laptop it would be personally kinda wasted - 720p is plenty for me.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:30   Link #218
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Prolly you all know, but volume 2 of the BD has been out for a while now.

Have actually been considering starting up a Tamayura Social Group ... not sure if anyone else would be interested, but I would welcome anyone else who would like to join. Thus far we have the OVA eps, the Tamayura Hitotose season, and a Tamayuradio ep subbed and available in English, as well as a handful of soundtracks and such.

Prolly be a little while before I actually set it up, and I know it will definitely be a "niche" group, but I find myself re-watching and re-listening to the Tamayura material quite a bit. I guess the whole ... erm ... "phenomenon" really struck a chord in me.

When I actually do start it up and set it up I will make an announcement in this thread....
Old 2012-03-25, 07:40   Link #219
Misago

second season announced!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...ets-2nd-season
Misago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 08:09   Link #220
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misago View Post
Seriously? I'm honestly shocked that it managed to get another one. Were the sales that good and I completely missed it?

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life