AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-03, 10:07   Link #3221
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

No no no no no!!

That's the whole point that makes absolutely no sense!

He could easily resolve his relationship with Nagi by that time and draw the line somewhere. Either professional, or otherwise.

I don't see why wouldn't he go with someone by then. It doesn't even have to be out of love, or someone from the current HnG cast. Let's say they all went their separate ways, and even the ones that were in love with him got tired of waiting. Hayate is now a charismatic 25 (random number) year old bachelor that won the lottery, but still works for Nagi (yeah, I'm too lazy to come up with a better idea for income). Let's say he's bound to Nagi not from the debt, but from gratitude / relevant event that's yet to happen in HnG, whatever that might be...

Or he might double time with Maria. Ahahaha!

Edit~

Oh, yeah, how much time are they exactly together now? A few months, or a year at least? I mean from the time that he met with Nagi.

People change, and it would be very fucked up if he didn't after... say 5 years. If he could draw the line with Nagi, then the whole debt topic would eventually arise, and Nagi could easily just say that he doesn't owe her anything, and that she only kept him around for personal reasons.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 18:52   Link #3222
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Wow...a lot of talking while I was away.

First let me say that I think it is entirely possible that Hayate will be a virgin for the entire manga and likely until he is 56 (taking into account his age and the 40 years of service). Let's face it...Hayate is to decent just to accept that he doesn't have to pay back the debt in full and he will more than likely remain completely chaste until his debt is cleared as he truly believes that he cannot have a girlfriend right now. Hina seems to be the closest to understanding this and it may be a plot point later that the girls try to get it into his head that he can date. This actually will be very simple to pull off...

Hina or Ayumu or Maria (or anyone really) will finally explain to Nagi that Hayate isn't aware that she likes him that way. After her initial devastation Hina probably will explain that Athena told him he couldn't have a girlfriend unless he could provide for her, etc. Then they all realize that none of them can have Hayate unless they make him see that they like him anyways, this would also provide Nagi with a good reason to void his debt or something as an attempt. It could then be a funny few chapters as Hayate wonders why everyone is being so nice to him all of a sudden. By this point the girls can then go on to classic antics like trying to sabotage each other and spying on each others' dates and such. This would be a long ways off and would require a lot of development but it isn't impossible at least.

Still, for the time being I don't see him hooking up with Athena now whatever else may happen. I'm hoping he at least gets some closure in the next few chapters so that he can stop being so depressed. Then we just need to find a way to cheer up Hina...and maybe Hayate will feel guilty that he ruined her night by bringing up the business with Athena...I bet she can probably score a third date with him if everything goes right.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 19:04   Link #3223
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Edit~

Oh, yeah, how much time are they exactly together now? A few months, or a year at least? I mean from the time that he met with Nagi.

People change, and it would be very fucked up if he didn't after... say 5 years. If he could draw the line with Nagi, then the whole debt topic would eventually arise, and Nagi could easily just say that he doesn't owe her anything, and that she only kept him around for personal reasons.
It's been 4 months since Hayate first met Nagi I think, which the spiralled into what we know as Hayate no Gotoku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Wow...a lot of talking while I was away.

First let me say that I think it is entirely possible that Hayate will be a virgin for the entire manga and likely until he is 56 (taking into account his age and the 40 years of service). Let's face it...Hayate is to decent just to accept that he doesn't have to pay back the debt in full and he will more than likely remain completely chaste until his debt is cleared as he truly believes that he cannot have a girlfriend right now. Hina seems to be the closest to understanding this and it may be a plot point later that the girls try to get it into his head that he can date. This actually will be very simple to pull off...

Hina or Ayumu or Maria (or anyone really) will finally explain to Nagi that Hayate isn't aware that she likes him that way. After her initial devastation Hina probably will explain that Athena told him he couldn't have a girlfriend unless he could provide for her, etc. Then they all realize that none of them can have Hayate unless they make him see that they like him anyways, this would also provide Nagi with a good reason to void his debt or something as an attempt. It could then be a funny few chapters as Hayate wonders why everyone is being so nice to him all of a sudden. By this point the girls can then go on to classic antics like trying to sabotage each other and spying on each others' dates and such. This would be a long ways off and would require a lot of development but it isn't impossible at least.

Still, for the time being I don't see him hooking up with Athena now whatever else may happen. I'm hoping he at least gets some closure in the next few chapters so that he can stop being so depressed. Then we just need to find a way to cheer up Hina...and maybe Hayate will feel guilty that he ruined her night by bringing up the business with Athena...I bet she can probably score a third date with him if everything goes right.
I agree with you in saying there is a possibility Hayate cannot choose them any of them and choose to end up alone in his romantic life (that is, if Nagi doesn't kick him out of her house for making that choice, which I doubt). However, I really doubt that it will happen, afterall we have to consider the implications it would have on Hayate no Gotoku's fandom/popularity and the hate that will be generated towards Hata. I mean, imagine Hata pairing Hayate with no one (eventually) and breaking each heroine's heart who is in love with him. [I say "eventually" because it is entirely possible Hayate won't love for quite a long time before he moves on from Athena]
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 19:10   Link #3224
Rah

Teleutao: No. It's not going to end with a time skip, nor with him alone till his debt is paid.

That whole debt business is a load of crap, and... no wait, I won't even bother...

How about this? If Hayate doesn't change, then he'll remain bound by the debt for the remaining 40 years or more (depending on his pay, which can always be reduced to increase the time. AhAhAHAHahaH!!). If he's bound by the debt it's basically Nagi end by default. Love or not, he stays with her. She can then get a real husband, but still keep Hayata-chwan~ as a slave. Good boy Haya...something... *throws doggie biscuit*

Hayate: Arf! Arf!
Hayate: *retreats to his dog house with his weekly "meal"*

Ha...hahah....HAHAHHaHAHAH!!!

*hysterical laughter*
Old 2009-10-03, 20:55   Link #3225
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

well i dont know but i think hayate have changed since everything began, and he have more cofident now, and we dont know how much he will change once he talks with athena, all that crap of he doesnt deserves to have a relationship may vanish from his head... and well he doesnt necesarly have to be virgin until 50 xD if he ends up with a rushing girl like athena that KISSED HIM LIKE AT 8 AGES OLD ON THE FIRST DAY I CANT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT NOW THAT THEY ARE ALL BIGGIE AND READY TO GO if u know what i mean... but i dont think hayate is that dumb, he has always been with the excuse that he doesnt deserve to be with a girl because of athena, and maybe everything will change after they settle things up
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 21:34   Link #3226
Opace

We know for sure that Isumi would pay off Hayate's debts in order to "own" him. Athena certainly have the funds to do so instantly as well. The others have a harder time finding the money to pay off his debts (perhaps Izumi could?).
Old 2009-10-03, 21:46   Link #3227
Rah

Kay, as Opace said, they've been together for 4 months (LOL), and Nagi doesn't really care about that debt. It's the initial misunderstanding that Nagi is taking advantage of to keep Hayate by her side. Hayate is totally clueless about Nagi's feelings, and he initially only cared about repaying her, but as time passed he came to genuinely care about her. I'm not sure about his current state of mind, or shall I say "state of affairs", since his no.1 priority now is resolving things with Athena, irrelevant of how it goes. Irrelevant, because since he's such a nice guy *insert Hayate praise here* that he won't leave Nagi's side even if Athena's permafrost barrier melts, and she accepts his pitiful re-confession+apology.

But since he's completely oblivious of anyone that loves him (except for past Athena, and possibly the current one - depending how things go...), he might end up with her again. This time he definitely wouldn't leave her for anything, or otherwise hurt her. I mean... it's ok to be by Nagi's side, and have a girlfriend as well, right? Hayate could think of it that way.

Ah, but, well... you know... it's too good to be true! Now the "ring" comes into play (no Gollum's involved). If I'm not mistaken, Hayate woke up all alone in the room and saw the ring that Athena left there (see what awful timing. She just HAD TO LEAVE a moment before he woke up). He might take it the wrong way, like I said a few posts back that he'll misunderstand it for a sign that she flat out rejected him before he even had the chance of saying anything. If Athena doesn't return soon, or if he doesn't meet her when he'll go looking around the mansion (perhaps searching for the exit), well.....

Jeez....
Old 2009-10-03, 22:01   Link #3228
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
But since he's completely oblivious of anyone that loves him (except for past Athena, and possibly the current one - depending how things go...), he might end up with her again.
You're forgetting one character. I'll give you a hint: Her name starts with the letter A, as well.
Old 2009-10-03, 22:06   Link #3229
Opace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
You're forgetting one character. I'll give you a hint: Her name starts with the letter A, as well.
Oh, let me do the honours:
Spoiler for Drumroll using a spoiler tag..:

But Rah does have a valid point, Hayate is quite oblivious to his surroundings. Then again, most Shounen protagonists are, fortunately and unfortunately.
Old 2009-10-03, 22:08   Link #3230
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Dam you Hayate, why do you have to use the money issue as an excuse to the other girls but completely forget about it when it comes to Athena? ^^
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 22:13   Link #3231
Rah

Ahhh!!! CRITICAL DAMAGE!!

How did I forget!? ... ...grrrrhhhh damnit!!

I guess that subconsciously I acknowledged that he doesn't really love her. Sure, he's flattered that she likes him, he's interested in girls, tempted perhaps as well, and it makes him happy and all, but... surely if it was love...

He just doesn't act in such a way...

I can't picture him confessing to her AT ALL. Well, at least not at this point. If by some, uhmm.. well "miracle?" the story shifts in her favor...

Heh, yeah right...

*sigh*
Old 2009-10-03, 22:55   Link #3232
Used Can

Hayate did admit in chapter 157 that Ayumu was important for him, and that had the situation been different (i.e. him not being indebted to Nagi), his answer to her confession may have been different.
Old 2009-10-03, 23:11   Link #3233
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Not "important" (define this important?) but he might not mind dating her with the feelings not known as "love,"and that of course happened before he remembered his past with Athena. And as Rah mentioned, right now, it is awfully difficult to imagine him accepting her proposal.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-03 at 23:23.
Old 2009-10-03, 23:27   Link #3234
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Not "important" (define this important?) but he might not mind dating her with not the feelings known as "love,"and that of course happened before he remembered his past with Athena. And as Rah mentioned, right now, it is awfully difficult to imagine him accepting her proposal.
I'm talking about chapter 157, he told us about A-tan in chapter 88.

Anyway, chapter 157 page 11 (these are Hayate's thoughts):
"For instance, if my parents hadn't handed me over to those yakuza members then I'd still be assisting to this high school. And I'd be leading a normal life, going to this classroom with Nishizawa-san. And... if she had confessed to me then, I would have..."

Page 16 (he said this to the Hollow-Ichigo lookalike):
"Don't you dare touch her, because this girl is a very important person to me."
Old 2009-10-03, 23:29   Link #3235
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Quote:
Hayate did admit in chapter 157 that Ayumu was important for him, and that had the situation been different (i.e. him not being indebted to Nagi), his answer to her confession may have been different.
If it wasnt for nagi maybe he would give his past with athena's excuse or maybe he was including that when he said if he was in a different position, he already said that he doesnt deserve to have a girl because of athena, and even makes stuff she taught him like he is the one who haves to pay for the girls stuff with his money or stuff like that. He already gave his past with athena's excuse for not being worthy to have a relationship with a girl
Old 2009-10-03, 23:36   Link #3236
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
I'm talking about chapter 157, he told us about A-tan in chapter 88.

Anyway, chapter 157 page 11 (these are Hayate's thoughts):
"For instance, if my parents hadn't handed me over to those yakuza members then I'd still be assisting to this high school. And I'd be leading a normal life, going to this classroom with Nishizawa-san. And... if the had confessed to me then, I would have..."

Page 16 (he said this to the Hollow-Ichigo lookalike):
"Don't you dare touch her, because this girl is a very important person to me."
True, he did spoke of Athena in chapter 88, but his memories of her was refreshed as showing in chapter 178 when dreaming about her due to Nagi's smile. He did tried his best to forget about those unbearable memories.

For the "important" part, you are right about it. However, my "important" was referring to as a true "love" interest which was why I asked you to define yours. All the girls: Nagi, Hina, Maria are very important to him but nothing more as friends as he just played the certain death,"She (Athena) is different from the others."

Edit: I won't be surprised if he was to accept (or fly to heaven?) Maria's confession (if she did it) if chapter 178 had yet to release.
Old 2009-10-03, 23:36   Link #3237
Used Can

Enough of this guys, I've posted the number of the chapter for you to read, and I've even posted quotes, in order to make my position solid. Stop making shitty excuses or else...

Quote:
True, he did spoke of Athena in chapter 88, but his memories of her was refreshed as showing in chapter 178 when dreaming about her due to Nagi's smile. He did tried his best to forget about those unbearable memories.
How do you know his memories were "refreshed"? For all we know, he was just thinking about it. Nagi's "we'll be together forever" made him remember that, and he was overcome by guilt. But that doesn't mean he had forgot about all those events.

Quote:
For the "important" part, you are right about it. However, my "important" was referring to as a true "love" interest which was why I asked you to define it. To be honest, all the girls: Nagi, Hina, Maria are very important to him but nothing more as a friends as he just play the certain death,"She (Athena) is different from the others."
Nagi wasn't in the pic you're talking about. Anyway, I'm not saying he regards Ayumu in the same way he regards Athena, my point is he probably did have those kinds of feelings for her. No one said you cannot like more than one person (in a romantic sense, this is).
Old 2009-10-03, 23:46   Link #3238
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

And there arent any counter comments againts me!? i feel ignored *goes to a corner* im gonna watch gintama to laught for a while *sniff*
Old 2009-10-03, 23:54   Link #3239
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildArms View Post
And there arent any counter comments againts me!? i feel ignored *goes to a corner* im gonna watch gintama to laught for a while *sniff*
Sorry mate, your argument was solid enough, I couldn't counter it. But, okay, let me try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildArms View Post
If it wasnt for nagi maybe he would give his past with athena's excuse or maybe he was including that when he said if he was in a different position, he already said that he doesnt deserve to have a girl because of athena, and even makes stuff she taught him like he is the one who haves to pay for the girls stuff with his money or stuff like that. He already gave his past with athena's excuse for not being worthy to have a relationship with a girl
Hayate did say that, but he also pointed out he'd like to have a girlfriend. Not to mention Hata said Maria and Hina were in Hayate's "strike zone" meaning that he did have some interest in some girls. Certainly, what Athena taught him remains as some sort of... uhh... model for him. However, that doesn't mean that, depending on the circumstances, he may decide to bypass that, and just go for the girl.
Old 2009-10-04, 00:06   Link #3240
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Enough of this guys, I've posted the number of the chapter for you to read, and I've even posted quotes, in order to make my position solid. Stop making shitty excuses or else...
Taking chapter 239 into consideration, I don't think it is hard to understand that Hayate never once considered Ayumu as a true love interest. I mean, he realized she loves him, and he just completely rejected her in his head.

You posted the past/"old" chapter? It is MUCH MORE reasonable if you takes the "CURRENT" chapter into consideration with his "true" thoughts to apply to Rah's statement that, "Hayate NEVER really love Ayumu."

Quote:
How do you know his memories were "refreshed"? For all we know, he was just thinking about it. Nagi's "we'll be together forever" made him remember that, and he was overcome by guilt. But that doesn't mean he had forgot about all those events.
Yes, we don't know. However, since that is the first time the story shown he dreamed about her, and do you think it is a coincidence that he was shown to dream about her on the "SAME" day after Nagi reminded him of "We will be together forever?" The likelihood is very small. And we realized how hard he tried to forget her.

Quote:
Nagi wasn't in the pic you're talking about. Anyway, I'm not saying he regards Ayumu in the same way he regards Athena, my point is he probably did have those kinds of feelings for her. No one said you cannot like more than one person (in a romantic sense, this is).
Why does Nagi have to be in the picture? Unarguably, I don't think we need to talk about her as his "love" interest.

What feelings? I believe he was tempting to get a girlfriend at the beginning of the story. I disagree if you think his feelings for Ayumu was "love" as he did to Athena.

Tags
comedy, shounen