AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-01, 19:54   Link #641
Digi-Dragon

Apparently the side-story is being put into the last volume - which has just come out in Japan. I wonder if anyone will translate it.
Old 2010-01-09, 09:46   Link #642
arcasoan

Hey o/
I would like to download the chapter 60 RAW, someone here have the chapter and can upload it?
or the volume 11 RAW, im trying to find but its very difficult, and i only need this chapter 60, or the volume 11

thx the attention
o/
Old 2010-02-26, 18:02   Link #643
Digi-Dragon

I have the Bokurano side story on my computer, after ordering the 11th volume of the manga from Japan. I have a friend who will translate it, but neither of us have much experience with hard-translating. Would anyone be interested in that?

(If anyone wants me to scan some of the Volume 11 raws, I can, but it will take a long time, as my scanner is new and doesn't always work correctly.)
Old 2010-03-14, 03:23   Link #644
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Guess someone translate some 4koma panel of Bokurano stories in mangafox...Digi-Dragon, was it you that translate it ?

It's quite intresting if I must say.

Old 2010-03-15, 20:15   Link #645
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi-Dragon View Post
I have the Bokurano side story on my computer, after ordering the 11th volume of the manga from Japan. I have a friend who will translate it, but neither of us have much experience with hard-translating. Would anyone be interested in that?
Hey, I helped out [Dung beetle] a little in releasing a couple of chapters. I'll see if I can point the others to this as I'm interested in seeing the side story.

I'll also see if I have the missing chapter around somewhere.
Old 2010-03-16, 15:48   Link #646
Selo
Lost Cause

Well I'm getting my Bokurano from MangaFox lately, and they claim to be done with the series entirely now, including the side story. I don't think anyone would need to translate it again, 'cause it's already up there (without a need to download, either).

I'm re-reading it all from start to finish now, and in a few days when I'm done I'll be back to share my thoughts on the ending!

Last edited by Selo; 2010-03-16 at 15:49. Reason: more detail
Old 2010-03-17, 19:10   Link #647
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Thanks Selo. Will check it out.

The raw for chapter 60 has been re-uploaded here for those looking for it:

http://mangahelpers.com/m/bokurano
Old 2010-03-18, 01:09   Link #648
Digi-Dragon

Late on this, but I found someone to do translating of the side-story and uploaded it to mangafox. Unfortunately, they uploaded it in the wrong order. :/ I sent them an e-mail, but I'm unsure of how to rectify this.

I've got it in the proper order, if anyone wants to read it, though!
Old 2010-03-19, 04:53   Link #649
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Spoiler for for Jun & Machi:
Old 2010-03-19, 16:46   Link #650
Selo
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru View Post
Thanks Selo. Will check it out.
A note to all headed to MangaFox: make sure you have a strong firewall/anti-virus software installed... that site has not been kind to my past computers.
Old 2010-03-20, 04:09   Link #651
Digi-Dragon

:X Yeah, Selo, I know what you mean... If anyone can help me upload the chapter to onemanga, that's a better place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
Spoiler for for Jun & Machi:
Spoiler for Jun and Machi:
Old 2010-03-20, 12:03   Link #652
Digi-Dragon

Many apologies for the double-post, but on MangaFox, the side-story is now in the proper order! Still looking to upload it on OneManga, for those who don't want to risk virus infection...
Old 2010-03-21, 07:48   Link #653
Selo
Lost Cause

At first I didn't think OneManga had the rest of the series, but I see now that they do. That would probably be the best place to upload it after MangaFox.

Anyway, I'm finishing up Kanji's arc. The stories really are getting so powerful - lots to think about. I know I'm hungry for more, and maybe to read the lite novel as well (if anyone scanslates/uploads it).
Old 2010-03-21, 16:21   Link #654
Digi-Dragon

Oh, the same person who translated the side-story is translating the novel as well! She's half-way through chapter eight. To avoid any spoilers on pilot order, here is the link to the first parts.

http://taka-waku.livejournal.com/?skip=20

As for uploading to onemanga, does anyone have experience with that? I was awfully confused, which was why I chose MangaFox.
Old 2010-03-21, 19:54   Link #655
Selo
Lost Cause

I just finished the whole rest of the series, beginning to end. Wow do I have thoughts.

Really, the further along the story got, the more I felt that Kitoh likes his big series' to have a circular plot where everything ends very similar to how it begins.

Spoiler for Ending chapters:

Also, now that I've finished both this and Narutaru, I'd like to talk more about what I've discovered: Bokurano and Narutaru are truly counterparts of each other. They are companions, the same but different, the same ingredients mixed together in a different way. I was hit so strongly by this when I finished Bokurano because it's impossible to deny the ying-yang relationship the two stories have.

Thoughts on this:
Spoiler for Narutaru & Bokurano:

I love how Kitoh explores these possibilities, and what it says about our world and the manga-ka's personal views. Never before have I read work by a manga artist and storyteller who has so, so, so much to say.

As for the side story, it's up and it's fun. It's basically all a big joke, Kitoh showing some of his early ideas and little humorous scenes between the characters. He admits to his sick imagination quite a bit It's a nice bonus.
Old 2010-03-23, 16:23   Link #656
Digi-Dragon

I agree with your thoughts, Selo, definitely. I've...yet to venture into all of Narutaru, though I have Kitoh-fan friends who have read it, and I have read various chapters of it, so I can see your points.

Spoiler for Narutaru & Bokurano:

Spoiler for Bokurano ~Alternative~ ending -- this is the light novel, people!! Don't read unless you don't plan on waiting until the translation's finished.:

Now watch as no one reads my wall-of-text because they don't want anything spoiled for them. XD;
Old 2010-04-23, 01:08   Link #657
Digi-Dragon

I am double-posting a lot. >> I need to hard-translate it, but with the Bokurano Illustration and Background Book came one last installment to the series: A six-page epilogue to the manga.

I will upload it to Mangafox and Onemanga (when I figure out how) once I get it hard-translated.
Old 2010-04-24, 07:01   Link #658
Selo
Lost Cause

Oh, please do. I'd love to see it.
Old 2010-04-25, 13:17   Link #659
Digi-Dragon

I have the translation, but it's not yet hard-translated. Let me link where I have it up, though, for simplicity's sake, since uploading to Onemanga involves going through several different channels and Mangafox tends to infect computers.

http://community.livejournal.com/bok...ooc/24969.html

This is where I linked it for the other Bokurano fans I talk to to see. The translations are on the entry, and there are a few other scans from the artbook there as well.
Old 2010-11-23, 08:04   Link #660
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Is the novel translated---?
I re-watched the whole series (haven't re-read the whole manga though ). . It'll be great if someone want to translate it ;_;

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen