AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 16:26   Link #1001
Moeterum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't think there's any hint of yaoi in Hibiki and Daichi.

There's plenty of it with Hibiki and Yamato or maybe Hibiki and Saiduq/Alcor though.

Bromance and yaoi are two completely different things.
But it plays out as more than just bromance.

I mean, he doesn't look like Hibiki has any feelings for Yamato, maybe he does for Alcor but not for Yamato.

However it does look like he have feelings for Daichi.
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 02:26   Link #1002
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So a guy is showing affection for another guy. Obviously they want to make babies together!
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:23   Link #1003
tripleshift

Sure, BFFs = romantic relationship. Anime logic ftw. ._. With that logic I might as well start shipping Fumi x Makoto.
tripleshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:38   Link #1004
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleshift View Post
Sure, BFFs = romantic relationship. Anime logic ftw. ._. With that logic I might as well start shipping Fumi x Makoto.
You mean you WEREN'T before? Blasphemy @u@ Shipping doesn't need proof or justifications. While it's nice to have them, simple delusions alone are more than enough.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 10:29   Link #1005
The Green One

If two objects in an anime have a name, then someone somewhere ships them. It doesn't have to make sense, someone will do it anyway. That's just how it is.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 10:54   Link #1006
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I have nothing against shipping. But I don't think people should see hints where there are none.
Old 2013-06-20, 11:33   Link #1007
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Shipping means if you says they are hints then they are. Or more like delusion fuel. Concept itself is entirely subjective. For example I'd like to think ep.10 was more about Hibiki being sick of losing people and his friendship with Io but I bet the whole thing was one 20 minutes long shipping fuel for some.

Same thing can be said for Hibiki and Daichi here. They're complete BROTP for me but everyone will draw their own conclusions. They grew up together, Daichi chased off his bullies, Hibiki grew out of his drone like state because of him, Daichi studied hard just to get into the same school as him even though he's troubled by academics, Hibiki managed to live his life with Daichi around, Daichi spent this whole week worried about not being able to help or protect Hibiki, Hibiki spent it trying to make sure he and his other friends were safe and protected even emotionally, Daichi summoned motherloving JA'AKU FROST with the sheer power of his bromance.

They're still just BROTP for me but I know I went absolutely NUTS on much less so I'd have to cut off my tongue if I claimed that wasn't ship tease. In that sense no one can decide what is a hint and what is not for someone else. Everything is from the right angle.

And on that note believe me when I say a name, face or even sentience isn't mandatory for someone or something to be shipping material. Either way once you're around long enough you starts not questioning shipping I mean your sanity wouldn't last otherwise people ship pens and books or Yahoo and Tumblr???? Shipping is scary.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:22   Link #1008
The Green One

Trying to make sense of shipping is an exercise in futility. Just smile and nod and maintain a healthy distance from the delusion.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:36   Link #1009
tripleshift

EP12 spoilers
Spoiler:
tripleshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:46   Link #1010
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Gay.

This episode is truly gay I mean, seriously that hug and
Spoiler:

Watched it with a couple of my friends and the episode somehow become more enjoyable with them streaming together. Also I missed the preview since I thought there's not going to be any..hopefully someone will put them on YT or something.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:57   Link #1011
Kakkou
Tch.

Basically what I got by the end of the episode was that the entire anime was written just for the sake of the last scene + ED and by the end of the credits Team Kishizu would excitedly turn to the audience with "How's that? Clever, huh? Awesome, huh?" written all over their faces.

...Except well you know, it's not. =__=

I don't even know if the final episode matters anymore now.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 13:26   Link #1012
Kirarakim

Quote:
I have nothing against shipping. But I don't think people should see hints where there are none.
Shipping is not always logical

I am not much of a fanon shipper, as in my favorite relationships are always going to be canon. However I've been in fandom too long to not have fun looking at things in other ways outside of canon. That doesn't mean you think these ships are actually plausible, just a fun way to see the canon in a different light.

And although I have not watched the episode yet, I am not really surprised by the spoiler. I (like many others here) have been expecting a reset for awhile now. Normally I despise resets but in this case I don't really care. Of course I never cared about the plot of the anime. What I enjoyed most was the character interaction and FRIENDSHIP.

So if the anime ends with everyone coming back to life and some sappy and corny friendship scene I will be complete satisfied.
Old 2013-06-20, 15:11   Link #1013
ChampDream
Alive

poor Hibiki.

the ending look really empty.
Old 2013-06-20, 15:34   Link #1014
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, the thing has been going the "predictable route", in quotes because the prediction method is rather meta. On the other hand, the presentation has been somewhat decent. Looks like once again my final grade is going to depend on the final episode.
Old 2013-06-20, 16:49   Link #1015
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, the thing has been going the "predictable route", in quotes because the prediction method is rather meta. On the other hand, the presentation has been somewhat decent. Looks like once again my final grade is going to depend on the final episode.
When in doubt blame Square Enix...
Old 2013-06-20, 17:00   Link #1016
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^Is that a reference to something?
Old 2013-06-20, 17:48   Link #1017
mistress_kisara

Episode 12
Spoiler:
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 19:44   Link #1018
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Man, Hibiki, you did terrible in this run even with all of the hax you started out with. This is probably the worst showing in the DeSu subseries.

Spoiler for DeSu 1 spoilers:

Hell, there's only one MegaTen game I could think of where the MC did this badly.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 20:30   Link #1019
waffler

im still hoping hibiki will join yamato through some magic xD
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 20:33   Link #1020
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
BD/DVD vol.2 cover:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Man, why does Yasuda always draw characters in sexy outfits we'll never actually see in the story?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlus, devil_survivor, index, persona