AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 02:30   Link #941
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Emergency fix today, Morde got switched out for Yorick in this week's rotation. Gotta say people buried the poor guy, he's actually a decent tough DPS with a good burst. Horrible mana pool and rather slow, but with a good build I managed to get a quadra kill @ our 3rd turret by myself.
Built him with:
1) Manamune
2) Merc treads
3) Warmog's armor
4) Atma's impaler
5) Youmuu's ghostblade
6) Last whisper
Over 1k on minion HP, highly spammable thanks to CDR and extended mana pool, enough survivability from items 2/3/4 and a pretty OP ultimate, you know what's worse than a really fed Trynda? Two of them I did occasionally cast it on me though, but never in order to resurrect, the revenant is too good to pass on.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 04:54   Link #942
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol the switch.
Well , didn't played Yorick but with all the very fews Yoricks that i encountered , that was horrible.
I'll try him to make my own statement.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 08:37   Link #943
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yorick is not bad with CDR. Thing is you need to hit near the cap to be just as useful as other champs. Most common build I see is this...

Tear --> Manamune later on
Spirit Visage
Glacial Shroud

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 09:17   Link #944
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Tried Yorick jungle , he can gank with W , not bad. Pretty good in jungle. But this isn't a carry , his dmg aren't good at all , he needs a buff imo.
Yeah Masamune is a must for him. Really mana dependent. He's damn slow. People can run away from him before using W for slow then Q for speed buff.
I'll say , ok/good at early , but so-so/bad after.At least better than a Twitch or eve.
Old 2011-07-06, 14:01   Link #945
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I test him 1 game, I don't really know how to play him .
Old 2011-07-06, 16:06   Link #946
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He's not a carry, he is a tanky physical burst support. I don't like visage on him, and I found him most useful mid/late-game, although by that time his burst fades a lot and he just becomes a dps nuisance, like a very big super minion, and that's when his support role comes in play. If you've got a good team, you can make the fight a lot easier for them with W and R, and pick on someone else with Q and E. Gonna try him in jungle next.
Old 2011-07-06, 18:05   Link #947
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah a "Tanky support" but well , there's better (Maokai , Alistar, Tankplank ^^ ....)
Anyway , his ulti is fun but really , you can just ignore Yorick in TF and just kill the more annoying champs first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I test him 1 game, I don't really know how to play him .
Imo , Yorick is really items's dependant & his stuff is kinda random cuz , he really need mana so give him a Manamune(or whatever items that give mana regen) , if you want to make more dmg with his Q , take Trinity but you'll need moneys , same for Warmog+Atma , more moneys. Try to get those items firsts.
I always take Philo stone for life&mana regen + golds at the beginning for Solo top. You'll need it cuz he's melee fighter so Autoattack for last hits is hard , your opponent can harrass you good specially against Irelia,Jarvan,GP,Cho'gath,Shen...
Then , if it's like that , hug your tower.
Frozen Heart can be a good item too , Armor,mana,cdr,passive.
But well , for the skills , use your ulti on the carry & do whatever you can to annoy your opponent.
Old 2011-07-07, 13:33   Link #948
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
I was hoping Leona would come out this week ;_; she looks like a lot of fun.
Old 2011-07-07, 13:39   Link #949
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I always take Philo stone for life&mana regen + golds at the beginning for Solo top. You'll need it cuz he's melee fighter so Autoattack for last hits is hard , your opponent can harrass you good specially against Irelia,Jarvan,GP,Cho'gath,Shen...
Then , if it's like that , hug your tower.
I got a 1v2 top situation today, started out w/meki+pots, skilled E first and just used it Vlad style. Surprisingly enough, the famine ghouls summoned every time put a lot of burden on the enemy team (~40% on each) and I got an easy kill at LV6. From what I've noticed, his priorities are: Mana>HP>AD>CDR>Armor&MR, but after getting around 200 AD, you can afford to switch to other stats.
Quote:
I was hoping Leona would come out this week
Me too^^ She will be my smurfy tank
Old 2011-07-07, 14:46   Link #950
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Riot streamed Leona , here a part :

Skills :

Quote:
A(Shield of Daybreak) : Leona next autoattack deal additional 40-160(+?) MAGIC damage and stuns the target for 1.25seconds.

Z(Eclipse) : Leona raises her shield to gain 10-60 (level4) bonus armor and magic resist for 3 seconds (lol). When the effect ends, she deals 60-210(au lv4) (+?) magic damage to nearby ennemies and prolong the effect for a bonus 3 seconds if ANY ennemies is struck.

E(Zenith Blade): Leona projects a solar image of her sword, wich deal 60 -100 (lv2) (+?) MAGIC damage to ALL ennemies in a line. When the image fades, the LAST ennemy champion struck will be BRIEFLY IMMOBILIZED and leona will dash to them.

R : After a brief delay, Leona calls down a beam of solar energy to deal 250 (+?) magic damage and slow ennemies by 80% for 1.5 seconds. Ennemies in the center are stunned instead of slowed.

Tanky AP , she's mine :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I got a 1v2 top situation today, started out w/meki+pots, skilled E first and just used it Vlad style. Surprisingly enough, the famine ghouls summoned every time put a lot of burden on the enemy team (~40% on each) and I got an easy kill at LV6. From what I've noticed, his priorities are: Mana>HP>AD>CDR>Armor&MR, but after getting around 200 AD, you can afford to switch to other stats.
Lol , they were pretty bad to lose or greedy.

Yeah Mana first , really , without it , he's a minion 1.5 lol , yeah HP & AD. I see my full stuff on him = Masamune , Mercury , Trinity , Warmog , Atma , Banshee. Dunno if it's fine , games just stop after my trinity so. And i retire what i said , he's good enough at Mid/Late specially to support your companions. Fed , he's very annoying with his 3,5K-4K hp....

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-07-07 at 14:58.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:19   Link #951
Velsy

The two champions I have been playing got nerfed :/

After the nerfing of Irelias healing to her Transcendant Blades (ult), which I accepted with a grain of salt. I had decided on a new stratergy and used it for a more offensive approach. Has now been nerfed in damage. So its Riot telling me "oh noes we cant have you healing off it, oh noes we cant have you doing damage with it either" so right now I really confuzzled. And then they nerfed Jarven which I actully have been liking and his Dragon strike is my favourit skill.

So right now I trying to think of a reason why I should keep playing League of Legends. Is there any reason?
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 03:14   Link #952
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh *#$ing sh*%, Leona and Pantheon are childhood friends. Hello my OTP in LoL! ^_^

Now if only I get cofirmation that Lux and Jarvan are also childhood friends (considering it's confirmed Garen and Jarvan knew each other when they were kids)... but I guess I shouldn't be too greedy.

As for patch notes, big Yorick and Kog buffs, but quite sad they nerfed WW's heal.

Old 2011-07-08, 04:17   Link #953
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So right now I trying to think of a reason why I should keep playing League of Legends. Is there any reason?
Yeah, to get triple kills with nerfed champions and scream "in your face!" If you've been playing long, you should have a lot of champions you're skilled with, switching around helps with the not getting bored part. Alternatively, take a break from LoL, you don't have to play all the time. When you come back, it will be that much better
Old 2011-07-08, 04:19   Link #954
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Oh *#$ing sh*%, Leona and Pantheon are childhood friends. Hello my OTP in LoL! ^_^

Now if only I get cofirmation that Lux and Jarvan are also childhood friends (considering it's confirmed Garen and Jarvan knew each other when they were kids)... but I guess I shouldn't be too greedy.

As for patch notes, big Yorick and Kog buffs, but quite sad they nerfed WW's heal.
Why just Leona and Panth? Ashe and Trynda are even married

Speaking of Ashe, her ult got nerfed quite a bit with a hefty cd increase, especially in early game.

Also, no surprise Yorick gets his all around buff, from base stats to pretty much all of his skills.

And I'm actually glad they nerf WW's heal, his solo laning is so annoying, you just can't get him off the lane.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 06:49   Link #955
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
The two champions I have been playing got nerfed :/

After the nerfing of Irelias healing to her Transcendant Blades (ult), which I accepted with a grain of salt. I had decided on a new stratergy and used it for a more offensive approach. Has now been nerfed in damage. So its Riot telling me "oh noes we cant have you healing off it, oh noes we cant have you doing damage with it either" so right now I really confuzzled. And then they nerfed Jarven which I actully have been liking and his Dragon strike is my favourit skill.

It's simple , they are nerfing the more viable champs showing at DH but also at Ranked.
Honestly , i'm ok with this cuz actually it show you the best champs.
Irelia can handle Solo Top very well & harrass your opponent while she still have full life , it doesn't matter if the opponent harrass her , she got passive lifesteal & ult heal , add philo stone & then she can stand Solo top very well & farm like a pig.
She can even stand against Jarvan who is also a great Solo Top.

You were playing only those two ? No wonder that you don't know how it feels to play against a good Irelia or Jarvan Solo top.

Anyway , good nerf for Alistar , he's a pain of the ass when well played.
But for Ashe :

Quote:
Cooldown increased to 100/90/80 from 75 at all levels
Slow duration no longer scales with level and now slows for 3 seconds at all levels
Ouch , just hope that your arrow touch your target.

Yes , more Rumble nerf.
A little nerf for GP passive. 4 stacks instead of 5.

Big Buff for Yorick yeah that was predictable
Swain 75% heal instead of 50% for champs but 25% for minions.

So when a buff for Panth ?
Old 2011-07-08, 06:53   Link #956
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

To become a better player instead of completely depending on overpowered champion?
Old 2011-07-08, 09:28   Link #957
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So when a buff for Panth ?
Never, he wants to be a baker at heart Tried him out a lot this week, his burst combo damage is pretty high, he is probably the fastest champion and his E guarantees crits all over the place, very good for ambushes. If I wanted a buff on Panth, it would be either HP per level or base mana, he knows how to spam dat spear.
Quote:
Anyway , good nerf for Alistar , he's a pain of the ass when well played.
Seconded, I've lost 1v1 Swain/Alistar and damn, was it embarrassing...
Quote:
Yeah, and Eve broke up with TF! xD
Old 2011-07-08, 11:16   Link #958
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Wards screw over sucks, but the ward block(Dropping ward to block skillshots such as Blitzcrank's hook) fix was nice.
Old 2011-07-08, 12:23   Link #959
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Wait, what? Ashe and Tryn are childhood friends? Since when? Need proof NAO, so I can squee and gush asap.

Because as far as I know, Ashe only met Tryn recently, going by her bio stating that "Rumors abound that Ashe has begun to associate herself with fellow champion Tryndamere outside of the Fields of Justice", but a JoJ might prove me wrong. And I admittedly don't read JoJ, but I digress....

BTW, I approve of your avatar. Didn't expect Taokaka and Ragna to know each other when they were kids. :thumbs up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Wards screw over sucks, but the ward block(Dropping ward to block skillshots such as Blitzcrank's hook) fix was nice.
As someone who jungles Rammus every now and then, I like the ward changes. My brother who practically mains Nidalee... not so much. XD

Old 2011-07-08, 12:29   Link #960
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ward changes are welcome, seems like a true fix to me. Anyone know when the patch is due?

Tags
league of legends, lol