AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-09-29, 13:38   Link #581
Kazu-kun

^ I wasn't arguing that every end in the game is a valid alternate end for the story. I know that, but it's irrelevant to what I was trying to say.
Old 2012-09-29, 15:06   Link #582
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It did, in that scene. But IIRC the movie is to take place before that point.
Well, Ok, but where did the final episode of PMMM make it clear that Madoka could not communicate with Homura?

Quote:
So I think the movie will probably deal with how Homura gets those freaky powers that she's using in that scene and the ability to communicate with Madoka.

That's why I don't expect Madoka to be able to communicate with her from the start. Of course these are all just my assumptions.
If your assumptions are correct, I think that the final movie is going to be very Black Rock Shooter-esque.

I think that Madoka will go semi-crazy and hence sort of half-witchify, requiring Homura to somehow absorb Madoka into herself (in some bizarre metaphysical realm), creating those "Wings that would make Sephiroth blush" for Homura. It would also mean that Madoka is now "inside" of Homura forever, hence the telepathy.

Not sure if I want this or not, but it would be flashy and entertaining in some ways at least, lol.
Old 2012-09-29, 15:35   Link #583
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I just hope for a lot of explosions.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 16:20   Link #584
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
I think that Madoka will go semi-crazy and hence sort of half-witchify, requiring Homura to somehow absorb Madoka into herself (in some bizarre metaphysical realm), creating those "Wings that would make Sephiroth blush" for Homura. It would also mean that Madoka is now "inside" of Homura forever, hence the telepathy.
But we already got an explanation for those wings. And wouldn't that prevent Madoka from doing her job?
Old 2012-09-29, 16:33   Link #585
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
But we already got an explanation for those wings. And wouldn't that prevent Madoka from doing her job?
Do we? I thought all we know is that those wings are an attack of hers, but we don't know if she always had it. And if she didn't we don't how she got it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:12   Link #586
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

The PSP game implies it to be a result of the paradox her knowledge gives her. Something about how she knows Madoka will come for her so she's never hopeless enough to get to that critical low.
Old 2012-09-29, 17:23   Link #587
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Something about how she knows Madoka will come for her so she's never hopeless enough to get to that critical low.
The game made that fan theory canon? Seriously? It's too coincidental. Do you have any translation on this so I can make my own conclusions? Since you said it was implied...

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-29 at 17:47.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:02   Link #588
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I'm just going off what I read on 2chan. I haven't had a chance to play the game yet.

I know, I know, 2ch's not reliable, but I've seen entire threads coming to a consensus on it.

That being said, the PSP game canonized a buttload of fan theories. Basically everything except Homura being Walpurgis.
Old 2012-09-30, 07:29   Link #589
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I know, I know, 2ch's not reliable, but I've seen entire threads coming to a consensus on it.
But it's still a consensus over something that's never really stated. And we don't even have the actual dialog lines to make our own conclusions.

My point stands though. We don't know exactly where her powers comes from, we don't have the facts, only implications, and it would be really cool if the movie explains it and even makes it an actual plot point of the story.
Old 2012-09-30, 11:06   Link #590
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

It would be, yea. But a bunch of people who play the game seem to collaborate this information and it even seems to match the title of the attack it gives her in game, so I see no reason to doubt it at this time.
Old 2012-09-30, 11:43   Link #591
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It would be, yea. But a bunch of people who play the game seem to collaborate this information and it even seems to match the title of the attack it gives her in game, so I see no reason to doubt it at this time.
But it's not information, it's just an interpretation, isn't it? You said it yourself: "the game implies..."

So there's nothing explicitly stated, right? The movie could cover that. May even go in a different direction. As long as it makes sense with whatever actual information was given in the game, the movie can go anywhere. Don't you think?

I'm just throwing out ideas though (and playing a bit of devil advocate). Who knows what they're going to do. Let's wait and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I recall that there's only one person who can hear Madoka (Homura) and there's only two people who can see Madoka (Homura, and Madoka's brother Tatsuya).

Well, we don't know if Homura can, but the case of Tatsuya is explained in the audio commentary:
Quote:
In the Audio Commentary for Episode 12, Urobuchi explained that the reason Tatsuya knows about Madoka is because he can see her. He says it's how little children can see things they're not suppose to, because they don't know they're not suppose to see it. Sadly, Urobuchi also said when he grows up, he won't be able to anymore and will likely forget all about it.
So this is like in the movie City of Angels, where babies can "see" the angels. It's just a sort of nice easter egg with no special meaning. Tatsuya himself will stop "seeing" as he grows up, as Gen explains.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-30 at 12:52.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 14:25   Link #592
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
But it's not information, it's just an interpretation, isn't it? You said it yourself: "the game implies..."

So there's nothing explicitly stated, right? The movie could cover that. May even go in a different direction. As long as it makes sense with whatever actual information was given in the game, the movie can go anywhere. Don't you think?

I'm just throwing out ideas though (and playing a bit of devil advocate). Who knows what they're going to do. Let's wait and see what happens.
I think you're putting too much stock in the syntax of a Japanese speaker using second-hand information to talk about Japanese stuff in a language he didn't grow up with. Just saying.

Quote:
So this is like in the movie City of Angels, where babies can "see" the angels. It's just a sort of nice easter egg with no special meaning. Tatsuya himself will stop "seeing" as he grows up, as Gen explains.
Unless Gen turns out to be wrong. :3

On the bright side, this means perhaps any child can see Madoka. If they all start gaggling about her and no one can find the source, it'll be a demonstrably supernatural event.
Old 2012-09-30, 15:01   Link #593
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I think you're putting too much stock in the syntax of a Japanese speaker using second-hand information to talk about Japanese stuff in a language he didn't grow up with. Just saying.
I just don't take interpretations too seriously unless they're my own.

Quote:
On the bright side, this means perhaps any child can see Madoka. If they all start gaggling about her and no one can find the source, it'll be a demonstrably supernatural event.
They could add this in the SOL version of Madoka that Shinbo dreams about.
Old 2012-09-30, 18:46   Link #594
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, we don't know if Homura can, but the case of Tatsuya is explained in the audio commentary:

Why does this give me the idea of Madoka playing Peter Pan in the new Madoka-verse?

Maybe Madoka has set up a mystical NeverNeverLand where she takes young kids for exciting dreams where "Peter Pan" Madoka fights against Captain Hook (maybe played by the soul of Sayaka ) in staged theatrical adventures for kids, lol.
Old 2012-09-30, 20:56   Link #595
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

more visual comparison between the BD and Movie version.

look like Sayaka's "fortissimo" hairpin become official now, wonder if it have any special meaning.

Old 2012-09-30, 21:41   Link #596
GDB

That hairpin is far too big. Subtlety doesn't imply weakness!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 23:10   Link #597
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
more visual comparison between the BD and Movie version.

look like Sayaka's "fortissimo" hairpin become official now, wonder if it have any special meaning.
Her boyfriend plays music I'm sure. And she also listens to classical music (thanks to BF).
Old 2012-10-01, 04:19   Link #598
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Also i'd say "fortissimo" describes Sayaka's personality quite well.
Old 2012-10-01, 14:37   Link #599
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

I don't want to elaborate much but here is what I think will happen in the third movie:

Spoiler for Long bunch of speculation...:
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 14:49   Link #600
getdoubles

That is even more depressing than the eternal story ending.
getdoubles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka magica, movie