Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-03-15, 03:47   Link #1
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Talking Which Anime Have the Best Endings?

Meh, there has been too much negativity in this board as of late, so it's time to discuss new and happy things! Oh, and please use spoiler tags if you're revealing spoilers. When in doubt, use them anyways.

Spoiler for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien:

Spoiler for Bokurano:

Spoiler for Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!:

Spoiler for Air:

Spoiler for 5 Centimeters per Second:

List your happy memories here!
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 05:52   Link #2
Oppius
Banned

Spoiler for Kannazuki no Miko:
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 10:49   Link #3
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Mine Would Be Nodame Cantabile....Marmalade Boy....Full Moon wo Sagashite ^^
Old 2008-03-15, 15:49   Link #4
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Seto no Hayanome
Old 2008-03-15, 16:21   Link #5
jedinat

I'll second Full Moon wo Sagashite
Onegai Teacher
Kurau Phantom Memory had a good ending in that you're led to believe the ending is horrible, but then it turns out it isn't so horrible... ^^
I'll second Kannazuki no Miko since the ending somewhat redeems the show (only somewhat ^^)
I could list a lot, but it would mostly be me just listing good anime, since they do tend to leave you with a better feeling
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 16:37   Link #6
GreatTeacherKen

I'll second both Manabi straight and Onegai teacher.

Some other endings I loved:

Cowboy bebop: Great conclusive ending that fits the way Spike's character has been set up and a strong resolution to the theme of running away from the past.

Grave of the Fireflies: Even though the film pretty much tells you what's going to happen at the beginning, I cried, that's all I really need to say.

Gunbuster: Tremendously satisfying ending.

Spoiler for episode 6:

Gungrave: In a way somewhat unexpected, but considering how the show was about family and friendship I thought this ending was very fitting and powerful. Nicely wraps everything up.

Now and then, Here and there: A nice bittersweet ending, but nonetheless quite inspirational.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 17:08   Link #7
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I third Kannazuki and second Gunbuster, especially Gunbuster that was incredible ending. I suppose Diebuster also
Spoiler for Diebuster:

GaoGaiGar Final
Spoiler for GaoGaiGar Final:
Old 2008-03-16, 04:50   Link #8
Oxtail

Manabi Straight has my all-time favorite anime ending.

Spoiler for Nodame Cantabile:

Spoiler for Ouran High School Host Club:
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:31   Link #9
mystic210

Send a message via MSN to mystic210
I loved the ending for Cowboy bebop I just don't think it could've ended any other way
mystic210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 21:44   Link #10
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

i liked gundam seed destiny ending even though whole series were... failure lol. onegai teacher wasn't bad either, and my fav fav fav have to be.. AZUMANGA DAIOH! best ending imo, didn't leave any openings and it was funny through entire series
Old 2008-03-17, 02:39   Link #11
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

I enjoyed Simoun's ending, although it made me feel kinda empty a couple hours after watching it. The neutral endings always seem to get to me the most. Evangelion made me feel the same way.
Old 2008-03-17, 04:41   Link #12
Rayneing
Trombe!

Uh, RahXephon, Serial Experiments: Lain, and especially Higurashi Kai. I guess those would all be my favourite endings. Usually, endings leave me feeling a little unsatisfied, but those ones really didn't. I think a lot of people would disagree with me on RahXephon and Lain, though.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:58   Link #13
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Uh, RahXephon, Serial Experiments: Lain, and especially Higurashi Kai. I guess those would all be my favourite endings. Usually, endings leave me feeling a little unsatisfied, but those ones really didn't. I think a lot of people would disagree with me on RahXephon and Lain, though.
Finally, I had wanted to contribute to this thread just as a favour to Kholdsecks, but really couldn't think of anything to post, so I'll just use Higurashi!
In my opinion, both seasons ended very well, though the first had explained a little less than nothing about its plot, the way it ended was nice. Kai's ending was great, though, as it had thoroughly explained almost everything that was questioned by the viewer in the first series (I still have no idea why Mion doesn't carry a real gun as opposed to a bb, or how and why Shion has a bloody taser on her at all times. But I guess they covered everything people actually care about, so it was fine.), and the way it concluded everything was nice (though a bit too nice.)

Actually, I just remembered Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, even though I'm quite sure we already went over how it was a good ending but not a good ending, and just to reiterate in case you forgot: a good ending would be 5 Centimeters, while a good ending would be Ef's.
Spoiler for HanTsuki:
Oh, and the ending of Code Geass was great. Definately t3h best part of the entire series.
And Bleach's ending.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I have to rewatch Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight, since it's apparently a lot better than I thought, and I can't recall the ending at all.
And when I say "not at all", I mean "not at all".
As in my closest guess would be that Yui Horie did something, then Mika, as I believe she was named, did something else, and Aya Hirano tried to be tsundere. Yui Horie probably sang a song, too.
Something along those lines.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 05:34   Link #14
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Nice thread here, KholdStare.

Pretty much all the anime listed in my profile are up for the best endings

I will slowly fill this post up one at a time, but first and foremost, I would like to mention "Kannazuki no Miko".
Old 2008-03-17, 08:22   Link #15
patnam

ef - a tale of memories's ending:
everyone is together and live happyly ever after.......
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 11:44   Link #16
Oxtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
EDIT: Oh, and I guess I have to rewatch Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight, since it's apparently a lot better than I thought, and I can't recall the ending at all.
As in my closest guess would be that Yui Horie did something, then Mika, as I believe she was named, did something else, and Aya Hirano tried to be tsundere. Yui Horie probably sang a song, too.

Spoiler for Manabi Straight:

And I quite liked Aya Hirano's tsundere character. I saw it as a low, smoldering tsundere as opposed to Rie Kugimiya's high-pitched explosive tsunderes. I'd love to see Aya Hirano play a similar character in a story that had a romantic element to it.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 12:12   Link #17
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
kanon's ending was really good

sseconded on air

i thought tengen toppa gurren laganns ending was one of hte few that gainax didnt mess up
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 13:21   Link #18
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
What the hell is wrong with you? This is one of the rare anime I ever rate a 9/10! I was very teary at the end, okay? It's a very good ending, but really just a decent ending, but better than a bad ending.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 13:44   Link #19
skyablaze

I second Azumanga Daioh and the movie Grave of the Fireflies
but I thought Ergo Proxy and Samurai X both had awesome ending's as well.
skyablaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 14:23   Link #20
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Too much anime to remember lol. I'll just go for the licensed stuff, since that narrows the field a bit and I can just easily scan my collection that way.

So in that regard, by far and away the best ending I have seen is AIR. Only once one has fully understood the story can one understand the scope and magnitude on what the ending is trying to say. I admit I didn't get it the first time around, but I was just like O_O when everything clicked in. From sorrow to joy, from tears to laughter, and most importantly, from sorrow to hope, this ending made me FEEL what really is meant to be human. Hands down, the best written and best acted ending I have seen then or since.

Honourable mentions...
Zegapain - with such a simple ending, one can deduce a lot of the answers to the loose ends left by the show. Now that's a sign of great writing.

Noein - The revelation is as shocking as it is logical. And that's all I'm gonna say.

Boys Be - 'Tadaima.' 'Okaeri.' Sometimes, less is definitely more.

Elfen Lied - Action-packed, moving, and in the end, thought-provoking. The perfect example of an ending that's very well done even when the manga was still ongoing at that time; shows likat that are very few and far in between.

Kanon 2002 - not really licensed, but the 2006 version is. IMO the ending is the only thing the old version has over KyoAni's version, as I feel Toei's ending has much more emotional impact than the entire 2006 version combined.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - it's because of the final arc that made this show great for me, and one of the reasons for that is the great ending. Just too bad I feel that half of the show was wasted.

End of Evangelion - ONE MORE FINAL: I need you. Aptly named, terrific execution. The scene that inspired some of the greatest fanfics written of all time. 'Nuff said.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote