AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-03, 20:35   Link #401
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
There are times when cop-outs work... this is not one of the. After finally watching the last episode, all I can say is... GIMME BACK MY GAR HEI AND THE REAL DTB!!!

Season II had its highlights but... you can't just do a sort of separate story when so much from the original story is left unanswered. Damn you BONES...
Last episode was not that bad. Suou finally died, thank god. The rest of season 2 was terrible though.
Old 2010-06-06, 01:52   Link #402
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Souo may have died, but the thing that drew me to DTB was hei kicking ass... and we only got that in the 1st and ninth episodes. Very disappointing... that's what you get when the moe-takus have taken over...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2010-06-06, 20:58   Link #403
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Souo may have died, but the thing that drew me to DTB was hei kicking ass... and we only got that in the 1st and ninth episodes. Very disappointing... that's what you get when the moe-takus have taken over...
She actually has been dead for a long time. Remember the past? Her brother used his contractor powers to pretty much make a clone of her of how she would have been in the future. I'm confident and pretty happy to say she died, Hei doesn't need her.

Well, now that Suou is gone, Hei can get back to the things that REALLY matter. Like molesting more children.
Old 2010-07-04, 00:05   Link #404
Tarantula Lady

The ending of S2 has been bothering me, so I thought I'd run this idea past the people on this forum.

Has anyone considered that Hei may be Izanagi? At least in part?
Spoiler for Ep. 12 - S2:

Last edited by Tarantula Lady; 2010-07-04 at 17:37.
Old 2010-07-24, 23:01   Link #405
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula Lady View Post
The ending of S2 has been bothering me, so I thought I'd run this idea past the people on this forum.

Has anyone considered that Hei may be Izanagi? At least in part?
Spoiler for Ep. 12 - S2:
No. They stated that Suou's brother was Izanagi. Hei is a human with contractor power, he can give powers to people, but bad things happen around him constantly. Of course he disappears at the end of Season 2. He's wanted. Not only that, everyone he knew and had a real relationship with DIED.
Old 2010-07-25, 00:29   Link #406
Tarantula Lady

I can't recall who said that Shion was Izanagi. Madame Oreille? I'm not sure you can depend on the characters to always say the truth, only the truth as they know it. About giving powers to people, that may be part of why bad things happen around him. That and the fact he's been a top assassin for the last 12 years and knows way too much about the various intelligence agencies.

Quote:
Of course he disappears at the end of Season 2. He's wanted. Not only that, everyone he knew and had a real relationship with DIED.
At the end of S1, Hei was trying to disappear but obviously couldn't do an effective job with Yin accompanying him. I'm not sure how many people realized that Hei without Yin stood a much better chance of evading the various groups still after him.

Spoiler for S2:

Spoiler for Ep. 12, S2:
To me, that seems rather depressing, but in retrospect, Hei never had much of a happy life. I suppose that leaves open the possibility of a third season, which would make the fans happy, at least.
Old 2010-07-25, 00:43   Link #407
Equidistant

Quote:
I can't recall who said that Shion was Izanagi. Madame Oreille? I'm not sure you can depend on the characters to always say the truth, only the truth as they know it. About giving powers to people, that may be part of why bad things happen around him. That and the fact he's been a top assassin for the last 12 years and knows way too much about the various intelligence agencies.

At the end of S1, Hei was trying to disappear but obviously couldn't do an effective job with Yin accompanying him. I'm not sure how many people realized that Hei without Yin stood a much better chance of evading the various groups still after him.

Spoiler for S2:

Spoiler for Ep. 12, S2:
To me, that seems rather depressing, but in retrospect, Hei never had much of a happy life. I suppose that leaves open the possibility of a third season, which would make the fans happy, at least.
Spoiler for OVA 4:
Old 2010-07-27, 15:45   Link #408
Tarantula Lady

Then that leaves the question, what did Hei do at the end? He did something, since his star shined. That's the question that bothers me because that also asks, just what the hell is Hei? Seriously, he is more than a contractor who can kill with electricity. So, what are his powers and what does he want at the end?
Old 2010-07-28, 05:32   Link #409
Equidistant

Quote:
Then that leaves the question, what did Hei do at the end? He did something, since his star shined. That's the question that bothers me because that also asks, just what the hell is Hei? Seriously, he is more than a contractor who can kill with electricity. So, what are his powers and what does he want at the end?
It's possible he somehow reattached Yin's soul to her body and separated her from Izanami. Who knows, maybe Kaga-Tsuchi is just Izanami forced into July's soulless body(because he's a shota lol).

As to what Hei is, he's a human/contractor hybrid. He's not actually a contractor, his sister, who's power lives inside him was. His sisters power was a lot more than shocking people, I forget exactly how it was explained, but she was on god mode apparently.
Old 2010-07-29, 19:31   Link #410
Tarantula Lady

Bai's power is control over energy and matter down to the quantum level. That's a pretty close definition to a god.
Old 2010-07-30, 05:07   Link #411
Seihai
スマイリウム

It's kinda stupid of me but I just now started wondering what actually happened to Bai in the end (or maybe I just forgot). Anyone knows or can explain?
Old 2010-07-30, 14:15   Link #412
Rima-Chan
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
It's kinda stupid of me but I just now started wondering what actually happened to Bai in the end (or maybe I just forgot). Anyone knows or can explain?
Maybe, since she controles energy and matter down to quantum level, she de-materialized herself on paticle level and resides inside Hei in form of his power

Uber crazy guess!!! xD I haven't tought of this thoughtfully first, so dont flame at meh!! xD
Old 2010-08-03, 21:40   Link #413
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
She died before Season 1 happened. To be accurate, I think she 'disappeared' because Hei was looking for her, but he kind of knew she was dead anyway.
Old 2010-09-18, 07:48   Link #414
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Spoiler for OVA 4:
Spoiler for OVA4:
Old 2010-09-27, 22:03   Link #415
Inne

Ok just burned through the DTB series I mean S1 to Gaiden to S2 and I can say S1 was great as good as first of Code Geass S1 but then I am in anticipation of S2 and WTF!!! just happened The End of Evangelion somehow crossed dimensions and got to the DTB S2 finale I mean COME ON WHAT WAS THAT!!! Only redeeming factor I see is that they left the door open for a S3 or movie continuation where they can explain what exactly Hei did and what became of him and Yin so I hope there is a continuation whether in movie or a new season format

I also have a question that I seriously need some answering on such as what the hell was exactly Shion/Izanagi's plan I mean I never truly understood it and why Izanami was needed for his plan so if you can answer it would be much appreciated and ideas as well

Also my take on Hei's power and the S1 and S2 finale. With his God-Mode powers he was able to do what he did with the Saturn Ring which was alter or what I believe to have separated Yin from Izanami and thus stop the apocalypse and and save Yin so at the end when he is holding her he is sort of riding off into the sunset like the Eureka Seven ending. Why I do believe there will be a continuation is because of that thing that was born which took the CIA agent's souls which I believe will be up to Hei and Yin to stop in this new season.
Old 2011-08-04, 01:54   Link #416
sand500

the better be a squeal or movie... right now, Tensai Okamura is working on blue exorcist, so until that is over, we might finally the next dtb next year
Old 2011-08-05, 11:38   Link #417
Unknown56

Hey, I’m kinda of new to this thing (to writing posts online and etc..) but I’m gonna give it a try firstly I want to say that I respect everyone’s view even if I disagree. I know ------ was absolutely sure that Hei is completely in love with Yin but let’s look at some facts.
1. Consider how old Yin is (how does this concern the relation) Yin’s age is around pie age (His sister) which means? That it’s only natural that Hei would deeply care for her and even fall into depression over being unable to protect for it reminds him of how he couldn’t ultimately protect pie. Don’t lie but doesn’t that make more sense than Hei falling in love with a girl two times younger than him?
2. We do not have any facts proof or words or action that could be justified in only that Hei loves yin
3. Yin I stress again is a young girl so since we debating over this anime like its taking part in real life I shall treat it as such. What is the statistic of falling in love only once in your life at a young age and staying with that person forever? I bet it’s close to none. This is highly improbable so is the idea of contractors (but love is something that does exist in real life, love in any movie, book, or anime is taken from our feelings so we can safely compare it with real life probabilities) don’t get me wrong it can happen it’s just unlikely.
4. In season, 1 it is noticed that yin clearly loves Hei but is that feeling returned no. Yin’s love is that of a young schoolgirl receiving sister love from Hei
5. A girl mentioned somewhere in season 1 Kirihara did nothing to act on the feeling developing but did you ever think that Hei said that because he wanted her to act on those feelings cuz he felt the same. At the moment she didn’t, he didn’t why? Because he was trying so hard to be cold hearted so imagine how hard it would have been if he surrender to past caring about someone
6. In the end of season, 1 Hei listened to her; when she said; don’t kill her boss he listened because he cared enough to be human for her if only for a little while. Note that he said the man called lee did not exist anymore but isn’t true by sparing the man at her request he still did
7. My last point arguing my case did anyone ever notice the fun Hei and Kirihara would have together how they both would laugh with each other however; with other people, they would be more distant even if they cared. For Hei he cared so much about Yin but it was a serious no nonsense type of caring, looking out for her as if she was his sister and she may have been somewhat a replacement of pie.
Okay these are my points please don’t judge. I know it’s a little long and now it’s my alternate version.
P.S. I’m not a very good story writer XD\
P.S.S. to keep it shorter it’s in bullet points
1. Both yin and Hei survived
2. Yin is holding on to the last thread of sanity just for awhile before she dies to tell Hei what’s going to happen. She requested for Hei to bring her to Finland where it will be her last resting place.
3. She confesses her love to him how she always felt that way. Hei consoles her it’s going to be okay. Then she tells him she’s going to die soon. Hei is consumed with grief it’s going to happen all over again. To Hei it’s like when he lost his sister and there’s nothing he can do about it.
4. Just for awhile they live in peace. Hei cares for her, Hei tells her I’m sorry I care about you a lot so much that I’m afraid to lose you but only as a sister. Yin simply does saying I understand.
5. In the final days of yin’s life, she confesses that she had been selfish. Hei says she hasn’t but yin reveals the truth.
6. “There’s a new boy. You must go back to Tokyo to kill him. You should not trust him by me denying Izanami he has come to destroy everything. I have been selfish. Me and shion we lied, we made everyone believe if we were to meet, the world would end, but that isn’t the truth. The truth is me and him we were meant to be together to create a new life form to protect the earth. That is why we have the gates. The gates are the key. To everything.” Hei is still confused but she tells her it doesn’t matter that everything’s okay. When yin dies, she hasn’t finished explaining only why the gates are clear but he knows he must go back.
7. He leaves Finland with yin under green trees to return to Tokyo. I am not afraid he thinks of fighting again but he knows he can’t let himself feel again.
8. Bk-201 star is active. Hikara stands looking up at the night sky. He is back she thinks, I am ready I do not care. He is only a friend. Hardly a friend.
9. Urgent news has reached the Tokyo headquarters North America has vanished. Panic and chaos fills the air. Hei lingers outside the park he knows it’s the boy. Rumors have spread the boy does not need an army or refuge he simply consumes everything in its path yet he receive constant fans. “Hei?” A familiar voice calls out of the darkness becoming him towards instead he turns and runs away.
10. South Asia has disappeared it seems that line of disappearances are heading straight for Tokyo. Latest fights have broken out with Hei and the boy’s follower. The time is drawing closer as every day, every hour a new star falls to the ground.
11. They are wiping out every contractor.
12. Hei and Kirihara finally meet. Hei refuses to acknowledge any former feelings they may have shared for each other. Instead they work alongside each other trying to figure out why contractors are being hunted down
13. The final battle takes place inside hells gate. Where they learn how the gates are the answer. Heaven’s gate was indeed the entrance to heaven that could have been trigged by yin and suo’s life force but hell’s gate is the opposite while heaven’s gate was only there to maintain balance. Hell’s gate was made to be opened where hell’s creatures will walk the earth enslaving and creating earth for themselves. This was why contractors were made to stop these creatures but the numbers have diminished.
14. Here Kirihara and a few of the police force have decided to form a contract to become contractors to aid in the battle against hell’s creatures.
15. And here is where Hei stops Kirihara and tells her not to do it. She challenges him asking why. Because you might lose, your emotions he answers which she responds to by saying why should he care which he confesses that he had hoped she stilled loved him.
16. The boy arrives interrupting there confessions by stabbing Hei in the back commenting that he accepted a better fight. Kirihara is forced to make a second decision accepting a contract where she learns that her power is exactly the same as the boy’s. She kills him and Hei is still alive. The other contractors help by driving back creatures emerging from and in hells gate.
17. Later when Hei is getting better he calls for Kirihara telling her he loves her no matter what Kirihara realizes that her price is to relinquish the feeling she holds dearest at time of her power usage thus she forgets the love she felt for Hei even if Hei still loves and vows to look out for her.
18. Voice back in Kirihara’s voice as usual whispers how ironic it is. How the fates are reversed how it was amber that would have done anything for Hei now it was Hei who would do anything for me for a feeling I desperately desire to feel. A feeling I recall so vaguely and crave but cannot have for that I am sorry but I know believe in Hei in me that somehow I will regain what I have lost.

I’m sorry it is so long, I met for a happy ending, but unfortunately, it ended up like this.
Closed Thread